• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalar Charger

Originally posted by ldissing View Post
    Thx, JB.

Found em...ordered em.
    @JB,

I guess you do not need the power diodes with the scalar charger, would you say that this is correct? If so, I can work on that some more without the power diodes.

The circuit is a lot different with the Brandt TS, JB. Lots of current running around on those parts and traces. Fried my little 4 amp diodes real quick...killed all of them, well one is alive but I don't trust it. Glad I played around with it BEFORE doing the brandt thing. I would not have know what was going on, probably. You must have some serious ground and power planes on the bottom of the board, I did not see any huge ones on the top.

@all

Unfortunately, I'm going to be gone for 3 weeks, so I can not build and test any more because I do not have those power diodes yet. I'm am terribly sorry not to be able to contribute anything for a month. It kills me!

I'll be back though and I'll be able to keep up with the forum while on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by nvisser View Post
      Holy Smoke
      I used a small 1mH coil as load tonight. Still got the 2 x 15000uf caps and transistors in the circuit
      I have never seen so many spikes in my life!
      It currently runs at 300hz with a very small duty cycle of about 3-5%
      They whole dead time areas are full of spikes of 11 kHz at amplitude of 30v!
      It is as if the signal are perfectly modulated
      I have to report this morning that all this energy measured over the coil or over the 2 big caps did not charge the battery. The battery voltage when down from 12.25 to 12.14v overnight

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Double post
        Last edited by John_Bedini; 12-01-2009, 06:11 AM.
        John Bedini
        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Leroy,
          No I adjust all my circuits before I do anything with current as it stops what I'm looking for. After building current sucking circuits with power amplifiers I have learned my lesson. I quit doing that when I met Tom Bearden because we know that current is just the dissipation of electricity killing the dipole.

You always gain big benefits when you do not use current, circuits run much cooler and things last much longer. In amplifiers we developed what we called feed forward for class A amplifiers, it's in the books. Peter and I talked about this tonight.

You are looking for potential as that is the voltage, it still contains everything except you do not kill the dipole in the circuit. As an Engineer you should strive for the lowest current in all your circuits.

When I tested the battery, I should have tested the battery at the C20 rate instead of at the C5 rate. Tomorrow I will test it again as I did not charge that battery I left it dead. I want to see if something happens to it. So my test will be the C20 rate and I will post the chart again.

I'm striving for the circuit that looks like the battery is not being used but the circuit is running, and I will get it. have a good trip Leroy, I know you will be thinking about all this. This is an excellent group of people and we will have allot to talk about in the coming weeks.
          John B
          Last edited by John_Bedini; 12-01-2009, 06:14 AM.
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Tesla Switch

nvisser.
            This is only the first running switch more test are needed. It's all in the balance of the circuit, dont give up yet, give up after 30 years.
            John B

Originally posted by nvisser View Post
            I have to report this morning that all this energy measured over the coil or over the 2 big caps did not charge the battery. The battery voltage when down from 12.25 to 12.14v overnight
            John Bedini
            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Tesla Circuit

double post, Ha computers
              Last edited by John_Bedini; 12-01-2009, 06:12 AM.
              John Bedini
              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Impressive

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                Leroy,
                No I adjust all my circuits before I do anything with current as it stops what I'm looking for. After building current sucking circuits with power amplifiers I have learned my lesson. I quit doing that when I met Tom Bearden because we know that current is just the dissipation of electricity killing the dipole.

You always gain big benefits when you do not use current, circuits run much cooler and things last much longer. In amplifiers we developed what we called feed forward for class A amplifiers, it's in the books. Peter and I talked about this tonight.

You are looking for potential as that is the voltage, it still contains everything except you do not kill the dipole in the circuit. As an Engineer you should strive for the lowest current in all your circuits.

When I tested the battery, I should have tested the battery at the C20 rate instead of at the C5 rate. Tomorrow I will test it again as I did not charge that battery I left it dead. I want to see if something happens to it. So my test will be the C20 rate and I will post the chart again.

I'm striving for the circuit that looks like the battery is not being used but the circuit is running, and I will get it. have a good trip Leroy, I know you will be thinking about all this. This is an excellent group of people and we will have allot to talk about in the coming weeks.
                John B
                Hi John,

I'd say your first test was impressive for a battery that wouldn't take a charge. I'm tipping that the 4.2Ah battery out of the alarm box is a half dried out gel-cell as well? You got about 33% at C5 on the first cycle, pretty good IMO.
                It will be interesting to see how far it bounces back up after a good rest.
                More than one way to make to make an electret, eh?

John K.
                http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• 9V drop on 55W/12V bulb

@Hello John K

I am trying to do the basic 3-battery test without pulsing.
                  Your test report is interesting to me saying that there is only 9V drop across
                  55W/12V hologen lamp.
                  I think (from my test) it's very hard to keep charging the battery when the
                  the voltage drop across load goes over 8V on my test.
                  I would like to ask if it's related with the negative resistance in the TRs.
                  That means if one of your transistors goes to the negative resistor state.

I want to get the bus on this time Mr John Bedini showing up for teaching.
                  Ah! I finally understood 'the potential streaming' from John Bedini's recent teaching. thanks.

Regards,

Jang YoungDeuk

Originally posted by John_K View Post
                  Leroy,

Yeah, neat, huh? The bulb isn't real bright 'cos there's only around 9v drop across it. JB calls for a low resistance load. I played with a few, the #47 bulb was a bit too high on the resistance (2.3 ohms) - the 55w measured around 0.9 ohms. I'm trying to work on impedance matching theory...

Sure did, awesome! All of the posts on the full TS are over my head right now. I'll let you guys figure everything out whilst I'm playing with the 3 batt test circuit. Yes, it's a pain in the butt rotating batteries... but worth it!

John K.
                  Last edited by JANGYD; 12-01-2009, 10:52 AM. Reason: error on spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                    nvisser.
                    This is only the first running switch more test are needed. It's all in the balance of the circuit, dont give up yet, give up after 30 years.
                    John B
                    In 30 years time I will be 81 or maybe in a coffin with a TS and a eternal light burning next to me!

Comment

• Understanding

Leroy,

John B
                      Thank you JB. I HOPE my understanding is gravitating upward.

Yes, like the scalar charger. You can use it, but it charges instead of decreasing....or when you reach a balance...then the battery just sits there.

BUT, I hate to say but....maybe you can help me understand HOW to control the current. When the SCR is turned on, even for a brief moment, then the potentials start running around looking for a place to go. They will find a place in the other two batteries through the power diodes, so potential has found it's target and the current WILL come if it gets a chance. When you connect 24V to 12V, the current is gonna want to be high unless there is something to stop it from being high...like some impedance...OR, maybe an SCR with a low flow of current, OR it is switched just before the current flows, ah. But that will mean that the duty cycle is almost zero, which was about where I was going before. Able to light the light with almost no duty cycle. We switch the SCR just before the current starts to flow...just when the potential finds it's mark, but before any electrons can actually start to flow.

Now, in the capacitor part, there will not be a huge current flowing, that is all potential differences.

If I understand you, the idea to switch it off really fast and completely at just the point before current flows...notice I said nothing about potentials. Ah, this is probably always the thing to do....to keep the current low. If this is the case, then I should not need power diodes or big traces on the board? Because I didn't THINK about what was going to happen yesterday, I blew up the diodes, I did not have it set up to allow me to gauge that current. My duty cycle to high, and the freq to low. However, I did think about it afterwards, had some even smaller diodes and I did set it up so that I could turn the system "on" and no frying diodes, but no potential either. But, just a tweak with the duty cycle and diodes gone. Was I even in the ball park?

Am I understanding anything, or talking gibberish?

Leroy
                      Last edited by ldissing; 12-01-2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Well, I will be in the coffin next to you, but then we have plastic don't we.
                        And everything else under the sun. So we just keep trying.
                        JB

Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                        In 30 years time I will be 81 or maybe in a coffin with a TS and a eternal light burning next to me!
                        John Bedini
                        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Leroy,
                          Let me keep goofing around with this, I will keep the whole group informed as to what I'm doing. I just do not jump at things anymore. I make allot of mistakes too. But I have three jobs here at work so I will get to things when I have a free moment.

It's been thirty years since I have played with this switch. I forgot most of it, but it's a good thing I kept some notes here. With the new parts things have changed so I must learn this over again. I know that I must follow the basic instructions given to me, but the parts are much different now.

I spend allot of time looking at parts to see if they will work. Everybody should not expect to have things work the first time as this energy is tricky. The SG is one thing, the Window Motor is something else again, the Tesla Switch is far more complex then everybody thinks, but I'm working along with everybody.
                          John B
                          John Bedini
                          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• I hear you

Leroy,
                            Let me keep goofing around with this, I will keep the whole group informed as to what I'm doing. I just do not jump at things anymore. I make allot of mistakes too. But I have three jobs here at work so I will get to things when I have a free moment.

It's been thirty years since I have played with this switch. I forgot most of it, but it's a good thing I kept some notes here. With the new parts things have changed so I must learn this over again. I know that I must follow the basic instructions given to me, but the parts are much different now.

I spend allot of time looking at parts to see if they will work. Everybody should not expect to have things work the first time as this energy is tricky. The SG is one thing, the Window Motor is something else again, the Tesla Switch is far more complex then everybody thinks, but I'm working along with everybody.
                            John B
                            I had some old power supplies around, so I took some parts off of them. Couple of nice power diodes, couple of SCRs, some really nice bridges, big ole' power resistors, etc. I'd like to know what SCRs you are using, because I've fried several so far...I went back to my original setup, thinking that the load was limiting the current through the system...as it should. Not really using potential the way you've suggested in this setup, but the potential between batteries directly. I guess I'm not at my best, because something is majorly wrong and even 10A power diodes like to fizzle at this. I thought, I'll adjust the duty cycle so low, that it is barely noticeable but I can't even get there, I'm at a loss, time for a break so I can clear my head, prepare for my trip and think some things over. Sometimes walking away for a couple of hours does wonders for me.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Leroy

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Hi everyone.

I am wondering if there was any thought given to my first post.

Why not, of it is the spike we are chasing, simply build a device capable of catching it from the source??

Daniel.

Comment

• HI all,

Quick question. Which circuit is everyone testing. I have read back from the point when John B started his input but it seems to me that everyone is testing a different circuit.

Cheers,

Steve.
                                You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

Working...
                                X