Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organic Rankine Cycle Feed Pump

Hello everyone ,

This is my first post.I am working on a project about ORC(organic rankine cycle.In this cycle we use refrigerants (R123a , R245fa ,R123) as working fluid.So ı have to find a pump whose working values are between 5-35 bar and 5-12lt/min.The mass flow are low , but the pressures are high.
    Do you have any ideas where can I find this kind of pumps?Please help me with this.İf you know about pump manufacturers please let me know.

Hi orcturkey,

did you think to fridge compressor, you can go high to 40 bar, i don't know if you can use it with a pulley instead of the electric motor inside or if that compressor can act as pump.

Geo

Comment

How about using an auto ac compresser with propane as the working fluid, you can get the same results as r12 with less propane than r12 so slightly less pressures. I use it in my older cars with excellent results.

Comment

Pump needed

Hello orcturkey,

Both centrifugal and piston pump supply the bar pressure you ask for.

A variance in flow rate obtained by speed of pump mechanism. 12 litres per minute is low flow and may be best taken in piston application.

Steam turbine installer should be able to assist with place of purchase for pump.

Having developed a like though with CO2 R744 we also found if a turbine was in place it would itself provide that done by a pump. Such exploiting the revolving door principal.

All the best with your development.

Cheers Peter
        Last edited by DaS Energy; 11-15-2012, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X