Need Help with simple pulse motor circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with simple pulse motor circuit

I would like to learn how to harvest back emf from a P.M. Motor and generator. Today I ordered a 2.75 hp treadmill motor and controller. I read about konheads circuit on capturing back emf through pulsing the motor and then capturing the back emf with another circuit. i kind of understand what he is doing. does anyone know if this works or is there a better way. I need help with the circuit i don't think it would be that complicated for me to build if someone would be kind enough to help me out. I was thinking along the lines of optical switching and transistors. i would assume i will have to pulse each pole on the commutator then time the other circuit to close just after the first fires. I pretty much understand how it works I just don't have a clue as how to design even a simple circuit like this one. If anyone knows a better way I'm all ears. I would start with the pulse circuit first then work on the bemf later. Also what would be the best generator? I was looking at the wind turbines form Missouri wind and solar. thanks in advance for any help.

The way modern motors are built it is not possible to harvest BEMF without a geometry change but it is possible to harvest inductive kickback. The Bedini recovery method being the simplest. All you have to do is place a diode on the negative wire on the motor and then a battery or capacitor followed by a connection to the positive wire, the diode having their polarity going in the opposite direction to the supply pulses.

There are other methods which are more effective but not so easy to do but the Bedini method is always a good place to start.

Harvesting BEMF is not so easy but first you have to know what BEMF is. It is generated current, you know that if you spin a permanent magnet motor it will generate, that is what BEMF is. When you power your motor with current it is also generating in the same coil in the opposite direction to the applied current. This dramatically reduces the power of the motor and in inevitable in a normal motor setup. Harvesting BEMF will require you to eliminate or reduce the BEMF in the motor coils and place a generator coil in the place where you would normally have the motor coil to collect it. This is what the Lockridge device is doing.

To reduce or eliminate BEMF you have to move the motor power coil away from where the magnetic flux is moving. This is not possible with a standard PM motor as the armature (rotor) is moving within the flux field and is your power coil.

It may be possible with a 4 pole universal motor and this is exactly what I am working on now.

What you seem to be describing is capturing the inductive kickback and not the BEMF, If you use a Bedini type method, you need to be careful not to allow the impedance or the voltage in the recovery to get too high as it will damage your power supply circuit.

Comment

mbrown

Thank you very much for enlightening me. I watched both electric motor secrets and thought i understood Dr lindmann....guess i was wrong. my hopes were to attempt ou with off the shelf parts. I just don't have the time it takes to build a motor from scratch. I'll try the diode method to start with and just keep tinkering who knows what might happen. Columbus took a chance look what he discovered. If i discover a way to save the world I will post it all over the net...lol..thanks again and God bless.
      Last edited by Allampedup; 11-01-2012, 03:07 AM. Reason: Needed to add more

Comment

You could do worse than start with Chapter 1 and Chapter 2:
        http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Allampedup View Post
          mbrown

my hopes were to attempt ou with off the shelf parts.
          Yes, that is what I am attempting to do but I suspect that at least a rewound armature may be required. We are using 4 pole universal motor or generator, we have a 12v unit running on 8v and generating 40+v with no modification, other than changing the way it is wired inside. The efficiency is still low at around 37% but we don't have any recovery circuits on it yet.

The reason for the lower input voltage could be that we have successfully reduced the BEMF but we need more people to test this to prove it. The gain in voltage is because we have combined the transformer effect with generation.

Keep your eye on the http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...demann-36.html thread and wait for announcements or ask me how to do it on there as I am looking for people to replicate what I am doing.

Comment

Working...
          X