No announcement yet.

Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Count me in, I'm in it for the long haul (Will post code and boards as worked on).

I do want re-iterate, we need to start with something that is working. Code only does what we tell it to do, first we have to have a direction to go in! Working together we will get there!

Jason

Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
    You bet John, I will post the code. I will say that I will need help, as you see the sensing points needed and how they should alter the oscillation. This is purely unknown at this time. Jason, might I recommend that you(and others with digital saavy) and I work towards the digital end of this?

Thanks
    Jeff (Bit's)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
      John, I think the Optos will work in the Jetijs circuit if they are configured like this.
      @Bits:

No, that is not the way to do it. IMHO, the best way to do it, is to take opto-couplers that have the base of the transistor available at the outside, such as the good old TIL-111.
      Then, you can simply switch the tor inside the coupler and the power tor as a darlington pair and use a resistor between the base of the opto tor and the emitter of the power tor in order to improve the switch-off speed of the combination.

John talked about "diode capacitor discharge on all the base circuits". Any transistor has a certain parasite capacitor at the base-emitter junction (and the collector base junction as well), which makes it stay "open" longer then you want to, unless you discharge this parasite capacitor. So, thatś why you have to add something between the base and the emitter to do that. I have done it like this in some experiments trying to make a solid-state Marx bank and it worked nicely using a resistor of 1 k for what is in the drawing as R5.

Perhaps you can also use such a diode capacitor discharge. I haven't figured out yet how that is supposed to work, though.

Anyway, this is how I would do it:
      Attached Files

Comment

• Oh, and remember you have two parasite caps to account for. One inside the opto's transistor, and one inside the power tor. You have to discharge both, otherwise your opto will ruin the party at high frequencies!!
        Last edited by lamare; 11-24-2009, 09:08 PM. Reason: added hf

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Iamare,
          I guess I did not explain myself with this circuit. If the load is in the collector it's no problem turning the transistor on, But what if the load is in the Emitter?, since the switch uses different potentials at different points I had to calculate the difference voltage between collector and emitter. when using the device as a cathode follower you will not get the voltage you need, so I use this method to force the transistor to discharge the most voltage between collector and emitter, a quick discharge without base to emitter resistor. The FET is the real problem with it's gate capacity. With this method you do not need a driver. However you do it anyway you want, I will stay with what I have . This switch uses inverted potentials in some of the devices and can be a real problem.
          Good Luck
          John B

Originally posted by lamare View Post
          @Bits:

No, that is not the way to do it. IMHO, the best way to do it, is to take opto-couplers that have the base of the transistor available at the outside, such as the good old TIL-111.
          Then, you can simply switch the tor inside the coupler and the power tor as a darlington pair and use a resistor between the base of the opto tor and the emitter of the power tor in order to improve the switch-off speed of the combination.

John talked about "diode capacitor discharge on all the base circuits". Any transistor has a certain parasite capacitor at the base-emitter junction (and the collector base junction as well), which makes it stay "open" longer then you want to, unless you discharge this parasite capacitor. So, thatś why you have to add something between the base and the emitter to do that. I have done it like this in some experiments trying to make a solid-state Marx bank and it worked nicely using a resistor of 1 k for what is in the drawing as R5.

Perhaps you can also use such a diode capacitor discharge. I haven't figured out yet how that is supposed to work, though.

John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Hi,
            A Question.
            John B
            Do you think, Tesla did use Diodes in his switch or he did only swap them around ?
            I wonder anyhow, wich one is better.

Right now i did start playing with 3 AA Batteries around,
            as Load i did take a Potentiometer, and strange thing, increasing the Pot gives more Voltage between '+' & (Load) & '+'.
            The Batts have internal resistance ~1490ohms.
            Maybe anyhow a Way to figure out, how strong the Load can/should be.
            When i look at the Setups here, i guess i ll stay analog, with a Motor, what switch all Batteries around :P.
            Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by lamare View Post
              @Bits:

Thanks Lamare, I did change it to this way;

Bit's
              Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 12-04-2009, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Bit's
                Do you mean this?
                John B

Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
                Thanks Lamare, I did change it to this way;

Bit's
                Attached Files
                John Bedini
                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                  Bit's
                  Do you mean this?
                  John B
                  Yes, I caught the error just after I sent it. Thanks for checking up--More eye's the better.

Comment

• Release of Video and Kit

Originally posted by DoubleD View Post
                    Thanks John I am looking forward to the release of the Video and the Kit

Dave
                    G'Day John Bedini
                    I thank you for publishing all that you have I have over the last year Plus been trying to replicate your 10 coiler but could not find any real help until I joined Monopole 3 then 2, through them I have come to learn some of the many things essential to make it work properly and was very pleased when I saw you had made available the Kit I have purchased the 10 coiler Kit from Rick I am going to Power my New house with it. I am pleased you are releasing your knowledge about the Tesla switch as I was trying to replicate one using a mechanical switch but put this aside when I joined those 2 lists. I would very much to buy the TS video and Kit I have not seen it on Ricks site Could you please let me know how or where I can Purchase these
                    Kindest regards Ian Koglin

Comment

• Master speaks...is anybody listening?

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                      Iamare,
                      I guess I did not explain myself with this circuit. If the load is in the collector it's no problem turning the transistor on, But what if the load is in the Emitter?, since the switch uses different potentials at different points I had to calculate the difference voltage between collector and emitter. when using the device as a cathode follower you will not get the voltage you need, so I use this method to force the transistor to discharge the most voltage between collector and emitter, a quick discharge without base to emitter resistor.
                      John B
                      The master speaks again! Do you get it?

Leroy

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
                        You bet John, I will post the code. I will say that I will need help, as you see the sensing points needed and how they should alter the oscillation. This is purely unknown at this time. Jason, might I recommend that you(and others with digital saavy) and I work towards the digital end of this?

Thanks
                        Jeff (Bit's)
                        Team, here is a first cut of the proposed schematic for the "Digital Controlled TS". Please let me know if you see mistakes. John, can you let me know if I put the sensing points in the right areas?

Thanks

Jeff
                        Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 12-04-2009, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• We'll soon see

Originally posted by ldissing View Post
                          The master speaks again! Do you get it?

Leroy
                          We'll find out if / when ppl start building it and wondering why they can't get it to work.

I've read from page 16, many times now and the message is deceptively simple. Implementing it appears deceptively hard.

People need to stop being too creative just now. One needs to bake the first cake by following the recipe many times before they can improvise with different ingredients and cooking methods and expect it to taste nice.

Maybe 20 ppl on this thread will follow the instructions, another 20 will try something new.

The thing to remember here is there is no EE theory to back us. Theory will not guide but hinder. Experiment and following the anomalous evidence is the only reliable path to follow here.

Love and light
                          Last edited by Inquorate; 11-25-2009, 01:43 AM.
                          Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Enlightened....understanding...reason!

Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
                            We'll find out if / when ppl start building it and wondering why they can't get it to work.

I've read from page 16, many times now and the message is deceptively simple. Implementing it appears deceptively hard.

People need to stop being too creative just now. One needs to bake the first cake by following the recipe many times before they can improvise with different ingredients and cooking methods and expect it to taste nice.

Maybe 20 ppl on this thread will follow the instructions, another 20 will try something new.

The thing to remember here is there is no EE theory to back us. Theory will not guide but hinder. Experiment and following the anomalous evidence is the only reliable path to follow here.

Love and light
                            Enlightened. That is what you have shown! That is JB... IT is not really about the circuit...there is a third purpose. I'm just a hanger on'er, one of many, I can't say what I think know, because it is too important. Maybe I know nothing, maybe more, maybe I flatter myself...You must become, on your own. There is no magic bullet!

Build to his specs, then branch out. How else can I say it?

Leroy

Comment

• Hi All,

I just completed the 3 battery version that John B posted the other day. Wow!!!

This simple version of the full switch is amazing.

I am using 12V 1.2Ah gel-cells until I gain a more complete understanding of what is happening. I am still testing but will post results later. Already I have charged and discharged the charging battery 3 times now, and the other two batteries have barely moved.

Cheers,

Steve.
                              You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

• Prototyping

Have anybody worked with this circuit on a breadboard? I've got a few laying around, but would like to keep them around a bit longer!!

Thanks, Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X