Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let 'us go further back in time:

Gathas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Gathas (Gāθās, Pashto: ګاتان, Persian: گاهان‎, Gujarati: ગથાસ) are 17 hymns believed to have been composed by Zarathusthra (Zoroaster) himself. They are the most sacred texts of the Zoroastrian faith.
    Zoroaster (English pronunciation: /ˌzɒroʊˈæstər/ ZOHR-oh-as-tər), (Persian: زرتشت; Zartosht), (Armenian: Զարդաշտ; Zardasht) also known as Zarathustra (Avestan: Zaraϑuštra), who was the founder of Zoroastrianism, was born in the eastern part of ancient Greater Iran. He is credited with the authorship of the Yasna Haptanghaiti as well as the Gathas, hymns which are at the liturgical core of Zoroastrianism. Most of his life is known through the Zoroastrian texts. There is no consensus among scholars about the time period of his life, with the estimated dates of his birth range from 6000 BC to 100 BCE. However, the language spoken by Zoroaster, Old Avestan, used for composing the Yasna Haptanghaiti and the Gathas, on archaeological and linguistic grounds, is dated to have been spoken probably in the first half of the 2nd millennium BCE.[1]

have a look at the following and see what number corresponds (principle of correspondence ) to what word

Ha 28

Ahunavada Gatha 28 HM 1

By the help of these sacred verses7 I will keep a watch9 over truth8 and good11 thoughts10 till the end of my life12 in order to proclaim18 (amongst people) O Ahura Mazda14 do thou13 (thyself) teach16 me15 from20 thy17 Divine19 throne, through thy21 mouth22 how this world24 first25 came into being26 (or do thou teach me as to how this world first came into existence) (stanza 11)

verse 0

Thoughts2
    words4
    and deeds6
    of holy7 Zarathushtra 8 ( eight legged horse )
    (are) bringing prosperity1 (or are full of inspiration1)
    May12 the Amesha Spentas10 i.e. Bountiful immortals
    accept12 these Gathas11
    O sacred16 Gathas15 salutations13 be unto you14.
    -----------------------

Verse 3

Unto you55
    Asha (truth)56
    and Vohu Manah58 (good mind).
    O Ahura-Mazda.60
    I shall weave my hymns of praise57
    as never before59
    by whose grace (or from whom)
    (are obtained)
    the perpetual63 wealth62 (i.e. happiness of heaven)
    and bountiful64 perfect mentality65.
    For my66
    rejoicing67
    may you come69 towards (my) act of worship68.

Verse 6

(to a person) for his piety - righteousness10
    do thou come7 ( to our help)
    through the good6 mind8
    and grant9 (us) long life
    On account of true12
    utterances14
    O Ahura Mazda15
    immense17 joy18 verily arises unto Zarathushtra16
    and unto us19 (the disciples),
    O lord20 bountiful,
    so that21,
    of a wicked person22,
    the evils23
    we may overcome24
    Verse 9
    through these65
    ##gifts70 of the the @best74 @ mind72
    O Ahura Mazda68
    Asha69
    we will **not67 offend71 **thee66
    We who75 have striven eagerly77 in training of your76
    "yuthema" "Yut"= Sanskrit to strive to be eager re-duplicated to "yayat"
    songs of praise79
    (O truth and best mind)
    (you are) the gracious81 friend82 of
    the advantages84 (derived from you)
    Verse 12

I pray18 at this17 (moment)
    In humble adoration19
    with hands uplifted20
    first of all24.
    rejoicing21
    all27 righteous26 deeds28
    of the invisible22 (and) bountiful25 Ahura Mazda23
    (and) the wisdom30 of the good mind31
    so that32 I may please33
    the soul35 of the universe34.
    We revere Ahya Yasa Ha (i.e. ha called Ahya Yasa) ( ahyâsãm36 hâitîm37 ýazamaide38 ).
    Among living beings2 who1
    (is) better6 in acts of worship,4
    of such Ahura Mazda7 (Himself)
    is aware8
    on account of10 their holiness9
    - all such,11 both men12 and women,13
    do we revere.14

Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• did you know :

Gatha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gatha is a type of metered and often rhythmic poetic verse or a phrase in the ancient Indian languages of Prakrit and Sanskrit.[1] The word is originally derived from the Sanskrit/Prakrit root gai , which means, to speak, sing, recite or extol.[2] Hence gatha can mean either speech, verse or a song. The stanzas of the Prakrit dialects of Ardhamagadhi, Sauraseni and Pāli are known as gathas as opposed to shlokas and Sutras of Sanskrit and Dohas of Apabhramsha. Most of the Jain and Buddhist texts written in Prakrit are composed of gathas (or verses/stanzas).

Thus, gatha can mean any of the following:

Prakrit and Pali verses in general,
      or:[3]

Arya meter of Sanskrit was also known as gatha,
      A particular meter in Prakrit similar to arya meter of Sanskrit,
      Versified portions of Pali canon (Tipitaka) of Theravada Buddhism are also called specifically as gathas.
      [edit]

Gathas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Structure and organization

The Gathas are in verse, metrical in the nature of ancient Iranian religious poetry, which is extremely terse, and in which grammatical constructs are an exception.

The 17 hymns of the Gathas consist of 238 verses, of about 1300 lines or 6000 words in total. They were later incorporated into the 72-chapter Yasna (chapter: ha or had, from the Avestan ha'iti, 'cut'), which in turn is the primary liturgical collection of texts within the greater compendium of the Avesta. The 17 hymns are identified by their chapter numbers in the Yasna, and are divided into five major sections:
      AVESTA: YASNA: (English)

60. PRAYERS FOR THE DWELLING OF THE SACRIFICER.
      Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-24-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
        I wasn't sure which of your threads will be more appropriate to post this but want it to share this nice compilation -

sacred knowledge of vibration and the power of human emotions - YouTube

Vtech

Conscious Water: Power of Prayer Made Visible

After the above water sample had been taken, the Reverend Kato Hoki, chief priest of the Jyuhouin Temple, made a one-hour prayer practice beside the dam. After that, new water samples were taken, frozen and photographed. As you can see (at right), the change is stunning--the ugly blob of the former sample has become a clear, bright-white hexagonal crystal-within-a-crystal.

ps: Prayer has many forms just as fractal as we are .... it's all about the vibe

Distilled water exposed to classical music takes delicate, symmetrical crystalline shapes.
        Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-24-2012, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Charles Baudelaire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charles Pierre Baudelaire (French: [ʃaʁl bodlɛʁ]; April 9, 1821 – August 31, 1867) was a French poet who produced notable work as an essayist, art critic, and pioneering translator of Edgar Allan Poe. His most famous work, Les Fleurs du mal (The Flowers of Evil), expresses the changing nature of beauty in modern, industrializing Paris during the 19th century. Baudelaire's highly original style of prose-poetry influenced a whole generation of poets including Paul Verlaine, Arthur Rimbaud and Stéphane Mallarmé among many others. He is credited with coining the term "modernity" (modernité) to designate the fleeting, ephemeral experience of life in an urban metropolis, and the responsibility art has to capture that experience.[1]
          Charles Baudelaire's Fleurs du Mal

Le Chat

Cette voix, qui perle et qui filtre
          Dans mon fonds le plus ténébreux,
          Me remplit comme un vers nombreux
          Et me réjouit comme un philtre.

Que ta voix, chat mystérieux,
          Chat séraphique, chat étrange,
          En qui tout est, comme en un ange,
          Aussi subtil qu'harmonieux!
          Quand mes yeux, vers ce chat que j'aime
          Tirés comme par un aimant,
          Se retournent docilement
          Et que je regarde en moi-même,
          --------------------

That voice forms into drops, trickles
          Into the depths of my being,
          Fills me like harmonious verse
          And gladdens me like a philtre.

Than your voice, mysterious cat,
          Seraphic cat, singular cat,
          In whom, as in angels, all is
          As subtle as harmonious!

When my gaze, drawn as by a magnet,
          Turns in a docile way
          Toward that cat whom I love,
          And when I look within myself,

Bastet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bubastis = and equates with the Greek goddess Artemis
          Artemis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Artemis was one of the most widely venerated of the Ancient Greek deities. Her Roman equivalent is Diana. Some scholars[1] believe that the name and indeed the goddess herself was originally pre-Greek.[2] Homer refers to her as Artemis Agrotera, Potnia Theron: "Artemis of the wildland, Mistress of Animals".[3] The Arcadians believed she was the daughter of Demeter
          Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-25-2012, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• "The wise man’s eyes are in his head", says Ecclesiastes 2:14 fulcanelli
            from: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...magnet-33.html

can't believe it skipped my mind the experiment with the drill Scalar Faraday Disc & Magnetic Spin - YouTube
            .... is close to a Tesla Turbine .... remember the post on the stacked battery + Tesla Turbine ..... just thought of it

Comment

• last but not least by far

The Mahabharata
              of
              Krishna-Dwaipayana Vyasa
              Translated into English Prose from the Original Sanskrit Text
              by
              Kisari Mohan Ganguli
              [1883-1896]

just a short sample but worth it :

Book 3: Vana Parva Section III

3 . "Janamejaya said, 'How did that bull among the Kurus, king Yudhishthira, for the sake of the Brahmanas
              adore the sun of wonderful appearance?"

6. 'Yudhishthira said, "Thou art, O sun, the eye of the universe. Thou art the soul of all corporeal
              existences. Thou art the origin of all things. Thou art the embodiment of the acts of all religious men. Thou art the refuge of those versed in the Sankhya philosophy (the mysteries of the soul), and thou art the support of the Yogins. Thou art a door unfastened with bolts. Thou art the refuge of those wishing for emancipation. Thou sustainest and discoverest the world, and sanctifiest and supportest it from pure compassion. Brahmanas versed in the Vedas appearing before thee, adore thee in due time, reciting the hymns from the respective branches (of the Vedas) they refer. Thou art the adored
              of the Rishis. The Siddhas, and the Charanas and the Gandharvas and the Yakshas, and the Guhyakas, and the Nagas, desirous of obtaining boons follow thy car coursing through the skies. The thirty-three gods 1 with Upendra (Vishnu) and Mahendra, and the order of Vaimanikas 2 have attained success by worshipping thee. By offering thee garlands of the celestial Mandaras 3 the best of the Vidyadharas have obtained all their desires. The Guhyas and the seven orders of the Pitris--both divine and human--
              have attained superiority by adoring thee alone. The Vasus, the Manilas, and the Rudras, the Sadhyas, the Marichipas, the Valikhilyas, and the Siddhas, have attained pre-eminence by bowing down unto thee. There is nothing that I know in the entire seven worlds, including that of Brahma which is beyond thee. There are other beings both great and endued with energy; but none of them hath thy lustre and energy. All light is in thee, indeed, thou art the lord of all light. In thee are the (five) elements and all intelligence, and knowledge and asceticism and the ascetic properties. 4 The discus by which the wielder
              of the Saranga 5 humbleth the pride of Asuras and which is furnished with a beautiful nave, was forged by Viswakarman with thy energy. In summer thou drawest, by thy rays, moisture from all corporeal existences and plants and liquid substances, and pourest it down in the rainy season. Thy rays warm and scorch, and becoming as clouds roar and flash with lightning and pour down showers when the season cometh. Neither fire nor shelter, nor woolen cloths give greater comfort to one suffering from chilling blasts than thy rays. Thou illuminest by thy rays the whole Earth with her thirteen islands. Thou alone
              are engaged in the welfare of the three worlds. If thou dost not rise, the universe becometh blind and the learned cannot employ themselves in the attainment of virtue, wealth and profit. It is through thy grace that the (three) orders of Brahmanas, Kshatriyas and Vaisyas are able to perform their various duties and sacrifices. 6 Those versed in chronology say that thou art the beginning and thou the end of a day of Brahma, which consisteth of a full thousand Yugas. Thou art the lord of Manus and of the sons of the Manus, of the universe and of man, of the Manwantaras, and their lords. When the time of universal dissolution cometh, the fire Samvartaka born of thy wrath consumeth the three worlds and existeth alone And clouds of various hues begotten of thy rays, accompanied by the elephant Airavata and the thunderbolt, bring about the appointed deluges. And dividing thyself into twelve parts and becoming as many suns,
              thou drinkest up the ocean once more with thy rays. Thou art called Indra, thou art Vishnu, thou art Brahma, thou art Prajapati. Thou art fire and thou art the subtle mind. And thou art lord and the eternal Brahma. Thou art Hansa, thou art Savitri, thou art Bhanu, Ansumalin, and Vrishakapi. Thou art Vivaswan, Mihira, Pusha, Mitra, and Dharma. Thou art thousand-rayed, thou art Aditya, and Tapana, and the lord of rays. Thou art Martanda, and Arka, and Ravi, and Surya and Saranya and maker of day,
              and Divakara and Suptasaspti, and Dhumakeshin and Virochana. Thou art spoken of as swift of speed and the destroyer of darkness, and the possessor of yellow steeds. He that reverentially adoreth thee on the sixth or the seventh lunar day with humility and tranquillity of mind, obtaineth the grace of Lakshmi.
              They that with undivided attention adore and worship thee, are delivered from all dangers, agonies, and afflictions. And they that hold that thou art everywhere (being the soul of all things) living long, freed from sin and enjoying an immunity from all diseases. O lord of all food, it behoveth thee to grant food in abundance unto me who am desirous of food even for entertaining all my guests with reverence. I bow also to all those followers of thine that have taken refuge at thy feet--Mathara and Aruna and Danda and others, including Asani and Kshuva and the others. And I bow also to the celestial mothers of all creatures, viz., Kshuva and Maitri and the others of the class. O, let them deliver me their supplient.'

9 "Vaisampayana continued, 'Having obtained the boon, the virtuous son of Kunti, rising from the water, took hold of Dhaumya's feet and then embraced his brother's. And, O exalted one, wending then with Draupadi to the kitchen, and adored by her duly, the son of Pandu set himself to cook (their day's) food. And the clean food, however little, that was dressed, furnished with the four tastes, increased and became inexhaustible. And with it Yudhishthira began to feed the regenerate ones. And after the Brahmanas had been fed, and his younger brothers also, Yudhishthira himself ate of the food that remained, and which is called Vighasa. And after Yudhishthira had eaten, the daughter of Prishata took what remained. And after she had taken her meal, the day's food became exhausted.

Comment

• from the previous post :

para 6

3 the best of the Vidyadharas have obtained all their desires. The Guhyas and the seven orders of the Pitris--both divine and human--
                have attained superiority by adoring thee alone. The Vasus, the Manilas, and the Rudras, the Sadhyas, the Marichipas, the Valikhilyas, and the Siddhas, have attained pre-eminence by bowing down unto thee. There is nothing that I know in the entire seven worlds, including that of Brahma which is beyond thee. There are other beings both great and endued with energy; but none of them hath thy lustre and energy. All light is in thee, indeed, thou art the lord of all light. In thee are the (five) elements and all intelligence, and knowledge and asceticism and the ascetic properties

also note the word Valikhilyas .... and Valkyrie

Valkyrie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who decides who falls and dies in battle.

Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-25-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Baudelaire 'on' music:

Music

Music uplifts me like the sea and races
                  Me to my distant star,
                  Through veils of mist or through ethereal spaces,
                  I sail on it afar.
                  With chest flung out and lungs like sails inflated
                  Into the depth of night
                  I escalade the backs of waves serrated,
                  That darkness veils from sight.
                  I feel vibrating in me the emotions
                  That storm-tossed ships must feel.
                  The fair winds and the tempests and the oceans
                  Sway my exultant keel.
                  Sometimes a vast, dead calm with glassy stare
                  Mirrors my dumb despair

Vividly evocative, just like music.

Comment

• Originally posted by SYDERA View Post
                    Baudelaire 'on' music:

Music

Music uplifts me like the sea and races
                    Me to my distant star,
                    Through veils of mist or through ethereal spaces,
                    I sail on it afar.
                    With chest flung out and lungs like sails inflated
                    Into the depth of night
                    I escalade the backs of waves serrated,
                    That darkness veils from sight.
                    I feel vibrating in me the emotions
                    That storm-tossed ships must feel.
                    The fair winds and the tempests and the oceans
                    Sway my exultant keel.
                    Sometimes a vast, dead calm with glassy stare
                    Mirrors my dumb despair

Vividly evocative, just like music.

STYX come sail away- lyrics - YouTube

Come Sail Away lyrics
                    Songwriters: Deyoung, Dennis;

I'm sailing away
                    Set an open course for the Virgin Sea
                    'Cause I've got to be free
                    Free to face the life that's ahead of me

On board, I'm the captain
                    So climb aboard
                    We'll search for tomorrow on every shore
                    And I'll try, oh Lord, I'll try to carry on

I look to the sea
                    Reflections in the waves spark my memory
                    Some happy, some sad
                    I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had

We lived happily forever
                    So the story goes
                    But somehow we missed out on the pot of gold
                    But we'll try best that we can to carry on

A gathering of Angels appeared above my head
                    They sang to me this song of hope and this is what they said

They said, "Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me lads
                    Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me
                    Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me baby
                    Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me"

I thought that they were Angels, but to my surprise
                    We climbed aboard their starship, we headed for the skies

Singing, come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me lads

Comment

• Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me

Water speaks in long syllabyles, air in short."
                      Chazal

Comment

• Poetic Edda/Hávamál

Poetic Edda/Hávamál

[108] Hardly, methinks, | would I home have come,
                        And left the giants' land,
                        Had not Gunnloth helped me, | the maiden good,
                        Whose arms about me had been.
                        [111] It is time to chant | from the chanter's stool;
                        By the wells of Urth I was,
                        I saw and was silent, | I saw and thought,
                        And heard the speech of Hor.
                        (Of runes heard I words, | nor were counsels wanting,
                        At the hall of Hor,
                        In the hall of Hor;
                        Such was the speech I heard.)
                        [114] Such is her might | that thou hast no mind
                        For the council or meeting of men;
                        Meat thou hatest, | joy thou hast not,
                        And sadly to slumber thou farest.
                        Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-25-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
                          from the previous post :

para 6

3 the best of the Vidyadharas have obtained all their desires. The Guhyas and the seven orders of the Pitris--both divine and human--
                          have attained superiority by adoring thee alone. The Vasus, the Manilas, and the Rudras, the Sadhyas, the Marichipas, the Valikhilyas, and the Siddhas, have attained pre-eminence by bowing down unto thee. There is nothing that I know in the entire seven worlds, including that of Brahma which is beyond thee. There are other beings both great and endued with energy; but none of them hath thy lustre and energy. All light is in thee, indeed, thou art the lord of all light. In thee are the (five) elements and all intelligence, and knowledge and asceticism and the ascetic properties

also note the word Valikhilyas .... and Valkyrie

Valkyrie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who decides who falls and dies in battle.

a little observation from your vantage point .... which direction they are coming from and where they are going to ....observe the contrast

CCR - Born On The Bayou - lyrics - YouTube

Born On The Bayou lyrics

Now when I was just a little boy standin' to my Daddy's knee
                          My Poppa said son don't let the man get you do what he done to me
                          'Cause he'll get you 'cause he'll get you now now.

I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
                          And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
                          Chasin' down a hoodoo there.

[Chorus]
                          Born on the bayou
                          Born on the bayou
                          Born on the bayou.

Wish I was back on the bayou rollin' with some Cajun Queen.
                          Wishin' I were a freight train, oh, just a-chooglin' on down to New Orleans.

[Chorus]

I can remember the fourth of July, runnin' through the backwood bare.
                          And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin', chasin' down a hoodoo there,
                          Chasin' down a hoodoo there.

[Chorus]
                          Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-25-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• an Alchemical Fable also talking about giants (norse poem )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hop-o'-My-Thumb

"Hop-o'-My-Thumb", also known as "Little Thumbling" (French: Le Petit Poucet), was first published by Charles Perrault in Histoires ou contes du temps passé in 1697.[1] It is Aarne-Thompson type 327B, the small boy defeats the ogre.[2] This type of fairy tale, in the French oral tradition, is often combined with motifs from the type 327A, similar to Hansel and Gretel; one such tale is The Lost Children.[3]
                            Summary

Hop-o'-My-Thumb (Le Petit Poucet) is the youngest of seven children in a poor woodcutter's family. His greater wisdom compensates for his smallness of size. When the children are abandoned by their parents, he finds a variety of means to save his life and the lives of his brothers. After being threatened and pursued by a giant, Poucet steals the magic "seven-league boots" from the sleeping giant.

Poetic Edda/Hymiskviða

39. But ye all have heard,-- | for of them who have
                            The tales of the gods, | who better can tell?
                            What prize he won | from the wilderness-dweller,
                            Who both his children | gave him to boot.

run through the jungle - YouTube

Whoa, thought it was a nightmare,
                            Lo, it's all so true,
                            They told me, \"Don't go walkin' slow
                            'Cause Devil's on the loose.\"

CHORUS:
                            Better run through the jungle,

Woa, Don't look back to see.

Thought I heard a rumblin'
                            Callin' to my name,
                            Two hundred million guns are loaded
                            Satan cries, \"Take aim!\"

CHORUS

Over on the mountain
                            Thunder magic spoke,
                            \"Let the people know my wisdom,
                            Fill the land with smoke.\"

The Who - Please, Please, Please - YouTube

Please, Please, Please lyrics
                            Please, please, please, please me (You don't have to go)
                            Baby please, baby please, please me (You don't have to go)
                            Baby please, baby please don't go (You don't have to go)
                            Don't go, I said baby, don't baby
                            I love you so (You don't have to go)

Baby, you know you broke my heart when you went away (You don't have to go)
                            I said, I said, I said I'll see you some other day (You don't have to go)
                            I said, baby, baby, please, don't go (You don't have to go)
                            Don't go, no baby, no baby

Take this pain from my heart
                            [From: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Lyrics - WHO ]

Baby, let me take you by the hand (You don't have to go)
                            Baby, baby let me, let me be your lover man (You don't have to go)

Please, please, please, please me (You don't have to go)
                            Baby please, baby please, please me (You don't have to go)

Please please me
                            Poetic Edda/SkÃ*rnismál

Freyr spake:
                            [6] "From Gymir's house | I beheld go forth
                            A maiden dear to me;
                            Her arms glittered, | and from their gleam
                            Shone all the sea and sky.

Poetic Edda/Hárbarðsljóð

Harbarth spake:
                            [30] "Eastward I was, | and spake with a certain one,
                            I played with the linen-white maid, | and met her by stealth;
                            I gladdened the gold-decked one, | and she granted me joy."
                            Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-25-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Continuing our experiment going further back in time :

Gilgamesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gilgamesh ( /ˈɡɪl.ɡə.mɛʃ/; Akkadian cuneiform: 𒄑𒂆𒈦 [𒂆], Gilgameš, often given the epithet of the King, also known as Bilgames in the earliest Sumerian texts)[1] was the fifth king of Uruk, modern day Iraq (Early Dynastic II, first dynasty of Uruk), placing his reign ca. 2500 BC. According to the Sumerian king list he reigned for 126 years. In the Tummal Inscription,[2] Gilgamesh, and his son Urlugal, rebuilt the sanctuary of the goddess Ninlil, in Tummal, a sacred quarter in her city of Nippur. Gilgamesh is the central character in the Epic of Gilgamesh, the greatest surviving work of early Mesopotamian literature. In the epic his father was Lugalbanda and his mother was Ninsun (whom some call Rimat Ninsun), a goddess. In Mesopotamian mythology, Gilgamesh is a demigod of superhuman strength who built the city walls of Uruk to defend his people from external threats, and travelled to meet the sage Utnapishtim, who had survived the Great Deluge. He is usually described as two-thirds god and one third man.

--------------------- Epic of Gilgamesh: Tablet III

The Epic of Gilgamesh

Tablet III

The Elders spoke to Gilgamesh, saying:

'The one who goes on ahead saves the comrade."
                              he knows the road to the Cedar Forest,
                              Let his body urge him back to the wives ())."
                              Gilgamesh spoke to Enkidu, saying:

Ninsun is wise, all-knowing.
                              Gilgamesh and Enkidu walked to the Egalmah ("Great Palace"),
                              "Ninsun, (even though) I am extraordinarily strong (!)...
                              and I must travel on a road that I do not know!
                              until I kill Humbaba the Terrible,
                              If I kill Humbaba and cut his Cedar
                              The... words of Gilgamesh, her son,
                              She washed herself with the purity plant,
                              she donned her sash, and put on her crown.
                              She went up to the roof and set incense in front of Shamash
                              my son, Gilgamesh!
                              He will face fighting such as he has not known,
                              He will face fighting such as he has not known,
                              until he reaches the Cedar Forest,
                              on the day that you see him on the road(?)
                              the stars, and at night your father, Sin."
                              "Enkidu the Mighty, you are not of my womb,
                              She laid a pendant(?) on Enkidu's neck,
                              "I have taken ... Enkidu...
                              until he reaches the Cedar Forest,
                              [About 11 lines are missing here, and the placement of the following fragment is uncertain.]
                              ... the gate of cedar...
                              Enkidu ... in the Temple of Shamash,
                              ... the sons of the king(!) ...
                              Let his body urge him back to the wives (?).
                              Enkidu spoke to Gilgamesh saying:
                              [The last lines are missing.],

Comment

• Tablet 6

throwing off his dirty clothes and putting on clean ones.
                                a princess Ishtar raised her eyes to the beauty of Gilgamesh.
                                Be you my husband, and I will be your wife.
                                It will he harnessed with great storming mountain mules!
                                Bowed down beneath you will be kings, lords, and princes.
                                your donkey under burden will overtake the mule,
                                Gilgamesh addressed Princess Ishtar saying:
                                I would gladly feed you food fit for a god,
                                and may any lusting man (?) marry you!
                                a palace that crushes down valiant warriors,
                                a waterskin that soaks its bearer through,
                                a shoe that bites its owner's feet!
                                See here now, I will recite the list of your lovers.
                                for him you have ordained lamentations year upon year!
                                now he stands in the forest crying 'My Wing'!
                                You loved the stallion, famed in battle,
                                ordained for him drinking from muddled waters,'
                                who continually presented you with bread baked in embers,
                                so his own shepherds now chase him
                                who continually brought you baskets of dates,
                                'Oh my Ishullanu, let us taste of your strength,
                                'Me! What is it you want from me!
                                and that alfalfa grass should be my only cover against
                                you struck him, turning him into a dwarf(?),
                                And now me! It is me you love, and you will ordain for me as
                                going to Anu, her father, and crying,
                                Gilgamesh has recounted despicable deeds about me,
                                Was it not you who provoked King Gilgamesh?
                                Ishtar spoke to her father, Anu, saying:
                                If you do not give me the Bull of Heaven,
                                and will let the dead go up to eat the living!
                                "If you demand the Bull of Heaven from me,
                                Have you made grasses grow for the animals?"
                                I made grasses grow for the animals,
                                I have made grasses grow for the animals."
                                When it reached Uruk It climbed down to the Euphrates...
                                At his second snort a huge pit opened up,
                                and Enkidu fell in up to his waist.
                                with his thick tail he flung his dung behind him (?).
                                How shall we respond...
                                I will rip out...
                                I will fill my hands (?) ..
                                between the nape, the horns, and... thrust your sword."
                                and held onto it with both his hands (?),
                                Between the nape, the horns, and... he thrust his sword.
                                They withdrew bowing down humbly to Shamash.
                                cast herself into the pose of mourning, and hurled her woeful curse:
                                he wrenched off the Bull's hindquarter and flung it in her face:
                                Ishtar assembled the (cultic women) of lovely-locks, joy-girls, and harlots,
                                (All) the artisans admired the thickness of its horns,
                                Six vats of oil the contents of the two
                                head (Lugalbanda?).
                                striding through the streets of Uruk.
                                "Who is the bravest of the men)
                                the boldest of the males!
                                Gilgamesh held a celebration in his palace.
                                He woke up and revealed his dream to his friend.

The Police & sting-Every Breath You Take.Superb sentimental Piano Cover with lyrics - YouTube

a weird thing just happened .... the music player was paused (sky.fm ) and it just started playing a song quite peculiar :

Every Breath You Take lyrics

Every breath you take
                                And every move you make
                                Every bond you break, every step you take
                                I'll be watching you

Every single day
                                And every word you say
                                Every game you play, every night you stay
                                I'll be watching you

Oh can't you see
                                You belong to me
                                How my poor heart aches
                                With every step you take

Every move you make
                                And every vow you break
                                Every smile you fake, every claim you stake
                                I'll be watching you

Since you've gone I been lost without a trace
                                I dream at night I can only see your face
                                I look around but it's you I can't replace
                                I feel so cold and I long for your embrace

I keep crying baby, baby, please

Oh can't you see
                                You belong to me
                                How my poor heart aches
                                With every step you take

Every move you make
                                And every vow you break
                                Every smile you fake, every claim you stake
                                I'll be watching you

Every move you make, every step you take
                                I'll be watching you

I'll be watching you
                                (Every breath you take, every move you make)
                                (Every bond you break, every step you take)
                                I'll be watching you
                                (Every single day, every word you say)
                                (Every game you play, every night you stay)

I'll be watching you
                                (Every move you make, every vow you break)
                                (Every smile you fake, every claim you stake)
                                I'll be watching you

I'll be watching you
                                (Every breath you take, every move you make)
                                (Every bond you break, every step you take)
                                I'll be watching you

I'll be watching you
                                (Every move you make, every vow you break)
                                (Every smile you fake, every claim you stake)
                                I'll be watching you

Comment

Working...
                                X