• Originally posted by SeaMonkey View Post
    Excellent!

That and other very interesting and informative
    documents may be downloaded here:

IXYS Technical Resources | Applications

Read as many as you're able to find some
    incredible 'gems' of insight to enhance your
    understanding.

Simplified Battery Pulsing Circuit in thumbnail.

There is a message here SeaMonkey, its called "Plagiarizing". Plagiarize \'pla-je-,riz also j - -\ vb -rized; -riz·ing vt [plagiary] : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (a created production) without crediting the source vi: to commit literary theft: present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source - pla·gia·riz·er n
    FROM: Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary 9th ed, (Springfield, Ma: Merriam 1981, p. 870).

When I asked you to post a schematic of your thoughts, I was referring to "Yours", something you can call your own and share with the group, your own Idea proven or not. You might want to read the rules of the forum,

"2. DO NOT post messages that might infringe upon the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of others".

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
      There is a message here SeaMonkey, its called "Plagiarizing". Plagiarize \'pla-je-,riz also j - -\ vb -rized; -riz·ing vt [plagiary] : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (a created production) without crediting the source vi: to commit literary theft: present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source - pla·gia·riz·er n
      FROM: Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary 9th ed, (Springfield, Ma: Merriam 1981, p. 870).

When I asked you to post a schematic of your thoughts, I was referring to "Yours", something you can call your own and share with the group, your own Idea proven or not. You might want to read the rules of the forum,

"2. DO NOT post messages that might infringe upon the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of others".
      Fear not.

The circuit in question is a very old one. In
      fact the 'original' was a vacuum tube
      implementation.

The circuit was presented as 'food for thought'
      as it has been in the 'public domain' for many,
      many decades.

Now, can you see a relevant use for the
      'principle' of Charge Pumping and how it
      relates to the discussion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
        IT is possible that with hi voltage it might work. Some time ago Arron showed HV running through a diode backward. Maybe. Those caps are not going to allow enough flow for 30 hp motor.

I set it up with a bridge and everything I just had the top switch wired backwards. It took 4 looks before I realized.

I apologize to everyone. And especially Vissie.

Matt
        No problem Matt. It is good for us to get exited every now and then. It happened to me a while ago that the voltage kept rising only to find that multimeter were faulty.

Comment

• plentora of things and stuff )

Hi all,
          I bring stuff and thoughts for all:

1. NOTE: i make errors, check my circuits and check principles against plain common sense? It is possible that i wire up a sketch that has errors in it?

2. I plan to make a 60A variant in MJL before I switch entirely to IRF and 200A
          3. The brains are halfway there already (a ATmega48 based Quer from JYETech (namely 07301) (<-Google it out))
          4. It will hopefully be a new version of a howto when ready
          5. I hope we all make progress here not pointless arguments (please be patient an as polite as practical?) ?

now stuffs:
          1. @SeaMonkey, I run tests in SPICE already regarding Your charge pumps (CP) no spikes? maybe negative ones (=bad for battery)? how come?

2. The TS PV AMP has accented unidirectional kicks that are absent in the CP You posted.

3. I re-arranged the components in the drawing You posted, hope You don't mind i re-posted it here, so we (layman) see the process better?

4. The rest are the circuits I'm currently "planning about" The MOSFET and BJT versions checked in SPICE (no hardware yet)...

5. comments:

Best regards,
          Stevan C.
          Attached Files

Comment

• @SeaMonkey,
            my apology for spike absence
            @all
            where did I go wrong before so I didn't get spikes, that I now get?

Best regards,
            Stevan C.

Comment

• Spikes are there (HO-HO-HO (=LoL) )

SeaMonkey, this is the most simple CP yet, is it public domain? Who is the autor?

This seems to be the best favorite yet, I have to run inductance sim befor i go hardware.

thanks a milion!

Stevan C.

Comment

• That charge pump circuit SeaMonkey posted is straight out of the document above ( IXAN0009.pdf ) that Bits-n-Bytes posted. This is a bit over my head so I have to ask what is the significance of this charge pump and how can it be useful?
                There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• The battery is supposed to absorb better when the energy is pulsed to it. Lowers the impedance that gets higher as the battery is charged, allowing the battery to take more charge.

Matt

Comment

• I have redrawn that circuit and it is a normal ac to dc voltage doubler with the big difference that it is pulsed dc of 400Khz on the input with sharp rise and fall times instead of 50Hz ac.
                    I think I will try this one sometime to see the effect on a battery.
                    Last edited by nvisser; 08-27-2010, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ewizard View Post
                      That charge pump circuit SeaMonkey posted is straight out of the document above ( IXAN0009.pdf ) that Bits-n-Bytes posted. This is a bit over my head so I have to ask what is the significance of this charge pump and how can it be useful?
                      The 'charge pump' is a simple voltage doubler, in
                      its minimum form, which has many applications.

Look at the circuit configuration for the High Side
                      MosFet Driver Circuit. Look at Cboot.
                      (Search for High Side Driver Circuit diagram for layout)

See how it is charged then added to the potential
                      at the Source terminal of the High Side MosFet?
                      In order to 'charge' the Gate Capacitance to a
                      'higher' potential.

It is also abundantly used in low voltage applications
                      as a 'point of load' voltage boost circuit where a
                      'doubled Vcc or Vdd' is needed.

With variations it can also be configured as a
                      'polarity reversal' circuit.

Do a search for 'charge pump' with your favorite
                      search engine and acquire a 'new look' at a very
                      old idea.

In virtually any collection of '555 Timer Circuits' you'll
                      see a very popular implementation of the same
                      circuit. It's a favorite hobbyist circuit that sometimes
                      gets 'forgotten.'

The two MosFets which are stacked vertically as
                      depicted in the diagram, are 'key' to the circuit.

Think 'totem pole.' It is a very common and very
                      useful configuration that has a multitude of
                      applications.
                      the 'key' to the s
                      Last edited by SeaMonkey; 08-19-2010, 11:47 PM. Reason: Omission

Comment

• Just out a curiosity...
                        What about stepping down voltage. Is there anything like that that can step down voltage just with switching no inductor's? Maybe retain some amperage.
                        I don't want use a voltage divider. Resistance makes heat and capacitors don't allow the amperage to flow well.

Just a side thought.
                        Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                          Just out a curiosity...
                          What about stepping down voltage. Is there anything like that that can step down voltage just with switching no inductor's? Maybe retain some amperage.
                          I don't want use a voltage divider. Resistance makes heat and capacitors don't allow the amperage to flow well.

Just a side thought.
                          Matt
                          Here's a very old circuit from a magazine article years
                          ago. It didn't scan with a great deal of clarity but by
                          checking the transistor types you'll be able to determine
                          which are NPN and which are PNP.

It would be possible to upgrade this circuit with MosFets
                          for increased efficiency and greater output current.

The voltage regulator as used in this circuit is optional.
                          Last edited by SeaMonkey; 11-05-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by StevanC View Post
                            check my circuits ...
                            Best regards,
                            Stevan C.
                            Steven, or anyone else that recognises this format.

What program are you using
                            that uses a dark background please ?

I like the improved visibility from that,
                            and the ease of following circuit pathes
                            to my tired old (Ancient) eyes.

Thanks in advance

SeaMonkey, hope you don't mind.

I twiddled with your pic to bring out data.

At least the Emitters can be identified,
                            couldn't do anything with the OP amp insert.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by WeThePeople; 08-21-2010, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeThePeople View Post

I twiddled with your pic to bring out data.

At least the Emitters can be identified,
                              couldn't do anything with the OP amp insert.
                              Your work is much appreciated by all.

Thanks!

Comment

• the circuit &quot;wizard&quot; explained )

Originally posted by WeThePeople View Post
                                Steven, or anyone else that recognises this format.

What program are you using
                                hat uses a dark background please ?
                                @WeThePeople

sorry, I use Linear Technoly's LTspice/SwitherCAD from here (has merely dark BG) and once all works (=Ques as expected) i do a "maximize" of the window;
                                "printscreen" screen capture (as bitmap)
                                and I save usually as a *.png
                                therefrom I open up GIMP (A GNU kind of "photoshop", only better IMHO)
                                and there I
                                • crop the pic (program interface away)
                                • scale the pic (640x or 800x if small text (avoiding 1024x if possible at all)
                                • invert (there from I get the excellent contrast :^) )
                                • add "softglow" effect that emphasizes the edges and makes OCR a tough go
                                • add "unsharp mask" to give back the good readability to human eye
                                • eventually add a author/subject/licence line
                                • finally save it as *.jpg for posting here (won't have *.png ? )

So this is the great "mystery" explained in broad daylight

I like the improved visibility from that,
                                and the ease of following circuit pathes
                                to my tired old (Ancient) eyes.
                                I take that as a compliment to my personal effort, visibility was my original goal, besides a bit of "eye candy" ...

Thanks in advance
                                (snip)
                                You are welcome, not that I really helped a bit

You know, once upon a time, somebody asked me:
                                Q:"are there great looking "wizards" in Slackware, and where are they?"
                                (Slackware is a sort of GNU/Linux operating system for computers)
                                A:"well, boy, they usually sit behind the keyboard..."

So, have in mind, there is really no substitute for knowledge as far as I can tell.

Best regards,
                                Stevan C.

Ah,
                                circuit design pictures galore continued: (a collectible graphic series "as seen on TV" )
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X