• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JANGYD View Post
    Hi,

I'm doing all my best to study 'the switching' as JB emphasized,
    1) Switching in the Differential Mode
    2) (Inverted) Potential swithing
    3) Crurrent Charge Pumping(Negistor) on the Semiconductor

Attached scope shots are captured from emitter to collector on the MJL21194.
    I am afraid I'm right or not, so need any comments on these scope shots.

Regards,

JANG
    @JANG,

Which transistor are you capturing in these shots. I will try to capture or at least duplicate on my setup?

Leroy

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
      0.3v, that's what I got in total. Nothing spectacular, until one realises that one has been running a load and circuitry with losses. Quite spectacular really

Keep up the good work
      If I would have spoken of all four batteries, I guess I'd have to say 0.6 volts, not 0.3. Sometimes I think of them as one. Yes, I agree that it is still amazing considering the circumstances and it would only lose potential, given normal engineering study and circuitry. The question is, what can I do with it...that is still a mystery? Run an SSG or Solid State Energizer I suppose, that would be interesting. Guess I need to get that up and running and see what it will do eventually. If I can run it and charge the batteries simultaneously, then that is something amazing, but it is not what the guy Baldenili (sp) was doing, he used 1000-1500 W without depleting the battery supposedly, so still a ways to go, yes?

Leroy

P.S. Thank you for the encouragement.

Comment

• What is it good for?

That's the whole point. It's not just about replication of past experiments, it's about following your own intuition and using your own creativity.

'... Boldly go where no man has gone before...'
        Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• not sure

Originally posted by ldissing View Post
          @JANG,

Which transistor are you capturing in these shots. I will try to capture or at least duplicate on my setup?

Leroy
          @Leroy

I am not sure this wave is correct or not, that's not from active TS.
          I know you have already got a active TS running well and I am sure
          you have the correct waveform like JB's drawing from one of three switches,
          not like my waveform above.

My waveform needs so many other parts. I am not recommending to duplicate it.
          I just want to know what the correct pulinging is which make the semiconductor going negative.
          So I tried to limit the collector current and trigger the base with the sharp pulse within 2us.
          My circuit is the combination of the series switch and Inverted Potensial Circuit on FEG.

Anyway I do not recommend to duplicate it, not waste you time and money.

Leroy,

Are you still working on such a low current 20mA? I am eager to get A active TS circuit.
          I don't know why I can't succeed in that.

'Spike at switching point AT CERTAIN FREQUENCT' is still on TRAIL?

Regards,

JANG

Comment

• Woops, ordered the wrong PICAXE - need help!

Calling all EE's, or at least someone smarter than me (not hard)...

My PICAXE and opto's and diodes finally turned up, but in my haste I bought a low voltage PIC (3.3V) because the regular 5V PICs were out of stock.

I've wired up my D-TS, but it looks like the low voltage isn't enough to fire the MJL's. If I put an LED between pin 2 and ground of the opto without a resistor, the LED lights up dimly. Looks like I need to amplify the output of the opto, or some sort of Darlington arrangement on the output of the PIC. I was thinking of putting a 2N3440 or 2N2222 on the output of the opto, but not too sure how to wire it up.

Any suggestions? A chicken scratch schematic would be helpful.

John K.
            http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by John_K View Post

My PICAXE and opto's and diodes finally turned up, but in my haste I bought a low voltage PIC (3.3V) because the regular 5V PICs were out of stock.

I've wired up my D-TS, but it looks like the low voltage isn't enough to fire the MJL's. If I put an LED between pin 2 and ground of the opto without a resistor, the LED lights up dimly. Looks like I need to amplify the output of the opto, or some sort of Darlington arrangement on the output of the PIC. I was thinking of putting a 2N3440 or 2N2222 on the output of the opto, but not too sure how to wire it up.

John K.
              Ok, news flash. If I remove the LEDs on the optos the D-TS works, but the only indication it's working is that the lights for the load light up.

One side works great, the other side not so good. Maybe a crap connection somewhere.

John K.

Comment

• It's working - kind of...

Originally posted by John_K View Post
                Ok, news flash. If I remove the LEDs on the optos the D-TS works, but the only indication it's working is that the lights for the load light up.

One side works great, the other side not so good. Maybe a crap connection somewhere.

John K.
                I'm doing a Lero, quoting myself.... hehehe

Found the crap connection, now I'm seeing exactly what Bit's and Lero are seeing, which gives me warm and fuzzies...

It's kind of weird fun watching 4 DMMs bounce around, sort of like cricket.

Anyhoo, I'm off to bed to get some zzzzz's, I'll play more tomorrow - chores permitting.

"...I've got wild, staring eyes. And I've got a strong urge to fly. I've got amazing powers of observation...but I've got nowhere to fly to, fly to, fly to..."

I'll change change the code one more time...

John K.

Comment

John K.
                  Dig TS opto solution - Vox

Hope that helps John_K
                  Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

John K.
                    Hi John, instead of an "OPTO Coupler" you could use a "OP AMP". See the attached or you can get 3.3V Opto's such as HCPL-270L/070L/273L/073L
                    Low Input Current, High Gain, LVTTL/LVCMOS Compatible Optocouplers.

Hope this helps.

Bit's
                    Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 05-25-2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

John K.
                      You could use a 2n2222 on the ouitput of every 3.3v pulse. Connect the o/p through a 1k to base. Emiter to ground. The collector to your led cathode in series with your opto cathodes and the last anode to 12v or 5v. Then you need to choose the resistor to allow about 20mA. Deduct the voltage drop over each diode (1.1v for led and 1.3 for opto)from say 5v to see what voltage drop you need over the resistor. Devide that by 0.02(20mA) to get your resistor value. A 120ohm in your case.

Comment

• This is from the picaxe 18x datasheet:
                        Outputs:
                        Each output can sink or source 20mA. This is enough to light an LED but will
                        not, for instance, drive a motor. Total maximum current per chip is 90mA

So you cannot drive more than 2 leds per o/p even with the 5V ones

Comment

• Originally posted by JANGYD View Post
                          @Leroy

I am not sure this wave is correct or not, that's not from active TS.
                          I know you have already got a active TS running well and I am sure
                          you have the correct waveform like JB's drawing from one of three switches,
                          not like my waveform above.

My waveform needs so many other parts. I am not recommending to duplicate it.
                          I just want to know what the correct pulinging is which make the semiconductor going negative.
                          So I tried to limit the collector current and trigger the base with the sharp pulse within 2us.
                          My circuit is the combination of the series switch and Inverted Potensial Circuit on FEG.

Anyway I do not recommend to duplicate it, not waste you time and money.

Leroy,

Are you still working on such a low current 20mA? I am eager to get A active TS circuit.
                          I don't know why I can't succeed in that.

'Spike at switching point AT CERTAIN FREQUENCT' is still on TRAIL?

Regards,

JANG
                          @JANG,

My goal may be incorrect or my observations incorrect, my measurements incorrect. I started out, just wanting the batteries to charge, which appeared to happen, but you know that batteries are strange animals. For example, when you discharge them a while and then stop they bounce back up after a while, maybe several tenths of a volt, or even several volts, depending on how you load it, length of time, etc.

So, the answer is, I still have not found the load to use. I have not tried the 3.2-3.8V bulb loads for a while, they are expensive and easy to blow out. I do have some more, and would like to try them again, so I appreciate the question, keeps me in line. I've tried everything from 1.2V 300ma, to 14.2V 300ma, with 3.2-3.8V 20ma, 6V 25ma, 12V 85ma, 12V 10W, 12V 50W being only some of the loads I have tested.

Just because the switch can run a load, does not mean the waveform is correct to get charging. I've been able to run a load since I first put it together, and I actually think some of those earlier runs were more insightful than what I'm doing now, although, I like the transformer version. One of the things with the opto triggering, is we are not varying the current into the TS transistors. I don't know if it needs to be varied, but I can do this with the transformers and two resistances, where it would take 2,4, or 6 six resistors to vary the current in the opto version depending on how many transistors and which circuit you want to utilize.

JB did not comment on my questions, too busy I guess. I wanted to know what version of the circuit he had the most success utilizing in his trials. Like I said, there are at least 4 versions that came from him if you include the Brandt version with the AC output included. The combination can introduce a multitude of options that need an incredible amount of time to test. It will probably take me 30 years....

I think if I had the money, I'd go out and buy 4 really small 12V batteries, or maybe I'll give it a go with 9V rechargeable batteries, so the batteries would move more and it would be easier to tell what is "really" going on. My 17 AH batteries take a long time to move depending on the load, so are they charging or no?

It is a lot of fun, but I haven't checked the "system" this morning, so I do not know if the batteries have increased any further.

In closing, JB said to chase the spike. The spike is what will kick the battery into recharging mode, so yes, I think that is still the goal. There is not doubt in my mind that the transformer version will give a spike, that is what coils do...and since it is introduced at the base/emitter junctions, it can travel just fine through the circuit. I will try to see if I can catch that little puppy on my scope. He can be elusive.

Leroy
                          Last edited by ldissing; 02-05-2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I'm doing a Lero, quoting myself.... hehehe

Found the crap connection, now I'm seeing exactly what Bit's and Lero are seeing, which gives me warm and fuzzies...

It's kind of weird fun watching 4 DMMs bounce around, sort of like cricket.

Anyhoo, I'm off to bed to get some zzzzz's, I'll play more tomorrow - chores permitting.

"...I've got wild, staring eyes. And I've got a strong urge to fly. I've got amazing powers of observation...but I've got nowhere to fly to, fly to, fly to..."

I'll change change the code one more time...

John K.
                            Good to see you on the TS trail my friend. I do not think I need to give you any more advise on that 3.3V problem, but if you want some more, send me a PM and I'll send you a circuit that will work with whatever voltage you decide to run through the optos and light up an led, triggered by the PICAXE. I think the "guys" here have given you a good idea already though.

Lero

Comment

• @JANG,

You indicated to JB, you had "found" something regarding negative resistance. Either I'm just stupid, which is probably the case, or everyone else on this list has figured it out and doesn't need to ask the question, or everyone is afraid to ask, but I did not "get it". I do not know to what in the world JB was referring in the Naudin and Keeley references. He said Naudin had not figured out "how to utilize" the negistor. I did not "get it" either, and he did not comment further, when he could have just said....this is the way you utilize it. That is not the JB style though, so I did not expect it him to do that.

Did you "get it"? Would you share your observations?

@ALL,

Did any of you "get it", and if so, would you share your "getting it"?

Leroy

P.S. I think it has something to do with why JB puts semiconductors in the opposite direction from what is considered to be "normal". Or maybe it is just that he is using a negative potential for triggering the device as in the FEG book. That is what I "got", but I'm not sure it was what he meant us to "get".

Comment

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post

P.S. I think it has something to do with why JB puts semiconductors in the opposite direction from what is considered to be "normal". Or maybe it is just that he is using a negative potential for triggering the device as in the FEG book. That is what I "got", but I'm not sure it was what he meant us to "get".
                                Another note on negistors, there are only two places in the TS where this occurs, as I see it. In the serial transistors, and in the transistors at the bottom of the circuit, NOT in the top transistors. The top transistors are dealing with positive potentials. Perhaps we should remove the top transistors and deal with only the serial and bottom transistors which are being switched on differences of potential on the negative side?

AND, JB said it was better to put the load on the collector side. This occurs on the bottom transistors, but not on the top transistors (unless you are using PNPs....maybe that is a good thing Bits). The top transistors (if the batteries are to be the load) are on the emitter side, which is NOT where JB indicated the load should be.

Leroy
                                Last edited by ldissing; 02-05-2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X