Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wwdotme View Post
    Is thier a thread started where they are using or making the mechanical 4 battery switch. I see where some talk about making one but seems they just mention it nothing really more.

My electronic skills aren't that good so I been collecting paprts to build a mechanical one to play with.

Thanks Bill
    I'm working on one. It's a rotating mechanical commutator. My intent is to produce line voltage (via transformer) and frequency (50-60hz).

Most of these guys are using transistors to get higher frequencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
      Ok Matt you made me do it. Here is a peek at what I have been working on in an effort to do what you are talking about, as well as LENZ avoidance. It's not perfected. Thanks to Vissie and John Koorn for there input. As John calls it, "The Wilson Coil". As for the construction, the inner coil is 22awg or 5 ohms (still seeing where the optimum is) wound with the "Right hand Rule" to be able to "pulse" the SG. Then the outer coil is (still in expermintation, i.e. 5 filiar, single conductor) wound the "Opposite" direction, filling the remaining space. The inner coil is pulsed from the 2 Cap pulser which accomplishes several things. The first being a pulse to drive the SG, the second is to use a very low input current (500ma) and deliver a 1.5 - 3 amp output pulse, and the third is to create a "very sharp" transiate FLUX (the hidden energy) to influence the "outer" coil. With the outer coil being wound "opposite" early tests are showing a slight amplifying effect on the transient spike and during any current draw on this coil, is actually assisting the pulse "north pole" repulsion. Ok, that extruded some gray matter energy With now a huge transient spike getting delivered to a cap for storage, Viola!, we now have a way to "close the loop" (wihout really closing the loop) if you know what I mean.

Food for thought.

Jeff
      It's an interesting circuit Jeff.

I'd suggest a slight modification.

Rather than using the Full Wave Bridge Rectifier
      to collect energy I'd use the Full Wave Voltage
      Doubler configuration which only requires two
      diodes. It does require an additional capacitor
      however.

In the event that the positive going pulses and
      the negative going pulses from your pickup coil
      are non-symmetrical and differ in amplitudes,
      the full wave bridge rectifier will not capture all
      of that energy. It will only capture the dominant
      half cycle.

The full wave voltage doubler will collect each
      half cycle at its full amplitude even if they're
      different. Then the sum of the two will appear
      across the collection capacitors for application
      to whatever 'load' you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaMonkey View Post

however.

half cycle.

Thanks.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
          Ok Matt you made me do it. Here is a peek at what I have been working on in an effort to do what you are talking about, as well as LENZ avoidance. It's not perfected. Thanks to Vissie and John Koorn for there input. As John calls it, "The Wilson Coil". As for the construction, the inner coil is 22awg or 5 ohms (still seeing where the optimum is) wound with the "Right hand Rule" to be able to "pulse" the SG. Then the outer coil is (still in expermintation, i.e. 5 filiar, single conductor) wound the "Opposite" direction, filling the remaining space. The inner coil is pulsed from the 2 Cap pulser which accomplishes several things. The first being a pulse to drive the SG, the second is to use a very low input current (500ma) and deliver a 1.5 - 3 amp output pulse, and the third is to create a "very sharp" transiate FLUX (the hidden energy) to influence the "outer" coil. With the outer coil being wound "opposite" early tests are showing a slight amplifying effect on the transient spike and during any current draw on this coil, is actually assisting the pulse "north pole" repulsion. Ok, that extruded some gray matter energy With now a huge transient spike getting delivered to a cap for storage, Viola!, we now have a way to "close the loop" (wihout really closing the loop) if you know what I mean.

Food for thought.

Jeff
          Quick, put the cat back in the bag

I didn't get much time to play with the coil yesterday Jeff, too busy restoring a 6V starter battery with the 2 cap pulser

John K.
          http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by chainmailleman View Post
            I'm working on one. It's a rotating mechanical commutator. My intent is to produce line voltage (via transformer) and frequency (50-60hz).

Most of these guys are using transistors to get higher frequencies.
            Cool.. I'm just getting started on building mine. Got diodes, batteries, and collecting parts to build comutator.

Comment

• I bought a bunch of 85 Amp diodes for my project, but I just left them on the shelf. You need them for transistors, but since we are using rotating commutators, we can get away without using them. I'm using copper pipe pieces for the contacts. I'll see what I can do about getting some kind of drawing or something to show you what I'm up to. It's painfully simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaMonkey View Post

however.

half cycle.

Hi Seamonkey
                Something like this?
                Last edited by nvisser; 11-09-2010, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• update

Just to update You gentleman:
                  1. I was wrong: no schotky burned trough: cold solder (beware!)
                  2. The CP (Charge Pump) although working, does seem a bit loading the panel too much (45W panel at sub optimal irrigation times)
                  3. The MJLs are all doing well (thanks for asking) while i decided to swap the MJE15031 with the BD140 as the lower Vce play a MAJOR ROLE in keeping the MJL saturated well (=working to satisfaction)

The soon I replaced the driver to BD140 that instant the switch "took off" from anemic to "kicking"
                  I have to take measurements yet...

And i did tweak a bit the "brains" (aka TS-PV-Amp 3525 based "Quer")

Best regards,
                  Stevan C.
                  P.S.
                  Photos coming soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                    Hi Seamonkey
                    Something like this?
                    Isn't that the identical action of a Bridge with the added capacitance (For what reason I can't see). I mean you put AC in a bridge and the power travels through 2 diodes no matter what. What benifit is the capacitors and rest of the pattern?

Matt

Comment

• Hi Matt,

I believe with this circuit you will get twice the voltage of a bridge and only half the current. Look at this way: during one half the cycle the top cap will charge and during the other half the bottom cap will charge. Across both caps together you will get twice the voltage of a bridge and single cap, but only half the current because each cap is only getting charged during half a cycle. I hope that makes sense. And I hope I understand it right too.

Carroll
                      Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• This should work well for the 2 cap pulsar as we need high voltage and little current for it to operate.
                        So in Bits application he won't need to much turns on his gen. coils to reach the required voltage for the 2 cap pulsar input.
                        And hopefully less drag if any.
                        See:Voltage multiplier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                        Voltage doubler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                        Last edited by nvisser; 08-23-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chainmailleman View Post
                          I bought a bunch of 85 Amp diodes for my project, but I just left them on the shelf. You need them for transistors, but since we are using rotating commutators, we can get away without using them. I'm using copper pipe pieces for the contacts. I'll see what I can do about getting some kind of drawing or something to show you what I'm up to. It's painfully simple.
                          Very interested in seeing. I'm focused on the same basic setup. There is a yahoo group called 'tesla switch' where they were building this type of setup but the group does not seem active at this time. There are some pics there for ideas though.
                          There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Simple Diagram

Simplest diode-less configuration.
                            Last edited by SeaMonkey; 11-05-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• I have got several like that. What do you wanna know?
                              I tell ya I would like to know how to do it in Mosfets...

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                                I have got several like that. What do you wanna know?
                                I tell ya I would like to know how to do it in Mosfets...

Matt
                                Then we must get those "creative juices"
                                flowing into the brain cells!

In certain applications it is necessary to
                                utilize what is known as a "Floating MosFet
                                Driver Circuit."

Some are available as chips.

It is possible to construct your own.

Small toroidal transformers also work very well.

The circuit layout must be analyzed to determine
                                whether the MosFet Body Diode presents problems
                                for current switching. If so, then a pair of MosFets
                                "belly-to-belly" (Source-to-Source) must be utilized
                                in that/those circuit locations.

First step is to draw up a 'block diagram' with the
                                proposed switching scheme.

Are you game?

Design Objective:

Implement switching circuit utilizing no more than
                                six MosFets with no external diodes in current paths.
                                Last edited by SeaMonkey; 08-24-2010, 01:14 AM. Reason: Added Design Objective

Comment

Working...
                                X