• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is cool. And surprising.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
      Nali2001,

I made a video of this device soon to be released. I only did this at the request of Tom Bearden. I also will let Rick sell a kit after I know who you are, that includes everybody.

John Bedini
      Thanks John I am looking forward to the release of the Video and the Kit

Dave

Comment

• Wow! That's great. I would stop my other projects to work on this one.
        Your brief "visit" with explanation is highly appreciated - I'm sure, by many of us looking around and trying to revive "forgotten" technologies.

Thank you John

Vtech
        'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Tesla Switch

blackchisel97,
          The Tesla Switch is very difficult to build as most do not understand how a transistor really switches used in a differential mode. Most switch transistors with the load in the collector. Simple experiments show if the load, say a light bulb in the collector circuit and the base circuit is switch on you do not loose much energy, just the normal voltage drop.

However when you place the load in the emitter you will loose much more. If you look at the Tesla Switch you will find that some of the devices are inverted in parts of the switch, you will get a loss if not switched correct. Some Tricks, to get the power through the device you must use a base discharge circuit, the audio transformers did this as it was connected between the base and emitter.

Fet's will short the circuit out as they may not turn off or hang on, bad device for this unit. Tip 2, One side must all turn on across the load, turning on three transistors at once with Opto Couplers is the correct way. This means the transistor on the high side must have it's emitter connected to the negative high bank, the collector then receives the load through the low side. The same then takes place on the opposite bank, you will be using power when this happens, trick is to adjust the load so the batteries keep charging through the load.

Do the experiment with three batteries using transistors, bias two of them on with 100 ohm resistors, the third on the negative terminal, high bank is switched inverted load is in the collector to the low bank. Pick the load so that the low bank is charging as you switch this one transistor by hand I will try to post a drawing for everybody here.
          John Bedini

Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
          Wow! That's great. I would stop my other projects to work on this one.
          Your brief "visit" with explanation is highly appreciated - I'm sure, by many of us looking around and trying to revive "forgotten" technologies.

Thank you John

Vtech
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

The Tesla Switch is very difficult to build as most do not understand how a transistor really switches used in a differential mode.
            I'm not sure I understand what You mean by differential mode.

I made a working TS like this a while ago:

shown in a video I made: YouTube - Tesla-switch part 10, full solid-state

It's running at 2.3kHz in the video to get into resonance and it's collecting the emf from the load-coil,
            the way I made it I don't think it can ever short-circuit,
            but I'm not sure how to use it yet, so I'm giving it a rest until I get a new idea,
            I guess I just don't understand what it's supposed to do.
            Maybe You can make a suggestion and point me into a direction?

Edit: The signal is pos-zero-neg-zero to let the load-coil discharge when signal-generator is zero.

/Hob
            Last edited by nilrehob; 11-19-2009, 06:39 PM.
            Hob Nilre
            http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

• Simple is Better

Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
              That is cool. And surprising.

Matt
              Hello Mjones
              I very much agree with you. Sometime's we over-think things Guess it's part of being human.I watched your vidio on youtube and would have given you five star's if the rating's had not been disabled.Gave me some ideal's to try when I get the time.Thank's for sharing. Tec

Comment

• Tesla Switch

nilrehob, I think I would understand this first.
                John

Originally posted by nilrehob View Post
                I'm not sure I understand what You mean by differential mode.

I made a working TS like this a while ago:

shown in a video I made: YouTube - Tesla-switch part 10, full solid-state

It's running at 2.3kHz in the video to get into resonance and it's collecting the emf from the load-coil,
                the way I made it I don't think it can ever short-circuit,
                but I'm not sure how to use it yet, so I'm giving it a rest until I get a new idea,
                I guess I just don't understand what it's supposed to do.
                Maybe You can make a suggestion and point me into a direction?

Edit: The signal is pos-zero-neg-zero to let the load-coil discharge when signal-generator is zero.

/Hob
                Last edited by John_Bedini; 11-20-2010, 04:59 PM.
                John Bedini
                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John, thanks for the illustration, so the load sets up for the current draw, thus creating a potiental difference allowing the biasing of the transistors. This load then can only be inductive right? I mean not a motor or of a capactive nature.

Thanks

Bit's

Comment

nilrehob, I think I would understand this first.
                    John
                    Thanks for the advice, John.
                    I'll try out that as well.

Getting my circuit to work is not a problem. It works.

What I meant by "I guess I just don't understand what it's supposed to do" is that I don't see the point with it.
                    My impression is that the two driving batteries in series and the two charging batteries in parallel equals one single battery.
                    Why not just make a H-bridge using 1 battery and collect the energy in the collapsing field from the load-coil, assuming the load should be a coil that is?
                    So what is it that I'm missing?

/Hob
                    Hob Nilre
                    http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Bit's-n-Bytes,
                      That is correct, You must understand the switching first. For those that do not know what to do with the circuit it is simple. The switch was designed for a system to run motors or lights and keep the batteries charged. If you keep the batteries charged running a load that is energy for free.

I have seen all the circuits people have made, some use Fet's others think they need diodes across the transistors and so on. This is not the way to do it. As I said some of the circuit is inverted in potential and requires balancing to get the charge and discharge correct. I for one do not want to take my batteries out to charge them when I can get this for free by balancing the load. So if you understand the experiment and the load you can charge your batteries for free. Keep up your work, I will help all I can.
                      John B

Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
                      John, thanks for the illustration, so the load sets up for the current draw, thus creating a potiental difference allowing the biasing of the transistors. This load then can only be inductive right? I mean not a motor or of a capactive nature.

Thanks

Bit's
                      John Bedini
                      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Thank you John.

Bit's

Comment

Ronald Brandt did not invent the switch as he just was trying to figure out what the circuit was that was powering his electric car and why it kept blowing up. He sent me a block diagram of what he thought the circuit was.
                          Thank you for your work on this circuit, I am a new member that is also interested in powering an electric car. I have not found much info on Ron's electric car and this is the first that I heard that "it kept blowing up". Do you have any other information on the car Ron had? Was it the Tesla switch or some other device that was blowing up?

Jason

Comment

• I am looking into building this circuit. I have worked with PLC's for many years and as a lay-off parting gift I was given some hardware. I was thinking of starting with this hardware to build a circuit with the ability to fine tune switching speed and sequencing if necessary.

My current proposed plan is to use 6 relays on one PLC output card to switch between 4 batteries and start with a switching sequence outlined by DoubleD post 352 quoted below.
                            Originally posted by DoubleD View Post
                            Now the diodes are arranged so that there is 2 pulses that go no where (Dead Time)then for the next 3 counts the diodes tie to one output this is to one of the SERIES fets in the switch, now during the 2nd and 3rd count of the 3 there are other diodes also on the pins these tie together for the Parallel fets on the other half of the switch. then there is 2 more Dead counts and the same sequence for the other side of the switch then the counter resets and it repeats in a constant loop to provide a very acurate trigger circuit.

So the series fet is ON for 1 count then the Parallel fets turn on and they are all 3 on for 2 more counts. then EVERYTHING OFF for 2 counts, then Switch to the other side of the circuit and repeat.
                            Would it be best to work out a three battery arrangement?

Jason

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Helijason,
                              What I was told at the time is the transistors just kept exploding, this is in 1984. Ron did not have circuit diagram, just a block diagram of the switch drawn with circles and boxes for transistors. I only had this to work with which I did do from what I understood. I do not know about his later cars, but I can tell you this it did not use the switch I designed. We will never know the whole truth as Jim Watson and Ron will never tell anything anymore. I was told to shut up, but that time has passed. If you have information then by all means let's talk. Good luck on your car.
                              John B

Originally posted by Helijason View Post
                              Thank you for your work on this circuit, I am a new member that is also interested in powering an electric car. I have not found much info on Ron's electric car and this is the first that I heard that "it kept blowing up". Do you have any other information on the car Ron had? Was it the Tesla switch or some other device that was blowing up?

Jason
                              John Bedini
                              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Scarar Charger( Bill Jenkins Show)

Helijason,
                                Three battery system can be done, it is known as Scalar Battery Charger, I don't know where you would get top-hat PNP Germanium 108's at this time. But I have been very successful at using NPN's in this circuit with diode capacitor discharge on all the base circuits, also Energenx capacitor charger circuit is all defined under the company patent, including Tesla Switch running with capacitors.All these circuits were posted when the internet first started, my original pages. I have done relays including car solenoids after a time they stick shorting things out. Can you get them to go fast enough without sticking? It was also known as the Ray and Bill charger 1985.
                                John

Originally posted by Helijason View Post
                                I am looking into building this circuit. I have worked with PLC's for many years and as a lay-off parting gift I was given some hardware. I was thinking of starting with this hardware to build a circuit with the ability to fine tune switching speed and sequencing if necessary.

My current proposed plan is to use 6 relays on one PLC output card to switch between 4 batteries and start with a switching sequence outlined by DoubleD post 352 quoted below.

Would it be best to work out a three battery arrangement?

Jason
                                John Bedini
                                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Working...
                                X