No announcement yet.

Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the speed controlable? Or is that still somthing your working on?

Thanks
    Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
      Is the speed controlable? Or is that still somthing your working on?
      If the inductor is replaced by a signal-generator speed is definitely controllable ;-)
      If the load is an inductor, and the load and the controlling inductor is on the same core and movable along the core, you can control speed (and sound) as if it was a trombone :-D
      I'll see if I can grab some time for a video.

/Hob
      Hob Nilre
      http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

• I may have to clear my bench a bit and play with it.

Looking forward to the video.

Matt

Comment

Looking forward to the video.
          The video is live:
          YouTube - Tesla-switch part 8

/Hob
          Hob Nilre

Comment

• @nilrehob

Nice work. I'm following with eager interest.

Like Matt, I'm going to have clear some workbench real estate.

Thanks for sharing.
            -kent

Comment

• Nilrehob@
              Do you see any rise in the battery voltage on the charging side switching that way?

How much current is travelling through the load? How much coming out?

Just curious
              Matt

Comment

• A transistor question

I have an idea to have three batteries connected to the common of three relays, and in series thru the normally closed connections. I want to have a rotary switch switching one relay at a time into the normally open connections, which will connect one battery to the other two; 24v dumped into 12v thru a load..

How do I do that quicker with transistors?

Love and light
                Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• The only problem with a three battery setup that drops the batteries in series on a rotation, is you also have come up with the means to pull power from the series set at a given time and deliver it the single battery.

I am sure its possible but its a reubix cube puzzle as to how to use it.

Matt

Comment

• Rubix cube

@ Matthew Jones - I know it's doing my head in..

But I had surgery a while ago, and my dad suggested that while I was 'away' I should try to talk to tesla or someone and try to hold onto the information when I 'get back'..

And this circuit was 'running' in my mind when I regained consciousness.. Or rather one with 4 relays but I seem to remember it (and a fourth battery) just made the floating voltage difference more continuous, connecting at most 2 and at least 1 battery in parallel, to the other two that are in series.

So, being from a spiritual (aboriginal) background, I feel it's worth building.. Stranger things have happened to me re esp.

Even if I just learn one more way that doesn't work..

So, I'll build it with relays first. No harm done. The hardest part will be actually using the floating voltage differential; I'm envisioning a 1:1 transformer with one 'secondary' load coil, and 3 (or 4) 'primary' coils that are run independently each time the series batteries are dumped into the parallel ones..

Will share when I get it going.

Love and light
                    Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• lower voltage receiver battery

Hi folks, I had an idea about the non-exotic version of the Tesla switch. I do understand that the switch is supposed to somehow cause a pile up of electrons and self run, however I'm speaking just about what the typical ideas I have seen where one uses a 24V battery discharging through a bulb into a 12V battery. The only problem with that scenario, not including any external energies entering, is that right from the start were limited to 50% efficiency because the 12V is countering our 24V just like counter emf or back emf in a permanent magnet motor. So my idea was, why not use say a 12V battery and discharge into a lower voltage like 1.5V to raise the efficiency. Of course we would have to use multiple 1.5V cells in parallel at the appropriate AH to equal the same watt hours as the primary 12V battery, and pulsing would be better to keep amps lower as to not damage smaller battery. Does this sound workable to anyone.
                      peace love light
                      Tyson

Comment

• I worked out the efficiency using a 12V battery charging into a 1.2V battery bank and its 90%, and would approach 100% if we used a higher voltage, say running through low current higher voltage load like a high turns step down transformer.

Comment

• One more thing, also now that were at 90% efficiency, it would be easier to make up the other 10% with the transformer output. Do you see where I'm going here. Reason I'm giving this thought is because I can charge batteries with flyback as many others can, as does Bedinis charger he sells, so if we dont go too extreme in voltage and keep current below the 1 amp level which is bedini's rule for radiant type charging, it may work.

Comment

• I have one I am testing now that runs 2 volt cells. 20 of them. It works really well. It delivers 16 volt at or about 2 amp.

I am not sure that your thinking on the 50% efficiency is correct though. The point is to switch. The instant you turn on in one direction the current flows as expected out of the battery. Its only after it flows a while that it will reduce flow do to the battery and thats only as the charge rises in the battery. A somewhat lower charge in batteries at start is better. The rest of time you are limited to the flow through your components.

The only other inhibitor is inductive fields. Some motor coils are not wound in the correct fashion to except energy from only one side of the battery. They end up being neutralized or poled opposite of what they should at the time. Making the motor weaker.

Matt

Comment

Nilrehob@
                              Do you see any rise in the battery voltage on the charging side switching that way?

How much current is travelling through the load? How much coming out?

Just curious
                              Matt
                              Sorry for the late reply.
                              I will try to find time for testing, probably later next week.

/Hob
                              Hob Nilre

Comment

• The only problem with that scenario, not including any external energies entering, is that right from the start were limited to 50% efficiency because the 12V is countering our 24V just like counter emf or back emf in a permanent magnet motor.
                                @Skywatcher

Greetings.

Please don't get me wrong. I think you have some very good ideas, but I'm not sure about the 50% efficiency problem.

You may already know this, but in the SSG forums the current recommendation for battery charging via capacitor-dump is to bring the capacitor to only 1 or 2 volts above battery voltage, then apply this to the battery terminals long enough for the potential to equalize. In my experience, it seems that even 0.5 volt above battery voltage can be enough to put the battery into charge mode, and it can do so quite efficiently.

Perhaps I'll only confuse the point, but I kind of view it in this analogy: Water flows downhill. It does not matter how great the slope is, merely that there exists a slope at all. It all eventually equalizes. The same with electrical difference in potential. So long as there is a "downhill", the energy will run downhill.

Speed is not necessarily an issue for efficiency. Putting energy "into" a battery is rather like funneling water into a narrow neck container. You can only fill the container as fast as the funnel allows, but if you fill the funnel in a "burst" and then allow some time for that burst to "sink in", you can then proceed to fill the funnel again.

The way I see it, in the Tesla Switch, the load is the bottle neck, and the capacitors on either side of the load roughly equate to the funnel. It is stated that a low-resistance load works better, and the lowest-resistance load possible is a short wire.

Does that make any sense? (Grrrr! I wish I could more accurately and succinctly express the pictures I have in my head.)

Comment

Working...
                                X