Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Will A Bedini Motor Cost? Can I Make One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Will A Bedini Motor Cost? Can I Make One?

I recently learned about Bedini motors and have taken an interest in them. I'd love to build one, but I am unsure if I am capable of doing so. I am sixteen years old with no former knowledge of electrical engineering (well, a very small amount). Everything I read/watch about these motors suggests that they are easy to manufacture, but I am not sure it is worth the investment, both in cash and time. How much money does it cost to make one of these motors? How much time will it take? Additionally, is someone like me capable of building it? If you think it's possible that I build one, please post a link of some sort to a basic tutorial. Thanks so much, and, experts, please respond!

Bedini SG, The Complete Beginner's Handbook

Originally posted by chiclanda View Post
    I recently learned about Bedini motors and have taken an interest in them. I'd love to build one, but I am unsure if I am capable of doing so. I am sixteen years old with no former knowledge of electrical engineering (well, a very small amount). Everything I read/watch about these motors suggests that they are easy to manufacture, but I am not sure it is worth the investment, both in cash and time. How much money does it cost to make one of these motors? How much time will it take? Additionally, is someone like me capable of building it? If you think it's possible that I build one, please post a link of some sort to a basic tutorial. Thanks so much, and, experts, please respond!
    Dear Chiclanda,

You can definitely build one. The first step would be to get the Beginner's Handbook on this. It includes everything you need to know to succeed. Go HERE.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
    Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
    Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

I built a Bedini motor when I was sixteen and I did it at virtually no cost. I took
      apart old broken appliances and such for parts, not the easiest way but
      definitely the cheapest, plus you learn some about what your taking apart

Comment

The simplest to build and also cheapest is the Imhotep/Bedini fan (google it). It is made from an old computer fan and is a great way to start if you have no budget. Even the bicycle wheel is very easy. You can do it and it is very rewarding.

Comment

I'm no expert--Peter Lindemann is though!

I built one and in the end it has cost me bare bones $160 or so (maybe a bit more). But I bought the kit from r-charge ($120) plus two 5 amp hour batteries ($35). It took me some time to collect everything like the super glue, strapping tape, plywood, chisel, wood glue, good used bike wheel, sand paper, etc. I'm 30 but also new to electronics, it took me maybe two weeks working maybe two or three hours a week. I spread it out over a month or two what with collecting the items etc.

Basically I got instructions on how to solder the components onto the kit circuit board from the older version of the monopole 3 beginners forum. There's lots of help there if you try to build it. You need a soldering iron and solder which costs maybe $20 from Radio Shack. Dr. Lindemann's book I think is awesome, definitely worth getting! The build instructions in that book are worth having, but it is for a slightly more complicated version called the "SG." The one I built from the kit is the "Simplified" SG. Most of the info still applies though. Mine is not as nice as the one in the book, but I think I have gotten some good results with it!

I got a few pieces of scrap plywood, and using a chisel, made two long grooves in a thicker board that became the base. I glued two arms that were long enough so that the bicycle wheel would spin above the coil, then I cut two long notches in these thin boards so that I could adjust the height of the wheel. Basically I just made a simple base that held the wheel at a good height above the coil.

I took the bearings out of the wheel and cleaned them to shiny and cleaned the place on the wheel where they go, then I used a drop or two of the lubricant that came with the kit. I marked all the magnets that came with the kit "N" and also marked the middle of them the 1" or so width of the bicycle wheel rim so that I could glue them on roughly centered. I used 18 magnets so that one would go on every other bicycle wheel spoke around the rim. I super glued the magnets to the wheel then I put heavy duty fiberglass strapping tape on the magnets all around the wheel. I spun up the wheel so I could get a free spin time over 8 minutes.

Then I mounted the circuit board to the plywood base on a little wooden stand with some plastic thingy I found and then super glued the coil like that also, but in between the thin pieces of board on the stand. I used the chisel to make a little crater in the board so that the coil iron core would sit in it.

Then I took some thick 12 gauge wire and made two equal lengths and mounted them to the circuit board stand using super glue and some $.99 per box plastic cable mounting thingies with little nails. I soldered two more lengths of the 12 gauge wire to the circuit board in a way that would let me plug the two batteries easily into them (all these red 12 gauge wires go to the two batteries). Then I soldered the little alligator clips onto the ends of the 12 gauge wires so that I could attach them to the batteries (later I switched to the rectangular box like connectors that plug into the spade end of small 5 Amp hour batteries). If you use thick 12 gauge wire you might need a 40 watt soldering iron, which I got at Radio Shack.

Then I stripped about 1/8" off the ends of the magnet wires coming from the coils and soldered them onto the circuit board where they were supposed to go (after I tried to start the machine without stripping the magnet wires first and it didn't spin ). I think that's basically it. Here's some photos to make it possibly less confusing :

Mike
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Blargus; 01-23-2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

One needs not to be an expert in electronics to build a Bedini Motor. All it takes is a little patience and thorough instructions to follow. This is one good project for those who are starting out in the field of electronics.

This is the diagram that can explain how the whole thing works.

Hope this helps. -N.B.
            Last edited by nicole_b; 02-12-2013, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Bedini SSG

Originally posted by nicole_b View Post
              One needs not to be an expert in electronics to build a Bedini Motor. All it takes is a little patience and thorough instructions to follow. This is one good project for those who are starting out in the field of electronics.

This is the diagram that can explain how the whole thing works.

Hope this helps.
              That is right out of the patent, but since then, there is one recommended
              build that John has and it is going by the exact specs that is laid out in
              Bedini SG - The Complete Beginner's Handbook. A trifilar coil won't give
              results compared to the build that is described in the book.
              Sincerely,
              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Working...
              X