• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firestorm

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    Hi Jetijs,

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...orm-plugs.html

Yes, even Smokey Yunick (spelling??) confirmed it when he was alive.

Aaron, do the Firestorm plugs use a standard ignition coil, or MSD or something fancy.

The plugs themselves look of fairly simple construction.
    Thanks!
    Dude, you're curving my space-time.

Comment

Originally posted by deggers View Post
      Aaron, do the Firestorm plugs use a standard ignition coil, or MSD or something fancy.

The plugs themselves look of fairly simple construction.
      Thanks!
      Can we even buy Firestorm? I did asearch and can't find anyone who makes or sells them

Comment

firestorm details

To my understanding, the Firestorm need an enhanced ignition. I don't know if that means a higher voltage coil, capacitive discharge like CDI or what.

I think the plugs have no resistor in them.

The original prototypes were made by a jeweler.

Krupa look at used plugs and saw they liked to wear down into a half sphere shape so he thought "why not just make them like that to begin with." So he enlarged the head on the electrode stem and put wire loops on the ground side so equidistant spacing from the mushroom head annode. Therefore they can't misfire like other plugs. If the residual ionization in one area is too high for spark to jump, it simply jumps elsewhere...no misfire.

Krupa is one of the developers of the split fire plug so he didn't come out of nowhere.

I chatted with him a few times online and he is pretty quiet and doesn't say much.

Bosch tested 0% gap growth over their testing on these plugs...basically will never wear out...virtually no emissions from the tailpipe.

14.7:1 is always claimed to be the idea mixture...that is ONLY with a simple spark, but when using plasma bursts, you can release a lot more energy from a lot leaner mixture. 20:1, 40:1 and even just for show and not necessarily practical 100:1 was demonstrated.

I personally think these plugs or duplicates of the concept are what will make water powered engines practical as these plugs split water on contact. Even if people don't have high liters per minute water gas production, these plugs will let an engine run on it...in my opinion.

To think of it, I don't have the engineering skills, tools or experience of a lot of you here, but perhaps a non-fouler can be the base of one...insulate center annode from the non-fouler stick it through and weld on the loops...back side, some connector to stick plug wire too. I don't know if it would be as simple as this but maybe makes it easier than making from scratch?
        Sincerely,
        Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
        Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
        RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

I made a few tests with ordinary spark plugs and capacitors. Here is a video:
          YouTube - spark plug/capacitor test
          First I show what the arc looks like in an ordinary spark plug at about 5kV AC at 50Hz. Then I just attach a capacitor parallel to the spark plug and you can see how much stronger the arc appears, its just like a primary Tesla coil circuit without the secondary winding. And at last I show how the arcs look like if I use a spark plug with cut away ground electrode. This looks like those firestorm spark plug arcs in that video demonstration Aaron posted. I want to try adding a capacitor in parallel the spark plug on my gas generator to see how the fuel economy changes. Because I heard from many sources that a more powerful spark makes a huge difference. Any comments before I test this? Can i fry the induction coil of my generator this way?
          Thanks,
          Jetijs.
          It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

great test!

Very cool Jetijs!

It actually reminds me quite a bit like a torquemaster plug.
            Extreme Spark.Com

Here is the old firestorm page that has been taken off line, found it in archive.org

http://web.archive.org/web/200512171.../firestorm.htm
            Sincerely,
            Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
            Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
            RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Original Torquemaster Plugs

Hi All,

The original TorqueMaster plugs had NO ground electrode. I talked to the Originator some 20 years ago. He started with a Bosch Super Plug. Cut off the ground electrode and then Rolled the base of the threads in (closest to the ground electrode) to lessen the gap between the ceramic insulator and the base. This also formed a nice, round surface for the spark to jump to. By pulling the metal closer to the insulator, it helped to create a "field effect" that lowered the voltage requirement to jump the gap. He still recommended a stronger coil or, better yet, an MSD Ignition.

I've still got a used set that I took out of one of the cars I sold.

IN MY OPINION, one of the 2 biggest SCAMS for better engine performance and mileage are SPARK PLUGS.

The kind of spark you get is determined by the ignition system, NOT the damn spark plug. A SPARK - IS A SPARK - IS A SPARK. The type of gap that it is jumping makes NO difference. If you want to change the Spark, you have to change the Ignition System. The electronics that fire the Coil. A higher capacity coil gives you just that, higher capacity, not a different spark.

Most PROOF is not really an improvement, but LESS misfires!!!!!!!!!!
              That's why it is hard to beat a NEW, Stock ignition system. Very Few Misfires!!!

Smaller center electrodes may give fewer misfires. Multi electrode plugs just give you MORE wear surface to work on. The spark prefers to jump from a SHARP edge, not a rounded edge. That's why the voltage requirement goes up as the plug wears (gap increase and rounded electrodes). You can pull used plugs out and regap them, put them back in, but the voltage requirement is still higher than a new, sharp plug.

That's why I disagree partially with the firestorm plug. Part of the benefit, if any, will be the higher voltage required to jump the spark, and the multi wear surfaces.

The Pulstar spark plug MAY have something in it that changes the spark, but it can't be much, if it's contained in the plug itself. And at that price, the payback is WAY out there.

Many years back I saw a device that you put in between the spark plug and the wire. All it was was a LARGER spark gap BEFORE the Spark Plug gap. In theory it should have worked, but you are putting a higher load on components that weren't designed for it.

I think you would be better off with a MSD type ignition. That WILL change the spark. But the main benefit is still LESS MISFIRES!!!

I got in an argument with a customer that said the Slit Fire Plugs (modified Autolites) increased his power and fuel economy. I ended the argument when I asked him if HE had forgotten that the reason he put the SF plugs in was because he NEEDED a TUNE UP!!!

VERY FEW people are comparing NEW plugs against each other.

Hope this helps,

Speedy Lee

Comment

Firestorm Plugs

I've seen the video of the Firestorm Plug that Aaron just posted several times before, and every time I've seen it, my brain went "TILT". Somethings wrong here.

Well, I think I figured it out. WHY are the spark plugs recessed down in the plate? In a real cylinder head, the ground and center electrodes are out in the open, exposed to the fuel in the combustion chamber, NOT recessed. (Looks more like an anti-fouler).

When you watch the video, the Firestorm plug looks like it is actually sparking to the Plate, NOT the electrodes. Maybe it's just a reflection. But it still doesn't explain WHY the plugs are recessed? They're not that way in a real engine.

Speedy Lee

Comment

spark plugs

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
                  Karl,
                  that spark plug tester seems nice, it's a shame you do not have one anymore It would answer our questions. I always thought that the less pressure, the higher the resistance through the spark gap. And the more pressure, the less resistance. I assumed this because what is a spark? A spark is a plasma, that conducts electricity. But this plasma appears only when the atoms between the high voltage source and the ground (spark gap) are ionized so far, that they start to conduct electricity and a spark appears. So, if we have a vacuum in the spark gap, there are no atoms to ionize in order to get the electricity to flow. But if we have a high pressure gas between the electrodes, there is much more atoms there to ionize. I may be wrong, so please someone correct me
                  Thanks,
                  Jetijs

I purchased a spark plug tester late last week, it has a pressure bell attached to it, so when it arrives, maybe at the end of this week, I'll run some tests for you.

I won't be using the pulse plug though, due to it's single earth strap design. The reason I'm steering away from these types of plugs is because they need to be "indexed" to realise their full potential, and "shielding" of the flame kernel by the earth strap is an often overlooked issue, as is the swirl direction of the fuel/air mass inside the cylinder.

By not indexing these, you could be pointing the open area of the plug in the wrong direction inside the cylinder, which will yield a gain somewhat less than desired. Also, by having a "staggered" array of plugs, some pointing this way, some that way, you will never realise the full potential of the plug. Any gains would be offset by the losses due to this point alone.

My tests will only be done on multiple ground plugs, as this is where the gains are hidden. Someone said earlier that a spark is a spark, is a spark, that's sort of true, yet no account was given for what that spark can grow to become, once given a better earthing point. A standard "J" gap spark plug is less efficient simply by virtue of it's design.

Multiple earths are the way forward, they allow a flame kernel an unrestricted "view" of the main fuel/air mass inside the cylinder. The don't require indexing, as there is no "J" gap to get in the way.

The test plug you made is what I'm talking about. That worked far better than a "J" gap ever could.

By providing the fuel/air mass with multiple points of ignition, you will get a faster and more efficient burn, thus make more power, and producing less emissions.

The plug I feel may be a reasonable contender at this time, is the Brisk LGS.

Until Mr Krupa gets his "Firestorm" on the market, the Brisk may have to do. I'll test a few other plugs as well, and try to determine which is the best on offer at this time.

I've modified a couple of old NGK plugs, along the lines of the "firestorm", and from what I witnessed in open air testing, they definitely do work. That is why I purchased the pressure bell, so I could pressurise them and record the gains.

I used a standard HEI ignition system for my open air tests. I don't intend to upgrade to any other system. The basis for my tests, is to lift the efficiency of a standard engine from the approximate 70-75%(debatable) efficiency, to perhaps 80-85%, hopefully with plugs alone.

My tests will also include the use of other spark enhancing devices, including an ICAT, a Lectran Pulsar, and a home made "intensifier", which is simply an introduced air gap, loosely based on a Meissner principal.

I also see there is a product in Malaysia called the "Stromberg", which purports to do what these other devices do. I may try to secure one of those as well.

Comment

I had a hard time with these pulstar plugs. When I installed them on my toyota yaris at first everything seemed ok, I did not notice any difference at all neither in torque nor in fuel economy. In fact the car gradually became weaker and started to consume more fuel. I did not know yet what the reason for this was. I tried everything - changing all the oils and filters that I could, I took the car for diagnostics and they said, that the car computer has no error logs at all and everything works fine. Everything became worse and worse till some days ago the car started to shake when idling, I took the car to service and they said, that one of the cylinders isn't working. So I removed the pulstar plugs. One of them was dead and did not work, aslo the electrodes were black. When I replaced all the pulstar plugs with regular spark plugs, the shaking disappeared, motor torque came back and the fuel consumption became lower. I have never seen an ordinary spark plug die in such a way.
                    So do not waste your money for the pulstar plugs, it is not worth it.
                    Thanks,
                    Jetijs

Comment

these pulstars are known to be fragile and break a little to easily actually, most likely thats what happened to one plug that was completely dead i your car.

The plug wasnt firing at all so you were effectively running on 3 cylinders probably with a loppy idle and misfiring.

Comment

Ball Spark plug

Originally posted by dubsta View Post
                        these pulstars are known to be fragile and break a little to easily actually, most likely thats what happened to one plug that was completely dead i your car.

The plug wasnt firing at all so you were effectively running on 3 cylinders probably with a loppy idle and misfiring.

Hi Guys,

I am sure that you all have looked at my firestorm reps which I call Ball spark plug!!! I have a set of Pulstar plugs and have shown that in open air they produce a more energetic spark! Having said that, they are still nowhere near as powerful as we need! AND as Dubsta has said they ARE FRAGILE!!
                        So check these vids I did and you'll see what I mean!

FireStorm replication :-

YouTube - Ball Spark Plug Test

Firestorm replication under pressure:-

YouTube - Ball Spark Plug going wild under higher pressure

Pulstar plug versus standard resistorless plug:-

YouTube - Pulstar spark V Standard resistorless spark

I am looking into a Firestorm - Ball plug/Pulstar hybrid running on a Kiker/Nology hotwires hybrid lead, powered by a water spark plug circuit. I haven't got there yet but I will post as developments as they occur.

Cheers
                        Jeff

Comment

I had a hard time with these pulstar plugs. When I installed them on my toyota yaris at first everything seemed ok, I did not notice any difference at all neither in torque nor in fuel economy. In fact the car gradually became weaker and started to consume more fuel. I did not know yet what the reason for this was. I tried everything - changing all the oils and filters that I could, I took the car for diagnostics and they said, that the car computer has no error logs at all and everything works fine. Everything became worse and worse till some days ago the car started to shake when idling, I took the car to service and they said, that one of the cylinders isn't working. So I removed the pulstar plugs. One of them was dead and did not work, aslo the electrodes were black. When I replaced all the pulstar plugs with regular spark plugs, the shaking disappeared, motor torque came back and the fuel consumption became lower. I have never seen an ordinary spark plug die in such a way.
                          So do not waste your money for the pulstar plugs, it is not worth it.
                          Thanks,
                          Jetijs
                          Hi Jetijis,

I also broke a plug and mine was replaced free of charge, however, I do agree, they BREAK far too easily for me too. Still they are a piece of the puzzle and are worth looking at for research! Running a car on them though.......... !!! Time will tell.

Have you tried getting your plug replaced under warranty?

Cheers
                          Jeff

Comment

Jeff,
                            I do not want to play the Russian roulette with these plugs anymore. Thank you for your video, it definitely shows, that the pulstar plugs actually give some improvement. But your plugs had their ground electrode removed, I did my tests with non modified plugs and in this case I could not see any difference in spark strength compared to a standard plug. I am still convinced that it is not worth buying them, at least at the current price, if they break so easily, they will never pay off. I will try take the dead plug apart and see whats inside
                            Thanks,
                            Jetijs

Comment

Firestorm/Ball plug

Originally posted by Racer426 View Post
                              I've seen the video of the Firestorm Plug that Aaron just posted several times before, and every time I've seen it, my brain went "TILT". Somethings wrong here.

Well, I think I figured it out. WHY are the spark plugs recessed down in the plate? In a real cylinder head, the ground and center electrodes are out in the open, exposed to the fuel in the combustion chamber, NOT recessed. (Looks more like an anti-fouler).

When you watch the video, the Firestorm plug looks like it is actually sparking to the Plate, NOT the electrodes. Maybe it's just a reflection. But it still doesn't explain WHY the plugs are recessed? They're not that way in a real engine.

Speedy Lee
                              G'day Speedy,

All I can say is that these plugs DEFINITELY react in a different way to a normal plug! I have afew variations and only where the ball electrode is involved do I see the plug come out of the motor clean! It appears to be blued but I can wipe a white cloth over it and it's clean! Every other type of plug is either sooted or browned off in some way and not clean!

Anyway, that's my own experience with them! BTW, that's on a points system - no HEI or CDI!

Cheers
                              Jeff

Comment

Jeff,
                                I do not want to play the Russian roulette with these plugs anymore. Thank you for your video, it definitely shows, that the pulstar plugs actually give some improvement. But your plugs had their ground electrode removed, I did my tests with non modified plugs and in this case I could not see any difference in spark strength compared to a standard plug. I am still convinced that it is not worth buying them, at least at the current price, if they break so easily, they will never pay off. I will try take the dead plug apart and see whats inside
                                Thanks,
                                Jetijs
                                I also have taken them out of my car as they didn't give enough improvement by themselves to warrant the price or what I am trying to achieve but will still use them for research as they do seem to produce a better spark - at least my testing shows me this! I feel that eventually I will be settling for standard resistorless/Ball type plugs with upgraded leads and circuitry.

At my end, the jury is still out!

Cheers
                                Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X