Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Lester J Hendershot's magnetic generator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarence and Dave

Guys PLEASE read this thread from the beginning - it took me considerable time and study before I opened this thread.

Clarence - you are almost there !

Anyone who has additionally read Gustav LeBon "The Evolution of Matter" will immediately come to understand the significance of basic photonic relationsips relating to tin-plate and aluminium foil.

Dave, your diagrams are always arse-about-face.

Magnetism is flowing/ rotating charge, so seek out the charge motion/ electron orbit alignments from the fields, and not what 'educationalists' wish that we believe.
    Try looking at things the other way around and boy will you become annoyed at how our scientists and teachers have willfully steered us away from the real possibilities of magnetism; ie. stop drawing equal-weakness field lines and draw polar field strengths instead.

Cheers ......... Graham.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by GSM View Post
      Clarence and Dave
      Hello GSM,

clarence,

I believe that there are TWO magnets in the buzzer setup. one persay permanent type from salvaged magnetron - one persay temporary type ie. the bar --compliments of its determined proximity to the magnetron magnet.
      N---permanent---S

S---temporary ---N
      pole position shown arbitrary but not with respect to each other. I believe the bar proximity positioning determines the maximum field effect for the whole magnetic entity. so say now we have the field setup in place - why so?

first regress to the assumed radient potentially supplied capacitors that he set up in both baskets. they are dumb and dont know any better so as soon as they have received enough potential they just want to give it up and share! the problem with this blessing is that the time event of this action may or may not be sequential as necessary. confusion can reign - caps bumping heads. the director of operations is still sitting in his chair! I believe Lester referred to the noise when he used his earphone on the test locations as "sqqqeeeking" or some such. which to him meant the unit was operating but not performing the condition which caused this in this scenario we will say was the "buzzer" coils and cores having not been adjusted and moved into the correct proximity to the magnetic fields as needed.

BEHOLD! the director cometh! the adjustment is made and the CORES of the coils recieve their influenced domain action (Houston-we have lift off) and the more powerful pole strength of the permanent magnent determines the initial directional flow of the potential being supplied by the DIY caps and the ballet is on! the energy from the caps effects the buzzer units makeing them operate as eclectromagnetic solenoids. the electromagnetic effect is additionaly intensified by the fields of both magnets both dually and singulary depending on the directional flow of the circuit effected by the capacitors.

there will be a "sweet" point in the adjusting positionment of the buzzer entity with respect to the magnet field strengths. enough for now.

clue me with your comments. respectively, mike, onward!

Comment

• GSM you say my diagrams are backwards please explain, I am always open to new idea's.
        This is a computer simulation of Jupiter and its ionization ring, notice its relation to the magnetic field.

Juno - Science:Magnetosphere
        The magnetic north as opposed to true north causes the procession (wobble) as the planet spins, the electron model you posted is correct just not complete.

The ionization ring is the electric field (A vortex field) field of the magnet.
        Last edited by Dave45; 12-12-2012, 01:19 PM.
        Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
          ... the electromagnetic effect is additionaly intensified by the fields of both magnets both dually and singulary depending on the directional flow of the circuit effected by the capacitors ...
          clue me with your comments ...
          both magnets ? directional flow effected by capacitors ?
          I'm flabberghasted !
          Attached Files
          Last edited by GSM; 12-12-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

both magnets ? directional flow effected by capacitors ?
            I'm flabberghasted !
            Hello GSM,
            clarence, respectfuly would appreciate your insight on the operation of the "buzzer". you can easily straighten out all of my misconceptions and I will not be offended in the least. I have monitored your depth of knowledge in many of your past posts and I do respect your experience and posting. As always, mike, onward!

Comment

• Hi Clarence,

If you have not yet read this thread right through (though sadly now it contains many irrelevences) can I suggest you home in on this post by Chris -
              http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post216073

down to post 174 where I too replicate the armature field reversal, this being how the Hendershot Buzzer works.

Cheers ........... Graham.
              Last edited by GSM; 12-13-2012, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Hi Clarence,

If you have not yet read this thread right through (though sadly now it contains many irrelevences) can I suggest you home in on this post by Chris -
                http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post216073

down to post 174 where I too replicate the armature field reversal, this being how the Hendershot Buzzer works.

Cheers ........... Graham.
                Hello GSM,

clarence,
                I do definiutely appreciate your reply, thank you Sir for your consideration. I briefly poured over your info sources to get a taste of what is involved . this taste is only to whet my appetite to the full time that I desire to pour into the same. which time I will rapidly assimulate as personal schedule permits. the points of reading "over and over" as mentioned are well taken!

I see that my mention of another magnet was the same thing that you and others refer to as keeper/armature. the polarity reversal, etc, info that I briefly perused was as you indicated delightful and valuable at the same time. It will not go without being fully absorbed.

again, your time and considerations in your postings are acknowledged and appreciated.

as always, mike, onward!

Comment

• Curiosity

Greetings, all...

Curiosity got the better of me this morning. Someone over at the OU forum posted the link to the "members" page of the site selling the Hendershot plans. I sat through the video and watched the "builder" perform the most gawd-awful construction that I could possibly imagine. For anyone who shelled out their hard-earned cash for this stuff, I would ask that you contact this individual and ask him a few questions.

1. Why are all the capacitors, plus the two 5:1 transformers spray painted PINK?! Something to hide? Why are the two 500uF caps LARGER than the 1000uF caps, unless the latter had a LOWER voltage rating? Why is the voltage rating of these caps NOT listed in the parts list?

2. WHERE does one find, purchase or otherwise acquire 500uF and 1000uF NON-POLARIZED capacitors? I did some serious searching for motor run caps that size. No such luck. Those who have done their homework know that Lester used 40uF and 80uF caps, not 500uF and 1000uF caps, and they were rated at 400V.

3. Has the builder not heard of ring connectors? Terminal blocks? I watched in horror as he inserted 1-1/4" screws into the capacitors (which only went in a couple of turns), then he used a SOCKET WRENCH to force them down deeper! I could almost hear the threads stripping! The icing on the cake was his use of an enormous soldering iron to attach his wire directly to the ALUMINUM contacts on the caps! Seriously!?

Stefan noticed something interesting toward the end of the video "demo." As the buzzer coils are at their furthest distance from the magnet, the lights give a bright flash, THEN go out completely. Capacitive discharge, perhaps? I doubt it.

Seriously, to bodge together a bunch of crap, show no preliminary testing and tuning (as Lester ALWAYS did), and then claim that it works? REALLY? No scope shots showing something looking vaguely like a 60-cycle AC waveform? Will someone with some time and money to burn PLEASE construct this abomination EXACTLY as shown in the video, and then when it fails to work, call this joker and try to get a refund. Better yet, SUE him for fraud and damages (your TIME has VALUE!) in small claims court. IF you can find him, that is.

Sorry folks, NOTHING resonates without tuning, especially when sloppy construction techniques are used. NOTHING about these "plans" resonates with me. I've no doubt that Graham will concur.

Perhaps now we can put this nonsense behind us and get back to some serious investigation.

Chris

Comment

• Curiosity

[Edit]

Sorry about this, the forum didn't respond to the first post, so I hit submit again and ended up with a double-post.

Chris
                    Last edited by ChrisW; 12-13-2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisW View Post
                      I've no doubt that Graham will concur.
                      Thats you, me and Morpher (YouTube) have all said the same now Chris.

No progress here due to Christmas etc. My efforts are on hold until more time becomes available.

Cheers ......... Graham.

Comment

• I agree the build is shabby but there is enough info to get someone going and modifications could be made, If I could afford the caps right now I would but Im in the same boat as everyone else holidays are eating any fun money I might have.
                        It or a variation is on my todo list.
                        later
                        dave

Comment

• Hendershot Fuelless Generator Thoughts

Hi Gentlemen (and Ladies),

I found this thread tonight and was compelled to pass along some thoughts.
                          I haven't worked on the Hendershot stuff for a while, but lately the chatter on youtube has been picking up due to the HOAX that is being sold. For shame!!!

The investigation of this thing should continue, however, because I think this was a valid invention, with many witnesses to its operation, a paper trail, etc.

I do agree with the conclusions of others that it is very unlikely that Lester used radio active materials. I don't think Hubbard did either, but that is another story.

I was thinking along the lines of studying each component, and subsets of the schematic, and powering it with oscillators or other "chopper" circuits based on relays, etc.
                          My background is computer science, but electronics is a hobby. Many years back I earned a Technican Ham radio license, so I have a basic understanding of radio. My knowledge is a but rusty, however.

Here are some conclusions I have come to, which may or may not be correct, but I try.

1. The solenoid, bar, magnet thing are going to oscillate at mechanical speeds in the range of 20Hz upwards to 100Hz. Its very difficult to get something mechanical like this to oscillate faster. I did find, while messing around with a doorbell, that you can get one into a state were you just have high-speed arcing, and very little mechnical movement that you can see. Thus, a "tuned" circuit would need to be working in this low frequencies. If there are other harmonics involved, that would be over near the coil-tank circuit area.

2. I have found that with the clapper attached to the horseshoe magnet, the field BENDS outward to the LEFT and RIGHT of the magnet. The field presented toward the solenoid is WEAKENED, and thus the solenoid is able to wiggle it all the easier as it gets closer. Interesting that the LEFT and RIGHT fields can be made to intersect with the two coils, if you bring them within range. Mark Hendershot's picker and replication shows the coils way far away from the solenoid. I think this is WRONG and possibly disinfo. My feeling is that you want the magnet to provide a FREE established field that you can easily wiggle and generate power in the coils w/o inertia. I.e., don't spin the coil, like was done in the induction compass, wiggle a field near the coils instead.

3. L. Hendershot was trying to improve the so called induction compass. You can find many patents on the Induction Compass doing a goggle patent search. Keeping things simple-stupid, I had the idea that Hendershot may have realized that instead of spinning coils in the Earth's field to generate power (well known for the Induction Compass), he could instead wiggle a field near stationary coils and generate power. Relativity indeed.

4. Why did Hendershot go to the trouble of making these hand-wound capacitors. He opened up a good, expensive cap, dumped out its oil, and made this funky hand-wound thing. It was suppose to be 7.8nF (an unusual value not easily purchased off-the-shelf). Clearly he needed this value to "tune" for resonance. Further, he used clamps to pinch it for another way to "tune", since it would be unlikely to create exactly that value or have the coils be exactly the inductances he was shooting for. He needed a way to make adjustments.

5. The cylinder was originally a coffee can in his earlier design. That would be TIN and ferromagnetic. Some aluminums are ferrormagnetic. Some are not. One clue in the Aho picture are the letters "Fe" which might stand for Iron and imply "Ferromagnetic" cylinders. Add that into the coil and you completely change the inductance value (but only when currents are large enough). You further have the funky Histerisis, transformer considerations. The open cylinder, and its dimensions may be an Antenna, specifically for waves in the Mhz range. The Sun provides a large signal in the range of 4 to 6Mhz. This signal might "charge up" the capacitor as the tank circuit self-oscillates from the incoming signal. Circuits that tune for these frequencies can easily be made to self oscillate due to the energy at these frequencies. Tank circuits self-oscillate. Capacitors self charge. Was this exploited to provide some energy input?

6. There are various "metals" here. Do we have galvanic battery effects? Copper wires, Tin, Aluminum, capacitor foil, and possibly other wire types.

7. Did Hendershot Hoax this in any way? Hidden batteries? Doped capacitor (with "hot" material inside). Or did he push his device up against a lab wall and inductively couple with his house main (intentionally for the hoax or by accident thinking his device only worked in certain physical locations in the lab)? I have found that by having CFLs in my room, these are enough to excite coils in the room. Turn them all off, the coils go quite. Certainly test equipment such as oscilloscopes also provide INPUT into your coils under test.

8. A true test would bring the thing way out in a field away from all high tension wires, etc, and away from lab equipment. A faraday cage is also a good test since it might prove that there is some Hertzian wave dependency.

9. The clapper on the horseshoe magnet has a very interesting effect on nearby compasses. I can make a compass on the left or right of the magnet SPIN by pulsing the solenoid. Remove the clapper, and you can't make the compass spin. Hence, you can create a spinning field momentarily in this way. This is no unlike taking a DOOR and suddenly pulling it open quickly. There is a vortex WAKE on the edge of the door that can make lint and hair and other light weight material SPIN. Did Hendershot use the magnet-solenoid, therefore to SPIN fields directly into his two coils? This idea is worth investigating.

10. If you read up on Magnetic Amplifiers, you learn that these were all the RAVE during WWII. Designing them now is a lost art. Such circuits were hardened, had no stupid TUBES that kept burning out, and predated transistor designs. Someone of Hendershot's age could be very familiar with circuit design using coils and only coils.

11. Hendershot lived during a time where making your own radio was a right of passage (and economical). There were magazines and books he would have access to and it is clear to me that he was self taught and developed some very interesting techniques for how to wrap coils. Basketweave coils were state-of-the-art for him. Radio hobbies were trying out all sorts of coil designs and little antenna designs. Hendershots various coils look like they have the so called "tickler coil" that Armstrong used for his heterodyne radio circuit.

12. Don't be afraid to use modern circuit design techniques, SPICE, modeling, etc. Don't be afraid to use "other" parts, other frequencies, other approaches. If the principal Hendershot was exploiting is there, it should be doable many different ways. A Joule thief oscillator is a perfectly good "chopper" circuit for make-break. Using relays, solenoids, magnets, etc. is a bit old school.

13. We need a theory for where the power comes from. We cannot violate any laws of thermodynamics here. We cannot be receiving power from another dimension. It is either received power from the radio spectrum OR it is power from the Earth's magnetic dynamo and eddy currents OR it is galvanic, etc. We do know from the myth that it took a little time to "charge up", which would be the case with big capacitors. You can actually calculate the Joules (or voltage) in relative to time. If it took "minutes" for Hendershot to get it going, the power is flowing in at a modest rate. If you are greedy with your Load, you drain down the capacitors and the system stops -- or so would be the prediction. So the Load would need to be modest as well. One 60Watt bulb is NOT a modest load. However, we don't know the duty cycle the light was being pulsed at.... Not w/o a scope. The eye can't see rapid pulsing of an incandescent bulb.

14. Let us not confuse the Fuelless Generator with Hendershot's Fuelless Motor. The latter being first implemented in a little toy plane for his son. It is not clear if this thing used the same principals as the Fuelless Generator. Certainly Hendershot was inventive and he may have figured out various ways to do the "same" basic harnessing of this power.

Best way to communicate with me is via youtube -- user "morpher44".
                          I check that periodically.

Thanks for reading.
                          -morpher44

Comment

• 2. I have found that with the clapper attached to the horseshoe magnet, the field BENDS outward to the LEFT and RIGHT of the magnet. The field presented toward the solenoid is WEAKENED, and thus the solenoid is able to wiggle it all the easier as it gets closer. Interesting that the LEFT and RIGHT fields can be made to intersect with the two coils, if you bring them within range. Mark Hendershot's picker and replication shows the coils way far away from the solenoid. I think this is WRONG and possibly disinfo. My feeling is that you want the magnet to provide a FREE established field that you can easily wiggle and generate power in the coils w/o inertia. I.e., don't spin the coil, like was done in the induction compass, wiggle a field near the coils instead.
                            Hey Morpher good to see you back, I always enjoy watching your vids.
                            Left and Right fields understanding this is the key

dave

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisW View Post
                              Greetings, all...

2. WHERE does one find, purchase or otherwise acquire 500uF and 1000uF NON-POLARIZED capacitors? I did some serious searching for motor run caps that size. No such luck. Those who have done their homework know that Lester used 40uF and 80uF caps, not 500uF and 1000uF caps, and they were rated at 400V.

Chris
                              Look for large AC capacitors at some eletronic surplus store. Capacitors that are used with AC motors, such as air conditioning capacitors are good. You don't want super caps or electrolytic. The voltage rating should be high such as 400VAC. If its too low, these suckers can explode as you go over the voltage rating. You can certainly hear them bubbling first, so wear eye protection.

Hendershot was rumored to have blown a hole in his garrage ceiling. I wonder how he did that. The Tesla levels for his fields must have been pretty strong. Flubber indeed.

I concur that the book/video/build-kit that is being advertised of late looks like a nasty hoax, with all sorts of disinfo. I saw one last night that talks about how Hendershot was Charles Lindbergh's special inventor. Not true. Made up fantasy to hook people.
                              Quoting Real Genius, "'Ick' Ikagami: Do you think it's getting weird around here? "

-morpher44

Comment

• not quite a buzzer

Originally posted by clarence View Post
                                Hello GSM,
                                clarence, respectfuly would appreciate your insight on the operation of the "buzzer". you can easily straighten out all of my misconceptions and I will not be offended in the least. I have monitored your depth of knowledge in many of your past posts and I do respect your experience and posting. As always, mike, onward!
                                You might be able to open up a doorbell or buzzer to steal parts, but what Hendershot made wasn't quite a buzzer. That would be annoying too.

I've pondered over this. Some questions to resolve:

1. Is keeper near the horseshoe magnet or actually placed on it or made to bounced back and forth off of it?
                                My vote: Its placed on the magnet to weaken the field and produce a left and right alternate field. He is bending the shape of the field to make it go left and right and weaken the front end. You can make little spinning WAKEs of fields this way as shown in this video:

Hendershot's Compass Discovery (more carefully done) - YouTube

2. How are the dual solenoids wired? Both turns in same direction, or opposite direction?
                                My vote: Opposite, although if you did same, you could wire the center connect by taking bottom wire of one coil and bringing to top of other. When applying power, one solenoid should be North, the other South -- as the horseshoe magnet shows north and south too.

3. The coils need to be put in certain locations NEAR the solenoid. Specifically this matters depending upon the Earth's field and N, S, E, W. This is in keeping with the Hendershot story and I've found it makes a difference in terms of the overall shape of the field. Things can be made to work, the locations just change as you orient the thing differently. So with FIXed coil locations, you forced it to need FIXED orientation. Thus, leave the big coils on separate boards so you can move them around too.

Magnet - Compass - Solenoids (Hendershot Mystery) - YouTube

--morpher44

Comment

Working...
                                X