No announcement yet.

Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• congrats bits amazing piece of work. cannot wait for long term test results!!
    http://www.teslagenx.com

Comment

• wow big one off the coast of northern cali and now haiti... the area south of JB is part of the mammoth lakes system of calderas.... will be interesting to see what is happening Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days
      http://www.teslagenx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
        Just though I would let you all know, Scalar wave tuner is off the scale in the geo-magnetic area +100, we must be in for some huge earth movement. Last time I have see this was the Sylmar earthquake. Tuner pointing towards the south of Idaho, I'm 90 miles from Canada. Again Excellent work Bit's, we need to talk about some work we need done here.
        JB
        You just did my head in John....

@ Bits.

Beautiful work. Clean as a whistle. Looking forward to seeing how she goes.

Regards
        "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Plazma,
          I have not checked out anything, just watching this disturbance in the meter, it is coming from the south of me and only in that direction. I will go look on the news channels, and yahoo. This reading is really high +120.5 now. Ment to say +120.5 about. Gravity wave tuner also active. easy to make.
          JB
          Last edited by John_Bedini; 01-13-2010, 07:00 AM.
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Congrats Bits! Nice board.

Over the past month, I've been busy with the scalar charger in whatever spare time I can find. I redid my initial circuit to use 470uf and a 10mH inductor. The best I've done was to only lose about .02V/day driving a grain of wheat bulb, but the 4AH gel cell I was using was far from good quality. Without the bulb, it once held its voltage steady for 24 hours while running.

The TS has been described as dual scalar chargers. It wasn't until a couple days ago when that actually sunk in. So I populated a couple more boards and got them hooked up tonight. I only had two flood lead acid batteries charged and ready to go, so I put one in each of the SC boards (in place of one capacitor); the second cap in each board is a 10kuf 100V. (I bought 4 flooded lead acid batteries this weekend, but I'm want to make sure this had a chance of working first.)

Connecting the two SC's together is a #55 bulb (2.9W) between the negative and a 2721 (1.2W) bulb between the positives. The current pulse rate is approximately 200ms on (charge/discharge) and a 500ms delay, so one complete cycle takes about 1.5s. Only the 1.2W bulb actually lights.

Attached are some pictures and a graph of one of the batteries over the first couple hours. 24hr + resting voltage was 12.70V for battery 1 & 12.53 for battery 2 (no graph). Notice it dropped initially when I used a #53 bulb, but started recovering when I switched to the 1.2W bulb. Current voltage of B1 is 12.71V and B2 is 12.54 with +/- .01V fluctuations, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Erik
            Attached Files

Comment

• Easy to Make . . . ?!

Hi JB,

Gravity wave tuner, too . . . sounds interesting . . . "easy to make you say" . . . just like a Tesla Switch, eh? . . .

On a serious note - there is a massive caldera in SouthWest Idaho - not as big as Yellowstone but its just huge. Flew over it once, many years ago. It goes and a lot of Idaho russetts (that's potatos) get baked - quick.

Bits did great - glad for his success.

Cheers,

Plasma

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
              Plazma,
              I have not checked out anything, just watching this disturbance in the meter, it is coming from the south of me and only in that direction. I will go look on the news channels, and yahoo. This reading is really high +120.5 now. Ment to say +120.5 about. Gravity wave tuner also active. easy to make.
              JB

Comment

• Originally posted by Plazma View Post
                Hi JB,

Gravity wave tuner, too . . . sounds interesting . . . "easy to make you say" . . . just like a Tesla Switch, eh? . . .

On a serious note - there is a massive caldera in SouthWest Idaho - not as big as Yellowstone but its just huge. Flew over it once, many years ago. It goes and a lot of Idaho russetts (that's potatos) get baked - quick.

Bits did great - glad for his success.

Cheers,

Plasma
                Last time it erupted in Miocene Period. No potato growers at that time but sure lots of animals suffered.

@ John Bedini Just out of curiosity; your TS from 84, posted in Mueller Report, with audio transformers and SG oscillator. You had this built and tested back in 80'. I don't see any errors in the schematics print and it is fairly simple build, no mechanical parts, inexpensive components (3055 vs. MJL). There is a switch putting either 1uF for low pulsing - charging and 100nF for 50Hz - running a load. I'll try and test digital (Bit's) version but I'm still curios about purely "analog" way and just as simple as it can be.
                Also, You have mentioned that there is something missing in Bill and Ray SC and your statement causes me lack of sleep, lately . I was thinking about inductance in both, positive and neg. nodes. Tried, wrong. Any hint? I tried with inductors of any sort and freq. from single Hz to 0.6MHz (hoping to stumble upon battery sub harmonic). No luck so far. Are MJL's absolutely essential to get this work? I mean work as intended, not just switch over and keep battery steady for hours, while paying for switching. This can be done by just leaving battery alone, unplugged. She will hold a voltage for 24 hrs.

Thank you

Vtech
                'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• TS load for charging

What I found so far on testing the full switch was that the amplitude of the voltage pulses over the load was always the difference between the 2 series batteries (24v) and the 2 parallel batteries (12v) minus the diode and transistor losses. . It does not make a difference what voltage bulb you use. If you use a 3v bulb it will blow. Using a different voltage rated bulb does not change the voltage drop over it much.
                  Now a higher wattage bulb will let more current through and the more current that flows through a resistor the higher the voltage drop over it is.
                  So the trick is not to let to much current through otherwise there is not enough left to charge the battery.
                  It would be good to have one of this huge wire wound adjustable resistors to find the correct resistance for the load
                  Does this make any sense?
                  My full switch is nearly complete. I am waiting for the MJL`s that Bits posted me from the States. It can take a while to SA.
                  In the meantime I will use medium sized mje13007`s. They got a SOA of about 54v at 1A dc. It should be fine I think.
                  Bits . I read the exiting news and from what I read it must be good. Unfortunately I can only watch the you tube video tonight at home. They blocked it here at work.
                  Are your timing pulses still the same as the previous time?
                  Did you only adjust the load to get it to charge?

Comment

• Way to go Bits

You da man

regards,

Murlin

Comment

• Nice work Bit's

Looks like it's working great

Cheers,

Steve
                      You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

• So Bits

@Bit's,

My little system has been working like that for a long time, but no charging, although, it takes a long while for it to discharge the batteries as I'd expect.

So, the why? Why did you use PNPs, and why do you think you need them? Looked like a 1Hz timing to me, but it is hard to tell. You also utilized some different signals from the controller for the optos driving the PNPs, which I assume are not firing identically with the serial transistors. Again, why and what kind of timing are you utilizing here?

I hooked a cap up on just one side, to see what the voltage was across the negative diodes side to the negative of the 24V batteries and it is about 4.3 volts? Seems kind of low. I only have one transistor, but an extra diode, design is exactly the way JB drew his 2 transistor only setup. Of course, 4.3/1.5 ohms =~ 2.86 amps, which is on target for 3 amps through the system.

Hope you get some charging out of it too, time will tell on that though and I wish you the best of luck.

Regards,

Leroy

Comment

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
                          @Bit's,

My little system has been working like that for a long time, but no charging, although, it takes a long while for it to discharge the batteries as I'd expect.

So, the why? Why did you use PNPs, and why do you think you need them? Looked like a 1Hz timing to me, but it is hard to tell. You also utilized some different signals from the controller for the optos driving the PNPs, which I assume are not firing identically with the serial transistors. Again, why and what kind of timing are you utilizing here?

I hooked a cap up on just one side, to see what the voltage was across the negative diodes side to the negative of the 24V batteries and it is about 4.3 volts? Seems kind of low. I only have one transistor, but an extra diode, design is exactly the way JB drew his 2 transistor only setup. Of course, 4.3/1.5 ohms =~ 2.86 amps, which is on target for 3 amps through the system.

Hope you get some charging out of it too, time will tell on that though and I wish you the best of luck.

Regards,

Leroy
                          Remember me saying (in ref too the Mueller report) that the timing of the tranny's looked like they were firing in somewhat of a "Wave" fashion? The reason for the choice of PNP on the top legs is to introduce a slight delay. The PNP is already closed and we must bias it to open it. So while the coding is such to command Q1 to "Close" and Q9 to "Open" (again with a slight delay) this kind of gives the "snap" were looking for. You may want to table the math for now, (as I had to) it will get you in the ballpark, but things are not too normal with what is happening with this.

Hope this helps.

Bit's

Comment

• Originally posted by Helijason View Post
                            The pause command is in milliseconds. pause 200 is a pause for 0.2 seconds. high/low turns 1 or more pins on or off. high 4, 7 is turns pins 4 and 7 on.

Visually this becomes the attached bit map.
                            Hi Bits
                            Will it be possible to give us a timing diagram as above for your current setup as it sounds like it has change a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                              Hi Bits
                              Will it be possible to give us a timing diagram as above for your current setup as it sounds like it has change a bit
                              Here is the code for that section;

SwitchGroup3:
                              do
                              high 4, 7
                              pause 800
                              low 4, 7
                              pause 200
                              high 6, 5
                              pause 800
                              low 6, 5
                              pause 200
                              inc b1
                              loop while b1 < 10
                              goto Main

(pin legend)
                              4=Q1
                              7=Q9
                              6=Q2
                              5=Q10

Jason put the chart together last time.

Bit's

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
                                Here is the code for that section;

SwitchGroup3:
                                do
                                high 4, 7
                                pause 800
                                low 4, 7
                                pause 200
                                high 6, 5
                                pause 800
                                low 6, 5
                                pause 200
                                inc b1
                                loop while b1 < 10
                                goto Main

(pin legend)
                                4=Q1
                                7=Q9
                                6=Q2
                                5=Q10

Jason put the chart together last time.

Bit's
                                Now I`m confused
                                Why would Q1 & Q9 fire together instead of Q1 & Q10? or did you swop Q9 and Q10 on a newer schematic
                                I can see the delay ( dead time) is between swithing of the banks .
                                What does this command do? loop while b1 < 10
                                Last edited by nvisser; 01-13-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X