Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brovin Kacher

Hi

I'd like to ask what is the best circuit to run Brovin kacher ? Something that would accept almost any coil , air core ones , ferrite or maybe ferrite from chokes. Something rock steady and simple yet able to producing plasma output on the HV end.

I tried one circuit with MJE13009 and BD249 and was unable to start oscillation , probably due to too low count of windings on secondary , and missing ferrite core. Another problem is the availability of straight ferrite rod , in my country it is only possible to get from old radios (not much is left or them). Can I replace ferrite rod with ferrite toroid ?

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
    I'd like to ask what is the best circuit to run Brovin kacher ?
    What is your definition of a Brovin kacher ?

Comment

Originally posted by xee2 View Post
      What is your definition of a Brovin kacher ?
      It's the single transistor oscillator with Tesla coil secondary like allowing to create plasma flame on the HV tip of wire. Russian device

Comment

It's the single transistor oscillator with Tesla coil secondary like allowing to create plasma flame on the HV tip of wire. Russian device
        Easiest circuit I know of to do that is the Slayer exciter (also known by other names). However, to get plasma requires a large number of turns and wire is not cheap. Slider2732 had good results with his pill bottle exciters. These are easy to make and do not required a lot of wire and will produce plasma in certain conditions. The key to getting plasma is to have a good power source and a lot of turns. To get plasma you should have 1 to 3 amps at 12 to 30 volts. The next step up would be something like shaan exciter. See Joulethief SEC exciter and variants thread for details. You could also do this with ferrite core but it might be difficult to find a core that would work and Tesla did not use ferrite.

This does not produce plasma but shows circuit:
        pill bottle exciter 2 - YouTube

This makes plasma - slider2732:
        The Windsor - wireless electricity tower - YouTube

This makes plasma - shaan:
        Cool Slayer Exciter with Cool Music - YouTube

This is just my opinion. You may get better advise from someone else.
        Last edited by xee2; 05-12-2012, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Hi

I'd like to ask what is the best circuit to run Brovin kacher ? Something that would accept almost any coil , air core ones , ferrite or maybe ferrite from chokes. Something rock steady and simple yet able to producing plasma output on the HV end.

I tried one circuit with MJE13009 and BD249 and was unable to start oscillation , probably due to too low count of windings on secondary , and missing ferrite core. Another problem is the availability of straight ferrite rod , in my country it is only possible to get from old radios (not much is left or them). Can I replace ferrite rod with ferrite toroid ?
          Hi,boguslaw!
          Of course you can use the ferrite toroid and steel toroid also.
          In this case you can get lower frequency and new kacher properties.

Best regards,

Sergey.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by usu; 05-13-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X