• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lamare View Post
    Hi all,

I have postes some interesting info over in this thread:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post76243

It appears that the high voltage spikes JB likes to see in these kind of circuits are capable of creating electrets inside capacitors and probably batteries also. That would perfectly explain the strange phenomena reported by some, which is that "radiant conditioned" capacitors can spontaneously recharge themselves and that "radiant charged" batteries continue charging for sometimes hours after the charging circuit has been disconnected.
    Hi Lamare

I would agree with this and have attached two pdf's I wrote some time ago after noticing dentrite growths on the electrodes of water cells and then subsequently lead acid battery cells.

Regards
    Dave
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by lamare View Post
      Hi all,

I have postes some interesting info over in this thread:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post76243
      It appears that the high voltage spikes JB likes to see in these kind of circuits are capable of creating electrets inside capacitors and probably batteries also. That would perfectly explain the strange phenomena reported by some, which is that "radiant conditioned" capacitors can spontaneously recharge themselves and that "radiant charged" batteries continue charging for sometimes hours after the charging circuit has been disconnected.
      @lamare and Dave,
      It make a lot of sense, at least to me Seems that crystals growth in capacitors and on the surface of battery plates are not just increasing plate surface but much more. Thank you for explanation

Vtech
      'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Frying diodes

@JB,

I was not using power diodes....I didn't think I'd ever need them, but my circuit was hooked up incorrectly. When I hooked it up correctly, I started frying diodes. Now, I may have had it at one time hooked up correctly, and I was just switching to the Brandt version, because before I was using my own cooked up version based on your 3 battery switch. When I did this, my diodes started to fry....Any suggestions on the power diode to use? There are many available out there. I'm guessing a 30-50A is fine, fast shutoff time < 100ns, 35V or better, forward drop, not too important. If you do not want to instruct us on the power diode to use, then some specs would be appreciated.

Maybe it is now hooked up incorrectly. But I checked, rechecked, etc. I did have one diode that was pretty big, put that one in....so it decided to fry a DIFFERENT one. The joys of learning.

I'd love to have a board. Designing one now. Have all the stuff I need to make it, just the design...part and most of that is done.

Leroy

P.S. Sorry to ask...I know you hate that! It will depend on the application, right?
        Last edited by ldissing; 11-30-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Leroy,
          Sorry but work calls, here is my battery test. The battery is out of an alarm box and the battery would not take a charge so I just used it in the test machine. I just left it on the potential switch to see what would happen. At first you can see the surface charge and then it fall down under the 1 amp load which is way to much for this battery, but I did it anyway. so here is what a dead battery did that could not be charged.
          JohnB
          Attached Files
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Tesla Switch

I have been useing the STPS8H100D diodes
            John B

Originally posted by ldissing View Post
            @JB,

I was not using power diodes....I didn't think I'd ever need them, but my circuit was hooked up incorrectly. When I hooked it up correctly, I started frying diodes. Now, I may have had it at one time hooked up correctly, and I was just switching to the Brandt version, because before I was using my own cooked up version based on your 3 battery switch. When I did this, my diodes started to fry....Any suggestions on the power diode to use? There are many available out there. I'm guessing a 30-50A is fine, fast shutoff time < 100ns, 35V or better, forward drop, not too important. If you do not want to instruct us on the power diode to use, then some specs would be appreciated.

Maybe it is now hooked up incorrectly. But I checked, rechecked, etc. I did have one diode that was pretty big, put that one in....so it decided to fry a DIFFERENT one. The joys of learning.

I'd love to have a board. Designing one now. Have all the stuff I need to make it, just the design...part and most of that is done.

Leroy

P.S. Sorry to ask...I know you hate that! It will depend on the application, right?
            John Bedini
            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
              John B
              Datasheet here:

STPS8H100D datasheet pdf datenblatt - STMicroelectronics - HIGH VOLTAGE POWER SCHOTTKY RECTIFIER ::: ALLDATASHEET :::
              Last edited by John_K; 12-01-2009, 01:05 AM.
              http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• SCR PIC controller

Team, here is a first cut schematic of the SCR PIC controller of the TS. Code will follow shortly. Please look over to find mistakes.

Thanks

Bit's
                Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 12-11-2009, 01:09 AM.

Comment

John B
                  Thx, JB.

Found em...ordered em.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
                    Team, here is a first cut schematic of the SCR PIC controller of the TS. Code will follow shortly. Please look over to find mistakes.

Thanks

Bit's
                    I believe you are missing a connection from the diodes going to the right most batteries from the left upper battery. Did not look at your numbering. Could be wrong...check it out.

Leroy

Comment

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
                      I believe you are missing a connection from the diodes going to the right most batteries from the left upper battery. Did not look at your numbering. Could be wrong...check it out.

Leroy
                      It's there (if it is the top line the one your talking about).
                      BTW the diodes used at D2,D6 and D4,D6 are Vishay 30CPU04PbF and the SCR's are F0810BH Fast SCR, 8.0 A 200-800V, 10-25ma (TO-220 case).
                      Thanks

Bit's

Edit; Thanks Leroy
                      Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 12-11-2009, 01:09 AM.

Comment

It's there (if it is the top line the one your talking about).
                        BTW the diodes used at D2,D6 and D4,D6 are Vishay 30CPU04PbF and the SCR's are F0810BH Fast SCR, 8.0 A 200-800V, 10-25ma (TO-220 case).
                        Thanks

Bit's

Edit; Thanks Leroy
                        Sorry, I see it now. I'll be more careful in the future.

D8 has its input from the positive of the 4th battery, not the negative. Hope I'm right this time.

L
                        Last edited by ldissing; 12-01-2009, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
                          Sorry, I see it now. I'll be more careful in the future.

D8 has its input from the positive of the 4th battery, not the negative. Hope I'm right this time.

L
                          Your right, thanks;

Bits
                          Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 01-07-2010, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Bit's,
                            I did not hook up my circuit that way with the optos. They are hooked right to the SCR's. they do not hook to the positive of the battery.
                            John B

Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post

Thanks

Bit's
                            Last edited by John_Bedini; 11-20-2010, 04:58 PM.
                            John Bedini
                            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

http://www.vishay.com/docs/94013/30cpu04p.pdf

F0810BH (STMicroelectronics) - Fast Switching Scr

Vtech
                              'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

Bit's,
                                I did not hook up my circuit that way with the optos. They are hooked right to the SCR's. they do not hook to the positive of the battery.
                                John B
                                Thanks John. I changed the drawing per your design.

Bit's
                                Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 01-07-2010, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X