Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which magnet wire for most coils?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a (quick) advice on which AWGs of magnet wire one should have handy for winding majority of coils seen in alternative energy circuits.

Right now I do not have any sufficient amount of magnet wire and would like to purchase couple of 6" spools but before that I'm wondering what gauge should I look for to get what would cover most bases.

I was thinking about 30, 26 and 23 AWG but those are just based on Bedini stuff. What about Tesla coils in general, could I wind those with the above mentioned gauges?

Thanks for your anticipated responses!

P.S. Timing is an issue, I'd like to order the wire within day or two so that I have it next week (I'm off work for a week next week) and would like to wind couple of coils
    Last edited by amigo; 09-05-2007, 02:17 AM. Reason: added P.S.
    Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

No takers?

I have ordered 6" spools (about 4.5 Kg/10 lbs each) of 30, 23 and 20 AWG from ElectroWind. It seemed like a better deal than eBay or other places that sell it on the Web like McMaster-Carr.
    Sadly 6" spools were the smallest size they had but that's what happens when you go directly to the distributor...
    Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

Comment

Working...
    X