Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John,
    Your explanation is very clear and I think I got the "picture". Now it's time to work on it. I'm very grateful for everything you shared in the past and now. Thanks to you I got back to electronics after 25yrs. You even inspired my wife, (who is an artist) and she helped with winding coils for all your replications

Thank you

Vtech
    'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• The PLC hardware that I have (Relays) have a maximum frequency of 60 hz. I've seen frequency ranges from ~18 hz - khz. Does anybody have a rule of thumb for frequencies needed?

Thanks, Jason

Comment

• Originally posted by Helijason View Post
        The PLC hardware that I have (Relays) have a maximum frequency of 60 hz. I've seen frequency ranges from ~18 hz - khz. Does anybody have a rule of thumb for frequencies needed?

Thanks, Jason
        Hi Jason, I am going to go Way out on a limb here and take a stab at the switching circuit. I believe John has used a SG1524 (Microsemi) oscillator that has two basic functions. First there is two "non-comitted" collectors that basically can be used for the "Flip / Flop" or "on / off" action resulting in S1, S3, and S6 to bias together (fire in Johns illustration) then biasing S2, S4 and S5. The second part of this chip has a "Comparator" circuit that must take a look at the values at D9 / D10 and D1 / D5 and uses that in the "Flip / Flop" action. So to answer your question on the Frequency range, I believe as long as you keep the group of switches (transistors or relays) balanced and are compairing the references of D9,D10 and D1,D5 to initiate the switching that frequency considerations is not necessary.

I am gathering all of the pieces to test my theories.

Thanks

Bit's

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
          Hi Jason, I am going to go Way out on a limb here and take a stab at the switching circuit. I believe John has used a SG1524 (Microsemi) oscillator
          Bit's, Are you sure they weren't SG3524?

Vtech
          'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
            Bit's, Are you sure they weren't SG3524?

Vtech

Those would work as well.

Bit's

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Hi John K,
              Nice to talk to you the other day by phone. Yes the Tesla Switch is a impedance device. We have two Tesla Switches here. The old version using audio transformers. The much newer version using Opto switching, I would go with the latter. I find allot of questions here and will try to get to them all. I look at it this way the years have past, the people that did not want this out in the public for fear it might work are all gone now, good by to bad rubbish as now we can talk about this.
              John B

Originally posted by John_K View Post
              John Bedini,

Thanks for all the info. Can't believe it's been a year since I was at your shop. Would have loved to go for a cruise up to the lake in the truck or the 'Vette, maybe next time?

Quick question: We know that the SG loves to be impedance matched - primary to the coil. Is there any similarities with the TS? I've studied the Bill and Ray device, read the Eike Mueller report dozens of times and had good result with impedance matching on a rotored SG.

The clarifier does amazing things! Thanks...

John K.
              John Bedini
              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John
                Are these diagrams of the TS the correct untampered ones?
                THE TESLA SWITCH

Comment

• 3 battery Tesla Switch

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                  Hi John K,
                  Nice to talk to you the other day by phone. Yes the Tesla Switch is a impedance device. We have two Tesla Switches here. The old version using audio transformers. The much newer version using Opto switching, I would go with the latter. I find allot of questions here and will try to get to them all. I look at it this way the years have past, the people that did not want this out in the public for fear it might work are all gone now, good by to bad rubbish as now we can talk about this.
                  John B
                  Hi John

I'm hoping there truly is a sea change with respect to these technologies.
                  We absolutely need to be thinking this way.

I've experimented with the Tesla Switch using relays ... and
                  I have to agree with you that "opto" is probably the way to go.
                  The problem with relays are you don't have a lot of
                  precision with respect to tuning ... and the solenoids take a lot
                  of juice. Relays may be too slow -- although the back EMF
                  spikes are interesting. Opto wouldn't spike like that.
                  I was thinking it would be cool to try to make a 4 battery thing
                  work using 9V Nickel-Metal Hydride ... but I found that these
                  don't really charge well like Lead Acid. Or likely the tuning is different
                  in terms of spiky pulses.

Anyway, this circuit idea is fascinating ... I was able to run
                  motors, incandescent, and various low-resistive loads --
                  after using full-wave bridge rectifier & cap to convert back to DC.
                  But I found that when tuning is wrong, ALL your batteries go dead
                  pretty rapidly. So "tuning" is crucial ... and really what is needed
                  is something whereby the "tuning" could adapt and be smarter.
                  So I thinking a microcontroller might be the best way to
                  fire your "optos". That way a cute little software algorithm
                  could "tune" and "adapt" ... Some sensors would be needed
                  to measure currents and voltages.
                  I see that the PIC32 is easy as pie to program and there are
                  sensors now for measuring voltage, current, power making
                  it possible for a program to know what is occurring ... and
                  "tune" opto firing rates.
                  The Japanese are brilliant with "fuzzy logic" which is simply
                  an algorithm that uses a "go faster when needed ... go
                  slower when needed" ... very subjective control. But it works.
                  This is better than the LINEAR approach since "fuzzy" can
                  adapt to wild changes ... which occurs around resonance.

Meanwhile, it might also be interesting to put together
                  a 3 battery circuit ... where the ganging of two to create
                  a higher voltage for the 3rd to be charged with ... would
                  rotate around in a circle.
                  Such an approach would require "less parts" perhaps ...

Just thinking out loud.
                  The Tesla Switch is awesome!!!
                  I encourage people to innovate around this approach.

Comment

• Everyone!!! Might I make a suggestion. Ya'll should slow down. Everybody has got an individual direction to go in.
                    Maybe ya'll should pick one project to attempt to built it in a consorted effort. Pick your parts and then everyone can talk about the one effort. You might be a little more successful and you might even keep the attention on this thread for a bit. After all the man has got a day job.

Just my 2 cents though.

Helijason@The PLC hardware that I have (Relays) have a maximum frequency of 60 hz. I've seen frequency ranges from ~18 hz - khz. Does anybody have a rule of thumb for frequencies needed?
                    Thats based on your load. You have to watch the charging of the battery. What gets the work done and still allows energy to flow from side to side.

When you hit it, you will see your batteries come out of a load state quikly and appear to be charging in the short term (Hopefully longterm). Or in other words the potential will drop at start up then climb out, and above the original standing voltage.

morpher44@The problem with relays are you don't have a lot of
                    precision with respect to tuning
                    Solid states work really well.As long as they are a relatively fast.
                    ------
                    I am happy this thread picked up a little life.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by morpher44 View Post
                      ... and really what is needed
                      is something whereby the "tuning" could adapt and be smarter.
                      So I thinking a microcontroller might be the best way to
                      fire your "optos".
                      Perfect line of thinking Morpher. I am working up a design using a PICAXE 18X with opto's as we speak. The fine tuninig can be done in the code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                        Everyone!!! Might I make a suggestion. Ya'll should slow down.
                        Matt
                        Matthew Johns, the voice of reason! Build what John says, then branch out AFTER you have a successful build. This is why John Bedini stops communicating with groups like this. Off on 1000 tangents, never building what he suggests will work.

After you have it working, then talk, suggest, build smarter, etc., but shut the h e double toothpicks up until you have a working simple model. Matthew is the leader on this group as far as I'm concerned and JB is the expert. Let's not piss the big man off...or Matt either.

Leroy

Comment

• Tesla switch

nvisser,
                          Yes this is from my old internet pages, the diagram is correct. But if you wait I will be posting more information as to what we are doing with the kit. The kit is the opto unit to get everybody to understand the circuits I'm now working with. All new stuff. will be posting pictures of the board.
                          John B

Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                          John
                          Are these diagrams of the TS the correct untampered ones?
                          THE TESLA SWITCH
                          John Bedini
                          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Well you are not to far out, but there is a big difference in PWM chips.
                            The best ever made are the RCA, gone forever, SG gone forever. Why do I say this because they did very low frequency pulses. The one you have mentioned Microsemi is real crap, the next best piece of crap is the TI but you can get this one to work. In my prototype here I had to dig one SG out of my junk box to make this machine work that I will be posting a picture of. I have changed the comparator circuit. The original circuit used the amplifier function to detect changes in the surrounding area, we don't need it. Also in the picture you will be seeing four Nickel Hydride batteries 7.2 volts each from the Toyota Prius. I'm running this circuit on low voltage until it gains balance.
                            John B

Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
                            Hi Jason, I am going to go Way out on a limb here and take a stab at the switching circuit. I believe John has used a SG1524 (Microsemi) oscillator that has two basic functions. First there is two "non-comitted" collectors that basically can be used for the "Flip / Flop" or "on / off" action resulting in S1, S3, and S6 to bias together (fire in Johns illustration) then biasing S2, S4 and S5. The second part of this chip has a "Comparator" circuit that must take a look at the values at D9 / D10 and D1 / D5 and uses that in the "Flip / Flop" action. So to answer your question on the Frequency range, I believe as long as you keep the group of switches (transistors or relays) balanced and are compairing the references of D9,D10 and D1,D5 to initiate the switching that frequency considerations is not necessary.

I am gathering all of the pieces to test my theories.

Thanks

Bit's
                            John Bedini
                            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Here are some pictures for now until I return later.
                              John B

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                              Well you are not to far out, but there is a big difference in PWM chips.
                              The best ever made are the RCA, gone forever, SG gone forever. Why do I say this because they did very low frequency pulses. The one you have mentioned Microsemi is real crap, the next best piece of crap is the TI but you can get this one to work. In my prototype here I had to dig one SG out of my junk box to make this machine work that I will be posting a picture of. I have changed the comparator circuit. The original circuit used the amplifier function to detect changes in the surrounding area, we don't need it. Also in the picture you will be seeing four Nickel Hydride batteries 7.2 volts each from the Toyota Prius. I'm running this circuit on low voltage until it gains balance.
                              John B
                              Attached Files
                              John Bedini
                              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Tesla Switch

I got the 3 battery system to work. I built exactly as per John Bedini's picture, using 2N3055's.

I used a 12V #47 bulb as a load. Batteries are 12V 7Ah gel-cells.

At the start of a short run:
                                B1 - 13.17
                                B2 - 12.92
                                B3 - 12.73

After running for about 5 minutes:
                                B1 - 12.90
                                B2 - 12.63
                                B3 - 15.70

After 1 hour rest:
                                B1 - 13.16
                                B2 - 12.90
                                B3 - 12.92

That's a net gain, plus some free light.

Just getting to know the circuit, then will start rotating batteries around.

John K.
                                http://teslagenx.com

Comment

Working...
                                X