Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
    Bit's, that is looking much better. For those that are having problems with the SG3524n regulator. Tie pins 4 and 5 to ground put a 4.5 k resistor from pin 16 to pin 2 then put a 20 K to ground from pin 2 make sure pin 1 is tied to pin 9. Ground bus is very important.
    JB

I did not use the resistors as JB has indicated, but I will try it out. I did ground 4 and 5, and I've never had a problem with the 3524 quiting.

@Bits:
    Looking good. What were the settings on the scope? Are you seeing twice the negative as the positive? I could not tell in the vid.

Leroy

Comment

• 3PDT Tesla Switch

I have my 3PDT relay TS working with a 555 circuit for the oscillator. So I can get an idea of how well it's working or not, the 555 and the relays (2 x DPDT) are being driven from separate batteries.

The batteries are 7Ah gel-cell "test dummies". The load is an 83 ohm coil with an R60 core.

After a 48 minute test run, here's the results so far:

Time 11:28 12:16
      B1 13.00 12.87
      B2 12.25 12.48
      B3 12.33 12.62
      B4 12.89 12.69

Total 50.47 50.68

I can still probe around all of the battery terminals with one leg of an NE-2 and get the neon to flash.

John K.
      http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
        @Bits:
        Looking good. What were the settings on the scope? Are you seeing twice the negative as the positive? I could not tell in the vid.

Leroy
        Not quite twice, about 2/3rds.

Bit's

Comment

• Hey John K,

Glad you are up and running with the relays. What if the spikes from the coil were actually sent to the positives of the batteries via a diode? One on each side, going to the opposite sides positive?

On another note. Since I can only think about things...

I do not remember JB talking about using coils so much in regards to the TS. I know he did with the scalar charger, though and he had a bulb across the coil (maybe just to see what was going on).

1. If the coil is being switched 50/50, then the coil has current going through it in both directions and no dead time. Maybe a 9V bulb across that coil would be a good idea, so that you have some potential left, i.e. the 9V bulb is not too bright? Or, you could say that some potential can get through, because the bulb will have a drop of 9V only?

With the relays, you do not have any diodes, so you have the full potential available, which would be approximately 3-4.5 volts depending on battery voltages.

2. While a coil will produce spikes, it will also take up all the potential available, but and it will produce spikes and also produce an increase of voltage (what a normal coil does) when the one side is shut off. Maybe a delay is needed too in the relay version, so that this increase in voltage creates the potential to charge the battery in the off time. Good application for a duty cycle controlled 3524 instead of the 555.

Just thinking,

Lero

P.S. Flash bright, or flash dim? Still bright?

Originally posted by John_K View Post
          I have my 3PDT relay TS working with a 555 circuit for the oscillator. So I can get an idea of how well it's working or not, the 555 and the relays (2 x DPDT) are being driven from separate batteries.

The batteries are 7Ah gel-cell "test dummies". The load is an 83 ohm coil with an R60 core.

After a 48 minute test run, here's the results so far:

Time 11:28 12:16
          B1 13.00 12.87
          B2 12.25 12.48
          B3 12.33 12.62
          B4 12.89 12.69

Total 50.47 50.68

I can still probe around all of the battery terminals with one leg of an NE-2 and get the neon to flash.

John K.

Comment

• @Murlin,

If it was you that was looking for a purely mechanical approach to the Tesla Switch please see post #1213. Sorry guys, citfta
            Thanks I appreciate the feedback.

I have attempted to build a hybrid TS. So far it has only produced a little voltage over the bridge that did not cause a significant drain on the batteries.

Probably doesn't mean anything. I need to do amp tests next time precisely measure load wattage. Did not see any charging at all, but haven't been able to look at it on the scope yet, but soon.

I was hoping to get the diodes soldered in today but only got all the leads and the mounting board made. Ran out of time. I must stop by Radio Shack and get a heat sink clamp, don't want to fry them...

When I do the next run test I will post the results, good or bad.

regards,

Murlin

Comment

• Please correct me!

Hi All,

I have experimented it for several days in order to study if you can see how you get the power out!!!
              with the attached circuit presented by JB on post 1047.

I couldn't run this circuit correctly. Does this circuit work on full switching?
              Please correct me, anybody will be apprecialted.
              When I ran the S1 only for oneside switching,
              -.B1,B3 and B4 was not changed and only B2 was consumed. this means
              -.Current ran through D1 and Most went to D2->D5->S1->D7->Load1,
              and Little went to D4(and D6), D9(and D10) ->Load2.

Am I doing it correctly?
              Does this mean 1)Voltage (with little current) on D4/D6 can charge B3/B4 and
              2)Current goes to load through D2,D5,S1,D7?

Regards,

JANG

ps)attached is the circuit on post1047 presented by JB, I numbered the parts for explaination.

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
              Ok,
              I guess I should go over this again. The first thing I said to everybody is the three battery test was to show which way the potential goes.... I set up the three batteries with biased transistors, just two, the third you could switch so you could see what was going on in the circuit. I guess we find two things going on one with the four battery system and the other the Scalar charger. Both the circuits do the same thing one doubles the voltage and slams it back to the battery(Scalar Charger) but it is more then that as this one is a current charge pump. That pump drives things negative. The four battery system does the same thing but it does it buy putting the batteries in series then it slams the current across the paralleled load. This is very simple to do with two transistors and some diodes. The first part of this is how much potential can you move in a micro second before the current builds up in the circuit? Look at the drawing and see if you can see how you get the power out!!! I will be busy but I will check back.
              John B
              Attached Files
              Last edited by JANGYD; 12-19-2009, 05:36 AM. Reason: change the phrase

Comment

Lamare,
                I have gone back through all the posts now and I find something very intriguing in your posts. Following the second link to an experiment done by "TRICKY MIT, as usual. The man charges a Layden Jar capacitor. Then he takes the capacitor apart and touches the plate together and nothing happens when he shorts it out. But what I find is there are no electrons hanging to the plates at all, since there are none. My question to you is where is the energy to be found? I know the typical answer, I want the real answer. I know the man demonstrating knows but do the EE's know. Or are they just reading from the playbook of Dick and Jane to wright equations for more loops.
                John B
                @JB: It turns out that indeed there are (almost) no electrons hanging to the plates, because the dielectricum shorts out, as I posted here:

Originally posted by lamare View Post
                Now consider a typical capacitor. What would be a typical value of the spacing between the plates? 1 mm, "worst case"??
                Great, that means the dielectricum shorts out when there's more then 0.03 Volts across the plates, not counting the canceling out of the two fields created by the plates and the dielectricum, of course. And remember, this 0.03 V really is about the maximum limit you would be talking about in a typical capacitor, since the typical spacing between the plates is much less, and the 30V is in the case of the most "lossy" capacitors.....

This means one thing is very, very clear: the "insulation" properties of the dielectric inside a typical capacitor can be taken with a grain of salt, to say the least.....
                In other words: it is now clear that it is way more than "some electrons" that drift from one plate to the other.....
                Now, where is the energy to be found?

First of all, no energy is being stored.. The energy is constantly being converted from the vacuum by the polarized dielectricum as well as the charged capacitor plates into a resulting electric field. And that provides the energy which is being used, by moving electrons between the plates trough the dielectricum, creating/destroying a dipole, just as inside a generator.

It just appears as though energy is stored inside the capacitor, but what actually happens is that the fields created by the polarized dielectricum and by the charged capacitor plates all but constantly cancel eachother out. When the cap charges or discharges, the resulting field in between the plates becomes just a bit stronger than needed for the dielectricum to break down, in one direction or the other, so electrons can then all but freely move between the plates and provide a current trough the terminals.

Independent from the dielectric break down in terms of insulating properties, there's the polarizing properties. The polarization can be increased or decreased, depending on the resulting field in between the plates. Since the dielectric break down properties make sure this resulting field is very small in any normal circumstance, you get a small change of the polarization, either building it up, or breaking it down.

However, there is no energy storage. It's basically the delicate balance between the dielectric break down costing or delivering current and the resulting electric field increasing/decreasing polarization that make it look like energy is being stored. while the energy really always comes from the vacuum.
                Last edited by lamare; 12-19-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Dielectric dipole

Originally posted by lamare View Post
                  @JB: It turns out that indeed there are (almost) no electrons hanging to the platesl, because the dielectricum shorts out, as I posted here:

Now, where is the energy to be found?

First of all, no energy is being stored.. The energy is constantly being converted from the vacuum by the polarized dielectricum as well as the charged capacitor plates into a resulting electric field. And that provides the energy which is being used, by moving electrons between the plates trough the dielectricum, creating a dipole, just as inside a generator.

It just appears as though energy is stored inside the capacitor, but what actually happens is that the fields created by the polarized dielectricum and by the charged capacitor plates all but constantly cancel eachother out. When the cap charges or discharges, the resulting field in between the plates becomes just a bit stronger than needed for the dielectricum to break down, in one direction or the other, so electrons can then all but freely move between the plates and provide a current trough the terminals.

Independent from the dielectric break down in terms of insulating properties, there's the polarizing properties. The polarization can be increased or decreased, depending on the resulting field in between the plates. Since the dielectric break down properties make sure this resulting field is very small in any normal circumstance, you get a small change of the polarization, either building it up, or breaking it down.

However, there is no energy storage. It's basically the delicate balance between the dielectric break down costing or delivering current and the resulting electric field increasing/decreasing polarization that make it look like energy is being stored. while the energy really always comes from the vacuum.
                  Lamare; perhaps the electrons aren't being transported through the stressed / polarized dielectric;

When a capacitor is charged up, the electrons on the plate (+) become potentialised by 1) 'current' (electron spin) or 2) potential.

This creates a static field just like rubbing glass on lambs' wool, and like a coil of wire holding a magnetic field, creates a condition in the aether.

Like you said, this is a 'dipole'. Or a polarity and thus flow (think of ionosphere to ground potential difference, and resulting flow of aether which causes gravity) of aether.

When the aether is directed to flow or stream onto a metal plate, electrons are deposited or removed, or excited into a higher potential vs lower potential - however one chooses to see it...

Spikes create the Electret effect because unidirectional dc voltage spikes cause the aether to move. Elongated voltage potential flows start to shake electrons which causes measurable 'current'.

So, 'conditioned' capacitors are the aetheric equivalent of a waterwheel.

Where is the energy stored in a capacitor? Trick question. not on the plates, not in the dielectric. But the polarized dielectric AND the capacitor plates together can constantly create an observable 'charge' - until your conventional electric circuit uses that charge to essentially dissipate the aetheric stream by destroying the condition causing it.

Love and light
                  Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
                    Where is the energy stored in a capacitor? Trick question. not on the plates, not in the dielectric. But the polarized dielectric AND the capacitor plates together can constantly create an observable 'charge' - until your conventional electric circuit uses that charge to essentially dissipate the aetheric stream by destroying the condition causing it.
                    ..... Unless you flip the charge back and forth between different sets of plates, AKA the Tesla Switch

Comment

• On Wimshurst machines and capacitors

Hi all,

Half page down, section "On Wimshurst machines and capacitors", there is an explanation of the "Dissectable Leyden Jar.":
                      ELECTRICITY MISCONCEPTIONS: Capacitor
                      Personally I have to read it again...

/Hob
                      Hob Nilre
                      http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

• SSG Tesla Switch combo

Sorry if someone has already posted this, as I just found this thread a few days ago (thanks Bit's) and I am still trying to read all the posts. I have also been working on various TS configurations, but there is one I have not tried yet but looks promising. With all the configurations that JB has done and everyone else, I was hoping if someone has tried this if they could give a bit of feed back. In the pic I dont show the switching, just the simple layout. Obviously I intend on rotating the batteries, still working on the best way. Maybe a 4 pole, each fires with it's own battery configuration. You will notice an astounding resemblance to the SSG, lol... So I'm sure JB has probably been down this road before... I'm debating on dropping the trigger circuit, and using a reed to base from primary to allow a bit more torque to the energizer design. Maybe get some extra torque out of the already very efficient energizer? Any thoughts?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by captainpecan; 12-19-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Tesla Switch

I would go with Eric Dollard on this one.

Eric Dollard and Tesla
                          JB

Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
                          Lamare; perhaps the electrons aren't being transported through the stressed / polarized dielectric;

When a capacitor is charged up, the electrons on the plate (+) become potentialised by 1) 'current' (electron spin) or 2) potential.

This creates a static field just like rubbing glass on lambs' wool, and like a coil of wire holding a magnetic field, creates a condition in the aether.

Like you said, this is a 'dipole'. Or a polarity and thus flow (think of ionosphere to ground potential difference, and resulting flow of aether which causes gravity) of aether.

When the aether is directed to flow or stream onto a metal plate, electrons are deposited or removed, or excited into a higher potential vs lower potential - however one chooses to see it...

Spikes create the Electret effect because unidirectional dc voltage spikes cause the aether to move. Elongated voltage potential flows start to shake electrons which causes measurable 'current'.

So, 'conditioned' capacitors are the aetheric equivalent of a waterwheel.

Love and light
                          John Bedini
                          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by captainpecan View Post
                            Sorry if someone has already posted this, as I just found this thread a few days ago (thanks Bit's) and I am still trying to read all the posts. I have also been working on various TS configurations, but there is one I have not tried yet but looks promising. With all the configurations that JB has done and everyone else, I was hoping if someone has tried this if they could give a bit of feed back. In the pic I dont show the switching, just the simple layout. Obviously I intend on rotating the batteries, still working on the best way. Maybe a 4 pole, each fires with it's own battery configuration. You will notice an astounding resemblance to the SSG, lol... So I'm sure JB has probably been down this road before... I'm debating on dropping the trigger circuit, and using a reed to base from primary to allow a bit more torque to the energizer design. Maybe get some extra torque out of the already very efficient energizer? Any thoughts?
                            I tried this and similar set ups and found no improvement over john's original schematic but that doesn't necessarily mean you will have the same results
                            "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                            Nikola Tesla

Comment

• More D-TS Test Results

Ok Team, more observations. I have now hooked my D-TS to the "Big Boy" batteries, 235 CCA tractor batteries. I am only testing in the "charge mode" if you will. Batts 2 an 4 steady at 12.22 and 12.50 respectfully. Batts 1 and 3 climbing (slowly) now at 12.3 and 12.4 respectfully. Q2 is pulsed at 300 milli seconds and is luke warm to the touch. Battery charge bulb is not illumenated. Load of of J5 load terminal is a 150 turn coil of 18 awg approx. with 1.3 ohms with welding rod core. I don't believe that I am getting the "Punch" out of the Tranny to get a good spike, usally like I see with the SG. When I increase the "on time" for the tranny, they heat up fast. The batt light pulses at that point.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Bit's

Comment

I would go with Eric Dollard on this one.

Eric Dollard and Tesla
                                JB
                                Thanks a lot!
                                Here is more from Dollard, including the above article, this time with the figures:
                                Eric Dollard Notes (1986--1991)

Note this:

Steinmetz mentions this in his introductory book Electric Discharges, Waves and Impulses. To quote, "Unfortunately, to large extent in dealing with dielectric fields the prehistoric conception of the electrostatic charge (electron) on the conductor still exists, and by its use destroys the analogy between the two components of the electric field, the magnetic and the dielectric, and makes the consideration of dielectric fields unnecessarily complicated."
                                Steinmetz continues, "There is obviously no more sense in thinking of the capacity current as current which charges the conductor with a quantity of electricity, than there is of speaking of the inductance voltage as charging the conductor with a quantity of magnetism. But the latter conception, together with the notion of a quantity of magnetism, etc., has vanished since Faraday's representation of the magnetic field by lines of force."
                                3. Theory and Calculation of Transient Electric Phenomena and Oscillations, C. P. Steinmetz, third edition, 1920....

Dollard brings up an interesting question:

QUESTION AS TO THE VELOCITY OF DIELECTRIC FLUX
                                It has been stated that all magnetic lines of force must be closed upon themselves, and that all dielectric lines of force must terminate upon a conducting surface. It can be inferred from these two basic laws that no line of force can terminate in free space. This created an interesting question as to the state of dielectric flux lines before the field has had time to propagate to the neutral conductor. During this time it would seem that the lines of force, not having reached the distant neutral conductor would end in space at their advancing wave front. It could be concluded that either the lines of force propagate instantly or always exists and are modified or conjugate space exists within the same boundaries as ordinary space. The properties of lines of force within this conjugate space may not obey the laws of normally conceived space.<
                                So, lots of food for thought.

Steinmetz's book can be downloaded here:
                                Internet Archive: Free Download: Theory and calculation of transient electric phenomena and oscillations
                                Last edited by lamare; 12-19-2009, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X