Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
    If a circuit develops "frost", I'd call that peculiar. Most circuits develop heat, not cold, so Dave's circuit is peculiar. Bedini said that the SG3524 would not run in cold temperatures...indicating cold, not heat from the circuit. He was going to run in underwater (from my understanding) to mitigate the "cold". These things are peculiar.

Do you have a circuit that is frosting up, or getting cold? Please post that one, but I doubt that I will see it from you.

Lots of information, but no substance. That is what I see, but others can be the judge of that. You can "help" us, or you can proffer suggestions that will go into the ether. We do not know you or your accomplishments. You have offered no "help" as far as I can understand. I am asking for expertise that I do not have, so a circuit and answers as to why it works is the only way to "help". Otherwise, it is more crap that does nothing for me personally. That is a problem of mine, others can judge for themselves.

Others may think you brilliiant, and you may be. Step up and help us if you can.

Leroy
    What would be the significance of a 'circuit' that
    develops 'frost?'

Why would the SG3524 not run in 'cold' temperatures?

I could easily make a circuit that would 'frost up' and
    so could you. But, what would be the point of it?

I am not certain what 'help' means to you and what
    would satisfy your desire for it. What are you
    wanting to be provided specifically?

Comment

• Originally posted by citfta View Post
      @ Seamonkey,

However it is also obvious you have not tried actually building a SSG or the Tesla Switch.

I have over 50 years experience working with electronics and I can tell you right now this technology of trying to capture radiant energy and using it has nothing to do with conventional circuits.

If you really want to help then YOU need to do the hard work and then come back and tell us what works and what doesn't.

If you really understood the SSG you would know that as soon as the transistor turns on a reverse bias is then applied to the trigger winding which forces the transistor back off. Maybe you should look a little more closely to the h wave and you can see just how quickly the transistor is forced back off.

On another note I am trying to understand why you think we need a really quick turn off of the transistor. I asked you once before and you didn't answer. From my studies of Tesla and John Bedini agrees the radiant event actually occurs with a very rapid turn on of power to an inductor. Yes we want a rapid turn off to help collect the collapsing field energy from the inductor but that energy is only equal to the energy to create the field. But according to Tesla when we have a very rapid voltage rise applied to an inductor we can create a radiant event which allows outside energy to enter the inductor.

With all due respect for your knowledge and experience may I suggest there may be some things going on with this technology that you don't understand yet. Please just build a SSG with a transistor like the MJL21194 and then after you have it working correctly try your Mosfets and see the difference.

Respectfully, Carroll
      Yes, the SSG and the 'Tesla Switch' and beyond.
      Those are not particularly difficult projects to
      put together or to improve upon.

I'm afraid your notion that 'radiant energy' has
      nothing to do with conventional circuits is in error.

What works (and what doesn't) is a matter of
      finesse. Semiconductor devices and electrical
      components can sometimes be likened to a
      race car. Anyone can hop in and get behind the
      wheel, but the racer who understands the machine
      and knows how to 'finesse' it will set the records.

Yes, the switching transistor in the SSG is elementary
      transformer driven regenerative switching. Yes,
      the drive to the transistor base does reverse polarity
      at 'turn-off' and provide a charge storage depletion
      of the base region to expedite turn-off. However,
      the circuit is not optimized for high speed switching
      as it is; it presents a rather severe impedance
      mismatch to the base drive requirements; and the
      limitations of the bipolar transistor limit turn-off
      speeds to a time frame of hundreds of nanoSeconds
      best case, microseconds worst case. It is because
      of this 'sluggish' response that the MosFet has
      been created - to overcome the limitations of the
      bipolar transistor.

The basic SSG is at best, a simple demonstrator of
      what the principles of operation are. With some
      'finesse' it can be transformed into a 'HOT' machine.

Regarding the Inductor - its nature is to oppose
      CHANGES in current flow. You may attempt to
      initiate a rapid rise in inductor current, however it
      will OPPOSE rapid change (Lenz) and force the
      current to increase gradually.

The cessation of current flow, on the other hand,
      can be very abrupt. It is the rapidly collapsing
      magnetic field which releases the intense burst
      of energy known as the flyback. This is the
      'radiant event.'

I'm not certain that there is any way to offer
      'help' to this crowd. You are all stuck in your
      world of false notions (ignorance) and seem
      determined to defend your faulty understandings
      with belligerence.

Regarding the SSG once again - MosFets which
      are properly driven by controlled pulse widths
      at the optimum 'time' in the cycle of events
      will yield incredible results.

But then, what is holding any of you back?
      Why does there seem to be so much resistance
      to 'learning' the art of finesse? Why do you
      seem to be stuck in a rut of your own making?

I fully understand why even the great Bedini
      had to walk away...

- - -Edit

Nearly forgot - Nikola Tesla used the only means
      he had at his disposal to energize his 'magnifying
      transmitter' and other devices with the equivalent
      of high speed switching. Disruptive Capacitor Discharge.

And 'Resonance' to capture and intensify 'radiant'
      energy release.

And atmospheric electrical charge to 'pump' his
      magnifying transmitter.

None of which entails 'magic.'
      Last edited by SeaMonkey; 08-17-2010, 08:07 AM. Reason: Forgot Tesla

Comment

• Ignorance?

For your information, in my ignorance I graduated with a 4.0 GPA in industrial electronics. I spent 5 years working in a department where I debugged the circuits designed by "engineers" that did not work as they thought they would. It is becoming very obvious you are only interested in trying to show us you have some great knowledge the rest of us are too ignorant to appreciate. I for one am not going to waste any more time with you since you only want to argue about how smart you are instead of actually contributing anything useful.

Carroll
        Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• cease the spat on the back, please?

Hi Seamonkey,
          I see the boys are giving You the back spat, , (he,he,...)

@"boys"
          Hey lads, take it easy (=patience), please?

Don't bother to understand, we had a hard time to get here, and sometimes we rant out of sheer impatience to get where we are going.
          boys...

...You know...

However, a little spoon feeding is permissible here and there for the sake of the layman following this discussion? There are layman following this thread remember?

So, to avoid being totally legs in air, I lumped together a "sheet" of some sane TS PVAmp topologies. Feedback would be greatly appreciated

Why i stick to TS-PVAmp?
          1. It has just the one half of the full TS
          2. It is easy to follow
          3. It is easy applicable to a working PV system (to be checked)
          4. It can be understood and dealt with by layman IMHO

Once (if ever) we master the PVAmp, we delve into the main beast:
          the 6bat full TS with peaks above 200A (I promise)

And last, not least:
          Never forget Tesla , he pioneered the "free research" and fought for freedom of (responsible) thought, truth and speech...

Best regards,
          Stevan C.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Damn Guys I think your being a little hard on SeaMonkey. Most of you guys are light years ahead of me but SeaMonkey appears to have a good understanding of how to work with mosfets to create the radiant event. I admit it would be nice if he would design and post a curcuit but why would you want to burn your bridges with him just because he wont hand it to you. Even though he hasn't given you what you want he seems to be willing to help you with your understanding. My guess is that if you design a mosfet cicuit he would help you trouble shoot it. Ease up a little I know your frustrated, all of us are.

Now SeaMonkey the question you haven't answered directly is WILL YOU HELP DESIGN A MOSFET CIRCUIT? If not, why not?

Mark

Hope I didn't offend anyone just trying to keep the peace so we can continue working together.

Comment

• You must have got up 15 minutes before me Steven Nice post.

Comment

• Mnaah, dP-{}} (<-beware it's the blackbeard's emotycon!)

I say we let 'em walk the plank till he feeds the sharks...

kidding,
                Stevan C.

P.S.
                can do Yoda too:
                -._.-

see?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post
                  You must have got up 15 minutes before me Steven Nice post.

Mark: bullseye
                  Stevan C.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post
                    Damn Guys I think your being a little hard on SeaMonkey. Most of you guys are light years ahead of me but SeaMonkey appears to have a good understanding of how to work with mosfets to create the radiant event. I admit it would be nice if he would design and post a curcuit but why would you want to burn your bridges with him just because he wont hand it to you. Even though he hasn't given you what you want he seems to be willing to help you with your understanding. My guess is that if you design a mosfet cicuit he would help you trouble shoot it. Ease up a little I know your frustrated, all of us are.
                    Now SeaMonkey the question you haven't answered directly is WILL YOU HELP DESIGN A MOSFET CIRCUIT? If not, why not?
                    Mark
                    Hope I didn't offend anyone just trying to keep the peace so we can continue working together.
                    This will be the last time I post on the matter.
                    This is about the third time someone has just showed up from the blue and acted like we are all blind to the possibilities of using something different. They all had a typical behavior pattern.
                    They make subtle insults, like " Its not going right because you are unwilling to learn", or the most recent "Your in a rut". But I have no problems with the way my work is going, I can only speak for myself.
                    "Your ignorance of the way things work in the EE community is the problem". Yet the EE's that have allowed me to show them the Tesla Switch says that the TS is not even something they would have thought to work.
                    The person has a revolutionary new way of doing everything, Their way. But of course he can't let the cat out of the bag.
                    When fact checked this persons answers seem to be incoherent with the research I have done and watch other people do. Of course they have incoherent answers for why we must be wrong.
                    Then when all else fails its more subtle insults and a lack of willingness to help or alter the educate that used.

Now if it where me walking in on the discussion in which I though I could contribute I would come with example and the willingness to at least understand that the existing crowd of people probably know a little about what they are doing. If I was convinced my way was better I would go far out of my way to prove it. Putting a small circiut together is not that big of challenge.

So I hope you can understand when I say, I am not trying to burn anything, SeaMonkey did that when he walked in here. And If I opinion is skewed in someway I apologize to all.
                    In the three years I been hear this typical type of person does not contribute in the long run they only delay. If the goal is to contribute simply hand drawing a proposed schematic and stating case is all that is needed. I am always willing to try something new. Thats the primary reason I have so many builds. I am always willing offer an civil explanation for or against any proposed project solely based on experience. But If my understanding of some thing are flawed then I can easily alter that. And again I'll try anything.

Like I said this is the last time I'll get into this. Educate matters, people are not so willing to change the course of the research they are doing based on a few pretty words and some subtle insults. No one should for that matter....

Matthew Jones

Comment

• So,
                      no one is actually interested to the TS-PVAmp schematic I posted anymore?

Or, are we ready to try compare the actuall losses BJT way vs MOSFET way and move on any time soon?

And are there any ways to circumvent the MOSFET inherent flaw of onidirectional current braking, so we could fanally use it's inherent advantege of ultra low FVD at at least four times the AMPERE density a BJT has?

Or could we find BJTs that are 40V/60A-DC rated that handle 120A surges and have a hFE of at least 100@60A-DC while below 2V (120W burned out of 2.4kW passing) VCEsat?

Or shall i seek other company?

Stevan C.
                      Last edited by StevanC; 08-17-2010, 01:18 PM. Reason: flawed math :o}

Comment

• Originally posted by StevanC View Post
                        So,

Stevan C.
                        @StevenC, we are always interested Steven, however perhaps you could repost the schematics in a more conventional format so we can better understand your thought's.

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

So,

Or, are we ready to try compare the actuall losses BJT way vs MOSFET way and move on any time soon?
                          And are there any ways to circumvent the MOSFET inherent flaw of onidirectional current braking, so we could fanally use it's inherent advantege of ultra low FVD at at least four times the AMPERE density a BJT has?
                          Or could we find BJTs that are 40V/60A-DC rated that handle 120A surges and have a hFE of at least 100@60A-DC while below 2V (120W burned out of 2.4kW passing) VCEsat?

Stevan C.
                          I myself just work with the 4 battery + switch so I can only watch your progress at this point. Without understanding what it is doing I have no input for ya.

I am interested though.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaMonkey View Post
                            What would be the significance of a 'circuit' that
                            develops 'frost?'

Why would the SG3524 not run in 'cold' temperatures?

I could easily make a circuit that would 'frost up' and
                            so could you. But, what would be the point of it?

I am not certain what 'help' means to you and what
                            would satisfy your desire for it. What are you
                            wanting to be provided specifically?
                            @SeaMonkey:

If I wasn't so stupid, I wouldn't be here! If I was brilliant, I'd say...this is HOW you do it and WHY. So either way, I'd be learning or teaching, but not just showing my superiority by suggesting a lot of ideas that I had not already proven for myself. That is what most of these people are asking for, I believe. Show us the circuit, tell us how and why it works, then you can begin your lecture and instruct us on WHY you are THE man with the knowledge.

Let me clear up a few points....
                            1. I could NOT make a circuit that would get cold unless I put it in the fridge.
                            2. I understand and agree completely with the inductor resisting current change and HV potential spike upon cessation of current. I have been saying this for several years.
                            3. I agree that MOSFETS have superior switching characteristics in terms of speed and amp carrying capability. At least my study of them seems to indicate this.

So, where do we start. JB talked about negative resistance in this forum. He said that Naudin showed it, but had not figured out how to use it. He did not say anything more on Naudin, except that he thought we could figure it out. I do not believe that I have figured that out. I know how to make a BJT "go negative" but have not figured out how to use this to my advantage.

I do not know if the MOSFET can act as a negative resistor (negistor). I have never designed a circuit with any type of FET. Is it your contention that the negistor is "not needed" or that a MOSFET can be a negistor?

You indicated that Dave's circuit was too complicated. Why do you not suggest where it is too complicated and suggest alternatives. (The circuit is actually fairly simple and the controller part of the schematic was not shown in the post). The controller is actually more complicated. Is it that you do not think the 4 battery TS is useful? You said in one post that it was "old technology"....does that mean that should not be studied?

JB indicated that he preferred to use BJTs, not FETS in this application. Perhaps JB was not telling us because he did not want us to use MOSFETs. Perhaps MOSFETs would be superior and work better? This seems to be what you are saying, although, I have not "studied" everything you have written in this forum, but read casually through it.

Perhaps you can help me to understand finesse. Perhaps you can "show" me how to test the circuits I build and understand what is going on with limited resources, i.e. equipment, time, money, brain power and intellect.

Like Matt says, I am not opposed to trying new things. But again, a picture us worth a thousand words, i.e. a circuit. Budget does have constraints though.

@Stevan,

You are the TS-PV man Stevan. I have not built the circuit and don't have the resources to do that. However, a TS is pretty close to your TS-PV, so slight mods could be done to my TS to make it a TS-PV. I do not have the desire/time to build my own variable power supply and my solar panel was broken in the move, so unless I fork out some bucks to buy one or both of these, I'm dead in the water.

I wish I could work on the TS-PV, but I only have so much time. I will get around to doing that though, it just isn't in the cards at the present time unless I can just modify my current TS a little bit.

Leroy
                            Last edited by ldissing; 08-17-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

So,

Stevan C.
                              Sorry Steven. I also has no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

• PVAmp

Hi Steven,

I don't have any mosfets so I can't build your mosfet circuits at this time. I did print out your page of circuits and decided to try the BJTs booster circuit since it is so simple. Well maybe too simple. I found that since the positive of the top output cap and the negative of the lower output cap are always connected to the input cap when you turn on the series out transistor you now have about 24 volts reflected back to the input cap. Since I don't have a solar panel and was really only interested in how the circuit works I have a pair of 12 volt 7 AH batteries in parallel as my source to the input cap. I have not seen hardly any rise in voltage on the charge batteries ( also a pair of 12 v 7 AH batts in parallel ). But it seems your circuit is working like the scalar charger. The voltage on my input batts is slowing going up at a rate of about .01 volts per hour. I am going to let it run for a while and see if this rise is only temporary or if they will continue to charge up. I am driving the mjl21194 transistors with opto isolators connected the way JB showed us with the cap and diode. I am using a pic chip to control the optos. At the present time I have a charge time of 250 ms and a discharge time of 100 ms with a 50 ms pause between charge and discharge times. Thank you for posting the circuits. I always look forward to your posts.

As far as Seamonkey goes if you will look at some of my previous posts you will see I respectfully and sincerely asked him to explain a couple of things about what he was posting. The first time he just ignored my questions and said I didn't want to change my mind about what I thought. The second time I again tried to respectfully ask some questions and suggested he might want to try his ideas in the real world. This time he said I was ignorant and didn't understand real circuits. I am sorry if I have offended you because of my last post to him. I have great respect for you but unless Seamonkey changes his attitude I won't waste anymore time with him.
                                Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X