Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sujan_ms View Post
    hey nice to see your iva but if you have used a latest version then what about the schottky diodes i coudnt see them and the bridge . and what is the input voltage you have given on the socket . can you just tell me hou you burnt the code on the picaxe and which code you used.
    im also trying to implent this, so pls let me know these details.
    Diodes are on the left side of pcb by the pulser caps. I'm showing components on my youtube and the bridge which is on the side facing transformer. I'm running this off 12V DC. There is a free software available online to program any PIC family controller. You can start with code provided by Bit's but it may need to be modified depending on your components, such as transformer. I have this running on different transformer which has been changed for a bigger one allowing higher frequency without heating itself.

Hope this helps

Vtech
    'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
      Ok gang, here is the first glimpse of the new MFTS that you will be able to view at the upcoming conference in July. In the video, I am showing the functionality used in conjunction with the Batt Swapper. What a neat device.
      Actual load on the panel was 700ma.

Enjoy.

Bit's

YouTube - MOV01609.MPG
      I did enjoy Great job and presentation.

Thanks
      Vtech
      'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
        Diodes are on the left side of pcb by the pulser caps. I'm showing components on my youtube and the bridge which is on the side facing transformer. I'm running this off 12V DC. There is a free software available online to program any PIC family controller. You can start with code provided by Bit's but it may need to be modified depending on your components, such as transformer. I have this running on different transformer which has been changed for a bigger one allowing higher frequency without heating itself.

Hope this helps

Vtech
        hey can you just let me know your component spec which differs from jeff as i am not getting output at all. i am using a primary 6-0-6 and secondary 110v
        but across the secondary im getting only 2v ac and 6v ac across primary.
        please help me by sending your code and component spec. and also let me know what value should i set the pot i.e R9 im am not able to get 2.5 volt across chip nor 44v across cap pulsor. please tell if im wrong .

Comment

• Tesla Switch with Solar Assist

Hey gang,

Here is another sneak preview of the Tesla Switch that Bit's and I are working on.

YouTube - Tesla Switch with Solar Assist

In this mode I am using one 24V 200W solar panel to charge up four 130Ah 12V batteries. You can see the needle on the amp meter is off the scale when there is full sun on the panel.

This is the first prototype version, a full version which will show other modes as well as the LCD which will allow the user to select different modes will be demonstrated at the Renaissance Free Energy Conference in July.

Renaissance Charge July 2011 Free Energy Conference

Thanks to Bit's for all of his help!

John K.
          Last edited by John_K; 04-16-2011, 07:35 AM. Reason: forgot to paste the link
          http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by John_K View Post
            Hey gang,

Here is another sneak preview of the Tesla Switch that Bit's and I are working on.

YouTube - Tesla Switch with Solar Assist

In this mode I am using one 24V 200W solar panel to charge up four 130Ah 12V batteries. You can see the needle on the amp meter is off the scale when there is full sun on the panel.

This is the first prototype version, a full version which will show other modes as well as the LCD which will allow the user to select different modes will be demonstrated at the Renaissance Free Energy Conference in July.

Renaissance Charge July 2011 Free Energy Conference

Thanks to Bit's for all of his help!

John K.
            This is nice What chip are you using?

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Tesla Switch with Solar Assist

Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
              This is nice What chip are you using?

Vtech
              Hi Vtech,

Thanks!

My proto board uses a PICAXE-40X2. (PIC18F4520).

John K.
              http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by John_K View Post
                Hi Vtech,

Thanks!

My proto board uses a PICAXE-40X2. (PIC18F4520).

John K.
                Thanks John. This is totally new chip for me. I need to read more about to figure out what can be done with it.
                What kind of total input current is required?

@Bit's I did replace both pulser caps with 27,000uF and re adjusted R9. It works really good. Now I'm looking at my (yours) pulsinator board wondering how to get him to do some work. The one I have was designed to work with 4 batteries and 4 relay coils. No stabilizer for 5V, just zener. I had this built and tested last summer but couldn't do anything else due to my job.

Vtech
                Last edited by blackchisel97; 04-16-2011, 10:13 PM. Reason: added text

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Hi all, this is the most usefull way I can find so far to use the Tesla Switch principal.

http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/...ion.jpg?psid=1

The way the two source batteries are connected is the way edwin Gray used his two batteries in the photo below, it is intergral to a self running Generator using batteries. This battery configuration allows two batteries to have three working voltages and a Tesla Switch can configured between them to keep charge in the system.

http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/...r1a.jpg?psid=1

I did it it works. Post 67 onward in this thread explains a bit more.
                  Potential Switch Oscillator - Page 4 - Heretical Builders

Comment

• In fact I am testing a version that resembles that very closely. With good results.

This is a rough drawing. The actual transformer was 6 winds of 14. 4 of the winds were 80 ft and the last 2 (on the output side) were 100 ft.

I am also just about to test an additional system that rotates the charged battery out of the loop and lets it rest. Puts the discharged battery back into the Charge slot and drops a rested battery back into the discharge slot.
                    Test done by hand show a gain in energy while running a 500 watt load.

Cheers
                    Matt

Comment

• Ok Matt, that looks awesome, 500 watts, you must have big batteries, the gain would be relative.

Thanks for posting your drawing, I can see I am making a rookie mistake by powering the load from the positve, I will change that, Thanks again. This does look very promising and very very simple. Slight step up in the coils, but not much. the step up should be related to the frequency/duty maybe. As in low frequency more step up, not really sure.

I am using High frequency pulses less than 3us in groups making 20 to 50 Khz working frequency, seems to work well, so that the pulse trains (including spaces between) take up about half the cycle. I'm using a BB transformer with extra windings. There are spots to tune to for better effect and I can see them on the scope. I actually using a choke before my primaries and a cap across them too. I can also replace the third "recovery battery with a cap pulser back to the source, which is how I use it mainly.

I am seeing gains while taking small wattages, but my batteries are small and very old, almost worn out. So it kinda just holds it own but does regain total voltage given time, there is an equilibrium point where it runs with no further voltage drop for a given load, then when the load is removed it recovers most of it quickly.

It would be a pleasure to see your's working.

The picture below is from a different setup but the control circuit and the transformer are the same. The waveform when the controller and tranformer are used in the switch are similar but slightly more interesting. I don't actually have one to post at the moment.

Cheers
                      Last edited by Farmhand; 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• I have 3 KVA transformer body that I am running. I run it about 420 hertz. The extra winding gives me about 14.5 volt or 2 volt over the true potential. My inverter likes that. Then I run a 500 watt 110 AC halogen.
                        115 amp hour deep cycles.

Its holds up well.

You have to start it up and let run for a while before you add the capacitors to the 3rd winding. Then you wait a bit more and let the caps get charged real well. Then start pulling the load.
                        The point is to develop a large skin charge so the batteries deliver across the transformer more like a capacitor and less like a battery. You have to protect the switch's as well, or you'll cook them.

As soon as I got it rotating batteries I am going to publish the full thing. I'll get a camera too. My old one is broke.

One thing about returning the power to the source... I have found that does not work well with the system running. Even the charge battery if its potential is high will dissipate alot of the power. Sometimes its better to just charge an outside battery then somehow cycle it into the system.

Cheers
                        Matt

Comment

• Hi Matty, Vtech, Jeff , John and ALL

Leaps and bounds as usual guys thanks for the good news and updates. I am going to try and find a super cap to go with this stuff, maybe send down to John, wonder if all those set ups can be run on super caps. I have the info on the carbon Japanese super caps some where, have always wanted to get one of those puppies to you guys to mess with. Beautiful to watch you guys work.

Ash

Comment

• Good job Matt!

Hi Matt,

That is very interesting. You and Bits and John K. have run off and left me in the dust. I have had too many other things going on to spend much time on testing and trying circuits. Congrats on another good job. Hope to get back into things before much longer.

C ya, Carroll
                            Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• Howdy,

Can someone point me to the currently used schematic for the device being discussed? Is the one above on page 114 the most current? It seems a bit different as noted in the post... as it appears to show air core but the post notes its using a 3kva trafo core... Also notes 6 strands versus the 3 in the picture. If I build to the picture, what should the resultant output be?

As a side note, 80ft of 14awg wire is a 1lb spool. I know as I just wound myself a trifilar pittsfield spool of 3 x 1lb 14awg wires for some other experimentation I've got on the bench. Thats no small 3kva core/with 6 of these sized windings on it... thats a good 6 pounds + of wire.

Please let me know, Thanks!
                              Gene

Comment

• Originally posted by genessc View Post
                                Howdy,
                                Can someone point me to the currently used schematic for the device being discussed? Is the one above on page 114 the most current? It seems a bit different as noted in the post... as it appears to show air core but the post notes its using a 3kva trafo core... Also notes 6 strands versus the 3 in the picture. If I build to the picture, what should the resultant output be?
                                As a side note, 80ft of 14awg wire is a 1lb spool. I know as I just wound myself a trifilar pittsfield spool of 3 x 1lb 14awg wires for some other experimentation I've got on the bench. Thats no small 3kva core/with 6 of these sized windings on it... thats a good 6 pounds + of wire.
                                Please let me know, Thanks!
                                Gene
                                Its just rough drawing. I used a 3 kva transformer body as you noted. You can buy one here.
                                This transformer is easy to break down and reconfigure.

I bought a 10 lbs spool of 14 AWG and used about 5 lbs total. I put alot more on it than was required according to the math. It says to use 3 strands of #6 square wire. 2 strands at 22ft 1 strand at 28ft.
                                I used 14 because of cost. So I went with what you noted. BUT!!! your gonna have to pack the spool with wood on the interior and come up with some kinda way to compress the wire as you go along. If you don't pack that wire in your gonna get alot of heat and waste energy. Air gaps in the wire cause capacitance that also causes over saturation.
                                Just read up on transformer construction before you put it together.

You'll need switch's that can handle alot of amperage, so don't start out small or you'll just have alot of fires.

If you really going to build one and you need some help ASK!! I'll try to help.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X