Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
    OMG Bit's, not so fast This looks to me like part of a Scalar Charger driven off the TS. Brilliant

@citfta I have pretty "chopped" day and had to turn everything off when going out, several times. I'm still trying different loads and changing code every time. I don't want to drive everyone in circles but give a solid data with specific values and type of load which can be replicated. I went back to 5W 12V automotive bulbs - which are common but have to adjust code from previous ones (small grain bulbs in series of three). I'll share results as soon as I can.

I like tilting fish tank analogy. Very accurate

Vtech
    Thanks Vtech, Can't stop now on a roll, Check this out;;

Introducing "The Pulsinator"
    YouTube - Pulsinator Debut.MPG

Bit's

Comment

• "oops gotta go...see ya" lol, Johns on the phone Bits

Looks great. I was a little confused at the end what the last meter was measuring?

How do the four batteries go now Bits? The ones driving the switch? Net charge?

Great work BTW

Regards
      "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

• Originally posted by ren View Post
        "oops gotta go...see ya" lol, Johns on the phone Bits

Looks great. I was a little confused at the end what the last meter was measuring?

How do the four batteries go now Bits? The ones driving the switch? Net charge?

Great work BTW

Regards
        Hi Ren, the yellow meter was reading the transformer voltage under a load. If I was to remove the battery being charged the voltage would read about 60V. The battery is "Charging" so it is bringing this voltage down to about 11.2 for now.

Need to take measurements on the overall health of the batts but the cap is doing all of the work.

Thanks

Bit's
        Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 01-29-2010, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• New to the DTS

Bit's great work,
          I have been reading this thread from the beginning and I am collecting components to start a Pic controller. I am a member of JB's monopole2 group a have a fairly good idea whats going on here. Thanks to all who are working and sharing on both groups.
          I have only a couple questions. First I noticed in your schematic (Rev. 2.2.4)
          you had changed the resistors R7 & R8 to the pins #4 of the Opt's (H11d1),
          and then in your last Rev. 2.2.5 there are back to pin #5. Was this an overview in your latest Rev? Second, was there a post of the component values (resistors and diodes) that I may have missed? If not cane you give me the values for these? Thanks for any help.
          Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Rl2003 View Post
            Bit's great work,
            I have been reading this thread from the beginning and I am collecting components to start a Pic controller. I am a member of JB's monopole2 group a have a fairly good idea whats going on here. Thanks to all who are working and sharing on both groups.
            I have only a couple questions. First I noticed in your schematic (Rev. 2.2.4)
            you had changed the resistors R7 & R8 to the pins #4 of the Opt's (H11d1),
            and then in your last Rev. 2.2.5 there are back to pin #5. Was this an overview in your latest Rev? Second, was there a post of the component values (resistors and diodes) that I may have missed? If not cane you give me the values for these? Thanks for any help.
            Mark
            Sorry Mark, I have so many drawings I am losing track. I did experiment with the resistors for the Q9, Q10 Opto's configuration and found they work both ways.

Here is the B/M;

1n5408 1n5408
            1n4001-Q1 1n4001
            1n4001-Q2 1n4001
            1n5408-Q10 1n5408
            C1 0.01uf 103
            Cap-C2 35,000uf 50V
            Cap-C3 35,000uf 50V
            Cap-Q1 1.0uf
            Cap-Q2 1.0uf
            D1 STPS8H100D 497-2737-5-ND
            D3 STPS8H100D 497-2737-5-ND
            D5 STPS8H100D 497-2737-5-ND
            D7 STPS8H100D 497-2737-5-ND
            D2-D6 30CPU04PbE
            D4-D8 30CPU04PbE
            DB9
            J1 Battery Connector DG126
            J2 Battery Connector DG126
            J3 Battery Connector DG126
            J4 Battery Connector DG126
            J5 J5 DG126
            J6 J6 DG126
            LED1 Yellow
            LED2 Yellow
            Q1 MJL21194
            Q2 MJL21194
            Q9 MJL21193
            Q10 MJL21193
            R1 100R 2 Watt
            R2 10k 1/2 Watt
            R3 10k 1/4 Watt
            R4 22k 1/4 Watt
            R5 330R 1/4 Watt
            R6 330R 1/4 Watt
            R7 1K 1/4 Watt
            R8 1K 1/4 Watt
            R10 30K 1/4 Watt
            R11 10K 1/4 Watt
            R12 30K 1/4 Watt
            R13 10K 1/4 Watt
            R14 30K 1/4 Watt
            R15 10K 1/4 Watt
            R16 33K 1/4 Watt
            R17 10K 1/4 Watt
            R18 150R 2 Watt
            SW1 Reset E28
            TP1
            TP2
            TP3
            TP4
            U1 PICAXE-18X
            U-Q1 H11d1
            U-Q2 H11d1
            U-Q9 H11d1
            U-Q10 H11d1
            Z1 1N4733A

Thanks

Bit's

Comment

• Very nice Bit's
              I'm way behind Just ended my home chores and hope to get some work done. I think I have an idea what the pulsinator is
              Great work.

Vtech
              'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Welcome

@ Rl2003

(or rather, a belated hello )

@all - I've been contemplating my resources, given my limited budget atm, and how to continue researching the 3 battery tesla switch and I've come up with this;

Capacitive discharge AND inductive spike 3 battery TS idea - Vox

I believe it can be done with a transistor or scr and zener diode for the trigger voltage, and that a potentiometer at the top left battery positive will be useful for timing.

As an aside, I believe it incorporates elements of the scalar charger, sg and TS.

I'll let you all know how it goes over the weekend
                Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Thanks Bit's,
                  I will order some parts from DigiKey tomorrow.
                  I shouldn't need a programing board, it looks like you are just flashing the code
                  right onto your existing board thru the serial cable. I just need the 18 or larger chip?? I already have downloaded the software and manuals.
                  Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
                    @ Rl2003

(or rather, a belated hello )

@all - I've been contemplating my resources, given my limited budget atm, and how to continue researching the 3 battery tesla switch and I've come up with this;

Capacitive discharge AND inductive spike 3 battery TS idea - Vox

I believe it can be done with a transistor or scr and zener diode for the trigger voltage, and that a potentiometer at the top left battery positive will be useful for timing.

As an aside, I believe it incorporates elements of the scalar charger, sg and TS.

I'll let you all know how it goes over the weekend
                    By all means I didn't follow you, being occupied with TS but your idea looks interesting. I'm still puzzled why your components died. I've been using 555 and didn't fried one (yet). I have 555's in my SS and SG cap pulser, running since mid summer continuously. If there is anything I may be able to help you with, I will.

Vtech
                    'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Originally posted by Rl2003 View Post
                      Thanks Bit's,
                      I will order some parts from DigiKey tomorrow.
                      I shouldn't need a programing board, it looks like you are just flashing the code
                      right onto your existing board thru the serial cable. I just need the 18 or larger chip?? I already have downloaded the software and manuals.
                      Mark
                      Mark, we're running 18X

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
                        By all means I didn't follow you, being occupied with TS but your idea looks interesting. I'm still puzzled why your components died. I've been using 555 and didn't fried one (yet). I have 555's in my SS and SG cap pulser, running since mid summer continuously. If there is anything I may be able to help you with, I will.

Vtech
                        Cheers vtech, I have no idea why the square wave pwm's keep dying on me, I can only theorise it's the inductive spike; that appears to be the only variable. Haven gotten a Teeny bit of success though, (even if it's just 0.03v total increase over 2 1hr runs), and with other people's reports, I'm now keenly addicted to this thread.

It's the principle that appears to work, despite the method. Timing timing timing. Best of luck to all
                        Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

Cheers vtech, I have no idea why the square wave pwm's keep dying on me, I can only theorise it's the inductive spike; that appears to be the only variable. Haven gotten a Teeny bit of success though, (even if it's just 0.03v total increase over 2 1hr runs), and with other people's reports, I'm now keenly addicted to this thread.

It's the principle that appears to work, despite the method. Timing timing timing. Best of luck to all
                          Hey Inquorate,

I'm the king of blowing 555's. I don't know why either. I've usually got them isolated with opto's but I think it's because I goo too low on the resistors. Sometimes I even blow the tops off them. And I don't just blow the cheap $1 TTL ones, I blow the expensive $4 CMOS ones - 'cos my local DSE ran out of TTLs.

Anyhoo, I just ordered some of the diodes that Bit's and JB are using as well as some more H11D1's. PICAXE kit still on the way, but I think I'll have enought stuff to come out and play.

John K.

P.S. Nice quote Inq. How's this one, from the calendar - "Some men see things as they are and say, why? I dream things that never were and say, why not?" - GB Shaw.
                          http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• Just FYI. Another new video available from John Bedini.

YouTube - Energenx Tesla Solar Charger III Vid3 Load Test

Comment

• Originally posted by John_K View Post
                              Hey Inquorate,

I'm the king of blowing 555's. I don't know why either. I've usually got them isolated with opto's but I think it's because I goo too low on the resistors. Sometimes I even blow the tops off them. And I don't just blow the cheap $1 TTL ones, I blow the expensive $4 CMOS ones - 'cos my local DSE ran out of TTLs.
                              Guys, I can give you my supplier, very reliable. Shipping to you will be faster from Thailand then to me. I paid $2.50 for 10 pcs. NE555, 494's. MJE3055 are 50c each. He doesn't have MJL's, unfortunately. I don't want to post since it may be against forum reg . PM me if you're interested.

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

Cheers vtech, I have no idea why the square wave pwm's keep dying on me, I can only theorise it's the inductive spike; that appears to be the only variable.
                                I looked @ Vox site and your 555 setup. I would put 300 Ohm from pin 2 of H11 to the ground. Also, run pin 4 to base of (MJE13005-cheap, 700V), pin 5 to collector, emitter to the gate of SCR (700-800V), anode to collector. You can do it with MJE alone. They're tough against spikes and cheap

Vtech

Thanks again downunder!
                                Last edited by blackchisel97; 01-29-2010, 09:00 AM. Reason: edit

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                                X