Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
    Hey Bit's,

Have you put a scope on Q9 or Q10 to see what it is doing? I still do not know how the floating base is working. Can't seem to find the time to do the experiment, life is always getting in the way!

I can not figure out how you are doing the ADC on the batteries. I understand that the resistors are a voltage divider network, but the ground for the PICAXE chip is at +12V relative to battery 3 when Q1 is turned on, and at 0V relative to battery 3 when Q1 is turned off. So, that reference is jumping around. That is fine, but what is it in relationship to battery 2 and 4? You talk about 18V on one side (1&3)and 15V (2&4) on the other side, is that to account for the diodes/transistor drops on the bat 2&4 sides? It seems like the load would have an effect, but I guess only when you close Q9 and/or Q10, so you can take your reading before closing those transistors (Q9 and/or Q10).

Leroy
    @Leroy, I don't quite have the sensing working the way it should becuase of that very issue and some noise. I will get to it shortly but have a few projects I need to finish. You should be able to tune the switching without the sensing in place.

Bit's

Comment

• Originally posted by hherby View Post
      Ok, is it just me that is not following this?

Bit's, please clarify:

high 4 (we are biasing Q1 and begin to build the pressure)
      -"biasing" means turn on(close) Q1 to put bats 1 & 3 in series. You are correct-At this point is Q10 open or closed? Q10 and Q9 are Closed.

pause 800 (this is how much we are allowing the pressure to build)

pulsout 7, 200 (this is Q9 doing its relief valve duty)
      -Is this turning on (closing) Q9? Q9 OPENS It is a PNP

low 4 (this cycle is done)
      -Done??? you didn't turn on Q10 to connect serial bank to parallel bank. How is pressure building up against Q9? Q9 is closed and shorts back to the 24v source of batts 1 and 3.

Thanks,
      Alex
      I answered in text above. If you need to redraw Q1 and Q2 as "Normally open" contacts and Q9 and Q10 as "normally closed" contacts, then run through the scenario again.

Bit's

Comment

• Bit's
        Do I have this right? Q9 and Q10 are drawn as conducting unless made not to conduct, by biasing them off so that when Q1 is biased on voltage pressure builds across batteries 2 & 4 to a predetermined level before Q9 is biased off no longer conducting, causing an abrupt discontinuation of voltage pressure across batteries 2 & 4. Thus applying the lens law effect. Am I right? Thanks, Will Reed
        William Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by baroutologos View Post
          For those involved in the "tesla switch". (i am not)

See GB191514311, 1916-08-17, BENITEZ CARLOS F, at this page. To an outsider like me, the resemblance is striking although with no transistors and switches.

Zero Point Energy - Carlos Benitez - MDG 2007

enjoy

Baroutologos
          Great find

Here is a picture of the patent:

I made a new thread for Benitez:
          http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...f-benitez.html

/Hob
          Last edited by nilrehob; 01-15-2010, 05:26 PM.
          Hob Nilre
          http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

• Originally posted by rosehillworks View Post
            Bit's
            Do I have this right? Q9 and Q10 are drawn as conducting unless made not to conduct, by biasing them off so that when Q1 is biased on voltage pressure builds across batteries 2 & 4 to a predetermined level before Q9 is biased off no longer conducting, causing an abrupt discontinuation of voltage pressure across batteries 2 & 4. Thus applying the lens law effect. Am I right? Thanks, Will Reed
            You got the operation down. Not sure about Uncle Lenz just quite yet.

Bit's

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
              I answered in text above. If you need to redraw Q1 and Q2 as "Normally open" contacts and Q9 and Q10 as "normally closed" contacts, then run through the scenario again.

Bit's
              Thanks Bit's. I understand how the PNP's are switching now.

If Q9 and Q10 were NPN's the sequence could be:

// top of loop
              high 4,5,7 turn on (close) Q1, Q10, Q9
              pause 800
              low 7 turn off (open) Q9
              pause 200
              low 4 turn off (open) Q1 (this side of cycle is done)

high 6,7 turn on (close) Q2 and Q9 (Q10 still closed)
              pause 800
              low 5 turn off (open) Q10
              pause 200
              low 6 turn off (open) Q2 (this side of cycle is done)

Correct?

Thanks
              Alex

Comment

Thanks Bit's. I understand how the PNP's are switching now.

If Q9 and Q10 were NPN's the sequence could be:

// top of loop
                high 4,5,7 turn on (close) Q1, Q10, Q9
                pause 800
                low 7 turn off (open) Q9
                pause 200
                low 4 turn off (open) Q1 (this side of cycle is done)

high 6,7 turn on (close) Q2 and Q9 (Q10 still closed)
                pause 800
                low 5 turn off (open) Q10
                pause 200
                low 6 turn off (open) Q2 (this side of cycle is done)

Correct?

Thanks
                Alex
                That would work Alex. Like I said before there are many ways to code this. Let the fun begin.

Bit's

Comment

• Limping Along

QuasiMoto time - hard drive crash on my main pc - typing this on my server - good thing I've got all my code and development tools on the server - lost some but should recover development environment pretty quick - the rest is toast . . . however, on the bright side the TSw test and debug is going great - new PC on order - will try to salvage what I can - I try not to think about eMails and downloaded pdf's

Keep at it everyone - we'll all get there . . .

Cheers,

Plazma

Comment

@Leroy, I don't quite have the sensing working the way it should becuase of that very issue and some noise. I will get to it shortly but have a few projects I need to finish. You should be able to tune the switching without the sensing in place.

Bit's
                    I have a thought here about doing the ADC sensing. It will require 3 DPST relays (or 6 SPST relays). You can use OUT 0-3 to control the relays. Maybe it could be done with transistors?

Consider a 5th battery in parallel with say battery1 with a DPST relay. The 5th battery is the power source for the PICAXE and the switching.
                    While connected to battery1 it is charged along with it (or connect only when it needs to be charged).

When about to take ADC readings, open the relay to disconnect battery 5 from battery 1 if not already disconnected.

To read the left bank:
                    Connect the negative of battery 3 to negative of battery 5 (or PICAXE VSS pin 5).
                    Connect positive of battery 1 thru a voltage divider to an ADC input on the PICAXE.
                    With Q1 on, take an ADC reading.

To read the opposite bank, disconnect bat 5 from bat1. Connect negative of battery 4 to negative of battery 5. Connect positive of battery 2 thru a voltage divider to an ADC input. With Q2 on, take an ADC reading.

Food for thought.

Alex

Comment

Ok, is it just me that is not following this?

Bit's, please clarify:

high 4 (we are biasing Q1 and begin to build the pressure)
                      -"biasing" means turn on(close) Q1 to put bats 1 & 3 in series. Correct?
                      -At this point is Q10 open or closed?

pause 800 (this is how much we are allowing the pressure to build)

pulsout 7, 200 (this is Q9 doing its relief valve duty)
                      -Is this turning on (closing) Q9?

low 4 (this cycle is done)
                      -Done??? you didn't turn on Q10 to connect serial bank to parallel bank. How is pressure building up against Q9?

Thanks,
                      Alex
                      Alex,

Hope Bits doesn't mind my answering.

Bits says that Q10 and Q9 are normally closed, so they are both conducting during the high 4 part.

When Q9 is pulsed, it is opened up, no conduction.

Leroy

Comment

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
                        Alex,

Hope Bits doesn't mind my answering.

Bits says that Q10 and Q9 are normally closed, so they are both conducting during the high 4 part.

When Q9 is pulsed, it is opened up, no conduction.

Leroy
                        Leroy,
                        Bit's did answer me a few posts back. The way Q9 and Q10 are biased still doesn't make sense to me. But I was only concerned about the actual switching sequence. This sequence is a slight departure from all the other docs and schematics where the top two transistors are never on at the same time. I will try duplicating the sequence using all NPN's.

Alex

Comment

I have a thought here about doing the ADC sensing. It will require 3 DPST relays (or 6 SPST relays). You can use OUT 0-3 to control the relays. Maybe it could be done with transistors?

Consider a 5th battery in parallel with say battery1 with a DPST relay. The 5th battery is the power source for the PICAXE and the switching.
                          While connected to battery1 it is charged along with it (or connect only when it needs to be charged).

When about to take ADC readings, open the relay to disconnect battery 5 from battery 1 if not already disconnected.

To read the left bank:
                          Connect the negative of battery 3 to negative of battery 5 (or PICAXE VSS pin 5).
                          Connect positive of battery 1 thru a voltage divider to an ADC input on the PICAXE.
                          With Q1 on, take an ADC reading.

To read the opposite bank, disconnect bat 5 from bat1. Connect negative of battery 4 to negative of battery 5. Connect positive of battery 2 thru a voltage divider to an ADC input. With Q2 on, take an ADC reading.

Food for thought.

Alex
                          Thanks Alex, here is how I changed the sensing. I need to add a 4.7 zener and 0.01uf cap to each leg (Test Point) coming back to the chip. Voltage dividers work, but when I hooked them up to the chip, the oscillator stop oscillating. I am confident it was "noise" or "spikes". Wait "spikes" are good (so much for the old school)
                          Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 05-21-2010, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks Alex, here is how I changed the sensing. I need to add a 4.7 zener and 0.01uf cap to each leg (Test Point) coming back to the chip. Voltage dividers work, but when I hooked them up to the chip, the oscillator stop oscillating. I am confident it was "noise" or "spikes". Wait "spikes" are good (so much for the old school)
                            Bit's,
                            I don't see any changes from 2.2.3 except the version#. I don't see the the zeners or caps or any connection to the ADC's.

Alex

Comment

Bit's,
                              I don't see any changes from 2.2.3 except the version#. I don't see the the zeners or caps or any connection to the ADC's.

Alex
                              I haven't put them in yet, but take a look at the ground side of test points voltage dividers.

Bit's

Comment

• Bit's
                                Thanks for your reply, atleast now I know I understand the basic function of your diagram. I still have a lot to learn about the chip and the programming of it. I hope this will bring me into the digital age . My reference to the lens law was based on Tom Bearden's write up on his website of how Bedini forms a negative resistor in batteries. Hopefully we can get to the point where we understand how to properly manipulate the time domains of the battery. I am beginning to see how this digital approach could save a lot of time over mechanical prototyping. Thanks, Will Reed
                                William Reed

Comment

Working...
                                X