Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Charging

In my charger only----------

Now, I'm trying to bring back a NICD battery, so this may not mean much for lead acid, but I'm seeing that between 15-35% duty cycle that there is a "type" of signal when the battery charges. Above or below these duty cycle values (at 10000-250000 Hz), the battery does not charge. I can see the "types" of signals when it does not like to charge and when it does. Need to test "our" type of batteries for the TS. But anyway, in these ranges for the NiCd...the battery charges very well. Need to test on some deep cycle batteries.....

The wonders of computers and being able to print out stuff and see what is happening...it is a nice and wonderful thing.

Leroy

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaMonkey View Post
      Decide first whether you wish to 'capture' the
      EMI/RFI or simply 'dissipate' it to protect the switching
      MosFets and associated circuitry.

Diverting the spikes into an energy collection array
      or a battery will generally render it harmless.

If you wish to use a transient energy absorber for
      a particularly troublesome 'spike' then select one
      with a breakover voltage equal to the device being
      protected, or lower.

For a MosFet rated for 100 Volt service, use a
      transient absorber rated for no more than 100
      Volts breakover.

Most MosFets (and transistors for that matter)
      will exhibit an 'actual' breakover (or avalanche)
      that is slightly higher than their rated values;
      the transient absorbers will have a precise
      breakover voltage as listed so will grab the
      'spike' before it hazards the MosFet.

Snubbers may also be used in select circuit
      locations to minimize spike effects. Usually
      to prevent 'false' switching or 'latchup.'

- - - - - - -

Has anyone yet done the lead acid battery
      pulse discharge test in order to identify the
      'overvoltage' pulse which results?

To do this you'll need a high current MosFet
      to switch battery current into a 'load' of
      0.5 Ohms. Drive the MosFet with a pulse
      generator (and appropriate Gate Driver
      chip to get sharp pulses) with varying pulse
      widths of from 5 microSeconds to 100 microSeconds
      at a frequency of about 100 Hz.

Pulse widths may be increased to about 500
      microSeconds if needed in order to see the
      best result.

"Scope" the battery terminals as the battery
      is being pulsed into the 'load' to see the
      Overvoltage Pulse that the battery produces
      immediately following the discharge pulse.

By adjusting the pulse width you should be
      able to find a maximum or peak overvoltage
      pulse for each battery being tested.

Do you know what we're looking for here?

Will any who have the ability to perform the
      testing and provide feedback to the project
      please do so?

The test may prove interesting for other
      kinds of batteries as well (NiCd, NiMH, LiPO)
      to determine whether they'll have a
      'resonant' characteristic.
      Appreciate the info.

I'll be able to try that test soon. I got a little more I wanna look into.

Thanks again
      Matt

Comment

• Welcome back (again) )

Glad to have You back Leroy :tumbsup:

I did some more math:
        83.33 average amp draw = 1666.67Ah capacity needed (deep cycle preferably) for conventional storage

IF TS can provide the 1:4 ratio (and only if it CAN) we deal with:416 Ah capacity here gentleman.

Now according to the news article in the PDF I've read, we need total 416Ah in all batteries to extract four times the power:
        if we use the Brandt-TS (4 banks) we need about 110Ah each in four batteries (that makes 8 Trojans right?)

And if we make the progenitor-TS (the 6 banks) we need as little as 69.44 (~75Ah) for each battery: well within a cranking area (the 130Ah rated ones).

This is merely a consideration.

Now, where to do we dump that energy into? we need a steady load for the TS and a home really isn't one right?
        Well we could use two banks switched at 6Hrs each that are charged by the TS:
        A. either in a place of one of the batteries
        B. By means of a transformer with the secondary rectified and fed to the battery

The A limits our battery to the TS rating (73Ah or 110Ah)
        The B really imposes hardly any limit to our "delivering" battery and leaves us to following calculus:

A. 1Kw @12V = 83.33A

B. C20(83.33A)=1666.67 Ah

C. DoD(depth of discharge)=25% (we run 6h swap)
        -allows use of cranking batteries or marine batteries (no need for deep cycle at this DoD)
        -we could charge with pulsing to get juvenile batteries - allowing dismissal of even marine ones in favor of the cheapest cranking ones...
        -since we always swap at 6hr or at 25% DoD we can claim guaranteed DoD which gives the batteries even more slack

D. 1700Ah is 17x100Ah cranking battery, or 13 (12.9 exactly) pieces of 130Ah rated truck crank battery
        All the math applies for 24V too.

E. The other bank needs to be the same

FAQ:

Q:So, what that better than solar and wind?
        A: It charges on clouds and siestas

Q:is it possible to run indefinitely?
        A: well if the Electro Dyne report is true, it could be.

Q: The TS needs only 420Ah (total) and You say we need 1700Ah twice (!) to sustain a even load?
        A: well the figures look so, I can't really tell how the TS responds to varying load? Maybe we could run it of the original 420Ah

Q: Wow! 420Ah (toal) charges 1700Ah, what a yield ratio!
        A: Aha

my 2c (ha! 1700Ah for 2c only on Energeticforum.com(TM) )

Stevan C.

Comment

• DIY PCBs @HOME "as seen on TV" [for wizards only]

Well this IS a secret, but I'm not pledge to silence

1. get a laser printer handy (the older the better) that has still enough "ink" (powder)

2. Make the exact design and ready the PC+printer to make a mirror image on paper - make sure to draw in the edges of the actual PCB

3. Take a cloth iron handy ad adjust it to not more than 150 C (423 degree K).

4. Print the mirror image of the circuit layout to a usual (plain usual) sheet o paper.

5. Align the cleaned (toothpaste polished ) PCB, facing the copper to the paper, with the PCB edge marks printed. Fasten it with some tape (usual celluloid transparent Tesa(or 3M) tape?)

6. Turn it over and "iron" it, do not over do (make few passes try/fail until succeed?)

7. leave the paper on the PCB and soak it in plain tap water; leave it there for a while

8. take a not too sharp brush and wash away the paper leaving the ironed ink on the copper

9. Voila! the design is on copper now

Caveats:
          A. do not overheat the glue holding the copper while You iron the ink over
          B. make pin-holes in the middle of pads so You have a lead for drilling holes later
          C. make traces as fat as possible - it enhances reliability
          D. make "ground islands" in raster instead of seamless copper: it makes the design look more "profi"
          E. If fail at first attempt, be a bit more patient

This technique is a gift of a friend (Daniel K.), who shoved me razor sharp edged PCBs made with this technique ...

Best regards,
          Stean C.

Comment

• The CENTRAL issue surrounding the TS

In my mind a question is ever closer now:

Is there any increase of total yield in the batteries without inductance in the TS circuit?
            Will we ever break even without the low FVD transformer primary on a heavy core used in the progenitor TS?

Back then (60's) they where all wizards of transformers: They knew how to build them.

And maybe they exploited the kickback and maybe went "hand in hand" with it?

Stevan C.

Comment

• Originally posted by ldissing View Post
              Hope to contribute something soon. Anybody in the Dallas area with a UV light for making PCBs?
              Leroy
              Leroy
              3 Minutes in full sunlight is all you need if you did not spray to much positive on the pc board.
              I have never used a uv light before

Comment

Has anyone yet done the lead acid battery
                pulse discharge test in order to identify the
                'overvoltage' pulse which results?

To do this you'll need a high current MosFet
                to switch battery current into a 'load' of
                0.5 Ohms. Drive the MosFet with a pulse
                generator (and appropriate Gate Driver
                chip to get sharp pulses) with varying pulse
                widths of from 5 microSeconds to 100 microSeconds
                at a frequency of about 100 Hz.

Pulse widths may be increased to about 500
                microSeconds if needed in order to see the
                best result.

"Scope" the battery terminals as the battery
                is being pulsed into the 'load' to see the
                Overvoltage Pulse that the battery produces
                immediately following the discharge pulse.

By adjusting the pulse width you should be
                able to find a maximum or peak overvoltage
                pulse for each battery being tested.

Do you know what we're looking for here?

Will any who have the ability to perform the
                testing and provide feedback to the project
                please do so?

The test may prove interesting for other
                kinds of batteries as well (NiCd, NiMH, LiPO)
                to determine whether they'll have a
                'resonant' characteristic.
                I drew up a diagram as described above and will try and do it in the coming week.
                Bedini said:
                "one way was the SG machine in constant high voltage pulses. The other is abrupt capacitor discharges in one second pulses, this causes the battery sustained for long periods of time, or time charging.
                The Tesla switch is something much different in the way charging is performed. The switch must be set to perform the same function as a capacitor discharge system allowing the differential across the load"
                He also mentioned:"The first part of this is how much potential can you move in a micro second before the current builds up in the circuit"

I guess that is what we are looking for.or are we trying to find the batteries resonant frequency?
                The picaxe 18x code could be like this:

setfreq m8
                Main:
                PULSOUT 3,1 ................5usec (10 =50usec,20=100usec ,100=500usec)
                pause 20 ................ 100hz - all pause commands are half the length at 8MHz
                goto Main
                Last edited by nvisser; 10-19-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• There he is....

Did you ever do any testing? We never heard nothing from ya outside of some basic observations.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleD
                    HI all

Those of you attempting the Fet TS cct...
                    Here is my cct again..
                    I have added some color to help "Simplify" it for you.
                    Hopefully it will help to see how to deal with the issues that arise using Fets/Igbt's.
                    I am not going to go through it all again but it is actually about as simple as you can get.

Later
                    Dave
                    Your drawings are very nicely done.

You've just about got it!

All N-channel MosFets is good!

Eliminate the diodes and devise a way to
                    better isolate the MosFet driver chips
                    from the total circuit.

(Small toroidal transformers)

It might help to re-arrange the positioning
                    of the various components to see more
                    clearly the switching sequence and visualize
                    the current paths.

Comment

Your drawings are very nicely done.

You've just about got it!

All N-channel MosFets is good!

Eliminate the diodes and devise a way to
                      better isolate the MosFet driver chips
                      from the total circuit.

(Small toroidal transformers)

It might help to re-arrange the positioning
                      of the various components to see more
                      clearly the switching sequence and visualize
                      the current paths.
                      @SeaMonkey,

You are pretty hard headed, so I know you will take this in stride, but I get pissed off when someone with no experience with the device (at least you haven't produced squat) tries to tell someone with something that works how to do it better.

Monkey seems like the right name. Build something, that is my last post to you. You have some skill, you can find circuits, but can you really make something work?

Wow, you haven't built crap, but you can tell someone that has how to do it....I'm not impressed. Build something man! You think you have the skills, so do it, build something and tell us of your exploits and we can all fall at your feet as the savior of the TS. Or, just tell us you built something and show us the circuit, we may believe you.

Don't know why you piss me off so much, maybe it is just because you are full of advise and talk but never build anything. That is the scholarly approach, theorize, give advise, write papers (which you haven't done ), develop a schematic (which you haven't done) but don't do a thing. As long as you don't build something...you are never wrong...lovely isn't it.

Maybe floating supplies isn't the only way to do it...but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Leroy

P.S. Until you have mastered the art of floating supplies then maybe you should not comment on others that have. DoubleD has spent some time making this work and I do not appreciate your comments, even though it is not MY circuit...it is condescending to Dave. Maybe if you understood how it worked...or tried to build it...you would see the light, or come up with another approach, mister transformer monkey man.

Comment

• Wasting your breath

Hi Leroy, I can tell you from experience you are wasting your breath. I was told I should give Seamonkey a chance because he has a lot of knowledge about electronics. I have asked him real questions on 3 different occasions and he has never answered even one of them. He has told me I am ignorant and that I don't want to change my thinking but so far he hasn't shown me anything of real value. I even thanked him for some of the references he gave us, but he still comes across with this know-it-all attitude. He tries to sound like he knows how to make the TS work, but ask him a real question about it and see what you get.

By the way glad to see you back and active. Keep on trying and we'll get there some time with or without "expert" help. I am just now getting back into testing again after spending most of the summer working on the house. Right now I am working on some testing based on some ideas I got from looking at some of Synchro's posts in the one magnet no bearing SSG thread. I hope to get back on the TS next week.

Take care, Carroll
                        Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

@SeaMonkey,
                          You are pretty hard headed, so I know you will take this in stride, but I get pissed off when someone with no experience with the device (at least you haven't produced squat) tries to tell someone with something that works how to do it better.
                          Monkey seems like the right name. Build something, that is my last post to you. You have some skill, you can find circuits, but can you really make something work?
                          Wow, you haven't built crap, but you can tell someone that has how to do it....I'm not impressed. Build something man! You think you have the skills, so do it, build something and tell us of your exploits and we can all fall at your feet as the savior of the TS. Or, just tell us you built something and show us the circuit, we may believe you.
                          Don't know why you piss me off so much, maybe it is just because you are full of advise and talk but never build anything. That is the scholarly approach, theorize, give advise, write papers (which you haven't done ), develop a schematic (which you haven't done) but don't do a thing. As long as you don't build something...you are never wrong...lovely isn't it.
                          Maybe floating supplies isn't the only way to do it...but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                          Leroy
                          P.S. Until you have mastered the art of floating supplies then maybe you should not comment on others that have. DoubleD has spent some time making this work and I do not appreciate your comments, even though it is not MY circuit...it is condescending to Dave. Maybe if you understood how it worked...or tried to build it...you would see the light, or come up with another approach, mister transformer monkey man.
                          Ya that one left a bad taste in my mouth as well. Just when I thought I could get over it. I would have rather seen a modified schematic but...

And I wish Dave would give us a clue how it performed but thats his business.

I have been pounding this stuff now for a few days when I got time. I am thinking that the drivers and the toroids and all that are just not simple enough.
                          There are easier ways to go about it.
                          Mosfets may work just fine but adding all the drivers and the support parts they need just seems to tedious.

I have one relay circiut for high power (5 amp) and they work. But I am convinced they can be reworked with mosfets for more power.

If you look at the turn on time, on widely available in Mosfets drivers they aren't that fast. 2 mosfets in a Darlington type config and a opto setup to turn on the the gates is alot faster. The First mosfet does not heat up because of the low power and the second does not heat up because the is power correctly according the source. I think thats all I was missing with my first setup.
                          Turn off times can be as equally fast. Heck TS you just need low resistor to jump to the source side. Or a cap to the ground of the battery.

Over all the math for some reason may show that is not as fast as I think I don't know haven't got that far. We'll see

Matt

forgot the Relay Circiut
                          Last edited by Matthew Jones; 08-29-2010, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• Hi all!! can you take a look at this?

Hi Everybody, Can you help me out and take a look at a blog site that I am working on. It is to do with Pulse motors and magnetic coils, Bedini Motors, and ideas on making systems work better. If you could take a moment and link to my site and comment I would greatly appreciate your input.

PULSE MOTOR, FREE ENERGY & OVER UNITY

Thank you all and take care.

Please comment

Comment

@SeaMonkey,

Leroy

A very wise man came to the conclusion several
                              millenia ago that... "There is nothing new under the
                              sun."

None of us possesses "Original" knowledge or any
                              unique trait which hasn't been acquired from
                              someone else.

All that I know originates from others who've preceded
                              my own experiences. Augmented by the 'feedback'
                              one derives from making mistakes and marveling at
                              the miracles of stuff that 'works.'

What point would there be in displaying the 'fruits of
                              my own hands?'

More important is building the confidence of those who
                              haven't yet found success. Each of you have the
                              potential ability to do whatever it is you dream of.

Sometimes we just need a little 'push' to get us going.

Some may even require 'stronger' motivation to get
                              the ball rolling.

If Dave is the sort of technical person that I believe he
                              is, then he is already aware that some of those who are
                              following the progression of this project are having
                              difficulty making sense of his diagram. To the many who
                              haven't extensive experience with electronics and
                              reading schematic diagrams, the diagram is nearly
                              impossible to make sense of.

By carefully re-arranging the layout Dave could make
                              his diagram 'readable' to all who dearly want to see
                              how it functions. Imparting knowledge to those who
                              are in the 'embryonic' stage of learning. Improving
                              the odds.

I'm a specialist at creating dubious first impressions.
                              It's a skill I learned in "Boot Camp."

Regarding floating switches. Very challenging.
                              There are 'tricks' in the repertoire that enable them
                              to become manageable. To make them function as
                              we want them to. Esoteric knowledge.

Transformers have many uses; many applications;
                              many versatilities and capabilities. Once we learn
                              how to master them. Outside the box.

Vissie, your pulsing circuit is well done. It will produce
                              the data which many are curious about. Thanks for
                              making it available so quickly.
                              Last edited by SeaMonkey; 08-29-2010, 08:22 PM. Reason: Omissions

Comment

• Originally posted by bmlobo View Post
                                Hi Everybody, Can you help me out and take a look at a blog site that I am working on. It is to do with Pulse motors and magnetic coils, Bedini Motors, and ideas on making systems work better. If you could take a moment and link to my site and comment I would greatly appreciate your input.

PULSE MOTOR, FREE ENERGY & OVER UNITY

Thank you all and take care.

Please comment

Your efforts are a good start.

Good photos and excellent narrative.
                                Very easy to follow,

You have a gift.

Comment

Working...
                                X