Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John
    Where Q1 is your missing the capacitor and you have the resistor on the wrong side of the transistor.
    Is that intentional?

I've got one running right now with that addition (hand drawn section). It seems to be holding steady But I did like the schematic said. I also couldn't get it to run stable by adding a load in there so I went back and added bulb like Mr Johns schematic. Its holding its voltage but no charging. I am also paying for the switching with the main battery.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaMonkey View Post
      What is the purpose of Q1?

You may want to re-think the common connected bases of Q2 and Q3 since one is a 'high side' switch and the other is a 'low side' switch. In normal operation their base voltages will be considerably different while in conduction. You'll have to drive each of those two individually.
      @SeaMonkey, without knowing this circuit in great detail, I would say that when q1 triggers, it sets the coil shown to energize and upon collapsing, it feeds a negitive spike to the batt. This is an attempt to maintain charge. That said, I suggest you build these circuits describe in this thread to explore the non-convential learning of negative energy. I know that you were a large contributer on other fourms, but heed the suggestions from Matt, Citfa, John K. and others (myself) in showing, not telling. We have all been there, done that. Please help us, help you, and return, you help us, oh wait, that is OU. LOL

Bit's

Comment

• Originally posted by John_K View Post
        Vissie,

The load is shown on the controller diagram. It's the part of the circuit where the 2w 22ohm resistor is switched via the NTE3042 at the same time as the 'charge output'.
        The part in the audio files is where B&R say that they "put the bulb across the battery, and it shone full brightness" (can't remember the exact words, but it's there)
        I'm thinking that when the device is tuned to the sub-harmonic resonant frequency of the battery, the load (bulb) is seen as a dead short so the linear instrument all read zero. This is why the bulb shines so bright. Remember they were using a 48W bulb, or 4A @12V. That's like a quartz halogen bulb. Scalar waves can do interesting things

I also think we need to focus on tuning the 'thing' until the bulb lights up full and switch off the meters until we have that.

I'm going to draw up the full schematic soon, so I'll post it when I'm done.

John K.
        John
        I see the diagram completely different and is under the impression that the extra opto driven from pin 7 of the 74367, the 27ohm resistor and cap are there to generate the 5V for the ttl chips and to isolate it from the scalar waves as they mentioned on the interview. The earth that is between the cap and the resistor than becomes your 5v supply ground and the +12v becomes the 5V (Vcc). The battery terminals (12v) are called +12v and -12V.
        The load must be where John Bedini showed it in his diagram.
        I also want to welcome Seamonkey here. I know him from the waterfuelforall forum that closed down now and we can all learn something from him.
        I welcome all new knowledge into this field and know that fast cutoff times are important.
        I saw it with my own eyes as my friend Watkykjy accomplished it to get a battery to charge itself with his Bob Boyce hex controller and toroid transformer that was build for a waterfuelcell. It uses a pic , high frequencies, short 5usec duty cycle and very sharp rise and fall times accomplished by mosfets with driver chips.
        See this videos:
        http://www.youtube.com/user/watkykjy...Hex_Controller
        Last edited by nvisser; 08-27-2010, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• SeaMonkey,

I have absolutely no idea. I haven't got a clue.

John K.
          Perhaps the observation provided was too brief. This is with regard to your circuit diagram: Scalar Wave Charger

Your diagram shows the bases of Q2 and Q3 directly connected together in an effort to receive base current by means of a single opto-islolator.

When the "Charge" input is activated and the "Charge" opto-transistor goes into conduction to provide base current to its associated transistors Q2 and Q3, there will be a circuit malfunction.

Transistor Q3 (Low Side Switch) will receive base current thereby 'clamping' both bases (Q2 and Q3) to approximately 0.7 Volts.

This will cause the Base-Emitter junction of transistor Q2 to become reverse-biased and possibly go into avalanche. The circuit will malfunction.

It is not possible to drive both Q2 and Q3 simultaneously in the manner shown on your diagram. They must be driven independently from separate transistors in order to avoid interference.

Assemble a similar circuit on a breadboard for evaluation and with voltages applied monitor circuit operation. The problem will become obvious.

Comment

• With respect to the Scalar Charger Diagram:

As shown on the diagram Q2 is an NPN configured as an Emitter Follower which is a non-saturation mode (even when successfully turned on.)

A better approach for the High Side switch would be to utilize a PNP transistor in 'upside down' configuration. This will enable the high side switch to go into 'saturation' when activated thereby charging its associated capacitor to the maximum battery voltage (without the loss inherent in the NPN Emitter Follower).

Comment

• Originally posted by nvisser View Post
              John
              I see the diagram completely different and is under the impression that the extra opto driven from pin 7 of the 74367, the 27ohm resistor and cap are there to generate the 5V for the ttl chips and to isolate it from the scalar waves as they mentioned on the interview. The earth that is between the cap and the resistor than becomes your 5v supply ground and the +12v becomes the 5V (Vcc). The battery terminals (12v) are called +12v and -12V.
              The load must be where John Bedini showed it in his diagram.
              Hi Vissie,

I see it differently, but let's not fight about it. I don't know the specs of the ICs, but I'm assuming that they will run on 12V and the cap was there to keep the Vcc clean, which you mentioned a couple of pages ago.

Anyhow, I'll build it tomorrow the way I see it and will post whether it worked or not.

John K.
              http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• When will your transistors arrive. Did you get a prize on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaMonkey View Post
                  Perhaps the observation provided was too brief. This is with regard to your circuit diagram: Scalar Wave Charger

Your diagram shows the bases of Q2 and Q3 directly connected together in an effort to receive base current by means of a single opto-islolator.

When the "Charge" input is activated and the "Charge" opto-transistor goes into conduction to provide base current to its associated transistors Q2 and Q3, there will be a circuit malfunction.

Transistor Q3 (Low Side Switch) will receive base current thereby 'clamping' both bases (Q2 and Q3) to approximately 0.7 Volts.

This will cause the Base-Emitter junction of transistor Q2 to become reverse-biased and possibly go into avalanche. The circuit will malfunction.

It is not possible to drive both Q2 and Q3 simultaneously in the manner shown on your diagram. They must be driven independently from separate transistors in order to avoid interference.

Assemble a similar circuit on a breadboard for evaluation and with voltages applied monitor circuit operation. The problem will become obvious.
                  SeaMonkey,

Thank you for your comments and recommendations. It appears you misunderstood the intention of the schematic. Please allow me to clarify:

My intention was to simply create a schematic from 2 separate hand-drawn diagrams to help understand the circuit better. That is all I wanted to do at this stage. The original drawings showed the bases of the 2 transistors tied together, so this is what I did. I also said that I don't know whether it worked or not.

I work very slowly and methodically. I do not claim to know everything, which is why I try and spend a lot of time learning new things. Perhaps I should have been clearer from the start and asked people to just tell me if they thought if my schematic was an accurate reflection of the two diagrams.

The only change I made was to replace the TTL ICs with a PIC and remove 1 capacitor. So I will re-state my question: Does anyone disagree that the schematic I created was an accurate facsimile of the original drawing?

Vissie has already responded and I respect his opinion and feedback. Once we have an accurate schematic to work from, we can then discuss what we think will or won't work and then move on. Let's not jump to any conclusions about what we think we might not might not know until we have a foundation to work from.

One thing is for sure - Bill & Ray claimed to have a working device which was demonstrated to a number of people and then they disappeared. So, either they lied or the schematic they handed to John Bedini which we have to work from is wrong. Since Bill & Ray are no longer around we only have one choice, which to me is fairly obvious.

John K.

Comment

• Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                    When will your transistors arrive. Did you get a prize on it?
                    I haven't asked for a price yet because no one has told me if they want any or how many they want. At this stage I will get 6 for myself so I can try and match 3 for the circuit and some spares.

Please let me know ASAP how many you want, then I will check if he has enough and how much they are.

John K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                      John
                      Where Q1 is your missing the capacitor and you have the resistor on the wrong side of the transistor.
                      Is that intentional?

I've got one running right now with that addition (hand drawn section). It seems to be holding steady But I did like the schematic said. I also couldn't get it to run stable by adding a load in there so I went back and added bulb like Mr Johns schematic. Its holding its voltage but no charging. I am also paying for the switching with the main battery.

Matt
                      Thanks Matt,

The way I see it is the capacitor is in parallel to the 12V battery, which I believe was placed there to filter the Vcc. The resistor may be drawn wrong in the circuit - where do you find -12V, you find it on the negative of the battery terminal if you use the positive as the 0V reference. So yes, perhaps the resistor should be between the collector of Q1 and the +ve rail. I'll redraw it and post up a new version.

John K.

Comment

• Ron Cole's bipolar scalar charger

If you look at Ron Cole's bipolar scalar charger you will see that he used the bipolar switch to do it and he switched the high side with a PNP.
                        The load is positioned in the same place as where JB put it.
                        I do not know of anybody that replicated this circuit and John said that Ron never told him how the charger performed

Comment

• JOHNK
                          Just let me know what they cost and how many you can get. I can get you some money quik.

Matt

Comment

• nvisser,

Your low-side switch diagram will work as it is shown, however, there is no way to utilize the charged capacitor to speed up turn-off by 'discharging' across the base emitter junction of the input transistor of the pair.

Imagine a wire connected from the anode of the diode extending upward to the emitter of the input transistor - this will provide the 'discharge' path for the capacitor to the base-emitter junction of the transistor in order to clear 'carriers' from the base region and thereby speed up turn-off. This connection needs only be made at turn-off and is normally accomplished by one of the transistors in the totem-pole driver needed to properly drive the sziklai pair.

In truth, since virtually all transistors in use today are silicon, it would be best to use two series connected diodes across the capacitor. This will enable the capacitor to charge to approximately 1.2~1.4 Volts with base current flow. Then at turn-off this voltage would appear across the base emitter junction as a reverse bias to clear 'carriers' from the base and greatly accelerate cessation of collector current.

Comment

• Originally posted by nvisser
                              Will this work better. I used John Bedini's bipolar switch in there. With a pnp to switch the high side.
                              Yes, that is a better solution. It will allow both capacitors to charge fully before re-connecting them in series for discharge.

Admittedly, switching speed is less critical for capacitor charging than it is for the discharging pulse back into the battery. The 'charge' pulse may be quite long without any adverse effects but the 'discharge' pulse must be very fast and very sharp.

Comment

• Could you open my circuit in paint and try and correct it for me please. Save as jpeg. Or could you post a bipolar transistor circuit that is like you described.
                                I tried to modified it like you said but could not managed to get it to look correct. I noted that the series switch collector and emitter were the wrong way round in my diagram.
                                Thanks
                                Vissie

Comment

Working...
                                X