Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackchisel97
    I'll try (if time permits) to replace tranny's with SCR. I don't have a fast ones, only BTA12-600B but I found some ultrafast diodes in my bin. I'm charging all my SLABS with radiant to have them ready. This is getting more interesting than I thought. I'm glad you're around John, I feel "energized"
    BTW. I'm trying to work with 4 battery switch since I don't have IC's needed for scalar charger, except 555's.
    I borrowed Bit's design and modified for my parts (I hope you don't mind Jeff) -

Vtech
    Don't mind at all, Test, Test, Test.

Thanks

Bit's

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
      Leroy,
      Let me keep goofing around with this, I will keep the whole group informed as to what I'm doing. I just do not jump at things anymore. I make allot of mistakes too. But I have three jobs here at work so I will get to things when I have a free moment.

It's been thirty years since I have played with this switch. I forgot most of it, but it's a good thing I kept some notes here. With the new parts things have changed so I must learn this over again. I know that I must follow the basic instructions given to me, but the parts are much different now.

I spend allot of time looking at parts to see if they will work. Everybody should not expect to have things work the first time as this energy is tricky. The SG is one thing, the Window Motor is something else again, the Tesla Switch is far more complex then everybody thinks, but I'm working along with everybody.
      John B
      John B
      I know what you are talking about like i had told you on the phone
      I had built the switch back in 1988 with the transformers and did not
      know what to look for or how to test it (had no internet then) just snail mail
      or phone if you had a number to call for help
      I have found some of the old parts and have them coming but may take up to 3 to 4 weeks to get from other countries will send you some when they get here
      Thanks for the call!!
      Kevin

Comment

• Originally posted by dambit View Post
        HI all,

Quick question. Which circuit is everyone testing. I have read back from the point when John B started his input but it seems to me that everyone is testing a different circuit.

Cheers,

Steve.
        Good question Steve
        I feel we do need to start with one til
        it is replicated but then I am slower than most at this
        I think simple then move up

Comment

• Good question

Originally posted by dambit View Post
          HI all,

Quick question. Which circuit is everyone testing. I have read back from the point when John B started his input but it seems to me that everyone is testing a different circuit.

Cheers,

Steve.
          @Steve,
          Good question I'm trying to follow John Bedini and replicate his circuit, as per pcb posted. I have built SG3524 fix and attempting to get 4 battery switch. As John was always saying: build exactly as I told you, get it to work, understand, then move on and try to change things. So far I had a success with all his circuits done this way. I would love to get this working and then try to improve and move forward. If we agree on trying different one, I'm in too, just may need to get certain parts. One thing I learned in armed forces - don't give up, don't leave your man behind (and take no prisoners - which doesn't apply to our subject )

P.S. Thanks Bit's, I should ask first
          Vtech
          'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Leroy,
            Since I'm using the potential, not much current and really do not know your circuit I can't say. But the SCR I'm using is the cheap of the cheap
            C122B only to test with. I will move up to much bigger because I'm looking at 1500 Amp Hr batteries I will find pictures and post them I think the batteries will do 75 amps for 8 Hrs continuous load. Cell phone batteries ( Flooded Cells) 350 pounds each.
            John B
            John Bedini
            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• 8ah Scr

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
              Leroy,
              Since I'm using the potential, not much current and really do not know your circuit I can't say. But the SCR I'm using is the cheap of the cheap
              C122B only to test with. I will move up to much bigger because I'm looking at 1500 Amp Hr batteries I will find pictures and post them I think the batteries will do 75 amps for 8 Hrs continuous load. Cell phone batteries ( Flooded Cells) 350 pounds each.
              John B
              I haven't looked up those specs, but will. My little 8a SCR should be fine if I read you correctly.

Thanks,

Leroy

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Bit's-n-Bytes,
                Pin 1 is the duty cycle I sugest a 50 K pot in series with 15 K resistor to goround.
                John B

Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
                Don't mind at all, Test, Test, Test.

Thanks

Bit's
                John Bedini
                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Bit's-n-Bytes,
                  Pin 1 is the duty cycle I sugest a 50 K pot in series with 15 K resistor to goround.
                  John B
                  @Vtech, here is a mod to this circuit.

Thanks John,

Bit's

Comment

Leroy,
                    John B
                    It's the Brandt circuit minus the capacitors...and utilizes two bridges. The load is the same for both sides, just the + and - of the bridges hooked together. So, the system looks like the 3 battery switch, but two batteries are in parallel, i.e. the third battery. The load should LIMIT the current until I can get it stabilized...but no go today.

Leroy
                    Last edited by ldissing; 12-02-2009, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Tesla Switch

I don't think I would use a Triac unless you put a diode under it. So it can only go one way.
                      John

Originally posted by blackchisel97
                      I'll try (if time permits) to replace tranny's with SCR. I don't have a fast ones, only BTA12-600B but I found some ultrafast diodes in my bin. I'm charging all my SLABS with radiant to have them ready. This is getting more interesting than I thought. I'm glad you're around John, I feel "energized"
                      BTW. I'm trying to work with 4 battery switch since I don't have IC's needed for scalar charger, except 555's.
                      I borrowed Bit's design and modified for my parts (I hope you don't mind Jeff) -

Vtech
                      John Bedini
                      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• SCR vs. triac

I was thinking about that and I'm glad to hear your advice. I used them in solid state and radiant charger without any problems but they're different circuits. Unfortunately I don't have any thyristors at the moment. Will give a try and share.

Thank you
                        Vtech
                        'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
                          It's the Brandt circuit minus the capacitors...and utilizes two bridges. The load is the same for both sides, just the + and - of the bridges hooked together. So, the system looks like the 3 battery switch, but two batteries are in parallel, i.e. the third battery. The load should LIMIT the current until I can get it stabilized...but no go today.

Leroy
                          I'm running a modified circuit currently as well. I put my circuit back together to switch without the diodes. This gives me two halves and allows a load to be placed between the positive poles of one set of batteries and the negative poles of the other simultaneously. I am currently running a transformer. It is self oscillating right now around 6khz according to my multimeter. It is also charging a 7 ah sla from the secondaries on the transformers. Not sure what the batteries in the TS are doing yet as they are recovering from a change in load impedance.

Comment

• Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                            I'm running a modified circuit currently as well. I put my circuit back together to switch without the diodes. This gives me two halves and allows a load to be placed between the positive poles of one set of batteries and the negative poles of the other simultaneously. I am currently running a transformer. It is self oscillating right now around 6khz according to my multimeter. It is also charging a 7 ah sla from the secondaries on the transformers. Not sure what the batteries in the TS are doing yet as they are recovering from a change in load impedance.
                            Well, this is not the "Brandt Tesla Switch". JB is trying to teach us to do certain things, which we must learn to do or be doomed to stay with the status quo.

It is a start, but eventually, we must get the the Brandt version, or we must be content to use power in the conventional way. We must pay for the power with our sweat because we are all slaves. When we learn to do it a different way, then we are freer, and freedom is different than liberty. It is the Statue of Liberty, not the Statue of FREEDOM. JB is teaching freedom, but you have to put in the time to learn, to understand. The bible says, "My people die for lack of knowledge". Nothing truer has ever been said.

Start slow, start at low freq, start with small loads. LEARN to limit the current in the switching and we can get there. Trying to go big in too big a hurry will only lead to failure, I started slow and progressed to failure because I tried to go too big too fast. I'm still learning. If you can not light the small load, then how can you light the big one?

Regards,

Leroy

Comment

• Awesome

I love this forum and it's wonderful members, where in just a few days, this

http://a5.vox.com/6a0110169c703a860d0123ddd8f4ed860c-pi

Becomes this

http://a0.vox.com/6a0110169c703a860d01240b800cc8860e-pi

We all deserve a pat on the back I think. Self administered.

Love and light
                              Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Was this circuit aproved by John. The scr`s was his idea but I cannot recall that he said we can just remove the parralel switch transistors.He said he will think about it. Without them it looks like the series voltage can feedback on itself through the other diodes. Is that not why Idissing are frying diodes and scr`s?

Comment

Working...
                                X