Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
    Why don't you take that big cap, and discharge it into two smaller caps. Then put them in series and pulse that to the batteries...that is more like the solar charger, I think. Your pulses could be faster because the capacitors would be smaller, one pulse for 125ms, then off for 125 ms, at least long enough for the big cap to fill the two smaller caps to 17V or so? Just a thought.
    Leroy
    I have been working on a relay cap pulser while my batteries are in the slow conditioning process. What I'm trying to do is getting the the high current pulses to the charge battery like on JB's solar charger.
    I charge a cap bank of 30000uf up to 24v. Then the relay switch and disconnect positive and negative from the source and switch the caps to the battery. With my analog ammeter in line it just shows about a 1A pulse, but the charge rate is still impressive if I use 2 series batteries as source like in the Tesla switch. I did not ran it long enough for any results as I still struggle with the automatic self switching of the relays when the cap reaches 24v.
    I need to find out what you guys think of the following
    The energy passed from the cap to the battery E= 0.5CV^2
    Using 30000uf at 24v =8.64 joules. That is pulsing the battery with parr. Caps (2 x 15000uf) and 24V goes to the batteries
    When switching the two (charged up to 24v) caps in series (like in the scalar charger) and switch that to the battery, we still pass 8.64 joules to the battery, but we switch 48V instead of 24v.
    Two caps in series are 7500uf. E= 7500ufX 48 x 48 x 0.2= 8.64J
    That means the same amount of energy is switched in both cases . I did not test it yet but I think in the second case with the 48V I will measure only half the current that was measured in the first case.
    Now will the batteries charge better with the lower current and the higher voltage?
    If I look at the high amp pulses on JB’s solar charger I don’t think he switches the caps in series before pulsing it to the batteries.
    So the question is. How does he get that High current pulses. Does he uses huge capacitors. I only saw 4 caps on his video and the were not huge at all. And how does he convert 17V ,3A (50W) to 10A at least 14V pulses (140W)????
    Last edited by nvisser; 03-17-2010, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nvisser
      I have been working on a relay cap pulser while my batteries are in the slow conditioning process. What I'm trying to do is getting the the high current pulses to the charge battery like on JB's solar charger.
      I charge a cap bank of 30000uf up to 24v. Then the relay switch and disconnect positive and negative from the source and switch the caps to the battery. With my analog ammeter in line it just shows about a 1A pulse, but the charge rate is still impressive if I use 2 series batteries as source like in the Tesla switch. I did not ran it long enough for any results as I still struggle with the automatic self switching of the relay when the cap reaches 24v.
      The energy passed from the cap to the battery E= CV^2
      Using 30000uf at 24v =17.28 joules. That is pulsing the battery with parr. Caps (2 x 15000uf) and 24V goes to the batteries
      When switching the two (charged up to 24v) caps in series (like in the scalar charger) and switch that to the battery, we still pass 17.28 joules to the battery, but we switch 48V instead of 24v.
      Two caps in series are 7500uf. E= 7500ufX 48 x 48= 17.28J
      That means the same amount of energy is switched in both cases . I did not test it yet but I think in the second case with the 48V I will measure only half the current that was measured in the first case.
      Now will the batteries charge better with the lower current and the higher voltage?
      If I look at the high amp pulses on JB’s solar charger I don’t think he switches the caps in series before pulsing it to the batteries.
      So the question is. How does he get that High current pulses. Does he uses huge capacitors. I only saw 4 caps on his video and the were not huge at all. And how does he convert 17V ,3A (50W) to 10A at least 14V pulses (140W)????
      Vissie,

I've been trying to stay off this forum, because I cause so much trouble and I'm working on some interesting TS experiments. I now have a comparator in the circuit and can compare the voltages on each of the 4 batteries (although, I am only comparing the bottom two on each side at present). Floating potentials make it a little tough to do, but DoubleD helped me figure all that stuff out, so it is working just fine. Thanks DoubleD . (P.S. DoubleD (Dave) is a smart SOB and so is Stevan C.)

Anyway, in regards to your question, there was one other cap in that video, and it WAS huge (off to the right of the vid somewhere between 1-2 minutes into the vid). The other 4 seem relatively small, probably around 470uf each, I'd guess. Now, we don't know how JB is switching the system, and that big cap could actually be switched in for a portion of the 4 cap discharge, probably just the first little part like 1-10ms or something, getting the potential across the batteries, but unless we buy one and take it apart, or see another patent, we can not know. Then the 4 little caps could push a little potential and current for the rest of the 125ms or until they reach the batteries potential/voltage. JB always says it is in the switching, and he is switching potential to the batteries, the current is just a byproduct of the potential. My guess is that like Stevan C., has posted on utube, he is driving the transistors much harder than we are with just the H11D1. The H11D1s could drive another transistor with more current. With 100ma of current or less going through the h11d1, you can do the math on what would go through the MJL. If you were switching 1A at the base with a better transistor, you could get some 10 times more current through the MJL, but current is supposed to be a bad thing, so who knows. JB has said so many things, that my little bird brain can't process the discrepancies that my eyes read, even though it probably makes sense some how, to some one.

JB may come back some day and set us straight on current vs. potential and all of that, because I just don't know anymore. For instance, I can get the batteries up to 14.5 V, but only if I use a 12V 20W bulb, that is going to let a lot of "current" through, and if I use a smaller bulb and/or shorten the pulse width, it is going to take forever. Maybe I'll do like Stevan C. and drive the MJLs with some PNPs or something and hit it hard, instead of softly...? It's all a crap shoot right now! At least I don't have to sit around and watch it and tell it when to switch, that is all automagic...that is the best thing I have going right now!

Sorry, this probably didn't help any.

Leroy
      Last edited by ldissing; 03-14-2010, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• I have been working on a relay cap pulser while my batteries are in the slow conditioning process. What I'm trying to do is getting the the high current pulses to the charge battery like on JB's solar charger.
        I charge a cap bank of 30000uf up to 24v. Then the relay switch and disconnect positive and negative from the source and switch the caps to the battery. With my analog ammeter in line it just shows about a 1A pulse, but the charge rate is still impressive if I use 2 series batteries as source like in the Tesla switch. I did not ran it long enough for any results as I still struggle with the automatic self switching of the relay when the cap reaches 24v.
        The energy passed from the cap to the battery E= CV^2
        Using 30000uf at 24v =17.28 joules. That is pulsing the battery with parr. Caps (2 x 15000uf) and 24V goes to the batteries
        When switching the two (charged up to 24v) caps in series (like in the scalar charger) and switch that to the battery, we still pass 17.28 joules to the battery, but we switch 48V instead of 24v.
        Two caps in series are 7500uf. E= 7500ufX 48 x 48= 17.28J
        The best I can tell from what I have seen in the video and from the little he said, is the Tesla switch part is 4 capacitors switching back and forth with the solar supply as the back up.

While the energy is traveling back and forth it is run through a solid state oscillator of some sort. Most likely this oscillator creates not only positive spikes but negative ones as well. Similar to what I have built called the BPM. I don't scope shot in the video but basically 1 coil dumps on the positive side the other on the negative side. It creates a huge potential in capacitors.

So you charge 10 caps up to say 150 volts while they are in series then switch them to parallel and dump. This should leave you 15 volt per cap. It should also give you the max amperage available.

JB said he had 16 switching points in the circuit. Think about it . But he also said he had been able to take advantage of the negistor.

Switching caps from series to parallel is the most efficient step down process I have been able to find, but y'all may know of other. The Tesla switch built with capacitors would not require a large input from a solar panel but could out put quite a bit of energy through a transformer or coil or whatever radiant generator you use. To convert the spikes to amperage you will have to step down. 14 -15 in what you want to dump on a 12 volt battery.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
          Switching caps from series to parallel is the most efficient step down process I have been able to find, but y'all may know of other. ...
          Matt
          I've thought of this several times, but have not tried to do it. Thanks for the reminder and good point.

Leroy

Comment

• This is a patent Peter L. Turned me onto a couple of weeks back.

Might make a nice load.

Electromagnetic convertor with ... - Google Patent Search

Matt

Comment

The best I can tell from what I have seen in the video and from the little he said, is the Tesla switch part is 4 capacitors switching back and forth with the solar supply as the back up.

While the energy is traveling back and forth it is run through a solid state oscillator of some sort. Most likely this oscillator creates not only positive spikes but negative ones as well. Similar to what I have built called the BPM. I don't scope shot in the video but basically 1 coil dumps on the positive side the other on the negative side. It creates a huge potential in capacitors.

So you charge 10 caps up to say 150 volts while they are in series then switch them to parallel and dump. This should leave you 15 volt per cap. It should also give you the max amperage available.

JB said he had 16 switching points in the circuit. Think about it . But he also said he had been able to take advantage of the negistor.

Switching caps from series to parallel is the most efficient step down process I have been able to find, but y'all may know of other. The Tesla switch built with capacitors would not require a large input from a solar panel but could out put quite a bit of energy through a transformer or coil or whatever radiant generator you use. To convert the spikes to amperage you will have to step down. 14 -15 in what you want to dump on a 12 volt battery.

Matt
              Matt
              That makes sense. I do it the wrong way round.
              Charging series caps up will be quicker because of the lower series capacitance. Switching them to parralel increase the capacitance and step down the voltage to a exeptable voltage level high current for the battery.
              Am I correct. That was what you mean?
              Then we can use a ssg or joule thief circuit to charge the caps up to the high voltage real quick using the method from JB that I posted earlier. I will post it again.
              This all tell me that batteries loves current but in pulses?
              “Sat Mar 1, 2008 4:42 pm
              Re: Solar SG
              Richard,
              When using the SG to charge batteries with solar panels, you must match
              the impedance of the panel to the SG.
              To do this you need capacitors at least 20.000 uf 75 volts we run the
              SG all the time this way. Set the SG to pull over 1 amp of current by
              setting the base resistor. the next question, is it a multi-coil
              machine, if so set it to pull over 5 amps min.
              John”

Comment

• Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                Matt
                That makes sense. I do it the wrong way round.
                Charging series caps up will be quicker because of the lower series capacitance. Switching them to parralel increase the capacitance and step down the voltage to a exeptable voltage level high current for the battery.
                Am I correct. That was what you mean?
                Then we can use a ssg or joule thief circuit to charge the caps up to the high voltage real quick using the method from JB that I posted earlier. I will post it again.
                This all tell me that batteries loves current but in pulses?
                Yep You got it. John said on the group I think, that the entire dump was negative energy. If you use spikes to fill up the caps then the caps are full of negative energy that has been converted, You know the "green stuff". So the batteries probably love that.
                I am sure there is more than meets the eye in Johns video but I think this switching scenerio is a good start.

Matt

Comment

• JB did mention some time ago that it was a mix of the 2 patents.
                  "Circuits and related methods" and "device and method for pulse charging."
                  Then he also mentioned the Bipolar switch to charge a cap
                  If you look at the solar charger video you will see that the 0V from the power supply runs to the huge cap and the 17v to a black box in the back. Then a wire return from there. It is possible that the black box contains a joule thief circuit with the bifilar coil. I am not sure why it also draws pulse current from the supply as a ssg or joule thief draws a constant current.
                  The 4 caps on the charger part could be 10 000uf 25V. 22mm wide x 40mm high
                  In series they are 2500uf with a 100v capability
                  In parallel they are 40 000 with a 25v capability.
                  If charged up in series to say 40V with radiant energy from the large cap , they will have a output of 15v in parallel with hopefully good current pulses.
                  It will be easier to try this with relays first to try and get it working.
                  Last edited by nvisser; 03-15-2010, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Hi Nvisser,

This was what I'd been trying to make work. I used the latest solar charger adjusted SS SG circuit from that patent to drive a bifilar coil that had 4 additional winds on it so that those 4 winds would charge up 4 caps of whatever size uF rating. Then I would dump these caps in parallel into the load which was a battery being charged.

I initially had only a trifilar coil and had the 3rd winding setup so that it was charging all 4 caps in series with just diodes between each cap to "isolate" the charge on each cap at time of parallel discharge into load. That worked ok, never go massive amp pulses output tho.

Then I went to this later 6 wire coil so that all caps were being charged in parallel off directly isolated strands colocated on the axis of the inductance and this worked allright too... However again when outpulsing into the battery there was no massive amp pulse in excess of the amprage used to fill the system.

I tried these configurations with 4 x 2400uF caps, and then with 2 x 40,000uF and 2 x 110,000uF caps as the capacitance and with my controller driving the setup using the large caps I got a max output pulse of 600-800mA. Input was noted at max of about 1amp or so as well.

Lastly I just did away with the SS SG doing the charging and instead am just switching on both sides of the DC source with a single MJL21194 on both legs to just flat charge the caps to see if there was any difference in input/output. What I saw was a decrease in the max input/output down to 600mA and it was more "even" meaning the input was pretty much identical to the output on the analog ammeter pulses.

I've seen Stevan C's info on u tube and I don't understand how hes switching his setup. Hes using 16 of the 10,000uF 50v caps somehow.

I have noted in looking at caps that might be similar in size to JB's vids that some caps have a dv/dt rating per uS as to how quickly they take charge. Perhaps thats relevant as we need a cap that charges very fast which means we need to get specific caps to be able to generate the effect.

Interesting stuff... Next will be the normal brandt controller.
                    Gene

Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                    JB did mention some time ago that it was a mix of the 2 patents.
                    "Circuits and related methods" and "device and method for pulse charging."
                    Then he also mentioned the Bipolar switch to charge a cap
                    If you look at the solar charger video you will see that the 0V from the power supply runs to the huge cap and the 17v to a black box in the back. Then a wire return from there. It is possible that the black box contains a joule thief circuit with the bifilar coil. I am not sure why it also draws pulse current from the supply as a ssg or joule thief draws a constant current.
                    The 4 caps on the charger part could be 10 000uf 25V. 22mm wide x 40mm high
                    In series they are 2500uf with a 100v capability
                    In parallel they are 40 000 with a 25v capability.
                    If charged up in series to say 40V with radiant energy from the large cap , they will have a output of 15v in parallel with hopefully good current pulses.
                    It will be easier to try this with relays first to try and get it working.

Comment

• Hi all I think it mite be a good thing to try put one set of caps between the + of your power supply and the + of a radiant charger use the radiant charger to charge a second set of caps at the same time then dump both sets in parallel to your charge battery hope this helps. WILL REED
                      Last edited by rosehillworks; 03-15-2010, 07:11 PM.
                      William Reed

Comment

• John K... (Matt too!)

Hi John,

Sorry about that man. I have been busy at the bench and dropped most groups by the way side so I'm not overly detailed in my posts to groups as theres just to much to try and note if I want to be specific about things. (and retain some sort of context of what I'm doing in relation to those specific things.)

555's are not good to be driven off the SG source battery as the spikes just toast them. I went to radio shack and got a 12volt 300mA wallwart and I use that as my "source" for my controller rather than trying to somehow filter the spikes and noise from the bedini circuits. Thats saved my controllers from burning out since I went to the wallwart. Before that I had to make all the semiconductor placements on my controllers I've built have sockets so that should Anything fail, I just pop it out and replace it. (it got really really tedious having to desolder transistors... specially the h11d1's back 3-4 years ago now.)

I dig the numbered sequence you noted below. One thing to keep in mind is that the parallel Stack will ALWAYS be charging in this sort of configuration. The lower potential stack is always taking charge even thru NPN's as I've wired up the 3 battery switch and just driven a bedini master slave with it in that configuration and the transistors don't care so long as they are properly biased in terms of potential. All potential is relative to the local context that is being measured.

So that said maybe it would be good to use the two SSG's to charge up caps that would be dumped back over the 24volt series stack to try and keep it up in charge?

I have to admit, in the minds eye it seems like the tesla switch with the brandt controller and still 2 unused off timers, one could prolly discharge those two caps from the two SSG's into the series stacks in those off times... (course that depends on how many diodes are in place locking the flows as if you have transistors switching to put the stacks in series this won't work without you somehow decoupling the two end transistors that gate the load and only turn on the center transistors that cause the batteries to be in series. Might be easy now that I think of it.)
                        An idea at least there should be ample charge from this sorta layout.

Unless Stevan C or someone whos replicated what hes doing (would be nice to know cap brand and model as I couldn't make that out from the vids.) can explain how that switching is being performed I'll probably get to converting the controller to work as the tesla switch brandt controller that was noted from Sweets docs on Evgray yahoo group. I drew it out in transistor form then found bedini's old schemo on icehouse and the two are pretty much identical which I was pleasantly suprised by. So that may happen this weekend... we'll see how the week progresses.

Take it easy.
                        Gene

p.S. @ Matt how are you discharging the two coils from your BPM setup into the battery so that one coil is discharging into the positive pole only and one coil is discharging into the negative pole only? Curious how you're doing it. Those caps look like maybe 10uF at 450volts... is that right? Any details you feel like sharing there would be great as it lets me build it out in my noggin.

Originally posted by John_K View Post
                        Hi Gene,

Thanks for the detailed description of your setup 2 posts ago. You kind of lost me in the details but I get the concept of what you're trying to do.

You also get what my idea was. I have a love/hate relationship with 555s. I keep blowing them so now I'm working with a PIC, which is much easier to adjust the timing "on the fly".

I'll take on your suggestion of dual SS SGs as the load for the TS. This would eliminate the need for a separate FWBR to run the SS SG. In my head they could share the same coil and cap as only one SS SG would be on at a time.

Alternatively, (I think this is a better idea) have two totally isolated SS SGs, each with their own cap which would use Bedini's inverted cap pulser circuit to dump the cap into either the 24V series bank or the 12V parallel bank. I'm not sure which would work best though until tested on the bench.

It would work something like this:
                        1. Setup the 24V series bank
                        2. Setup the 12V parallel bank
                        3. Connect the SS SG between the bottom negatives (or positives Matt)
                        4. Pulse SS SG until cap is charged (at 2Hz)
                        5. Disconnect the SS SG
                        6. Dump the cap into chosen bank (TBD)
                        7. Switch sides and repeat

I'll try this setup first by just getting one side to work and then add the vacuum advance later (just kidding!).

Hypothetically, the only losses would be in the caps and the tranny junctions. (My circuit doesn't use diodes in the TS) Tuning the SS SGs and choosing the correct sized cap will be a challenge. JB seems to love running each side of the the TS at 2Hz, so I'll use that as a starting point.

That should keep me busy for a while.

@Matt, this should be easy enough to use relays for switching the cap dumps as well. I've done this with cap pulsers before and it works well.

John K.

Comment

• Thanks Gene...

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the post.

I did used to run my 555's from an external isolated source, but still managed to kill 'em. Anyhoo, I run my PICAXE from an external battery pack too and haven't killed one yet.

I agree with running two SS SGs. Before I came down with the flu I did manage to get one side running on a SS SG. I was then dumping the cap into the 24V bank during off time. However I switched the 24V into 2 x 12V batt's in parallel when dumped.

This is the code I used just for one side, with one SS SG.

Code:
                          setfreq m8
                          main: 
                          let b2 = 0
                          do
                          ;left side 24V, right side 12V. pulse at 2Hz 50% d/c
                          high D.2, B.0, B.2      
                          pause 250
                          low D.2, B.0, B.2
                          pause 250
                          inc b2
                          ;repeat 5 times
                          loop while b2 < 5
                          ;dump cap into left side, batteries in parallel
                          high D.0, D.1, B.7      
                          pause 30
                          low D.0, D.1, B.7
                          goto main
                          This gave me a small nett gain on all 4 batteries over a 12 hour run, nothing Earth shattering but enough encouragement to develop further. This setup is kind of like back-popping, where the cap will charge to 24V over its 5 cycles. The cap is then dumped across the (previous) 24V bank, however they are switched as 2 x 12V batteris in parallel as mentioned above.

The surface charge from the cap dump is then used for the next cycle and so it repeats.

The cap size and voltage will be optimized for best charging performance, ideally at around 4V over the top of the battery. Also the test setup only drew 100mA as the load, which can be increased up to the C20 rate of batteries.

My next plan is to build 2 x 6-filar SS SGs and use one for each side of the load. The additional load will benefit the Tesla Switch part of the circuit and at the same time increase the energy to the collecting caps, which in turn increases the "back-pop" energy.

This is something slightly different to what you and Stevan C are working on, but the idea is of course, to have 4 batteries fully charged in a reasonable amount of time without any external energy. The 4 batteries could then of course be used to power conventional loads.

At the moment it's still theory based on experience, but hopefully will turn into fact within a few weeks.

John K.

Originally posted by genessc View Post
                          Hi John,

Sorry about that man. I have been busy at the bench and dropped most groups by the way side so I'm not overly detailed in my posts to groups as theres just to much to try and note if I want to be specific about things. (and retain some sort of context of what I'm doing in relation to those specific things.)

555's are not good to be driven off the SG source battery as the spikes just toast them. I went to radio shack and got a 12volt 300mA wallwart and I use that as my "source" for my controller rather than trying to somehow filter the spikes and noise from the bedini circuits. Thats saved my controllers from burning out since I went to the wallwart. Before that I had to make all the semiconductor placements on my controllers I've built have sockets so that should Anything fail, I just pop it out and replace it. (it got really really tedious having to desolder transistors... specially the h11d1's back 3-4 years ago now.)

I dig the numbered sequence you noted below. One thing to keep in mind is that the parallel Stack will ALWAYS be charging in this sort of configuration. The lower potential stack is always taking charge even thru NPN's as I've wired up the 3 battery switch and just driven a bedini master slave with it in that configuration and the transistors don't care so long as they are properly biased in terms of potential. All potential is relative to the local context that is being measured.

So that said maybe it would be good to use the two SSG's to charge up caps that would be dumped back over the 24volt series stack to try and keep it up in charge?

I have to admit, in the minds eye it seems like the tesla switch with the brandt controller and still 2 unused off timers, one could prolly discharge those two caps from the two SSG's into the series stacks in those off times... (course that depends on how many diodes are in place locking the flows as if you have transistors switching to put the stacks in series this won't work without you somehow decoupling the two end transistors that gate the load and only turn on the center transistors that cause the batteries to be in series. Might be easy now that I think of it.)
                          An idea at least there should be ample charge from this sorta layout.

Unless Stevan C or someone whos replicated what hes doing (would be nice to know cap brand and model as I couldn't make that out from the vids.) can explain how that switching is being performed I'll probably get to converting the controller to work as the tesla switch brandt controller that was noted from Sweets docs on Evgray yahoo group. I drew it out in transistor form then found bedini's old schemo on icehouse and the two are pretty much identical which I was pleasantly suprised by. So that may happen this weekend... we'll see how the week progresses.

Take it easy.
                          Gene
                          http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• Sounds like a plan John...

Hi John,

I take it the SS SG's at 6 strands will be master/slave variants eh?

At one time it occured to me that there must be a finite volume of space in which a bedini stator sits. That there must be a specific local volume that is filled to some specific point and no further. The master slave setup is one of the few bedini methods that supplies a dynamic shift of resistance that varies for Turn on versus Turn off. Supposing 10 strands at 1ohm a strand, if they all turn on at once its 1/10 or .1ohms as each conducts its portion of current that will fill that volume. When it turns off the resistances on each strand (presuming that we're using each power strand as the collector strand) shows this developed magnetic field a 10times higher resistance back at the 1ohm mark. Have you considered this?

The inductance of this layout overall doesn't shift as all inductances are the same guage wire at the same length. Putting inductances in parallel doesn't shift the inductance value if all the wires follow this requirement.

I'll be curious to see how this sort of "pulsed" on time affects the batteries. I think I'll probably be following your path but will probably be looking at using the collection caps from the two sides to act as the "source" for the load since the alternating tesla switch switching should hopefully keep the batteries charged up. Was looking at some 12volt 230Ah batteries but they're at 200/each so that would get expensive for 6 of those. That would probably be what I need tho to make some decent current pulses of around 20amps at the C20 rate there...

I finally was able to see how Stevan is switching, I'd already done that method of switching but not with that size of capacity. Hes using 75,000uF in parallel with the source, and then two 80,000uF 50v banks of 8 x 10,000uF caps in each. The first 75kuF cap is constantly being fed by the source. The first switch, switches 4 MJL arrays so that that charge in the 75kuF cap is pushed forward to the two 80,000uF caps and then turns off. (I'd think that if it was just the cap as the source, both 80kuF caps would only get roughly half the charge. However since the battery is there to "buffer" the discharge of current from the cap it seems that potentially this would allow the source cap to be held up and should in theory then fill both 80kuF caps to roughly the source volts minus the transistor drops.) I haven't done it exactly this way yet, I still need to augment my controller with another pin header and a couple more arrays to make his arrangement work as I had only setup 6 arrays, 4 for discharge and 2 for charge. Stevan needs at least 7 arrays.

I will say that I tried to use the 2 arrays to source charge from a 78,000uF 40vdc cap into 4 x 2400uF caps which had diodes behind the two arrays to keep the charge into each cap isolated after it switched off. I then used the 4 other arrays to discharge one side of each 2400uF cap (the positive side) with the negative sides going thru blocking diodes before recombining into the negative output lead. The 4 arrays were combined into the positive output lead. This way of setting it up didn't work to generate more amps out than it took to fill the caps in the first place.

Anywho... will be back at the bench on friday... prolly sometime next week I can update the list here as to how thats workin.

Take it easy,
                            Gene

Comment

Sorry I didn't realize the lighting was that bad.

heres another.
                              http://www.matthewcjones.com/power/TeslaSwitch_5_5B.MPG

8 12 volt batteries. 24volt system.

I'm gonna give more detail later. load tests, torque delivery,ect...
                              I just wanted to encourage "wantfreeenergy".
                              I wanna build a go cart with a bigger version.
                              build your own four wheel bike or pedal car, plans and kits

Cheers
                              Matt
                              Matt nice work, May I suggest using thin Stainless contacts that would be like a spring. I was thinking of spark plug gap shim stock. If you have an old spark plug gap tool you could pick out one that had just the right tension without loading the DC motor much and causing excessive friction or wear on your rotor....24

Comment

• LOL

That seems like such a long time ago.

I still have that one although I have removed the motor. It ended up running about 7 - 8 times longer, but really wasn't capable of much else.

The one that is going together now will hopefully set the bar.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X