Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off

Nice work guys, it didn't occur to me that the scr would switch off when the other two batteries went into series.

Schematic? I only just figured out how the transistors based TS works.

I taught myself to read and write when I was three years old (sesame street) and I'm still learning.

Such a steep learning curve.

Edit: yes, I'm just complaining.
    Last edited by Inquorate; 11-30-2009, 03:16 AM.
    Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
      Just about half an hour ago I was thinking loud and said to my wife: what if I use thyristor to switch? They work with small potential and switch sharp. I use them alot in 70 in lightning devices for disco clubs - you must remember them: 3 or more sets of lights with color lenses, pulsed via thyristors from PA. Of course there were filters to separate frequencies.
      Could we substitute all transistor switches with SCR's?

Vtech
      You only need two scrs....you haven't kept up with the posts. Six transistors can be replaced with two....or two SCRs.... NICE!

Leroy

Comment

• Well

Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
        Nice work guys, it didn't occur to me that the scr would switch off when the other two batteries went into series.

Schematic? I only just figured out how the transistors based TS works.

I taught myself to read and write when I was three years old (sesame street) and I'm still learning.

Such a steep learning curve.

Edit: yes, I'm just complaining.
        When you think about it...will it? If the two batteries in series (originally) are at a higher potential than the two you just put into series...isn't there still a potential difference between the two to keep the first one on?

What happens when that is the case? When will the first SCR turn off? Will the second one even turn ON? Ah, so many questions...potential, potential, potential. We have so much potential....can we focus?

Leroy
        Last edited by ldissing; 11-30-2009, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Question for JB

JB,

It is okay if i call you JB?

Anyway, what in the world does the duty cycle have to do with anything in the SCR case? I guess, the SCR would "normally" shut off when the potential matched, but the duty cycle """"could""" keep it on if they were equal. I don't think so. They duty cycle doesn't matter, but the frequency does! The frequency determines when the "other" SCR will turn on, but "only" if the other one is at a lower potential. It is a game...which one is winning with an SCR potential switch??? NO?

Leroy

Comment

• Ah, now I see it...

Originally posted by ldissing View Post
            You only need two scrs....you haven't kept up with the posts. Six transistors can be replaced with two....or two SCRs.... NICE!

Leroy
            Watch my ts commutator video if you need help working it out; essentially you wire the batteries series to parallel with diodes so they don't short.

When either transistor is turned on, the other turns off, and the cycle of charge discharge swaps.
            Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Nice

Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
              Watch my ts commutator video if you need help working it out; essentially you wire the batteries series to parallel with diodes so they don't short.

When either transistor is turned on, the other turns off, and the cycle of charge discharge swaps.
              Ah, controversy. No need!
              AND, I did not post that to you!
              Leroy
              Last edited by ldissing; 11-30-2009, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• Misinterpretation

Ah, controversy. No need!

AND, I did not post that to you!

Leroy
                @all - when I say 'you' I mean the generic you; everyone.

If I am addressing a specific person, I usually use the @ symbol, and always refer to them by name.

@ ldissing - Hence I was agreeing with you.. Also, as you did not refer to me directly I did not assume your post was directed at me.

Love and light

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
                  @all - when I say 'you' I mean the generic you; everyone.

If I am addressing a specific person, I usually use the @ symbol, and always refer to them by name.

@ ldissing - Hence I was agreeing with you.. Also, as you did not refer to me directly I did not assume your post was directed at me.

Love and light
                  When you quote someone, it seems like you are speaking to them directly. I quote people and do this intentionally so they know I'm speaking to them but others can obviously answer. You know, this forum etiquette is hard to get down. No offense. Old dog, but can learn....maybe.

Being defense....habit, sorry.

Leroy
                  Last edited by ldissing; 11-30-2009, 04:14 AM.

Comment

• No worries

You know, this forum etiquette is hard to get down. No offense. Old dog, but can learn....maybe.

Being defense....habit, sorry.

Leroy
                    I'm glad you voiced your concerns, and pleased to be able to reassure you I meant no offence.

Peace

Comment

I'm glad you voiced your concerns, and pleased to be able to reassure you I meant no offence.

Peace
                      Excellent! We can become....ONE!

Do you have the answers to the questions...? I hope so? I have my thoughts, my experiments, but to confirm with another....the holy grail!

Leroy

Comment

• answers

@ ldissing - I think I know how to make scr's to work, but barely have a grip on it.. I'll see if I can draw up a schematic; the more I drew out the transistor version, asking myself 'why is that part necessary? What does it do?' the more I understood until it clicked.

I've got surgery tomorrow but will see what I can do..

Comment

@ ldissing - I think I know how to make scr's to work, but barely have a grip on it.. I'll see if I can draw up a schematic; the more I drew out the transistor version, asking myself 'why is that part necessary? What does it do?' the more I understood until it clicked.

I've got surgery tomorrow but will see what I can do..
                          @Inquorate:

At me...I understand. I will tell you the setup, so you can visualize.

The anode is the same as the collector of the transistor. The cathode is the same as the emitter of the transistor. The base is the base. It is the inverted circuit. It works the same way, but on potential, so you are all set. The tranny is just replaced with the SCR which does it more eloquently (and with less power).

Leroy
                          Last edited by ldissing; 11-30-2009, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Brain strain. Need sleep, see you all in a few days.

Scr TS - Vox

Comment

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post

Leroy
                              I missed this one, indeed. Who said about replacing all 6 transistors with only 2 SCR's ?? I understood that we can substitute both serial transistors with SCR's not all of them. Am I wrong?

@Inquorate, take care man

Vtech
                              Last edited by blackchisel97; 12-04-2009, 07:32 AM. Reason: Reason:)
                              'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• @Inquorate,

Thanks for posting the layout... and thank you John!

regards,

Luther
                                Electrostatic charges manipulating magneto-gravitic streams...

Comment

Working...
                                X