The Brain is an Advanced Fractal Antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Zennist: Not by sitting

Hui-neng said: “The Truth is understood by the mind (hsin), and not by sitting (ts’o) in meditation" (Suzuki, The Zen Doctrine of No-Mind, 36).
    If one expects to see what the Buddha saw it will be with a well trained mind; not the ability to sit for long periods of time stewing in Mara the Evil One’s psychophysical (pańca-skandha) machine. In this regard, we have the capacity to see beyond our embodied condition—we shouldn't rest content with it.
    One hour's meditation on the work of the Creator is better than seventy years of prayer.

Go in quest of knowledge even unto China.

Prophet Muhammad

from: http://www.energeticforum.com/psychi...tml#post194508

Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
    in nature you'll always have pole positive / negative , Red / Blue , Centrifugal / Centripedal , Emit / Receive , Male / Female , Hummingbird/Flower .... and in the middle the Child who has not gone through his / her " Puberty" .... androgynous .... Purple

known to Ancients as the Middle Path

[IMG][/IMG]

just so you know ... i don't sit like the drawing above and sing Aum all day .... .............. I think and listen to that " child's voice" and search .... my kind of meditation + music and a nap

its closer to the music i listen to .... that does not mean other ways don't work .... let's not forget

your heart is not my heart

Ch'an Masters: Hui Hai

What is the Middle Way?

A: It signifies the extremes.
    Q: I inquired about the middle way; why do you say it signifies the extremes?
    A: Extremes are only valid in contradistinction to the middle way. If at first you do not postulate extremes ( principle of Polarity ), from what can you derive the concept of a middle way? This middle you are talking about was first used in relation to extremes. Hence we should realize that the middle and extremes owe their existence to their mutual dependence and that all of them are transient.
    ----------

The Diamond Sutra

The Diamond Sutra says: "If their minds grasp the Dharma, they will still cling to the notion of an ego (a being and a life); if their minds grasp the Non-Dharma, they will still cling to the notion of an ego. Therefore we should not grasp at and hold onto the notions either of Dharma or Non-Dharma." This is holding the true Dharma. If you understand this doctrine, that is true deliverance. That, indeed, is reaching the gate of nonduality.
    Coordinates :

Lat (WGS84) N51:01:21 (51.022383)
    Long (WGS84) W1:15:48 (-1.263467)

one more thing :

HIRA :

What is the meaning of the name Hira? | Answerbag

Hira has various meanings, depending on its country of origin. Hira in Sanskrit means "diamond" and is used for either a boy or a girl. The Muslim name Hira is used only for girls and means "darkness." The girl's name Hira in Hausa means "chatty," while in Arabic it means "a young palm shoot."
    it is also related to Cats = kitten [hurairah] = = cat [hirrah] = Bastet

How do you say CAT in arabic? - Yahoo! Answers

Hira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hira (Arabic: حراء‎ Ḥirāʾ) or the Cave of Hira (غار حراء Ġār Ḥirāʾ) is a cave about 2 mi (3.2 km) from Mecca, on the mountain named Jabal Al-Nūr in the Hejaz region of present day Saudi Arabia.
    It is notable for being the location where Muslims believe Muhammad received his first revelations from God (Allah) through the angel Jibreel, also known as the angel Gabriel to Christians.[1]
    +

Arabic Quran Surah 24. Light

Last edited by MonsieurM; 12-03-2012, 09:38 PM.
    Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• from: http://www.energeticforum.com/genera...res-sun-3.html

Originally posted by IndianaBoys View Post
      THE SCALE OF AMAZING: A slow but dense solar wind stream hit Earth's magnetic field on Dec. 1st, 2012

WOW! From zero to 100 in 5 minutes! The sky has been clear for several days without a trace of any auroras here in the north, but tonight all this changed in an instant. From a thin pale arc stretching from east to west to one of the most powerful coronas in a long while with an exceptionally distict band of purple-pink from excited nitrogen molecules at the lower edge.

IndianaBoys

more like : Pablo Cruise | Zero to Sixty in Five - YouTube + Pablo Cruise - ocean breeze , full 12 min version - YouTube

Last edited by MonsieurM; 12-03-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• just a side note on our discussion :

when referencing a chapter / sura from the bible or the Quran ...... I only reference the title and number of the mentioned chapter .... not the verses it contains ( they have their own function ....analogy oblige ) unless it is mentioned ....

45:XXXIII CIRCUMLOCUTIONS.--"Every time you find in our books a tale, the reality of which seems impossible, a story which repugnant both to reason and common sense, then be sure that tale contains a profound allegory veiling a deeply mysterious truth; and the greater the absurdity of the letter the deeper the wisdom of the spirit." RABBI MOSES MAIMONIDES .
        you know what will be hard for some to grasp ( myself included ) is that like any Sufi Mystic knows :

our books can be sum up in one Book :

Hazrat Inayat Khan Volume Index

To the eye of the seer every leaf of the tree is a page of the holy book that contains divine revelation, and he is inspired every moment of his life by constantly reading and understanding the holy script of nature.

When man writes, he inscribes characters upon rock, leaf, paper, wood, or steel. When God writes, the characters He writes are living creatures ( see also CODEX OF LOVE ) .
        BELIEF = BE LEAF

Sun Angel Creations - Law of Attraction Secrets - NumberQuest Numerology - NQ-Multi Numerology Calculator - Calculate Pythagorean, Chaldean, Kabbalah and Gematria Numerology Numbers! :: 123 Free Numerology Reports! :: Unlimited Free Numerology Name,

John Mayall - Full speed ahead - YouTube

John Mayall at his best.The name of the track is "full speed ahead" from the album "Back to the roots" 1971

Last edited by MonsieurM; 12-03-2012, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• The crop circle and the drawing of the hexagon isn't shaped exactly the same. The crop circle resembles more of the shape of the tree of life.

If the angles of the crop circle's 'flattest' edge is 51*, 51 min 51 sec it's time for a nice cup of tea! And the triangle pattern might learn us something more about the tree and flower of life.

Comment

• It obviously isn't 51 etc, I correct myself. But it's still an interesting crop circle!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael C View Post
              The crop circle and the drawing of the hexagon isn't shaped exactly the same. The crop circle resembles more of the shape of the tree of life.

If the angles of the crop circle's 'flattest' edge is 51*, 51 min 51 sec it's time for a nice cup of tea! And the triangle pattern might learn us something more about the tree and flower of life.
              good reading you Michael C , found the following but have not explore it as i was about to post another info that caught my attention ..... quite philosophical

crowndiamond.org

Last edited by MonsieurM; 12-04-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Al-Farabi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Psychology, the soul and prophetic knowledge

In his treatment of the human soul, al-Farabi draws on a basic Aristotelian outline, which is informed by the commentaries of later Greek thinkers. He says it is composed of four faculties: The appetitive (the desire for, or aversion to an object of sense), the sensitive (the perception by the senses of corporeal substances), the imaginative (the faculty which retains images of sensible objects after they have been perceived, and then separates and combines them for a number of ends), and the rational, which is the faculty of intellection.[60] It is the last of these which is unique to human beings and distinguishes them from plants and animals. It is also the only part of the soul to survive the death of the body. Noticeably absent from these scheme are internal senses, such as common sense, which would be discussed by later philosophers such as Avicenna and Averroes.[61][62]

Special attention must be given to al-Farabi's treatment of the soul's imaginative faculty, which is essential to his interpretation of prophethood and prophetic knowledge. In addition to its ability to retain and manipulate sensible images of objects, he gives the imagination the function of imitation. By this he means the capacity to represent an object with an image other than its own. In other words, to imitate "x" is to imagine "x" by associating it with sensible qualities that do not describe its own appearance. This extends the representative ability of the imagination beyond sensible forms and to include temperaments, emotions, desires and even immaterial intelligibles or abstract universals, as happens when, for example, one associates "evil" with "darkness".[63][64] The prophet, in addition to his own intellectual capacity, has a very strong imaginative faculty, which allows him to receive an overflow of intelligibles from the agent intellect (the tenth intellect in the emanational cosmology) ( Pineal Gland ). These intelligibles are then associated with symbols and images, which allow him to communicate abstract truths in a way that can be understood by ordinary people. Therefore what makes prophetic knowledge unique is not its content, which is also accessible to philosophers through demonstration and intellection, but rather the form that it is given by the prophet's imagination.[65][66]
                hope it makes sense in light of our discussion see : http://www.energeticforum.com/217129-post3697.html

from: http://www.energeticforum.com/psychi...tml#post178824

Maimonides - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In his twenties, Maimonides wrote a Treatise on logic (Makalah fi-sina'at al-mantik in Arabic). The work illustrates the essentials of Aristotelian logic to be found in the teachings of the great Arabic philosophers such as Avicenna and, above all, Al-Farabi, "the Second Master" to employ Maimonides' words, the "First Master" being Aristotle.

+

24 / 42 where did we see these numbers .....

from: http://www.energeticforum.com/psychi...tml#post210583

from : Reading the Green Language of Light - Vincent Bridges

In Islam, the mithrab is the prayer doorway to Mecca and the inner mysteries of Mohammed's revelation. In many Sufi sects, the mithrab has the geometric pattern of the Tree of Life, without Malkuth, inscribed in its niche. This is usually coupled with the Light Verse from the Qu'ran - Sura 24, verse 35. To the Sufis, this verse exemplifies the very idea of illumination. Idries Shah called the verse "the essence of Sufism," and goes on to suggests that it "conceals the nature of the cognition of the extra dimensions of the human consciousness which comes beyond the intellect."
                Ajna / Jannah

Function

Ajna translates as 'command', and is considered as the eye of intuition. When something is seen in the mind's eye, or in a dream, it is being 'seen' by Ajna. It is a bridge that links gurus with disciples, allowing mind communication to occur between two people. The sense organ and action organ associated with Ajna is the mind in both cases.

Hindus believe that spiritual energy from the external environments enter their body through this gateway and hence take utmost precaution in protecting it with spiritually positive protecting forces. The various religious marks one sees on the foreheads of men and women belonging to the Hindu faith (like holy ash,namam, vermilion etc.) are thus the blessed spiritual prasadam of their respective form of the Hindu gods.

Meditation upon Ajna supposedly grants the following siddhis or occult powers: to quickly enter anothers body at will; to become omniscient; he realizes unity with Brahman; and he has the ability to create, preserve and destroy the three worlds.
                Last edited by MonsieurM; 12-04-2012, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
                  good reading you Michael C , found the following but have not explore it as i was about to post another info that caught my attention ..... quite philosophical

crowndiamond.org

follow up and coincidently relates to Al Farabi

In his treatment of the human soul, al-Farabi draws on a basic Aristotelian outline, which is informed by the commentaries of later Greek thinkers. He says it is composed of four faculties:
                  The Structure of the Tree of Life, its underlying geometric form.

From unity we went to duality to quaternity. The Four Elements are a quaternity as it is said that they are interrelated, they cannot exist without one another. They come forth out of unity and they dissolve into unity. The Four Elements are the foundation out of which the entire universe is built.

The resulting diamond shape brings forth some interesting things:

The diamond shape is related to the number four and quaternity, but it brings forth the triangle within, and thus trinity, and the cross which produces a fifth point. So we have the numbers 3, 4 and 5, and this is the mathematical expression of the right triangle having 30°, 60° and 90° angles, of which the legs are 3 and 4, and the hypotenuse 5. It is the only triangle of which the hypotenuse will be a whole number when the legs are whole numbers too.

13 and 6
                  Last edited by MonsieurM; 12-04-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Energy Transfer?

Hi, sorry this is a bit off topic, but I wanted to share the following lines from a Sanskrit text Megha Duta by Kalidasa: (I am going out on a limb here! ) so please be forgiving

"And if Siva were to cast off
                    his dark snake bracelets
                    and hold Gauri's hand
                    While she wanders on foot about that mountain of fun
                    you should arrange your body
                    into a series of waves
                    and steady the water within

becoming a stairway soft on the feet
                    for her climb."

There is much debate as to how these texts should be translated, so my thoughts were related to dealing with energy within the body. I know that in Urdu 'gauri' means 'white princess'- I have a Norweigian friend who has this name and she told me the same meaning- ahh the interconnectedness of language- the Druids and the Brahmans- more serpent cult links, the serpentine being symbolic of the life force within (kundalini)

into a series of waves

I think these lines could be/may be a reference to the Kundalini and possibly how to activate it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sayana View Post
                      Hi, sorry this is a bit off topic, but I wanted to share the following lines from a Sanskrit text Megha Duta by Kalidasa: (I am going out on a limb here! ) so please be forgiving

"And if Siva were to cast off
                      his dark snake bracelets
                      and hold Gauri's hand
                      into a series of waves

becoming a stairway soft on the feet
                      for her climb."

There is much debate as to how these texts should be translated, so my thoughts were related to dealing with energy within the body. I know that in Urdu 'gauri' means 'white princess'- I have a Norweigian friend who has this name and she told me the same meaning- ahh the interconnectedness of language- the Druids and the Brahmans- more serpent cult links, the serpentine being symbolic of the life force within (kundalini)

into a series of waves

I think these lines could be/may be a reference to the Kundalini and possibly how to activate it?

Stairway to Heaven Led Zeppelin Lyrics - YouTube

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
                      And she's buying a stairway to heaven
                      When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed
                      With a word she can get what she came for
                      Ooh, ooh, and she's buying a stairway to heaven

There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
                      'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings
                      In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings
                      Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven
                      Ooh, it makes me wonder
                      Ooh, it makes me wonder

There's a feeling I get when I look to the west
                      And my spirit is crying for leaving
                      In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
                      And the voices of those who stand looking
                      Ooh, it makes me wonder
                      Ooh, it really makes me wonder

And it's whispered that soon if we all call the tune
                      Then the piper will lead us to reason
                      And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
                      And the forests will echo with laughter

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now
                      It's just a spring clean for the May queen
                      Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
                      There's still time to change the road you're on

And it makes me wonder

Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know
                      The piper's calling you to join him
                      Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow and did you know
                      Your stairway lies on the whispering wind?

And as we wind on down the road
                      Our shadows taller than our soul
                      There walks a lady we all know
                      Who shines white light and wants to show
                      How everything still turns to gold

And if you listen very hard
                      The tune will come to you at last
                      When all are one and one is all, yeah
                      To be a rock and not to roll

And she's buying a stairway to heaven

Musick, Magick, And Mayhem: Led Zeppelin’s Rock n’ Roll Deal With The Devil

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant have gone on record by talking about Led Zeppelins’ songs being channeled through occultic “automatic handwriting”. Plant said that the lyrics for “Stairway to Heaven” were written while he was oblivious to what was happening through him:

“…Robert described the “automatic” nature of the lyric: ‘I was just sitting there with Pagey in front of a fire at Headley Grange. Pagey had written the chords and played them for me. I was holding a paper and pencil, and for some reason, I was in a very bad mood. Then all of a sudden my hand was writing out words. 'There's a lady who's sure, all that glitters is gold, and she's buying a stairway to heaven.’ I just sat there and looked at the words and then I almost leaped out of my seat’”* (34).
                      +++
                      “He [Robert Plant] often remarked that he could feel his pen being pushed by some higher authority”* (35).
                      Last edited by MonsieurM; 12-04-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Stairway to Heaven

Ahh, yes, these song lyrics did pop into my head, the white princess, two paths (kundalini spiral).
                        Thanks for the indulgence MrM

Comment

Ahh, yes, these song lyrics did pop into my head, the white princess, two paths (kundalini spiral).
                          Not a Prob ... it is a pleasure .... as you bring inspiration to this discussion .... the same goes for all the active members of this discussion .... and the passive ones as well

for instance there are 15 passive members right now

Deep Purple-Child in Time - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
                            Not a Prob ... it is a pleasure .... as you bring inspiration to this discussion .... the same goes for all the active members of this discussion .... and the passive ones as well

for instance there are 15 passive members right now

Deep Purple-Child in Time - YouTube
                            And when I was 15 years old I used to listen to Deep Purple- Child in Time

Comment

it is the same as going to the Root of the roots .... or a reverse Fibonacci Spiral Stairs

we have a compartmentalized life almost "toxic" some might say .... but when you "star t" your Alchemical ( Apo Calypsis ) path .... you disencumber yourself with all the extra burden

It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.
                              Bruce Lee
                              a reverse Fibonacci Spiral Stairs

( picture from Leon Cathedral ...... back to roots )

1 1 2 = 13 Tao

what is interesting ( personally ) is as this discussion has expanded ..... personally .... things have simplified .... still a few issues to deal with .... but overall simplified in comparison as to where we started this discussion ;
                              Last edited by MonsieurM; 12-04-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• what is interesting ( personally ) is as this discussion has expanded ..... personally .... things have simplified .... still a few issues to deal with .... but overall simplified
                                I was wandering about in my beloved forest a few days ago, thinking about what Al-Farabi put so wisely in your link above:
                                This extends the representative ability of the imagination beyond sensible forms and to include temperaments, emotions, desires and even immaterial intelligibles or abstract universals, as happens when, for example, one associates "evil" with "darkness"
                                The answer I got was: You have many questions about good and evil. You don't need those questions. You have a heart.

The most complicated question require only the simplest of answers.

Comment

Working...
                                X