No announcement yet.

My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Lester, Wow, Lester, you are fast. Thanks Lester, I'm feeling better about the setup .
    Lester, you need a capacitor bank, but peferably, some of those generator caps, that hold a charge. And start tweaking/playing with the caps, would a toggle switch at caps be useful, UFO.
    When I get home, I'm gonna try hooking up scope to coils, with 12 v, definitely have to see what is going on there.

@ UFO, are you done napping yet, What if you drill some holes in your solenoid case, to see in. Sounds like were catching up, to ED GRAYS ghost, and the spark gap commutators.

@ cornboy, How's mag3 coming?
    Last edited by machinealive; 02-02-2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lester444 View Post
      ..... Sorry JohnS if this makes you cringe:

Cringe? Not at all. I like your setup because you demonstrate some very valuable ingredients:
      - massive and stranded wires at D and S
      - D S connected opposite -> equal load to all FETs at any circumstances
      - NPN / PNP transistors soldered at their genuine working place
      - much shorter wires compared to most of setups

Improvements (minor modifications with great impact):
      - Make GND from 555 pin 1 massive and straight to GND wire at FETs
      - Make 555 output to go straight and in parallel to massive GND wire mentioned above.
      - Make 12V from 555 pin 8 straight and in parllel to transistors
      - Add an additional electrolitic cap of 1...10µF to 555 (ESSENTIAL! for every 555 - especially NMOS NE555) (E in pic below)
      - Make electrolitic at transitor with shorter wires
      - Add an ceramic 100nF in parallel to electrolitic mentioned above (C in pic below)
      - Connect your PSU with decent wires and add big electrolitic cap across FET S and plus lead of motor

The hints obove relate to high frequency rules. Steep edges contain plenty of HF components.
      There is a genuine current loop between caps of 555, transistors and FET gates we need to support while avoiding aerials for transmitting and oscillating. The aerial affect is minute if we conduct GND and PWM out from 555 in parallel.

Lester, if you add those hints you may post a new pic as reliable template helping others to replicate reliably.
      JohnS
      Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by machinealive View Post
        Lester, you need a capacitor bank, but peferably, some of those generator caps, that hold a charge. And start tweaking/playing with the caps, would a toggle switch at caps be useful, UFO.
        @Machinealive,
        I don't really understand how those caps should be connected. I don't have generator brushes installed yet so could not connect the caps as you show in your diagram. If you meant bypass caps right across the power supply (but close to the driver) then yes I can try those immy.

@JohnS,
        Sorry for the confusion. I am actually using a circuit link posted by Machinealive earlier, with some modifications. Here's the actual circuit I used (IRF740 = 4x). This works for me because the motor I'm driving is small. I already had some IRF740 in hand and I put them in parallel to minimize RDSon. Cooler FETs, less voltage loss due to current. I do have 100nF caps very close to the IC pins. I still have to add C5 and another 100nF near the transistors.

Lester

Comment

• @Lester. Hey lester, I just got a chance to go online, sorry, I didn't realize you did not have gen brushes on. Gotta get those on first. Then put caps across the gen brushes, no battery input. Lester, if you power the motor, switch on, but leave controller off, does motor run.

Now, where is that UFO hiding?

Comment

• Faulty Coil

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
            @Lester. Hey lester, I just got a chance to go online, sorry, I didn't realize you did not have gen brushes on. Gotta get those on first. Then put caps across the gen brushes, no battery input. Lester, if you power the motor, switch on, but leave controller off, does motor run.

Now, where is that UFO hiding?

Hey Machine,

Sorry to tell you all guys...but , that "effect" I was claiming last night and before...was due to a Faulty Coil in the Solenoid...was actually burnt (bad quality wire insulation)...giving almost , barely .5 Ohms...that was triggering Actuator at very low pulses...getting it to stick...so Motor went full blast...while the clicks were slower...had to re wind it...as almost blew my FET's...blew the cooling fan at oscillator...

That is why have not posted anything...been repairing and re testing all since morning...

Sorry about the "False Alarm"...

However, I do get a difference when Cap is at Output, but nothing like you had Machine...

Regards

Ufopolitics
            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Slow Progress.

@ cornboy, How's mag3 coming?[/QUOTE]

Hello Machine, and all, well had a couple of setbacks, one was not in my control.

Had 12" rain in 24 hrs and flash flooded the farm, it was in drought till then, so now i am madly trying to follow moisture with Corn and Soybeans. which should have been planted months ago but too dry.

The other was i actually bent the 25mm mild steel shaft pressing it through rotor laminations so had to make new one from high tensile.

Just starting to get housing etc to stage of making sure everything will fit, but am delayed some.

Regards Cornboy.

PS. @ John Stone, the heatsink in pic is what i will use for Pulser, a 80mm fan screws straight onto end.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Hey UFO,

Thats OK, I wonder if I will still get that effect when I get home. Home soon.

Machine

Comment

• @ cornboy, sorry to hear about your flooding, I grew up along a river, I know it well.

@all, say we find out Lester has shorted fets as well, why would the duty be effecting the speed, if it is shorted. The pulse must still drive it harder, but never off. Is that possible John Stone, or Lester. Maybe the voltage at caps did change initially, before i looked. Just seems strange that the speed increases to where UFO got it with 48v, which is what my input plus controller add up to.

@Lester. Please, try shutting controller off and switching motor on, I just gotta know, Lester . Unless you only have the controller as a switch, and it turns off, then they must be working.

Comment

• Hi friends,
                    I have first draft for monster pulser. You get it for first overview. I plan to finish it tomorrow.
                    It was built for easy replication on bread board.

Late night now, tired, exhausted - see you tomorrow.
                    JohnS
                    Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Wow.

THANKS JOHN STONE, that's magnificent, no wonder you are tired.

All the best, Cornboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                        Hi friends,
                        I have first draft for monster pulser. You get it for first overview. I plan to finish it tomorrow.

JohnS
                        Many thanks Johnstone for the draft version.
                        I will be eagerly waiting for the final as it becomes possible.
                        Good Luck.

Warmest Regards

light

WArmest

Comment

• Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                          @ cornboy, sorry to hear about your flooding, I grew up along a river, I know it well.

@all, say we find out Lester has shorted fets as well, why would the duty be effecting the speed, if it is shorted. The pulse must still drive it harder, but never off. Is that possible John Stone, or Lester. Maybe the voltage at caps did change initially, before i looked. Just seems strange that the speed increases to where UFO got it with 48v, which is what my input plus controller add up to.

@Lester. Please, try shutting controller off and switching motor on, I just gotta know, Lester . Unless you only have the controller as a switch, and it turns off, then they must be working.
                          Hello Machinealive,

My FETs are fine, they are working as they should. I do look at the pulses going to the motor using an oscilloscope, most of the time. That's the actual motor response I get as seen on the video, consistently like that.

Lester

Comment

• Wow,John stone, thank you so much.

Hey Lester, thanks, I'll have to "forget about it", tell I get back.

UFO, what was your top RPM, at full power, parallel output?

Comment

• Excellent Work Sir John Stone!

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                              Hi friends,

JohnS
                              Hello Sir John Stone,

Beautiful work, Excellent, very well explained and detailed step by step.

We even have the Board Circuit Layout...could not be better...

We will need Four of this Boards, to complete the V4 Set for the Imperial Driving of its Four Negative Gates.

Cornboy will need to add two more, in order to drive the MAG3 Six Gates (By the way Cornboy, excellent embodiment work there, my friend!)

John, you think just Two FET's per Gate will be robust enough ?

As I see you left a nice roomy space to attach heavy heat sinks to this FET's across the board and above the two Gate resistors R3-R9...

Nice work, John...this FET's are very "pampered" and cushioned/protected there...

Awesome and very Important contribution to this Technology...this would be "The Heart" that will Pump/Control Feed very precisely this Machines...Excellent work my Friend!

Warm Regards

Ufopolitics
                              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Lc Resonance...

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                                Wow,John stone, thank you so much.

Hey Lester, thanks, I'll have to "forget about it", tell I get back.

UFO, what was your top RPM, at full power, parallel output?
                                Hey Machine,

Full RPM's...pulsing...and not going straight was above 5000...That is feeding Input P1-P15 Parallel...and P8-P22 Parallel NOT FED...attached to Meccalte Cap...

The most I have gotten out of the 36 V Battery Bank...feeding BOTH Input and Output Parallel...is @7000 RPM's...a bit more... like a couple of hundred above....depending on Battery charge.

Now, You have to realize, that I do NOT have a robust Cap Bank like you do...

As I now realize this Mecc Alte Caps store well and very fast...but loose charge as fast...IF Not parallel connected steadily to a 3.2 Ohms Coil...(that is the resistance at Mecc Alte Exciter Stator Coil to Rotor Poles)....So there would be a "Back and Forth" Resonance between them two..."The LC Tank Closed Circuit"...

Now, at our Gates in Imperial...We do not have steadily closed coils...but constantly swapping...so there is no time to create a resonance point...

But Our Friend Cornboy...have Six Beautifully Displayed Outside Stator Coils...He could do this Test excellent there...

But going back to your 9000 RPM effect...

You have to make sure your Oscillator Controller side, is completely isolated from entering into the Main Feed to Motor...or like you said...it will add to 48V and then you will reach the 9000 RPM's...

A simple Question: Do you have Opto's between MOSFET's Gates and 12 V Input Signal?...Or are Your FET's Directly Resistor Driven?

That is a key there...because If they go bad by shorting 12V Positive Gate to Drain...and you have a common ground, not isolated...then you will get closer to 48 Volts...

Hope that is not the case...and we do have a "Special" resonance effect here... (praying and crossing fingers...)

Regards

Ufopolitics
                                Last edited by Ufopolitics; 02-03-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X