No announcement yet.

Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to check before I replicate the sziklai pair. Shouldn't the emitter of the pnptransistor be connected to the positive of the lower battery in the diagram in order to bias the npn transistor?

Comment

• Matt,
      I ran a Googke search for the n11d1 you have as a component on the Sziklai pair diagram, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Can you tell me what it is or where I can find it? Maybe I'm reading the schematic incorrectly.

David

P.S.
      Glad to hear your mailbox is full!!!! We need people building this thing even if they aren't sharing results. Maybe they're just trying to avoid visits by "person or persons unknown" in black suits.
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Matt,
        I ran a Googke search for the n11d1 you have as a component on the Sziklai pair diagram, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Can you tell me what it is or where I can find it? Maybe I'm reading the schematic incorrectly.
        Hi David,

It is h11d1 (not n11d1) and here is a data sheet:
        http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...shay/83611.pdf

Surely the most component sellers have it like digikey etc
        http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...=160-1328-5-ND

Gyula

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
          Is there a more simple tesla switch that work too?
          Thanks
          If that ain't simple enough I am truely sorry for ya.

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
          I just want to check before I replicate the sziklai pair. Shouldn't the emitter of the pnptransistor be connected to the positive of the lower battery in the diagram in order to bias the npn transistor?
          I think your right, I'll change the drawing.

Thanks for noticing.

@Turion H11D1 like gyula said. If you have to order them you might just go with the relay version. Dirt simple ya know.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by redeagle View Post
            I just want to check before I replicate the sziklai pair. Shouldn't the emitter of the pnptransistor be connected to the positive of the lower battery in the diagram in order to bias the npn transistor?
            Guy's here is an illustration of the Sziklai pair setup. You should tune the resistor for the color of LED you are using.

Cheers

Jeff
            Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 07-29-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
              No you can use them. If your going to wind a transformer that puts out 12 volt instead of 6v I can give you instructions as to how to step up the voltage so you can run 12 volt loads. It may not be as efficient though I am not sure I have not tried to step up voltage yet.

If you have 8 golf cart batteries you can wire them in series also.

Thanks for posting your questions.
              Matt
              I think I do have 8 of those golf car batteries. Wiring them in series should be the way. Does this influence the choice of other components in the shopping list?

Comment

• Originally posted by sureking View Post
                I think I do have 8 of those golf car batteries. Wiring them in series should be the way. Does this influence the choice of other components in the shopping list?
                No. Just wire them in series and use them like they were a 12 volt battery.

matt

Comment

• Hi folks, Hi matt, thanks for sharing your information.
                  From what i read, you are saying the small T. switch does not swap batteries back and forth on the fly, instead we have to manually swap the battery banks.

If this is the case and as you say, the battery banks reach an equilibrium and just stay there when swapping and running a load when tuned properly.
                  If this is the case, then I know a much simpler circuit that will do this also, at this thread post - http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post153299

peace love light
                  tyson

Comment

• Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                    Hi folks, Hi matt, thanks for sharing your information.
                    peace love light
                    tyson
                    Its not the same thing Sky....although it is a neat little circuit, it doesn't really have that much power output and can't be scaled well. Where as mine can. If you try both of them you will see the difference in both power output and cost.

I am trying to lay a foundation for a circuit that does have the capability for swapping out batteries and extremely long term runtime.

But without the ability to even build the basics most people would be lost when it came to the more complex circuit.

Although some people may appreciate it the suggestion that this is the same thing or variant of is probably out of place. Apples and Oranges.

Matt

Comment

• Hi matt, ok, thanks for making it more clear.
                      Though I know you're busy making your presentations of this and such, is it possible for you or someone to explain how it is different so that I and others may have a better vision of what and how your circuit is supposed to function, compared to this and others.
                      It seems you're saying the circuit I posted will function similar, though with lower output.
                      Forgive my intrusion with my circuit post, though I saw someone wanted a simpler circuit and I thought it fit the bill, thanks.
                      peace love light
                      tyson

Comment

• Matt,
                        I wanted to order the parts for all three of the small circuits so I could run them side by side, same basic batteries, same load, etc. and see the differences. I am all about the learning of the whys and wherefores of this stuff. So spending a little extra or putting a little time into it is definitely not an issue for me.

David Bowling
                        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                        —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

Hi matt, ok, thanks for making it more clear.
                          Though I know you're busy making your presentations of this and such, is it possible for you or someone to explain how it is different so that I and others may have a better vision of what and how your circuit is supposed to function, compared to this and others.
                          It seems you're saying the circuit I posted will function similar, though with lower output.
                          Forgive my intrusion with my circuit post, though I saw someone wanted a simpler circuit and I thought it fit the bill, thanks.
                          peace love light
                          tyson
                          Well build my mine Sky then you can see for yourself and answer your own question. And in the future if you wanna address someones question then go ahead and do it.
                          The biggest difference is the control you have. Not all loads run well on a specific frequency. Bulbs for instance like 150 hz, they are just more efficient at that level, but motors like somewhere around 40-100 hz. They just do better. And thats just under 5 amps, it all changes at higher currents
                          To take control of Hobs oscillator you have change part. I do not... I just change a number in a line of code.
                          That should obvious from the beginning. So whats easier?

I know what people are going through to build this simple little thing, I am not sure the Hob's oscillator variant is any easier in the long run.

Thats all I am going to say about it. The "How To" will be done soon. Feel free to use it or not, I don't care.

Matt

Comment

Hi folks, Hi matt, thanks for sharing your information.
                            From what i read, you are saying the small T. switch does not swap batteries back and forth on the fly, instead we have to manually swap the battery banks.

If this is the case and as you say, the battery banks reach an equilibrium and just stay there when swapping and running a load when tuned properly.
                            If this is the case, then I know a much simpler circuit that will do this also, at this thread post - http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post153299

peace love light
                            tyson
                            Hi, SkyWatcher! I've read this thread(i mean: Bedini solid state oscillator and Tesla switch combination) a few times before, and I have to say, that the circuit is not simpler, it's the same. And I think the guy who wants simpler circuit was just joking, b/c it can't be more simple. And the main question is how Nilrehob schematic makes a full rotation, I don't see any rotation there, maybe you could explain. At least Matt's schematic rotates two batteries and can be developed to full rotation.
                            Alex
                            Last edited by hiops; 09-18-2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hiops View Post
                              Hi, SkyWatcher! ... And I think the guy who wants simpler circuit was just joking, b/c it can't be more simple.....
                              Alex
                              I guess I missed that, I thought he was being serious. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                                No. Just wire them in series and use them like they were a 12 volt battery.

matt
                                Thanks Matt. I do have a small question about one item in the list you gave to Katie, just want to make sure.

"2 Hongfa HFS33, D-50 D200M, 50 volt 80 amp Solid state relay."

Do you mean HFS33, D-50 D80M instead of the D200M? I got a little confused by reading the data sheet. 50v 80amp should be D-50 D80M, right? Is it D200M a typo? Just want to buy the right ones.

Thanks,
                                Peter

Comment

Working...
                                X