No announcement yet.

Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @nilrehob : Good point! One should also remember that the T-switch was the only thing that Bedini was threatened to be harmed for! So he might have been forced to make misleading statements to fend off that threat.
    He also stated that it is absolutely impossible to feedback to the source and a couple of folks have already done that and i am sure that he being very smart knows that too. But i dont blame him. So it is worth testing out all possible duty cycles,frequencies and setups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenomorph View Post
      He also stated that it is absolutely impossible to feedback to the source and a couple of folks have already done that and i am sure that he being very smart knows that too.
      Do You know where to find diagrams on how to feedback to the source?
      Hob Nilre
      http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

• I think that Tom Bearden? said that It could be done Only by the charging pulse being a higher or stronger pulse that the drain source. The charging pulse occurs between the pulses to the load (Drain source).

Comment

• I guess that's why the TS is so interesting, as it ping-pongs the spikes between the battery-pairs, thus avoiding interference between drain and puls.

Still, if anyone has a pointer to a diagram that avoids this conflict in a way that Xenomorph mentions has been done, please post it.
          Hob Nilre

Comment

• A working example in this thread: Fusionchip's Bedini Feedback to Source!!!

It is simple neon cap pulsing.
            The drain and charge thing is probably the best explanation why the TS switch works.

Comment

• @nilrehob : Good point! One should also remember that the T-switch was the only thing that Bedini was threatened to be harmed for! So he might have been forced to make misleading statements to fend off that threat.
              He also stated that it is absolutely impossible to feedback to the source and a couple of folks have already done that and i am sure that he being very smart knows that too. But i dont blame him. So it is worth testing out all possible duty cycles,frequencies and setups.
              I wouldn't count on that to drive the truth.
              My personal feeling is the switching rate would be dictated by the load. A light for instants might require a really high rate of switching. Where as a motor may not need this high of a rate. Or it could be opposite. OR in mechanical setting timing might be more essential than anything.

The point is to exchange energy with the enviroment and allow non divergent energy types to flow into the system and gain mass to become usefull energy.

Some of this happens in the load, some in the battery.

I would also have to stress the need for absorbtion of energy in the battery. "At what frequencies does the battery best absorb the voltage thats left over after the load?".

I say left over because the energy obviously changes or gets mixed with other types. It always changes for sure. Other types showing up is dependant on the load.

Looking at the thing as long as I have been, I think spikes can be a a benifit but there are other factors involved. Some loads don't create spikes.
              An Inverter for example would not. What then would be the appropriate action for switching that load?

I think if your looking for charging effect and its limits and you have the capability to setup different frequency with relative ease, the best course of action would be to see what your batteries can handle before they start to hydrolize then put that into a circiut and see what happens.
              See if you can duplicate a really high switching rate then slow it down to get the best performance out of the load.
              Remember without a load running while the batteries are charging, your just talking about a battery charger.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                I wouldn't count on that to drive the truth.
                I absolutely agree, we don't know anything for sure yet.

The only thing I've seen as a common ingredient in most setups (be it a Bedini motor, Newman motor or what have You) is the coil and the spikes. I've finally taken the time to read through the lab-part of the Mike Mueller report. It clearly has a coil (a 110/12 transformer, mentioned at page 9) and they switch at 400Hz (figure T-2, page 8).

I have finally got me a new relay (I fried the old one as one of the batteries has swapped its + and -, tricky to remember when You are tired and/or hungry) so I could continue my tests and compare different setups (but using the same batteries and the same lamp as a load).

Both tests lasted for >40h, the batteries are sealed led-acid 12V 1.3 Ah, lamp is 12V (unknown Watt, haven't tested it (broken amp-meter), as I'm comparing different setups i figure its irrelevant (but ohm-meter says 14 Ohm))

Test 1: the batteries in parallel. The average voltage dropping rate over the batteries was 0.023 V/h

Test 2: TS at 24Hz (+/-1Hz) using the relay. Waveform over lamp was about 75% on (+12V or -12V) and 25% off (0V) (+/- ~5%). No coil, diodes, capacitors or anything but the batteries, the relay and the lamp. The average voltage drop over the batteries (average voltage) was 0.0158 V/h. I could detect very small spikes, a few volts only, I guess they where from the inductance in the wires, just a guess though.

I'm charging the batteries for my 3rd test now which will include a coil of some sort.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by nilrehob; 02-09-2009, 07:45 AM.
                Hob Nilre

Comment

A working example in this thread: Fusionchip's Bedini Feedback to Source!!!
                  I guess You mean Happy's variant at page 5? (Edit: and Goat's variant on first page too)
                  Bedini is also doing it via a cap, You can see it in the video.

I was hoping for a more direct way, but as Beshires1 points out it's seems to be difficult.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by nilrehob; 02-09-2009, 08:20 AM.
                  Hob Nilre

Comment

• @nilrehob, thanks for the answer. I guess doing a couple of basic experiment is important to understand tesla switch better.

Comment

• Does anyone understand fig T-3 on page 8 in the Mueller report?
                      I guess there is a coil between base and emitter on the transistor?
                      But is the coil isolated from the transformer?
                      Attached Files
                      Hob Nilre

Comment

• @nilrehob : Please excuse me if you already know that, just wanting to help.
                        In case you are talking about a digital amp-meter , it can be fixed by simply replacing the fuse. I fried a couple of them while dealing with HV circuits, they somehow dont seem to like it. If it is analogue, then i have no clue. Glad to see you are on to making new experiments.

Relating to fig T-3 on page 8 in the Mueller report:
                        I dont think the coil is isolated, the point is to switch the transistor using the induction that way he can exactly
                        time when to connect the battery-poles. So it is a third pickup-coil probably just a few windings to reach the switching base voltage. Since it was mentioned in the report that a transformer was used, there is off-the-shelf-transformers
                        that have 2 secondary coils inside, so it could also be that.

I think the very small spikes, a few volts only in your test originate in the relay`s coil which is comparatively small in size.
                        Last edited by Xenomorph; 02-10-2009, 02:57 AM.

Comment

@nilrehob : Please excuse me if you already know that, just wanting to help.
                          In case you are talking about a digital amp-meter , it can be fixed by simply replacing the fuse. I fried a couple of them while dealing with HV circuits, they somehow dont seem to like it. If it is analogue, then i have no clue. Glad to see you are on to making new experiments.
                          Yes, thanks, I just haven't bothered to look yet

Originally posted by Xenomorph View Post
                          Relating to fig T-3 on page 8 in the Mueller report:
                          I dont think the coil is isolated, the point is to switch the transistor using the induction that way he can exactly time when to connect the battery-poles. So it is a third pickup-coil probably just a few windings to reach the switching base voltage. Since it was mentioned in the report that a transformer was used, there is off-the-shelf-transformers that have 2 secondary coils inside, so it could also be that.
                          You are probably right. I was hoping it made the transistor oscillate by itself.

I know there are lots of different ways to build an oscillator, but does anyone know a simple way where the exact frequency and stability is not a big issue. Preferably just the transistor and a small coil plus maybe a resistor. I have googled but without luck as there are always at least 2 capacitors plus a load of resistors. I'm thinking maybe a resistor and a coil in series between base and collector? I have tried to simulate it with qucs, the program I use, but I don't really know what I'm doing

If there is such a way to make a transistor to oscillate I could maybe make a 6-filar coil to sync the transistors.

Originally posted by Xenomorph View Post
                          I think the very small spikes, a few volts only in your test originate in the relay`s coil which is comparatively small in size.
                          I didn't mention it, but the relay and timer is not run by any of the batteries, I'm cheating in this way, just to make it simple in these first tests, the only load is the lamp, so I'm not sure the relay's coil is interfering that much?
                          Hob Nilre

Comment

• I have just finished test 3 which was just like test 2 but I added the coil (but no diodes whatsoever). The coil is 24.3 Ohm and (I think) 166 mH (but I may be wrong). The lamp is just about 1 W (81.2 mA at 11.93 V).

So:

T1 blue; all 4 batteries in parallel and the lamp
                            T2 red; switching at 24Hz (~75% on) and the lamp but no coil or anything
                            T3 green; as T2 but with coil

I don't know why T3 is so much above the other two right from the start so I'll do T1 once again as soon as the batteries is up again.

T4 will be like T3 but with diodes.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by nilrehob; 02-12-2009, 10:30 AM.
                            Hob Nilre

Comment

• simple yet clean solid state T.switch

I wonder if some of you can take a look at my new extremely simple solid state T.switch circuit below and give me some feed back? my simulation results are really good, the switching action was so clean as you can see from the current plot on the load.

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...la-switch.html

Comment

• Looks very interesting!
                                But as usual I have a hard time understanding transistors...
                                I've started reading theory on it to improve my knowledge in the solid state domain though
                                Hob Nilre

Comment

Working...
                                X