Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nvisser View Post
    Do you mean to say that there should be a diode on the base for the circuit to function correctly?
    No, it just helps for exploring options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
      The link didn't work..

Matt
      I apologize, I didn't realize it's this hard to share a 3MB file

torrent

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamus View Post
        Please, can you put somewhere where you don't have to sign up with Google or anyone else to get the file? I just tried creating an account with Google to see the file but they want a phone number with text messaging capabilities before they'll give you one. Sorry, but that's a little too personal for my taste. :P
        the file

and Scribd

Do please provide some feedback, and don't go too hard on me for proofreading
        Last edited by StevanC; 04-14-2010, 01:54 PM. Reason: Mathew ;)

Comment

• Ya it can be a task. I am not going to install a bit torrent either.

I'll PM you if you with my email, If you want I can post it for ya on my website, which is easy access and will not go down in the forseable future.

Look for the PM

Matt

Comment

• Thank you Stevan
            I managed to download the pdf with Download Accelerator
            I will go through it tonight

Comment

• Yes, thanks Stevan. Much better.

Comment

• Thanks Stevan

Thanks Stevan,

I was able to download it ok from your link that says "the file". An excellent design project and a great written description for how to build and test.

Thanks again, Carroll
                Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• Hi,
                  thank You all for thanking, it's JB's credit mostly, not mine, I merely "indigo" it

Please provide some feedback regarding the build, if any ?
                  and/or few photos?

Best regards,
                  Stevan C.

Comment

• Thank you

Thank you very much Stefan for returning to this thread with all that info, making it public, the wonderfull pdf opened my eyes
                    I knew you had it when I saw your video's some weeks ago
                    When I can afford to buy the cap's I wil try to replicate and experiment

@nvisser: I like your version of the circuit, did you build it already?

scratchrobot

Comment

• Originally posted by StevanC View Post
                      ...Do please provide some feedback...
                      Stevan,

Interesting circuit and nicely documented; it reminded me of one from past experiments (see attached file from my notes).

Thank you,

Schpankme

"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." -- Richard P. Feynman
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Schpankme; 04-16-2010, 08:51 PM. Reason: updated circuit

Comment

• Stevan
                        Very nice informative document. Specially the specs on the MJL and the information about the dicharge pulse. A very quick pulse at 30Ma!!! because of the sharp leading edge. How true is that and how do you get to that information or is it to mathamatical? Must be the same thing they get with spark gaps. Is this actually drawing energy from outside?
                        Also the first time ever I heard about the Sziklai configuration. Is that of Russian origins? Never seen it in any of my textbooks. Or did you name it?
                        Only 2V FVD!!
                        I am still busy doing the pcb layout. I dont like building such a big circuit by soldering component legs together.

Comment

• Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                          Stevan
                          Very nice informative document. Specially the specs on the MJL and the information about the dicharge pulse. A very quick pulse at 30Ma!!! because of the sharp leading edge. How true is that and how do you get to that information or is it to mathamatical? Must be the same thing they get with spark gaps. Is this actually drawing energy from outside?
                          Also the first time ever I heard about the Sziklai configuration. Is that of Russian origins? Never seen it in any of my textbooks. Or did you name it?
                          Only 2V FVD!!
                          I am still busy doing the pcb layout. I dont like building such a big circuit by soldering component legs together.
                          The man
                          The configuration in detail

The 30A capture will be (hopefully) in attached picture:
                          And the 4A DC calibration procedure also?

I just put the pieces together
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Schpankme View Post
                            Stevan,

Interesting circuit and nicely documented; it reminded me of one from past experiments (see attached file from my notes).

Thank you,

Schpankme

"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." -- Richard P. Feynman
                            Schpankme,
                            could You please revide Your circuit to comform closer to the "usual" standards:
                            where a wire crosses forming a "node" it is to be marked with a circle, where they are crossing without contact, there is none?
                            Or will You wait until I make an try for You?

Comment

• Originally posted by StevanC View Post
                              Schpankme,
                              could You please revide Your circuit to comform closer to the "usual" standards:
                              Stevan,

The circuit has been updated as requested. Note this circuit came from my 2001 notes and was quickly recreated (lazily) in MS Paint.

Schpankme

“You can't teach people to be lazy - either they have it, or they don't.” -- Dagwood Bumstead
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Schpankme; 04-16-2010, 08:52 PM. Reason: updated circuit

Comment

• This is my research amplificator.JPG

When you close the switch the spike is developed, that is why some people uses resistors to charge the cap, but the resistor transfer the energy into heat, now with a coil you can transduce it into real power.

High inductance, very low impedance coil.
                                Last edited by darkwizard; 04-15-2010, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X