No announcement yet.

Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what Rick F did... I'm sure someone else has something similar.

I just stumbled up on it trying to make a simple motor attract. When I couldn't get the recovery from my simple motor I wired like monopole to see what would happen. And that was the result. A full inverted H wave.

At the time a couple of us were looking at conditioned capacitors, Electrite. So that what I did with it.

Its something I have wanted to play with but I have not had the time between my big TS, the garden, and my shop I am trying to build.

Matt

Comment

• I tried to compare the pulse with different cap's but don't see much of a difference

comparison.jpg

scratchrobot

Comment

• Matthew
        On this multi coil of mine with a trigger and 8 drive windings won't the magnetic field cancel one another if I invert 4 of the drive coil wires and cause it to give out no reactive pulses?
        I can understand that it can work when you trigger sepatate coils and then parallel the outputs.
        I never before looked on the scope at the pulses of the 2 configurations to see if the waveforms differ.
        To tell you the truth on the ssg I never even new if north or south poles of the magnet are on the outside of the wheel

Comment

• Ya the magnetic field may cancel. I am not sure if the output will though. You will not be able to drive a wheel. If it works it will have to be an oscillator.
          Of course if it doesn't output on one coils at all, then it will need 2 separate coils. But I am not sure it matters.
          But the trigger should work for both sides, or 2 separate coils.

This biggest thing is if you can make it happen one side spiking positive and the other side spiking negative, you will near double the potential in the caps.

Thats the only reason I suggest it as something worth trying. In may not be feasible in your setup. I don't know.

Matt

Comment

• This is a rough plan of what I was thinking should do the job. Again if it on one coil thats open for testing but it should work on 2 coils.

EDIT:: Fixed the schematic

Cheers
            Matt
            Last edited by Matthew Jones; 05-01-2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Matt
              I see how you do it. The second coil is between emitter and ground switching the positive. Will it work with a npn transistor?
              I found that the ssg motor will not run like that unless you use a pnp to switch the positive. Maybe it is different on solid state.
              I tested on my multiple coil and found that if I swap the wire around on one of the windings, the output voltage drops .

Anyway I found that this last series to par. charger I built is just another cap pulsar with the difference that it charge up in series to 100v and discharge at 25V with higher current.
              I blew a few pnp's and shotkey diodes because of the high voltage buildup on the input.
              So I replaced all diodes with normal high voltage 3A diodes . 1N5406's and removed the input transistors and also one of the output transistors and I got the same if not better results.
              If I switch the output to the battery twice/second the output ammeter shows 3.5A pulses of 25v while the input to the ss ssg pulse between 1.2 and 1.5A.
              IF I up the base resistor of the ss ssg to 330ohm it draws less that a amp and the pulsar output reaches 2.5A.
              Here is the new simplified diagram.
              Last edited by nvisser; 01-24-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• I see how you do it. The second coil is between emitter and ground switching the positive. Will it work with a npn transistor?
                I found that the ssg motor will not run like that unless you use a pnp to switch the positive. Maybe it is different on solid state.
                I tested on my multiple coil and found that if I swap the wire around on one of the windings, the output voltage drops .
                I don't see why it wouldn't as long your firing from the signal produced with the trigger. Thats might be whats gets ya using one coil though.

Cheers
                Matt

Comment

• simplified ser to par cap pulsar

YouTube - Simplified radiant ser par charger.avi

Comment

• nvisser,
                    nice build

Do You find the TS circuit a impedance interface too?

I find it is most usefull in PV application in the following (=life saver):
                    1. While below 50% (down to incredible 5% ) ratng of the average sun-irrigation it keeps the gradient across the receiving cells of a bettery high enough to prevent (excessive) sulfation.
                    2. It does manage to recover sulfation for few hours on a battery that a top-off DC would in a day. This is equal to a "free gift" on every OTG solar plant.
                    3. It does allow the batteries to "float" really high while offgassing less than a equivalent DC PV setup.
                    4. It does match the impedances of battery vs PV-array so good, that it even allows charging while the panels deliver less than the bank voltage (in some setups).

But for harvesting from a solidstate coil, i think aircored mutifilar (80x BJT :wow: )with a double MJ15024 2N3440 driven and tuned by a Q/!Q 555 would yield most per joule "burnt" IMHO.

And,
                    nothing compares to a Vanilla SSG (COP~>1) in case rejuvenation, as far as I found this far (the more strands the better COP)

Stevan C.

Comment

• How the potential switch works?

JB said that,
                      "Switching is everything",
                      "With the correct pulsing the semiconductors can go negative"
                      What do you think the correct pulsing is?

I asked myself some questions about the Inverted Potential Switch and
                      made my own assumption on how it works.

I define the Potential Swtich works like this,
                      At the switching moment the potenial move across the semiconductor but
                      without current(if there, much much less),
                      so we only see the potential undectable at the output of the switch.
                      This operation looks like controlled high power "Tunneling Diode"

How about signalling the base of the semiconductor with 'the waveform of
                      tunneling diode' , meaning that when the current goes down but the voltage
                      goes up. so stupid or too naive??
                      Like the signal amplifying funtion of the semiconductor, it amplify the the
                      tunneling wave and goes negative depending on the device.

Why we can't make any success on the TS like Mr Leroy and Bit.
                      I think that's because we didn't make the Potential Switch work properly.

JANG

Comment

• Cap Pulser (Vissie's Version)

Take a look team,

YouTube - Vissie's Cap Pulser design.MPG
                        Great job Vissie.

Thanks

Bit's

Comment

• Bitz is back ya 'aLL

Comment

• New Concept

Originally posted by ashtweth View Post
                            Bitz is back ya 'aLL
                            Thanks Ash

Ok Team, with the technology at hand, (Cap Pulser) here is a new concept and challange that I am working on. Taking a look at the drawing, if we are able to pull a batt out of the "train" to charge it, and then put it back when it is charged, we could utilize the pulser to monitor it's own batt and maintain it while maintining a load. "No two batt partners can be out of the chain". That said batts 1 and 5 could not be charged at the same time as well as the rest of the pairs. A series connection would always have to be maintain to support a load.

Thoughts

Thanks.

Bits
                            Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 05-28-2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• @bits, what do you mean by '3 to 1 charge rate'?

Thanks vissie and bits.
                              Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
                                @bits, what do you mean by '3 to 1 charge rate'?

Thanks vissie and bits.
                                Hi Ben, it only takes 10 to 30 milliamps to charge the "pulser" which then delivers almost 300 milliamps to the batt. 3 to 1.

Hope this helps.

Bit's

Comment

Working...
                                X