Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use for the Tesla Switch, &, inverter, &, 2 cap pulser, & 10-Coiler &--

& Battswapper

Ok gang, here you go. With so many threads, This truely is the thread that started it all. Take a look;

YouTube - SelfRunning 10coiler.MPG

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

• Great work Bit's!

Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
      & Battswapper

Ok gang, here you go. With so many threads, This truely is the thread that started it all. Take a look;

YouTube - SelfRunning 10coiler.MPG

Thanks

Jeff
      Hi Bit's,

Great work! My you have been a busy boy...

So how does the 10 coiler fit into the picture? I'm not real clear on exactly what is doing what. Perhaps a chicken scratch of a block diagram that shows which each part of the system does would help?

Again, great work. I'd love to replicate this.

John K.
      http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by John_K View Post
        Hi Bit's,

Great work! My you have been a busy boy...

So how does the 10 coiler fit into the picture? I'm not real clear on exactly what is doing what. Perhaps a chicken scratch of a block diagram that shows which each part of the system does would help?

Again, great work. I'd love to replicate this.

John K.
        Hi John, here you go;

Thanks

Jeff
        Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 10-17-2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Wow you were making progress. Thats pretty great bits.

Matt

Comment

• Great job Bits!!

That is a fantastic build! you must have been working on this project day and night to get that far. You are a great inspiration to the rest of us. Congratulations!!

Carroll
            Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
              Hi John, here you go;

Thanks

Jeff
              Thanks Bit's,

Now I get it, well most of it.

I started messin' around with a few things. First of all I kind of got Vissie's 2 cap pulser circuit working, although to test out the switching I am using a relay just like Vissie did.
              I was using a bifilar SS SG to charge up a 330uF 450V cap to about 80V and then charging 2 x 6,800uF 50V caps in series and dumping them into a battery in parallel. The SS SG was using about 500mA @ 25V, but I was dumping about 1.5A @ 30V into the battery. I was pulsing twice per second. All was going well until the relay contacts started sticking. Lucky for the NE-2 protecting the SS SG tranny! The battery was charging pretty well though. I'll convert the relay into solid state before too much.

Next will be to use my 24 tranny rotored SSG in place of the SS SG and then build the inverter. (Need to order some more MJLs first) I like how you have the 36V on the secondary side of your 10 coiler so I'll try that as well.

A couple of things I don't get. First, what is the purpose of C1 in your diagram? I see it in the video too but can't think what it is used for. Second, do you have a schematic and the code for the battery swapper?

I'd like to be able to run the whole setup off just one PICAXE but that may be a bit too optimistic for my programming skills. I have a PICAXE-40X which gives me enough in and out pins, so it's doable but also a challenge. Otherwise I'll use what you are are, which looks like 3 separate PICAXE-18X - 1 for the swapper, 1 for the inverter and 1 for the TS cap pulser.

Thanks again Bit's, I think you're on a winner here. Wish I could afford a 10 coiler as well Gotta sell more of Rick's and John's chargers first

John K.

Comment

• Very cool! If you make another vid please show the 10-coiler spinning away. I didn't notice any of the 10-coiler except its base shown in the video. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by everwiser View Post
                  Very cool! If you make another vid please show the 10-coiler spinning away. I didn't notice any of the 10-coiler except its base shown in the video. Thanks!
                  Yes sorry about the vid, it was late and I was excited. I'll make another here shortly.

Jeff

Comment

• Nice one Bit's
                    Amazing stuff!!
                    Looks like you are going to overcharge those batteries!

Comment

• finally something come to cheer .thanks bit's

Comment

• Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                        Nice one Bit's
                        Amazing stuff!!
                        Looks like you are going to overcharge those batteries!
                        Thanks Vissie, no I got plans for the batts and in my next vid, I'll be showing them driving my 200W grid tie inverter feeding the house.

Jeff

Comment

• awsome!

do you think it can power your house board and still self sustain?

do you allready made calculations of the "extra energy" that the system can put out while self running?

you rock! congratulations...
                          Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

• Originally posted by John_K View Post
                            Thanks Bit's,
                            I started messin' around with a few things. First of all I kind of got Vissie's 2 cap pulser circuit working, although to test out the switching I am using a relay just like Vissie did.
                            I was using a bifilar SS SG to charge up a 330uF 450V cap to about 80V and then charging 2 x 6,800uF 50V caps in series and dumping them into a battery in parallel. The SS SG was using about 500mA @ 25V, but I was dumping about 1.5A @ 30V into the battery. I was pulsing twice per second. All was going well until the relay contacts started sticking. Lucky for the NE-2 protecting the SS SG tranny! The battery was charging pretty well though. I'll convert the relay into solid state before too much.

John K.
                            Hi John
                            That relay circuit is pretty amazing. It is a pity the contacts can't handle it. I though about using a commutator with brushes. One that only goes back and forth with a solenoid and spring or something similar.
                            I found that by leaving out that first cap and charging the series caps straight with the ss ssg you get better performance. Here is a document that explains why you loose half the energy when you charge one cap with another. Than of coarse you have to switch the power off to the ss ssg while you are in the discharge cycle or you have to do it like in my simplified circuit . That way the ssg stay loaded all the time and you wont blow transistors
                            Last edited by nvisser; 08-27-2010, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
                              Thanks Vissie, no I got plans for the batts and in my next vid, I'll be showing them driving my 200W grid tie inverter feeding the house.

Jeff
                              Is there any chance of posting the full schematic of all circuits involved? I would certainly like to take a look at the whole circuit as it would be very useful. I know that parts of this circuit are discussed in other threads...
                              I would like to congratulate you on the amazing work you have done.
                              Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                                Hi John
                                That relay circuit is pretty amazing. It is a pity the contacts can't handle it. I though about using a commutator with brushes. One that only goes back and forth with a solenoid and spring or something similar.
                                I found that by leaving out that first cap and charging the series caps straight with the ss ssg you get better performance. Here is a document that explains why you loose half the energy when you charge one cap with another. Than of coarse you have to switch the power off to the ss ssg while you are in the discharge cycle or you have to do it like in my simplified circuit . That way the ssg stay loaded all the time and you wont blow transistors
                                Thanks Vissie,

I'm working on using JB's inverted cap pulser to discharge the caps. This way I won't need to have the first cap and will also gain some more efficiency. It will also make sure that the SSG is always loaded.

John K.

Comment

Working...
                                X