Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
    Team, everyone is on the right track and call it what you want but, we all think different in our "minds eye". So that said, this is an equation, "But not in the traditional sense". Look, we are NOT just trying to light the bulbs (we can and if we use small ones and light them brightly or blow them out in Leroy's case) that does not get us to the finish line. Oh yes, we can put larger ones in and get them to glow but that consumes to much current. The batts last a long time (alot longer than if it was just one powering the same load) so it is time to think outside of the box. How can we move large amounts of potential, while NOT creating current, and use that to our advantage? Start with replacing the lights (load) with a transformer(s). I had illustrated that earlier, but must admit, I have been pretty busy with other projects and have not gotten back to it. If we can "oscillate" the potiential from side to side we create "frequency" something the transformers love and we are able to create higher voltages. If we are to try place a normal load on the transformer, Uncle Lenz will destroy our charging effect. Let something else do the work. Let the transformer fill a cap and let the "Cap" do the work. I said earlier that we all think differently, I personally view this as a Country water tower in that "feed the water tower through a small pipe" and enjoy the volume of "Pressure" (potential). Leroy, I commend you for your statements.

My thoughts

Bit's
    Are you commending me for the one where I said, "I don't know squat"? We are all learning, some more than others. Matt has very good skills, both expermentally, and intuitively, so I do not intend to offend him, but I don't always succeed. He and you are the leaders in this technology, I'm still learning. I wish I knew a lot more about impedance, even though my "college" learnin' was in engineering, analog was the thing I hated most. Now I know it was important....but it was probably not totally correct anyway. I'll just keep plugin' along and maybe learn something one of these days.

Leroy

Comment

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
      I'd think that very fast pulses and many of them would be the way to go, but JB says to pulse for 125ms or 1 sec, the longer the better?
      Maybe it can be explained with Dr Harold Aspden info:
      http://www.newenergytimes.com/v2/arc.../N/N199612.PDF

Areas a and c are energy inputs from the magnetizing winding, whereas c and d are energy inputs that electrical engineers never consider, because that energy is supplied by the aether.

If you run the motor over the lower flux density range, which is normal, then you operate at an efficiency which can not exceed (a+b)/2a, which is 100%. On the other hand, if the motor operates over the higher range, the efficiency can reach up to (c+d)/2c, which is very much higher than 100%.

Consider some realistic figures by putting the knee in the curve at 15,000 gauss and assuming that the incremental B/H ratio is 1000 over the lower range but only 50 over the upper range. Operate the stator core of the motor up to a B value of 20,000H ranges from 15 to 115 over this upper range. Work out the area c as being (15_115)x5000/2 or 325,000 and the area d as being (15,000 + 20,000) x 100/2 or 1,750,000. You will then see the operation close to 319% efficiency is indicated.
      Maybe the long pulse needed to almost saturate the iron core, but should be shorter enough not to fully saturate. Based from other writing, a heater like core of iron sandwitch is better for greater effect. The opposite of what current transfomer use, instead of perpendicular with direction of winding, it should be in parallel.

Am I right to assume that to get the best gain we need to:
      - Turn off power H when the magnet B almost saturated / linier.
      - let the magnetic field B reach half it's saturated state, not too soon, not too late.
      - turn the power again until almost saturated
      - repeat

No idea how we know the saturation level of the magnet though...
      Last edited by sucahyo; 03-04-2010, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
        When you say SSR, do you mean SCR? I'm having trouble with the terminology!

Thanks,

Leroy
        Hi Leroy,
        SSR = Solid State Relay. The ones I use are cheapies from Sure electronics on ebay. about $16.00 post free includes heatsink. I would put fans on the heatsink if you test these out. Here is the link for me:-
        Solid State Relay SSR 24-220V DC, 40A + Heat Sink - eBay Relays, Timers Counters, Industrial Automation, Control, Electrical Test Equipment, Business Industrial. (end time 11-Mar-10 13:22:29 AEDST)

p.s. mind you, I have a few spare heatsinks at the moment!

regards
        rob
        Last edited by ourbobby; 03-04-2010, 04:24 AM. Reason: additional information

Comment

• Matt
          I have several Edison Nickle Iron alkaline batteries.
          and I agree that they will probably be great for the TS cct.
          I don't have enough MATCHED batteries to test it though except in my Big one it is 30 cells 60v and ~ 4' x 4' x 3' tall and the way they are all connected I don't even want to attempt separating the connections with it charged.
          I do also have a bunch of info on them including All of his patents. they are not something easy to reproduce at least the way he made them, I can give you a lot of info on them if you want it, I have been messing with them for quite a few years.

Later
          Dave

Comment

• my ts

Hi all, after following this thread for some time i decided to build my own ts and do some experimenting myself. I made the non diode version John_K provided and for the controller i use a picaxe chip. The next couple of days i will do some testing and post he results if they are interesting enough

Thanks to all of you for the info on this subject

Regards,
            scratchrobot

IMG_0164s.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
              ... Look, we are NOT just trying to light the bulbs (we can and if we use small ones and light them brightly or blow them out in Leroy's case) that does not get us to the finish line. Oh yes, we can put larger ones in and get them to glow but that consumes to much current.
              How can we move large amounts of potential, while NOT creating current, and use that to our advantage? Start with replacing the lights (load) with a transformer(s).
              If we can "oscillate" the potiential from side to side we create "frequency" something the transformers love and we are able to create higher voltages.
              Let the transformer fill a cap and let the "Cap" do the work. I said earlier that we all think differently...

Bit's
              I remember JB indicating to use transformers, my question is why did he draw his drawings and put bulbs in there and say....you could get charging.

I also think our goals are different, I know we speak different languages in our heads or I wouldn't upset people. It is kind of like JB said, if you want power, just hook the battery up to the load. You can power it until the battery runs down, no problem.

So, my goal was a little different. My goal was only to charge the batteries while "in" the TS, like having 5 batteries, one for power, and 4 charging. Rotate in and out, giving continuous power, but if we can't charge then that is a mute point.

We can get more out of the 4 batteries we have which is awesome, but the batteries (in my case) do run down, so we need a way to charge them up without conventional power and a way that does not destroy the battery while charging. We know how to do that with JB SSGs and/or solid state chargers.

Perhaps using the transformer and increasing the voltage will allow us to charge batteries outside the system and still provide some power for other things, maybe my goal was wrong from the beginning.

Maybe if we could come up with a goal, and work towards that we would have better luck? Maybe if we stated our purpose in writing and some of us were working on that, then maybe we could accomplish it?

Leroy

Comment

• Hey ALL
                Look this is easy once you start to look at the Benitez patents.
                He uses the same principal as discussed in the Ron Brandt article.
                The problem probably is in the batteries and not the switching but we may be able to overcome that through reformatting of the battery.

You have general switch as shown by Bedini. With 2 load paths. One going one way and the other going the other.
                You use it to drive a step up transformer.(As found in an inverter) A step up transformer from an inverter has 2 primary for input and Secondary for out put.
                The switch will drive both primaries. One side drive one primary in one direction and the other drives the other primary in other direct.
                The secondary will output AC at a higher voltage.
                Up until now this is all shown in the BRANDT article.

Now you rectify the AC output into a capacitor. The Cap will only charge or maintain the charge at a certain rate. Thats the rate at which you want to use the energy. That will be the size of your load.

So you have a cap now full of power. You ground the cap back into the TS system. You run load between the cap and the low side of your system.

If the transformer recovers some energy and out puts some energy the transformer will be at some point generating. Make sure to put the generated energy back into the system while running a load.

You will not charge batteries but you get a higher potential to work with and will go alot further. You can at that point start figuring out the best solution for charging the batteries.

Personally I do not believe it to be in the system I believe the solution to charging is in the battery. But we can see.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                  Hey ALL
                  The problem probably is in the batteries and not the switching but we may be able to overcome that through reformatting of the battery.

You have general switch as shown by Bedini. With 2 load paths. One going one way and the other going the other.
                  You use it to drive a step up transformer.(As found in an inverter) A step up transformer from an inverter has 2 primary for input and Secondary for out put.
                  The switch will drive both primaries. One side drive one primary in one direction and the other drives the other primary in other direct.

Now you rectify the AC output into a capacitor. The Cap will only charge or maintain the charge at a certain rate. Thats the rate at which you want to use the energy. That will be the size of your load.

So you have a cap now full of power. You ground the cap back into the TS system. You run load between the cap and the low side of your system.

If the transformer recovers some energy and out puts some energy the transformer will be at some point generating. Make sure to put the generated energy back into the system while running a load.

You will not charge batteries but you get a higher potential to work with and will go alot further. You can at that point start figuring out the best solution for charging the batteries.

Personally I do not believe it to be in the system I believe the solution to charging is in the battery. But we can see.

Matt
                  This is where the bi-polar switch would come in, to know which side the negative of the cap gets connected to. When one side is more positive, then the cap neg is connected to the other...etc.

On the point about charging the battery. JB talks about a battery on the scalar charger not accepting charging from conventional charger very well. Either that means that it is being reformatted, or "holes" exist void of electrons. I guess the question is, does this happen with the 4 battery TS. I would think that it would, and it may show a lower voltage, but can still produce work...negative energy type work, so running motors, inductors, transformers, and lights. Maybe I just need to let this run until the batteries say 0 volts and see if they can still light a light?

Leroy

Comment

• I would think that it would, and it may show a lower voltage, but can still produce work...negative energy type work, so running motors, inductors, transformers, and lights. Maybe I just need to let this run until the batteries say 0 volts and see if they can still light a light?
                    Eventually you'll just loose your switching ability. I've tried it many times.

Matt

Comment

Eventually you'll just loose your switching ability. I've tried it many times.

Matt
                      I would think that too. JB has talked about Tom Bearden going to Bill and Rays and seeing the thing (think it was the scalar charger though) run when the battery said it had 0 Volts.

Did you ruin your batteries doing this? I assume you were using transistors when you did this, right? If you were using transistors, then there is no point in me doing it.

Leroy

Comment

Hey ALL

Matt
                        Hi Matt,
                        I totally concur with the assessment that the problem lies with the batteries. Also, do not get too involved with the Benitez patent. Certainly, the use of high frequency coils will provide Voltage for rectifying.

The trick with the Benitez patents is to see where he converts Volts to Amps. Recall that at zero resistance Volts = Amps. So to my mind the Faure batteries generally available will create too much resistance, except when they breakdown and destroy my SSR's! Due to what I think is a problem for the TS, battery pulsing. This issue has not been clearly addressed in this thread to my mind.

However, IMHO, the patent of Benitez idea is heavily influenced by the Tesla notion of power from capacitve discharge. Again Volts = Amps an important concept to understand with a lot of Tesla's High frequency work. Therefore, it will be necessary to provide an earth return loop to a HV point in his circuit - not shown by Benitez - for the supply of extra current to maintain the threshold of supply from the batteries. This would be the Free Energy in this circuit.

I think too, that while the NiFe batteries will provide better results, the issue will be the extrapolation of results from small tests to larger operational units.
                        The early Plant type batteries might give similar results to the NiFe batteries. I am still working through the chemistry of batteries - not my strong point at school.

regards
                        Rob

Comment

• Yep
                          Transistors, relays, commutator and brush, It never ruined the batteries though.
                          I blew one battery up with my simple motor once, thats worst I have ever done.

Matt

Comment

• Iscc

This the latest circuit I am working with. It is relay based, but costs very little to switch. In fact one small pulse from your IC to an Opto turns it on and the same for another opto to turn it off.
                            It uses no diodes but charges the batteries evenly. It also leaves the near full potential. Works only with mechanical relays. The solid state ones do not respond to potential only, YET!!

The relays I am using can handle about 8-10 amps of flow but under the Tesla switch they can handle a little bit more.

I'll update it to include the circuit for driving the transformer I plan on trying.

ISCC

Cheers
                            Matt

Comment

• Nvisser took his post down.
                              Last edited by Matthew Jones; 03-05-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

[..]
                                Works only with mechanical relays. The solid state ones do not respond to potential only, YET!!
                                [..]
                                Quick thought. Have you tried FET (field effect transistors), they are designed to operate with potential only. Of course, nobody is perfect and some leakage current is present. If control via PIC or computer is available, then it should be possible to use "overdrive" effect to improve closing and opening times.
                                Energy For Free For Everyone! EFFFE!

Comment

Working...
                                X