Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are U talking about?

Originally posted by esesenergy View Post
    decades of working on your assym motors and you still cant close the loop? what will be your excuse when the all north setup doesnt work? are you going to reimburse everyone for their time after crying to people to rewind their motors to your new specs over n over? why dont you finish a motor n have it third party validated THEN CRY
    What is your frustration now Eses?

Decades?...Decades exposing My Machines?...how do you count time?

Better ask all the ones that have replicated my motors, EVEN THE N-S PAIRS...and see what would they say...

Your problem is simply that you are not capable of building even a Radio Shack 3.99 USD Little Motor...main reason why you are the one always crying for people to sell them to you...

Sorry about that guy!
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• esesenergy

You know what you and several others remind me of? When a large group of people get together, all like mind, happy with life and what they are doing, someone comes in and tries to tell them how bad life and there efforts are. The fact is, that person is actually telling how he sees life and is miserable with it, not being able to find the life he wants so much. I feel sorry for you and those like you.
      Actually, if you looked thru this forum, you will see that threads are started, many people making copies and then adding to the advances in that thread. Most threads live just a few months and go dead. Others plod along but where have they gotten to at this point........I do not see anyone making a house full of power starting with no energy. Even those who have been able to loop back to primary source have vary limited additional run time. Those here on UFO's threads are free to work on other threads but choose not to as we are where we see the most potential. The money we choose to spend is no different than I see spent in many other threads on machining and such.

Do not worry about us as it sounds that you already have enough problems of your own.

Prochiro
      "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Esesenergy,

We all have to wait and see the range and performance of our handmade $400 A1 Mo-Gen during usage in an EV. If it's not better then an off the shelf AMP Monster of comparable size, then come back here and talk your talk.

Your impatience have been noted but not needed at this time. Relax!

Keep it Clean and Green
        Midac

Comment

• It does work

UFO,
          Hey the old delco generator has been a challenge and I got it assembled today.

The brush sets, one at each end, is from the hitachi started generator. The case and armature is delco remy. The field coils and shoes are from 1918 Ford Model T. But it does run and has generator output. Bad on amp draw, around 35 amps!!

Yes, I have a LOT of tweaking to do.

I hope I have it wired correctly. If anyone could tell me the page or post number that shows the circuit of the four stator machines.

Thanks for the help and listening,
          wantomake

Comment

• Induction motor Conversion to AC Generator

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
            Hello Sam,

The success of an Induction Motor converted into Generator depends basically on the Steel Rotor magnetic Reminiscence, but not only that attribute,...but how magnetic polarity is 'distributed' related to the existing windings in what would be now the "Induced Fields".

Normally the magnetic reminiscence is not strong enough to stand higher loads at higher RPM's...then it drops down.

In a typical Generator Head the magnetic reminiscence is just used as a STARTER low power induction TRANSFER, to PRIME the "Network" between spinning Stator Fields and Static Exciter Fields through a running Capacitor. After a few minutes of running time, the Exciters become stronger and keep gaining magnetic strength to stand higher loads, then magnetic reminiscence is NOT needed anymore.

Unfortunately, You do not have those "evolving" Exciting Circuits on a typical Induction Motor, so it is just dependable upon magnetic residual that it is NOT getting stronger, but weaker as you load it.
            That is exactly what I am seeing on my induction motors I am trying to convert.

You could add magnets at Rotor, but first You have to count how many poles comprehend each overlapped coil, to know the Arc Size (Width) of the magnets you will need, the height is given by the rotor vertical measure. This arc value is essential to see how many magnets rotor could take, Two or Four...Four Magnets require less speed than Two Rotary Stators as magnets.

Some Induction Motors (1 Phase) have many coil layers as they are different speeds, and they are distributed differently at poles wrapping...so make sure to identify which is which...and where is the start and end of each speed (hot and neutral wires).

If you set at rotor Two Norths...or Two South separated at 180º...then you would have DC.

If you set a North and a South at each end (180º) then it would be AC.

Still, my friend...we are all dealing here with "Toxic" Generators given they are ALL, based on Symmetrical Induction...face to face, mirrored B Fields...Encountering Frontal and opposed Vectors of the Inducer/Exciters and Induced Fields...so, even if you get a "State of the Art" Brushless Meccalte Generator...when it is time to disburse power to a High Load...they get stiff...very hard to turn, requiring-demanding super strong power from prime mover...this the "Game" we are all have been playing here for the last 130 plus years.

I have been working on this for a while now...I found exactly where is the "essence" of this "details" that would allow Us all to UNDERSTAND first...then to design better generators, but I would have to go back to my Faraday Thread...to explain that...then open a new thread where We will be constructing this completely different designed Machines.

It would be soon...stay tuned.

Regards

Ufopolitics
            Well I might like to convert this Bodine I found, 1/20th HP for a demo/test project. Here its is disassembled. Its a single phase motor.

I think the stators have 4 coils, which would mean I put 4 rows of magnets on the rotor?

I'd like it to be an AC generator, so pic 4 is trying to illustrate putting the magnets in as you describe for an AC. So going around the rotor you would have N-N-S-S. This is from the youtube video AC INDUCTION MOTOR CONVERSION TO AC PERMANENT MAGNET GENERATOR I think he made a mistake in the title because he says he is going to use it to charge batteries,and calls it an alternator when he is done and uses your N-S-N-S magnet arrangement.

Pic 2 is my rotor, about 1 3/4" long. I think I could squeeze 2 1/2" magnets in a row.

More magnets, more power?

The rpm is 1725 as a motor. Will it get 110v at that rpm as a generator or just 60cycles/sec?

UFO, would your new design still use magnets in the rotor on a Ind. motor conversion to a generator then, just rewinding the stators?

TIA Ufo

PS: If I get 8 neo's in the rotor, 1/2" x 1/2", they would cost me almost as much as the motor!
            Last edited by sampojo; 08-25-2014, 05:25 AM.
            Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Originally posted by sampojo View Post
              That is exactly what I am seeing on my induction motors I am trying to convert.

Well I might like to convert this Bodine I found, 1/20th HP for a demo/test project. Here its is disassembled. Its a single phase motor.

I think the stators have 4 coils, which would mean I put 4 rows of magnets on the rotor?

I'd like it to be an AC generator, so pic 4 is trying to illustrate putting the magnets in as you describe for an AC. So going around the rotor you would have N-N-S-S. This is from the youtube video AC INDUCTION MOTOR CONVERSION TO AC PERMANENT MAGNET GENERATOR I think he made a mistake in the title because he says he is going to use it to charge batteries,and calls it an alternator when he is done and uses your N-S-N-S magnet arrangement.

Pic 2 is my rotor, about 1 3/4" long. I think I could squeeze 2 1/2" magnets in a row.

More magnets, more power?

The rpm is 1725 as a motor. Will it get 110v at that rpm as a generator or just 60cycles/sec?
              Hello Sam,

I watched the video...nice music...

I see you are copying this guys by inserting round magnets in rotor drum...

Short Cylinder magnets as exciters , smaller than the Fields Cores will NOT deliver a full power output as those SQUARE Concave Cores-Coils would require to get induced fully .

There need to be MATCHING GEOMETRIES between Exciter Fields and Induced Fields. The advantage of using Neo's is that they have a wider and stronger magnetic field than a regular ceramic magnet.

Actually this guy is exciting only like a Mid Center "Belt" off the Stator Fields area...and loosing all the rest, plus all the missing volume from a round magnet to a rectangular or square area.

You should try to get first, just a couple or four... concave magnets from old motors...I believe you should have a few left over......and match magnets arcs area to match inner stator coils convex area as well as rotor circumference...then it will tell you if you could use two or four.

When I load a post on my Faraday Thread today...you will see what I mean...

UFO, would your new design still use magnets in the rotor on a Ind. motor conversion to a generator then, just rewinding the stators?

TIA Ufo

PS: If I get 8 neo's in the rotor, 1/2" x 1/2", they would cost me almost as much as the motor!
              No "conversions from" in new design...it is all different, a new structure, a new concept, must be built from scratch...magnets?...yes, you could use some of your ceramic concave magnets, so start saving and collecting them...

And...it is not about... more magnets, more power, friend...it is about getting the right dimension and strength type of magnets, set at the right positioning.

Regards

Ufopolitics
              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-25-2014, 12:20 PM.
              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                UFO,
                Hey the old delco generator has been a challenge and I got it assembled today.

The brush sets, one at each end, is from the hitachi started generator. The case and armature is delco remy. The field coils and shoes are from 1918 Ford Model T. But it does run and has generator output. Bad on amp draw, around 35 amps!!

Yes, I have a LOT of tweaking to do.

I hope I have it wired correctly. If anyone could tell me the page or post number that shows the circuit of the four stator machines.

Thanks for the help and listening,
                wantomake
                Hey Wantomake,

Great, it runs...

Yes, there is something wrong...it should not draw that much.

Check separate Stators Amp draw when connecting it to source without firing brushes ..that way you will know if it is rotor or stators, or both...and how much goes to which...

Mechanical Drag is a killer, it will rise your amp draw.

Also timing it too close to South Stators (attract) would tend to get rotor jammed, stiff while running...sometimes not easily noticeable, but it will also rise amp draw. So make sure to fire as close as possible to North Stators center or bisectors.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                  esesenergy

You know what you and several others remind me of? When a large group of people get together, all like mind, happy with life and what they are doing, someone comes in and tries to tell them how bad life and there efforts are. The fact is, that person is actually telling how he sees life and is miserable with it, not being able to find the life he wants so much. I feel sorry for you and those like you.
                  Actually, if you looked thru this forum, you will see that threads are started, many people making copies and then adding to the advances in that thread. Most threads live just a few months and go dead. Others plod along but where have they gotten to at this point........I do not see anyone making a house full of power starting with no energy. Even those who have been able to loop back to primary source have vary limited additional run time. Those here on UFO's threads are free to work on other threads but choose not to as we are where we see the most potential. The money we choose to spend is no different than I see spent in many other threads on machining and such.

Do not worry about us as it sounds that you already have enough problems of your own.

Prochiro
                  It's been a long time hasn't it? Many people including people we know and worked with have taken what might be a permanent rest from it all. I don't know Eses but maybe he's one them. No matter what, there's nothing honorable about what he said. What's really sad is how many thousands of people are tricked every day by fake videos and promotions on YouTube and other places. Not to mention how many books and videos you can buy, study and still end up with the same results as people had 40 years ago. LOL that would be me. You just can't blame the people who are trying so hard. UFO's professional way of presenting a project has kept things going for a few years now and a lot of people have had fun studying and building. That's certainly worth something. I'm not saying I'm without reservations as it pertains to some of the disclosures but time is short before some of the larger builds are finished right? Personally I don't believe I'll see a self running machine in my lifetime but I would like to see a vehicle travel further for less than a conventional EV. Much further for much less hopefully.
                  John
                  I always believed if a person tries hard enough and long enough he might eventually die trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by DadHav View Post

I always believed if a person tries hard enough and long enough he might eventually die trying.

John
                    Hello John,

I do not believe "the end" has always to be so "dramatic and sad"...come on!, there is light at the end of that tunnel...just follow its shine and reflections...

So what I believe in is:

"If a person tries hard enough and long enough he will have more chances, probabilities to reach success..."

Success is full of controversy, critics, failures, achievements, as "in-between" stages...then again it repeats itself...same cycle, maybe different order...different colors...till you hit it.

Although I do have to agree with you...you could die in the process...but I believe it is much better than still dying without even trying...and I am absolutely sure, if it happens to me...it would feel very sad, and full of anger and rage against myself...I don't want to go like that John...so I will always keep trying...

Cheers, we are almost there, so hang on...

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                      Hello John,

I do not believe "the end" has always to be so "dramatic and sad"...come on!, there is light at the end of that tunnel...just follow its shine and reflections...

So what I believe in is:

"If a person tries hard enough and long enough he will have more chances, probabilities to reach success..."

Success is full of controversy, critics, failures, achievements, as "in-between" stages...then again it repeats itself...same cycle, maybe different order...different colors...till you hit it.

Although I do have to agree with you...you could die in the process...but I believe it is much better than still dying without even trying...and I am absolutely sure, if it happens to me...it would feel very sad, and full of anger and rage against myself...I don't want to go like that John...so I will always keep trying...

Ufopolitics
                      Ha, ha ha. UFO, I hope you don't take the comment as if I were directing it to you, it's an old quote that's meant to be funny. I've been around long enough to know everything you said is believed by everyone who is following the forum. For me everything is a matter of priorities. Choices of what to spend time on get more important every day. OK let's go back to a different quote then and this can be directed to you. "If you can do so much with so little for so long, you will eventually be able to do anything with almost nothing no matter how long it takes".
                      Good Luck
                      J

Comment

• Re: Bodine AC induction motor conversion to AC gen

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                        Hello Sam,

I watched the video...nice music...

I see you are copying this guys by inserting round magnets in rotor drum...

Short Cylinder magnets as exciters , smaller than the Fields Cores will NOT deliver a full power output as those SQUARE Concave Cores-Coils would require to get induced fully .

There need to be MATCHING GEOMETRIES between Exciter Fields and Induced Fields. The advantage of using Neo's is that they have a wider and stronger magnetic field than a regular ceramic magnet.

Actually this guy is exciting only like a Mid Center "Belt" off the Stator Fields area...and loosing all the rest, plus all the missing volume from a round magnet to a rectangular or square area.

You should try to get first, just a couple or four... concave magnets from old motors...I believe you should have a few left over......and match magnets arcs area to match inner stator coils convex area as well as rotor circumference...then it will tell you if you could use two or four.

When I load a post on my Faraday Thread today...you will see what I mean...

No "conversions from" in new design...it is all different, a new structure, a new concept, must be built from scratch...magnets?...yes, you could use some of your ceramic concave magnets, so start saving and collecting them...

And...it is not about... more magnets, more power, friend...it is about getting the right dimension and strength type of magnets, set at the right positioning.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                        I'm still brainstorming, been trying to just run an AC motor in generator mode. Looked close at the rotor, laminated steel as usual. So I could just pop it off and put a new one on it. I am thinking of using wood between 2 big right-sized steel washers, and ceramic magnets glued on top. Might be able to knock that out in a few days labor, off and on. Just short one magnet, I broke a couple when I didn't know how to get them out. Probably use epoxy to hold the rotor on if the washers don't hold. I don't see any starter caps on this motor, got me confused.

Ufo, did you see my Asym Motor Cntlr, got the diodes blinkin'

Before I do the AC gen, I think I will make a new rotor my quad stator window motor. Needs a refurb. rotor will use bifilar 32ga to coils to get a good resistance. 16' per coil of 26ga was causing overheat probs. Primary focus now is my AMC. Got some serious house maintenance since I been down to 50% on my hip replacement. About 80% back now.

FYI the Anterior hip replacement supposed to get you back faster. Instead of cutting muscle they cut you vertically and stretch you. I think there is something unsaid about it that people need to know, IT TEARS YOUR MUSCLES a little in the stretch. You can get up on your feet faster if you put heat, whirlpool on it but AFTER the first month when swelling no longer an issue IMHO.
                        Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                          Hello John,

So what I believe in is:

Ufopolitics
                          Tesla said once that if Edison would've been more academic he wouldn't have to try
                          many times at finally getting the light bulb to work...I'm back, small motors again about to be converted at 12 turns 26 gage, I got this twins from a cheap RC truck wildfire brand rated at 9.5 volts half amp draw and about 17000 rpm...will post videos soon...I know first ones were wrong on house side and my side, got to expensive with big motors and too much fighting got me out specially dealing with life...But UFO you are behaving more like Tesla considering a scientific method , Dadhave your observations are valid and much needed ...It is hard to be critical of one self and honest specially when passionate about our inventions, etc...Keep up the good work
                          Kuku

Comment

• Just for clarity, I have built a 16 pole with the old north and south configuration and I am way more than happy with it. I will be making more all north motors soon...looking at digging deep and getting the UFO kit soon!

Comment

• Litz

Sampojo

Going back to fifty to seventy pages ago I saw that UFO asked you to try a Litz wire version. I see where you asked a lot of questions and mentioned the multiple wire at several other points. What I do not see is any reference to a finished motor using litz wire or data about it. For others who are interested, I am showing my data about litz equivalent AWG.

Equivalent ___Number ____AWG of wire____LBS. per ______Resistance____
                              AWG________of wires___________________1000ft._______OHM/1000ft.__

26__________ 3 _________30 ___________.95 ___________35.98
                              24__________ 5__________30__________1.58____________21.59
                              22__________ 7__________30__________2.21____________15.42
                              20__________ 11_________30__________3.47____________9.81
                              18__________ 17_________30__________5.52____________6.35
                              16__________ 26_________30__________8.38____________4.15

I have many more types of formulas and patterns but these are for 1Hz to 10KHz and are the best for our winding , all with Construction type 1 which is just wind them all together as one wire.

On average with say 12 volts into a coil, you can expect from 1/4 to 1/3 more of everything including BEMF.

I have ordered a spool of 30 AWG wire and will be winding a goldmine motor with all north with 3/30 litz for comparison in the near future. I will be twisting at about 6 turns per foot. If others have an extra RS motor and some 30 AWG, you are invited to do the same, but remember to compare to another all north motor of same size.
                              Here is more data
                              http://litzwire.com/nepdfs/Round_Litz_Catalog.pdf

Dana
                              Last edited by prochiro; 09-05-2014, 01:00 AM. Reason: add link
                              "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                              Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                                Sampojo

Going back to fifty to seventy pages ago I saw that UFO asked you to try a Litz wire version. I see where you asked a lot of questions and mentioned the multiple wire at several other points. What I do not see is any reference to a finished motor using litz wire or data about it. For others who are interested, I am showing my data about litz equivalent AWG.

Equivalent ___Number ____AWG of wire____LBS. per ______Resistance____
                                AWG________of wires___________________1000ft._______OHM/1000ft.__

26__________ 3 _________30 ___________.95 ___________35.98
                                24__________ 5__________30__________1.58____________21.59
                                22__________ 7__________30__________2.21____________15.42
                                20__________ 11_________30__________3.47____________9.81
                                18__________ 17_________30__________5.52____________6.35
                                16__________ 26_________30__________8.38____________4.15

I have many more types of formulas and patterns but these are for 1Hz to 10KHz and are the best for our winding , all with Construction type 1 which is just wind them all together as one wire.

On average with say 12 volts into a coil, you can expect from 1/4 to 1/3 more of everything including BEMF.

I have ordered a spool of 30 AWG wire and will be winding a goldmine motor with all north with 3/30 litz for comparison in the near future. I will be twisting at about 6 turns per foot. If others have an extra RS motor and some 30 AWG, you are invited to do the same, but remember to compare to another all north motor of same size.
                                Here is more data
                                http://litzwire.com/nepdfs/Round_Litz_Catalog.pdf

Dana
                                Thanks DANA, for your on the ball, and back on board posts, I am hobbled at the moment, in regards to doing what I love most, you all know What.

Warmest Regards Cornboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X