John B
    I sent you a pm with #
    sorry for the delay had to get dinner
    at store to cook
    Kevin

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Leroy,
      Have not seen that yet mine seems to be stable keeping the batteries all very close in voltage, I will take the batteries out tomorrow and check them to see how many amp hrs they contain. I just leave my machine running I don't even look at it. My batteries are nickel metal hydride 7.2V
      they are standing under switching at 7.45 last time I checked and I have seen them go to 8.21 at times during a slow switch speed. So I'm going to test them with the mountain west machine on the computer. I will post what I find.
      John B

Originally posted by ldissing View Post
      @John Bedini (or anybody that wants to answer)

Everything is running along fine, one side is higher than the other. Then, they are equal, and all hell breaks loose. One side jumps .1 volts every 2 seconds or so, and the other side declines by about the same. I have not let it just keep going down, do you think I should just watch it and see if something changes?

If I adjust it too much, then the other sides starts increasing by about the same amount, and the side that was increasing before...now decreases rapidly.

Once, I had it adjusted so that each side would enter this mode occasionally....need to get the comparator in there to adjust based on these voltages....it was wild.

The waveform also changes totally, from a "basically" square wave to just spikes and these can be adjust to either the up side (one side charging) or to the down side (other side charging). It is amazing to watch, but I can't just let it run, because I don't know what it will do?

Any ideas, circuits, suggestions are welcome.

Leroy

P.S. Power output also increases at this juncture. Need to keep them level, but do not currently know how to do that!
      John Bedini
      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Duty Cycle?

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
        Leroy,
        Have not seen that yet mine seems to be stable keeping the batteries all very close in voltage
        John B
        John B,

Thank you for the reply, are you using the duty cycle adjustment at all?

This isn't the first time I've seen this but my duty cycle is almost nil, it is a weird thing to see.

Thanks,

Leroy

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Leroy,
          Yes I'm playing with the duty cycle and I can adjust it.
          John B
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• tranny

John B what about this one
            I know it isn't what we talked about but
            it close to the others as discussed still looking for the other one
            Kevin
            Attached Files

Comment

• Hi people.

Here is a small video of my replication of the scalar charger.

YouTube - Scalar Charger

Regards
              "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

• Nice build

Originally posted by ren View Post
                Hi people.

YouTube - Scalar Charger

Regards
                Hello Ren, what chip did you say that was? I tried to put this together with an And and Nand gate setup on my generator to drive the optos, but I think the delay on the chips was causing some problems. Burned some things out and never got back to it.

To anyone - I was wondering if there are any recommendations for a full out of the box microprocessor proto board. Looking back through the posts I saw some decent microprocessors, but I'm not sure about interfacing them. We are learning a lot in school about these now, and it would be nice to have one at home to play with. Possibly for this tesla switch and scalar charger, but more so to further some studies on that old post "Resonance Effects For Everyone To Share". I have a lot of unfinished business with that one.. lol. Any suggestions on a good chip and pre-built board would be great. Being able to square wave at about 10-15 Mhz would be ideal. With possible external monitoring by the processor.

John K, long time.. thanks for posting your revelations about the impedance matching and whatnot, I've been keeping up on the yahoo groups as well. You seem pretty excited.. lol.. Rightfully so.. I'd like to get in on some of this stuff but school has really had me tied up. Bench time is minimal. Maybe over Christmas break, we have about 3 weeks free.. Maybe I'll start raising my head again in the yahoo groups as well.

Nice to read everyone's posts, this is by far one of the more interesting threads I've tried to keep up with.

Marcel

Comment

• Chasing Spikes

Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                  I used 2 x 12v batteries today( 24v) to make more voltage available for my load. My 14000uf caps are rated 50v and can handle it.
                  I tried a motor but could not get much spikes
                  Then I connected my small ssg straight where we normally put the lamp or motor without a bridge.That means instead of driving it with dc , I pulsed it The result looks promising. One large spike of about 60v appeared after every pulse and it is quite wide to.
                  That means my load is a coil. The reactive power of the ssg is not very high but I feed that to the battery that drives the flip flop. Not to sure if that is the right thing to do.
                  Going to bed now
                  I will see tomorrow morning if the battery lost any voltage
                  This morning the battery voltage was down from 25.8V to 25.78
                  I removed the ssg in inserted my 4 in series coils that I used on my FEG
                  The frequency was adjusted for max spike amplitude over the coils and the duty cycle was brought down to get the most spikes al over the place
                  Running at about 200Hz the battery voltage started to rise
                  I changed the oscillator capacitor and found the best frequency a bit higher at 270 Hz. The voltage rose even more and is currently on 25.98v.
                  The flip flop is still running from a separate battery
                  There is no extra load like a lamp as that pulls the voltage down
                  I did put a coil with lots of turns between 2 of the load coils and connected that output to a bridge and another charging battery. It does not influence the scalar charger but it also does not charge that battery very fast either
                  I will keep this setup running without tampering with it to see if the charging stabilises
                  I tried to take a scopeshot , but the camera overexposes everything. I will try to take a photo tonight when it is darker.
                  Last edited by nvisser; 11-29-2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                    Bit's
                    What if !!!!!!! We do not need all these parts to do the job and only need two devices to do the whole thing? Has anybody given any thought to this? What if the SG3524 could be controlled using the error amplifier at the duty cycle pin that senses all the voltages at each battery. What other device could we use to switch the batteries since we can see that the potentials change quickly? I guess as Peter says I have been known for tricky circuits, just a little quiz. After all do we really need all the devices in the circuit to switch four batteries? By the way excellent job on the circuit diagram and the code, I can get this to run in the pic I have just a few changes.
                    John B
                    @ John Bedini:

The only thing that comes to mind is to use op-amps. We can sum, multiply, and compare. Am I in the ball park?

@ Bit's-n-Bytes:

I'm afraid that your sensing may not work. It look to me that all sensing will be in reference to battery one, I believe that all sensing should be isolated (like a scope, pick a negative and positive sensing point). In the above quote John suggests that we look at each battery and be self regulating. Not sure what the diode sensing does for us here.

I'm afraid that we need to slow down a little bit. I think that the main advantage we have with a micro is that we can control the parameters concretely. Personally I've never been good at adjusting pots! Possibly the best way to get the sensing right is design 4 isolated voltage inputs and use allegator clips or other moveable sensing so we can find the right place to sense voltages.

Jason

Comment

• Microprocessor For Use?

I'm interested in what microprocessors people have access to tools for.

I have used pics in the past and am interested in buying new programming tools for them. If there are a majority of people that want to use a different microprocessor then I will look into buying tools to work with them. Though I can not buy multiple tools, so would like to choose a tool that many people can use.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

• Originally posted by ren View Post
                        Hi people.

YouTube - Scalar Charger

Regards
                        Hello guys,
                        @Ren
                        Very nice
                        I stayed up all night,read all posts again, tear my switch apart and put it back together after replacing all transistors. I was suspecting MJE13005 non triggering right. Also checked all optos. With new trannys (TIP41 that's all I have @ the moment) I can adjust d.c to light 12V5W bulb, of course voltage is dropping but with MJE I could only adjust 4 small grain bulbs. Nothing bigger. I've been playing with d.c and freq. When d.c is very short and small delay, I can sustain voltage over period of time. I'm using John's fix SG3524. With 1u switching is very slow, single Hz range. Load is pulsing once per every flip. I checked batteries after 7hrs and they're about the same. I also tried J.T hooked up as a load off the bridge. Any bigger load kills the deal. I'll get a scope to it, but coffee first

Vtech
                        Last edited by blackchisel97; 11-29-2009, 04:16 PM. Reason: info
                        'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• You only need two

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                          Bit's
                          What if !!!!!!! We do not need all these parts to do the job and only need two devices to do the whole thing? Has anybody given any thought to this? What if the SG3524 could be controlled using the error amplifier at the duty cycle pin that senses all the voltages at each battery. What other device could we use to switch the batteries since we can see that the potentials change quickly? I guess as Peter says I have been known for tricky circuits, just a little quiz. After all do we really need all the devices in the circuit to switch four batteries? By the way excellent job on the circuit diagram and the code, I can get this to run in the pic I have just a few changes.
                          John B
                          I believe that JB is asking two questions.

The answer to the first is: You only need two transistors, the ones "inverted" ones. The ones that change the batterys to 24 V, because the other ones are just extraneous and decrease the differential voltage. I have it hooked up and running now.

The answer to the second one (from me) is: I don't know how to do that. I'm sure it involves some comparators, but I'll have to research this.

Leroy

Comment

• Originally posted by Helijason View Post
                            @ John Bedini:

The only thing that comes to mind is to use op-amps. We can sum, multiply, and compare. Am I in the ball park?

@ Bit's-n-Bytes:

I'm afraid that your sensing may not work. It look to me that all sensing will be in reference to battery one, I believe that all sensing should be isolated (like a scope, pick a negative and positive sensing point). In the above quote John suggests that we look at each battery and be self regulating. Not sure what the diode sensing does for us here.

I'm afraid that we need to slow down a little bit. I think that the main advantage we have with a micro is that we can control the parameters concretely. Personally I've never been good at adjusting pots! Possibly the best way to get the sensing right is design 4 isolated voltage inputs and use allegator clips or other moveable sensing so we can find the right place to sense voltages.

Jason
                            Thanks for the input Jason, we'll know shortly. The way I see the need for sensing is "Balance". Liken it to a fulcrum to where Batts 1 and 3 are on one side and Batts 2 and 4 are on the other. Now for further understanding, view them as buckets of water and our job is to keep them all level. We have to run back and forth (oscillate) with a container to take from one to give to the others. We never loose any water, but while some the containers (Batts) are depleted the others fill up. So, just when we get things down to a science and are able to know the pace (frequency) of being able to maintain balance, somebody comes and puts a rock (load) on one end and throws the balance off again. This is where the measuring of the voltage at D1, D5, D9 and D10 will give us an indication as to how much "water" is in the buckets and we'll get really crafty by installing a piping system that we can fill the buckets without the manual method of running back and forth. We'll go one step further and put a "Tilt Sensor" (the abilty to change the oscillations both in width and frequency) to return the fulcrum's balance.

Sorry for the long disertation (and a look into my feable brain attempting the reasoning process).

Thanks

Bit's

Comment

• MicroChip Tools

Hi Jason - well, you've asked a question that could really stir things up. One's favorite toolkit for microprocessor work is, in my case, predicated on "what I grew up with (LOL)" - that is, after scurrying about looking to fix a problem I went a certain direction based on what I thought would work and what I could afford. Since I had my own business and decent returns, that helped a lot. So, in the past few years I have been using MicroChip PICS, most recently (like the last 2 years) the 18F4523 because of its mix of features. Now I am a bit of a rebel when it comes to development boards - since I like to have total access to all the I/O pins so I can have free access to model the problem at hand. I find I can build my own test boards using (gasp) wirewrap and get the model working and manage changes or screwups better - and I make a lot of those because, in part, of physical disability.

As for software development tools, for me, a decision I am most pleased with is making the investment in a C compiler from Custom Computer Services (CCS). The reasons are a) rich resource libraries; b)good documentation; c)timely and accurate updates to their compiler; d)excellent user interface; e)a really useful on-line, interactive trace, test, and debug environment to help speed development.

Be advised that others, probably more experienced and facile than I should chime in on this question, so what I've written here is biased because of my own peculiar experiences and the significant investments over time in the tools as described. Several vendors have good products and platforms so be sure to search and evaluate carefully.

All the Best,

Plazma

Originally posted by Helijason View Post
                              I'm interested in what microprocessors people have access to tools for.

I have used pics in the past and am interested in buying new programming tools for them. If there are a majority of people that want to use a different microprocessor then I will look into buying tools to work with them. Though I can not buy multiple tools, so would like to choose a tool that many people can use.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

• Embarassment of Riches

Hi Inquorate - thanks for the welcome - also, thanks for the tip on validating the transistors. I now have more dang MJLs than I need as another backorder filled that I had forgotten about (double up and catch up? ). So, back to testing. I hope to have some data/results to post later this week.

Cheers,

Plazma

Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
                                Welcome to the forum Plasma

Your post brings to mind a point to consider; if the old transistors can't be found easily, there's no reason not to try a variety of new ones in say a square wave pulsed three battery setup.

Using 12v wall transformers for charge batteries and same discharged battery and load; then determine how effective different transistors are.

Experiment experiment experiment

Love and light

Comment

Working...
                                X