Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JANGYD View Post
    Hi Murlin,

I read your post your succeeded on this simplified circuit.
    I can't get pictures about this circuit JB said its simple
    I am trying it with 1157(27W+8W on 12V) and 40A/100V diode.
    JB's tips on this circuit are 3A light bulb and 25A diode or better.
    I guess these high rating parts is not for current flowing, but for impedance
    and something else.

How about charging rate with your simplified circuit?

JANG.

When I did manage to tune it in and get he potential flowing, I was seeing some charging. Like perhaps 1/2 to 3/4 volt in an hour.

But results were intermittent and I wrote all the tests off as flawed.
    So I guess that was one way NOT to make a high sped commutator....999 to go

The new switch I am working on will not need to work as hard and be much more flexable.....I will attempt to use the same scaled down concept to fire coils in an attraction motor I am contemplating. It is a cross between the SG and the ORBO...but it's only purpose would be to produce genetic energy....not create power....

Attempting over unity is a costly venture....
    I have a much simpler goal....

What I see is an EXTREMELY efficient means of creating usable energy for daily use ...And if OU happens to grace my doorstep by way of some aether portal....well I won't turn him and his electrons away

regards,

Murlin

Comment

• @ John K,

You can also use the BCDTOASCII command;

BCDTOASCII wordvariable, thousands, hundreds, tens, units
      - Variable contains the value (0-99) or wordvariable (0-9999)

Function:
      Convert a BCD value into separate ASCII bytes.
      I
      nformation:
      This is a ‘pseudo’ command designed to simplify the conversion of byte or word
      BCD values into ASCII. Note that the maximum valid value for a BCD value is 99(byte) or 9999 (word).

Example:

main:

inc b1
      bcdtoascii b1 (b1 is now converted to word #)
      let b1 = b1 + b1 (adds the #'s)

Bit's

Comment

• Circuit without diodes

@John K, (and another who I think posted it first...can't remember the name)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...I don't like the circuit without diodes. We want the batteries to be the loads really, I mean there are loads too, but in the circuit without diodes, there is no load for those positive and negative hookups, only for the serial transistor, if you can understand what I'm saying. I didn't say it wouldn't charge batteries, but what is supposed to be the load and where are the loads in this circuit?

Maybe it doesn't matter, but maybe you can tell me why JB would not have posted this simpler circuit in the first place...?

Just something to think about.

Leroy
        Last edited by ldissing; 02-19-2010, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Hi John_K,

From picaxe_manual2.pdf page 10:

However for larger numbers two byte variables can be combined to create a word variable, which is capable of storing integer numbers between 0 and 65535.
          These word variables are labelled w0, w1, w2 etc... and are constructed as follows:
          w0 = b1 : b0
          w1 = b3 : b2
          w2 = b5 : b4

So instead b1 just use w1

Regards,
          Stefan

Comment

• Thanks guys for all the tips on the PICAXE

@Bit's the loop in a loop suggestion was what I was thinking about as well. I might try this out.

@Lero, I understand what you mean. The PIC takes a little time to process the commands. The PICAXE-40X2 normally runs at 16Mhz, but I slowed it down with the "setfreq m8" to 8Mhz so "pause 500" equals 500mS. I should run it at 16Mhz and just double the pause number to 1000 to get the same delay. This should mean that the on and off times are closer to each other. Of course, I could still use the "pulsout" command instead, but this command will only allow you to work with one output at a time. Damned if I do, damned if I don't...

@Stefan, I like the use of the word as a variable to get loops higher than 255. I'll probably try that first. I had used it on some old code I was using, but never thought to use it the way you described.

@Lero again, the load in my circuit is at the bottom between the two negatives (B3 & B4). Not sure if you missed this. Maybe I don't get what you are saying??

Update: My setup ran all night and all batteries increased by a about 20 -30 milli-volts. Nothing Earth shattering, but it does "work". The code was as per the previous post and the load was ~3 ohms, made up of a string of various 5W resistors. I firmly believe the correct load is the key, down to the milli-ohm.

We've all seen that if the load too small, the series batteries don't see it but you get piddly charging. And, if the load is too big the series batteries discharge, but charging is great. JB did say early on that the TS is an impedance matching device. Bear in mind that when two batteries are in series and two are in parallel, the impedance if the parallel batteries is one quarter of the series batteries. When the impedance of the series batteries and the parallel batteries are the same, the only difference is the difference in potential between the two banks. This is where the load must balance the potentials to get what we what. Or, I'm a moron and that's all a bunch of hooey!

'Til next time...

John K.
            http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• [QUOTE]
              @Bit's the loop in a loop suggestion was what I was thinking about as well. I might try this out.
              [\QUOTE]

Thought that was my idea? Maybe Bits did too.

@Lero again, the load in my circuit is at the bottom between the two negatives (B3 & B4). Not sure if you missed this. Maybe I don't get what you are saying??
              I do not think you understand what I'm TRYING to say. In your circuit, what is the load on the transistor from the high positive to the low positive? What is the load on the transistor from the high negative to the low negative? What was the load on the transistors (high and low trannies, not the serial tranny) in the original circuit?

[QUOTE]
              Update: My setup ran all night and all batteries increased by a about 20 -30 milli-volts. Nothing Earth shattering, but it does "work". The code was as per the previous post and the load was ~3 ohms, made up of a string of various 5W resistors. I firmly believe the correct load is the key, down to the milli-ohm.
              [\QUOTE]

Better than nothing! So why is your resistance so big, it should be about .0023 Ohms / 2, right?

Just busting your chops John K., great job!

Lero
              Last edited by ldissing; 02-20-2010, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• Update: My setup ran all night and all batteries increased by a about 20 -30 milli-volts. Nothing Earth shattering, but it does "work". The code was as per the previous post and the load was ~3 ohms, made up of a string of various 5W resistors. I firmly believe the correct load is the key, down to the milli-ohm.

Lero
                But did you "Drink the wine"?

Bit's

Comment

• I do not think you understand what I'm TRYING to say. In your circuit, what is the load on the transistor from the high positive to the low positive? What is the load on the transistor from the high negative to the low negative? What was the load on the transistors (high and low trannies, not the serial tranny) in the original circuit?

[\QUOTE]

Better than nothing! So why is your resistance so big, it should be about .0023 Ohms / 2, right?

Just busting your chops John K., great job!

Lero
                  Lero, the questions need to be asked.

As for load, I thought the idea was to NOT have a load between the top and bottom positives and negatives. To me, load = voltage drop, which means less potential for charging. But I see your point, I've been racking my brain to try and figure out how to impedance match the batteries.

Honestly, I have NO IDEA why the load is what it is. But, much higher or lower and I lose. The ideas will come as long as I believe I can do it. If anyone believes that "it can't be done", they shouldn't be here.

John K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
                    But did you "Drink the wine"?

Bit's
                    No Bit's, just a couple of beers. I'm saving the wine for a better time.

John K.

Comment

• Hi Lero,

I am the guy that posted one of the circuits that has no diodes, so maybe I can answer your question. In the circuit without diodes the parallel transistors will each be carrying half the current of the serial transistor. They have to carry that current or there is no charging of the parallel batteries. As John K. said the idea was to have a circuit that has as few voltage drops as possible. I believe this circuit is as close as you can come to a mechanical TS and still be solid state.

(QUOTE) I do not think you understand what I'm TRYING to say. In your circuit, what is the load on the transistor from the high positive to the low positive? What is the load on the transistor from the high negative to the low negative? What was the load on the transistors (high and low trannies, not the serial tranny) in the original circuit? (QUOTE)

So how is your own testing coming? Are you ready to drink the wine yet? It sounds like John K. is getting close. I have been side tracked with other issues lately but am planning to try John K's program later today. (I hope)

I hope this answers your questions, Carroll
                      Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• battery charging test 24V --> 12V

Dear All,

My name is Stefan and i am from Germany. Until now i enjoyed just following the TS thread.
                        Thank you for your posts. Go for it and make your dream come true. The time will come, that every household will have it's own power source and people's focus is on giving and sharing.

I am still in the preparation phase for the TS. Do just some battery charging test 24V --> 12V without switching any batteries. I use a signal generator for triggering the Transitor.

Here i would like to share my current test results.
                        My setup schematic and some DSO screenshots you can find in the attached pdf file.

Is this the h-wave form, what i see, which i should chase ?
                        FIG001_.BMP

My pulses are currently about 1,1 kHz, this way the current is not so high and the Transistor is not getting hot. With 420mA it shows about 29°C / 84,2°F (with Voltcraft InfraRed Thermometer).
                        At 537 Hz, i had 1 A and 52,5°C / 126,5°F.

My charging up12V battery, always dropped in the past days, down over nigth, when i let it rest, to 10.9V floating,. Also i always tweaked the running setup a bit, can't take my hands off for long.
                        Last night i switched it off at 23:55, while running at 12,19 V and approx. 400mA.
                        This time i disconnected every connection from + and – of the battery and this morning at 08:40 i had still 11,54V floating. Now i am continuing to test with this setup.
                        Currently at 13:15 i have 12,13V at approx 410mA.

One interresting point is the L2 coil. I tried different things and then i prepared my posting (did the schematic and DSO screen shots). When checking it, i found, that i still had more cables connected than on my schematic. So i removed what i did not had listed, but then the DSO measured peak and high voltage went down, compared to what i had documented so far. So i reconnected what i previously disconnected and found that L2 made the main difference (see pdf attachment for schematic).

Without L2: DSO measured peak ≈ 73,6V, high ≈ 55,2V, low ≈ -12,8V
                        With L2 and 1N4007: DSO measured peak ≈ 78,4V, high ≈ 60,8V, low ≈ -13,6V
                        With L2 and 1N5408: DSO measured peak ≈ 88,8V, high ≈ 70,4V, low ≈ -14,4V

--> strange the difference betwen 1N4007 and 1N5408 !
                        Has someone an explanation for that, or experienced something similar ?

best regards,
                        Stefan
                        Attached Files

Comment

• @ stefan - are you working on the three battery tesla switch bedini hybrid? It sounds like you are, I can't view pdf's on my phone but will look tomorrow at work.

The 1n4148 is a fast diode, a quick shutting valve. The 1n4007 is slow to stop the current flowing in the wrong direction. I had known the 1n4148 would perform better but had not done any checks, so thankyou for doing that.

I also hadn't checked the current coming from the 24v bank, except with a bulb for a visual reference. Just make sure you haven't boiled the charge battery.. It needs to be at least charge 50% / not charge 50%,

So long as the pulse width builds a magnetic field in the inductor, but does not carry on past max magnetic field of the inductor, and the 'off time' of the pulse width allows for the charge battery to rest, it will work.

I found that my 1.5aH LABs showed best results when the system was running for half an hour, then swap battery positions during 5 minute rest period.

I believe the timing of swapping the batteries around will also determine how much the batteries charge and will start work on that in a couple of weeks.
                          Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Hi Stefan2,
                            welcome!

The two diode types are rated at 1A and 3A. Along with this rating they are of different speed and different capacitance. These properties might affect your schematic. Please study the data sheets.

Where are you from in Germany. I live near to Colgone. Perhaps we can meet if you live not too far away.

JohnStone
                            Last edited by JohnStone; 02-21-2010, 05:38 PM.
                            Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• @ stefan - incase you haven't checked it out, I posted the waveforms here near the end of page 2 I think, on the 'updated schematic' link

Generators - Heretical Builders

you do not appear to have the negative spike at the end of the 'h', perhaps check the recovery diode?

I hope that helps, I'll take a look at your schematic as soon as I can.

Edit - oops you wrote 1n5148, you'd need several 1n4148s in parallel to handle those amps.

Best ignore me, I can't sleep, it's nearly 5am here.
                              Last edited by Inquorate; 02-21-2010, 05:40 PM.
                              Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• @ JohnStone,

If you get near Erlangen/Nuremberg we can meet.

It looks like the 1N4007 / 1A is limiting the current then.
                                But L2 has no initial current flow, just what is induced and only half of that, because of the diode. Are there such big pulses ?

Datasheet of
                                1N4007 says: IFSM -Non-repetitive Peak Forward Surge Current 8.3 ms Single Half-Sine-Wave: 30 A
                                1N5408 says: Peak forward surge current 8.3 ms single half sine-wave
                                superimposed on rated load: 200 A
                                - Is it realy the current or the "Non-repetitive" which is causing it ?

@Inquorate, i am not sure if it is the "three battery tesla switch bedini hybrid", best have a look tomorrow at the pdf and let me know.

best regards,
                                Stefan

Comment

Working...
                                X