Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scope shot

Hello guys,
    I put my scope over the load, first trace is with very short d.c, load very dimm. After increasing d.c a bit I'm getting something like that - . I reduced capacitance in fix 3524.

Vtech
    'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Leroy,

Yes I have asked questions. And you are correct about the two devices, but I'm going to change those devices around and not use transistors or Fet's at all to do this. Think about what I said in the beginning about what the switch is. It works with potentials.

That means when switching and running the load it look's like the battery is never used. just because you fall .2V does not mean a thing. It's nice to have a load running but not an ideal condition since you can pull load from any of the four batteries by stopping the switch. I'm going to load test my batteries after they sit sometime, I want to see the surface charge and then the load charge.

I'm all about potential charging and any device can be made to use just potential. I know that everybody is looking for current to run things, but that is not what this lesson is about. This lesson is about using potential energy flow and how to balance it. My science goes much deeper then this as I want to use things in the circuit you normally would not use for switching potential, as it can be made to mimic the transistor or Fet, you'll see when I post pictures of what it is doing. I must do allot of work with the transforms and differential equations to do this, Peter and I have already talked about all of this, so soon I will say what I want too about it.
      John B
      John Bedini
      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Pulsing the Load

John B's last post has my head spinning - . . .

And a silly thought popped up. Since some are using PWM to cycle the switching one wonders what the overall impact would be to use a 2cd PWM channel to pulse the load (if any) with just potential and minimal charge from the rectifier/cap. Maybe pulse the load between switchings. I'm hypothesizing that there is a relationship to be found between the 'pulsing' of the load and its dynamics in terms of duty cycle (and period) and the duty cycle and period of the switching, per se. Collect the surface charge in the cap - delay some - detach - and pulse/transfer outward with as sharp a voltage gradient as possible is the thought. And yet again, maybe I had something bad for lunch . . .

Plazma

Comment

• Originally posted by Plazma View Post
          John B's last post has my head spinning - . . .Plazma
          You're not alone Plazma
          I just switched my circuit to 6V still works but different shape trace and very small d.c. but batteries stable, so far.

Thanks
          Vtech
          'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Analog switching

I'm going to show my lack of experience designing analog circuits, but I'll take a poke at what may be going on.

Capacitors when charged up have a potential and will stop flowing current. So in effect it's like a switch. I guess you need to have current to charge it up in the first place.

It's been awhile since I looked at frequency and time domain conversions, but that is what I've seen Tom Beardon has on his website, though it looks like we are trying to produce holes in our traces/copper wire. It reminds me of communications that I studied (one quarter course) When a signal is sent down a wire there becomes twice the voltage at the receiving end. Then it gets bounced back to the receiver end. This is why we put resisters at the beginning and end of a long communication cable to keep it signals clean for the next bit.

I know I'm just rambling, but trying to understand the theory/idea!

Regards, Jason

Comment

• My diode as a gate

Hi Jason,

I've had a similar thought about transmission lines and terminators like you mention. Another little quirk is diodes - they have a finite switching/blocking time as they see potential - question is, block what? Electrons . . . if so, radiant or negative energy might treat the diode like a wave guide and keep right on trucking along without the electrons as left at the last junction.

Ramble on . . . you've got company.

Cheers,

Plazma

Originally posted by Helijason View Post
              I'm going to show my lack of experience designing analog circuits, but I'll take a poke at what may be going on.

Capacitors when charged up have a potential and will stop flowing current. So in effect it's like a switch. I guess you need to have current to charge it up in the first place.

It's been awhile since I looked at frequency and time domain conversions, but that is what I've seen Tom Beardon has on his website, though it looks like we are trying to produce holes in our traces/copper wire. It reminds me of communications that I studied (one quarter course) When a signal is sent down a wire there becomes twice the voltage at the receiving end. Then it gets bounced back to the receiver end. This is why we put resisters at the beginning and end of a long communication cable to keep it signals clean for the next bit.

I know I'm just rambling, but trying to understand the theory/idea!

Regards, Jason

Comment

• Gotta try some things

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                Leroy,

Yes I have asked questions. And you are correct about the two devices, but I'm going to change those devices around and not use transistors or Fet's at all to do this. Think about what I said in the beginning about what the switch is. It works with potentials.

That means when switching and running the load it look's like the battery is never used. just because you fall .2V does not mean a thing. It's nice to have a load running but not an ideal condition since you can pull load from any of the four batteries by stopping the switch. I'm going to load test my batteries after they sit sometime, I want to see the surface charge and then the load charge.

I'm all about potential charging and any device can be made to use just potential. I know that everybody is looking for current to run things, but that is not what this lesson is about. This lesson is about using potential energy flow and how to balance it. My science goes much deeper then this as I want to use things in the circuit you normally would not use for switching potential, as it can be made to mimic the transistor or Fet, you'll see when I post pictures of what it is doing. I must do allot of work with the transforms and differential equations to do this, Peter and I have already talked about all of this, so soon I will say what I want too about it.
                John B
                I thank you for the reply. I knew it would work, because of the potential and where it is coming from...the switch..the ONE transistor.

There are many devices of which I am unfamiliar, though, I believe I know the one you would like to use. I have some ideas.....! Thanks.

I look forward to your post. Did you ever mention where you thought the original circuit came from?

Leroy
                Last edited by ldissing; 11-30-2009, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• I hate to quote myself!

Originally posted by ldissing View Post
                  There are many devices of which I am unfamiliar, though, I believe I know the one you would like to use. I have some ideas.....! Thanks.
                  Leroy
                  On the simulator, it seems to work very well JB. I will try in hard logic now.

Leroy

Comment

• Discovery?

On the simulator, it seems to work very well JB. I will try in hard logic now.

Leroy
                    JB, it works!

Leroy

P.S. Do you want me to post my discovery?

Comment

• Tesla Switch

OK, I have changed my circuit around now. in place of the load I'm using a 1000Uh inductor and a #47 bulb across it in series with the plus terminal of the battery. I have also reduced the capacitors to 470UF 35V.

I have decided to use SCR's in the series switch in reverse potential. In Other Words, it is a mimic of a transistor working reverse My max speed is 635 Hz when the light turns on across the inductor. When I want to look at the charging I slow the switch down to 9Hz the duty cycle is about 40% adjusted with pin one with an 18 K resistor to ground on the SG3524.

It has been running all day and the battery is where it was standing at 13.05 when my first post was sent to answer Leroy. I have not yet changed the transistor fill side as I want to think about the best way. The waveforms show that the real potential is over 35 volts. In the slow position is when the charging takes place as the battery needs time to gain charge. More later as I watch it.

My meter is a Simpson 260 so this meter takes power to measure, it's not digital. You close the circuit when you want to charge the battery. Don't let me spin your head as I have been doing this type of work for a real long time.

John B
                      John Bedini
                      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• tesla Switch

Yes By all means.
                        John B

JB, it works!

Leroy

P.S. Do you want me to post my discovery?
                        John Bedini
                        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Crap

OK, I have changed my circuit around now. in place of the load I'm using a 1000Uh inductor and a #47 bulb across it in series with the plus terminal of the battery. I have also reduced the capacitors to 470UF 35V.

I have decided to use SCR's in the series switch in reverse potential. In Other Words, it is a mimic of a transistor working reverse My max speed is 635 Hz when the light turns on across the inductor. When I want to look at the charging I slow the switch down to 9Hz the duty cycle is about 40% adjusted with pin one with an 18 K resistor to ground on the SG3524.

It has been running all day and the battery is where it was standing at 13.05 when my first post was sent to answer Leroy. I have not yet changed the transistor fill side as I want to think about the best way. The waveforms show that the real potential is over 35 volts. In the slow position is when the charging takes place as the battery needs time to gain charge. More later as I watch it.

My meter is a Simpson 260 so this meter takes power to measure, it's not digital. You close the circuit when you want to charge the battery. Don't let me spin your head as I have been doing this type of work for a real long time.

John B
                          Crap, JB....your stole my thunder.....! SCR...that was the device.

Leroy

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Leroy,
                            Day's ago I wanted to do that, but watch the impedance it's very important when you do the four batteries. I have allot of fun with inverted circuits. You can do so much more with them. I don't like the differential equations it look's like hieroglyphics when I get done on paper. But go ahead and say what you did to find this. I think they can follow along, although some will violently through fit's.
                            John B
                            Last edited by John_Bedini; 11-30-2009, 02:25 AM.
                            John Bedini
                            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Differential Equations!

Leroy,
                              Day's ago I wanted to do that, but watch the impedance it very important when you do the four batteries. I have allot of fun with inverted circuits. You can do so much more with them. I don't like the differential equations it look's like hieroglyphics when I get done on paper. But go ahead and say what you did to find this. I think they can follow along, although some will violently through fit's.
                              John B
                              Man, I was a wiz at differential equations in college. It was sooooo easy for me to do that stuff. That was 20+ years ago though...I've forgotten everything I ever knew.

I didn't do anything...intuitively I know the SCR is a potential driven device. I've heard you and Bearden talk enough about this device to know it was the right one. Glad I wasn't wrong. Only hooked it up directly after my post....and bingo....IT WORKS! The wave form is different though...although I'm testing some different batteries...just to see what would happen.

The interesting thing about an SCR, is that once it is turned on with a tiny amount of current, it stays on....until the current stops through the anode/cathode. So, in this situation, it will allow a bunch of current through with a tiny power input (not much current)...then you can shut the potential off to the base and it will stay on until the other one switches on...and stops the current though the first one. It is as easy as pie once you think about it. I've been studying you and your circuits for a LONG time. Sometimes I like to imagine that I think like you do!

Leroy

Comment

• Now, this is funny!

Just about half an hour ago I was thinking loud and said to my wife: what if I use thyristor to switch? They work with small potential and switch sharp. I use them alot in 70 in lightning devices for disco clubs - you must remember them: 3 or more sets of lights with color lenses, pulsed via thyristors from PA. Of course there were filters to separate frequencies.
                                Could we substitute all transistor switches with SCR's?

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                                X