Charging Lithium Ion batterys with a magnet only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Lithium Ion batterys with a magnet only

Last year I had the idea of taking a Lithium Ion battery and standing the positve on the tangent lines of the north south poles of the magnet and face them North West and after a few months the voltage went up by a few mV so I left it and recorded every 2 weeks or so and went up every time then on March of last year the engery went the other way from NW to SW if I left it facing NW the voltage went down so I just turned it around to charge the battery back up. Has anyone every done this before I've seen people make magent batterys but this is different and I was wanting to put the idea out there to see if we can speed this process up some how and keep the energy going in the same way it going with out flip floping every 4 months or so I have not pinpointed when this phenomenon happens yet.

Hello Ive tried it before on Nicad Batteries, AA size place neodimium magnets on both ends positive touching the south of the magnet and negative touching the north of the magnet, I was able to charge the battery +.5 volts overnight

Comment

I'll try that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanskara316 View Post
        Hello Ive tried it before on Nicad Batteries, AA size place neodimium magnets on both ends positive touching the south of the magnet and negative touching the north of the magnet, I was able to charge the battery +.5 volts overnight
        I suspect your battery was in self recovery mode after being used. I tried this with a AA NiMH that had been sitting for a couple months. It was at 1.255 volts. I put 2 very strong Neo's (fresh N45's) on it overnight. Voltage in the morning was 1.255 volts. It did not change even 1/1000th of a volt. I don't think there is any chance this is going to work or have any real use.
        There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

NiCad did not charge at all.

Comment

Also try CarbonZinc Batteries, not sure if its Nicad, but it really did charged but I may be wrong, I'll try it again tonight ,if its just voltage recovery.

Comment

Working...
            X