Newton's Principia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newton's Principia

Few FE researchers and scientists insist that Newton's Classical Mechanics have serious flaws. Some of their argument perfectly make sense to me. But I felt I need to investigate Newton's original work for myself.

What so funny thing I discovered is most physicists never studied Newton's original work over hundreds years. A theory is like a story. To fully understand new theory or old, the reader need to know the whole context from start to finish. Am I right? Just listening to story teller's filtered words has information distortion right there.

What flaws Newton's Classical Mechanics have? What's the limitations of this revolutionary scientific work of a genius? The apprentice who want to be a real magician needs to understand thoroughly the guru's teachings and go beyond. The obstacle is how to master all teachings.

In science and technology I assume the teachings are replaced by laws and established theories. Unfortunately most gurus are turned out to be skillful apprentices not guru state for themselves. They hardly know what their teachers taught them when they were apprentices. In their mind, the teachings work anyway. They also witnessed how rebellious fellow apprentices were punished, expelled by the teachers. "How dare you question the Genius's work? You say there is something wrong without tangible evidences. That's a sign of intellectual corruption. Do you understand?" Voluntarily or being forced those apprentices kicked out from the school. What a sad affair!

Principia was written in Latin by Issac Newton. Latin is dead language nowadays. Anyway, if there is somebody who want to study Newton's original work, Principia, I have a good news for you. I learned that there are couple versions of Principia in English translated by scholars. Which one is the best? This is another challenge indeed.

Well, Newton's Principia, The Central Argument, Translation, Notes and Expanded Proofs by Dana Densmore and William H. Donahue, 3rd Edition seems the best anyone can get. Dana Densmore had taught Principia in a college for years and revised the book three times. I bought one from Amazon.com lately.

And there is few things you need to prepare before serious study of this book. Back to the square one in mathematics. Issac Newton used Euclidean Geometry not Calculus. He also assumed contemporary mathematicians and scholars are the reader. Principia was a collection of papers not a book for general public. I guess that's why he wrote in Latin.
    Dana Densmore also suggests study Galileo's work.

Excerpt from Newton's Principia, 3rd Edition by Dana Densmore and William H. Donahue,

Convenient unabridged editions of Euclid's Elements and Apollonius's On Conic Sections Books I-II are available from Green Lion Press. Galileo's Two New Sciences is available in Stillman Drake's translation (recommended) from Wall & Thompson and from Modern Library Science Series. Two New Sciences is also available in the older translation of DeSalvio and Crew from Prometheus Books.

Euclid's Elements:

Book I: Postulates 3 and 4; Proposition 4, 6, 13-15, 23, 26-29, 31-34, 37-41,and 47.
    Book II: 11-13.
    Book III: 3, 14-18, 21, 29, 31-32, and 36.
    Book IV: 5.
    Book V: Definition 5, Propositions 7 porism, 8-9, 11-12, 14, and 16-19.
    Book VI: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 14, 16, 17, 19 por., 20 por., and 23.
    Book XI: 1 and 2.

Apollonius's On Conic Sections:

Book I: Definitions 4-8; Propositions 11-13, 15;
    Definitions 9 and 11; Propositions 17, 21, 32, 35, 37, 46, 47, 49, and 60.
    Book III: Propositions 45 and note, 48 and note, 49, 51, and 52.

Galileo's Two New Sciences:

Third Day:

"On Equable Motion": Propositions 1, 2, and 4.
    "On Naturally Accelerated Motion": Definition of uniformly accelerated motion;
    Propositions 1 and 2.

Fourth Day:

"On the Motion of Projectiles": Proposition 1.
    I'm also very interested about Systems theory in general.

I don't consider cold fusion or extract energy from other matter, i.e. water, as true FE technology. Any real FE power device needs to have intelligence that regulates total input and out energy as the system changes its state. Energy efficiency is key factor of FE device.

For instance there is a company called Hidro (http://www.hidroonline.com/technology.html). It looks legit to me but energy efficiency is questionable. The company doesn't sell small unit rather big power plant for corporation. I wonder who would benefit from it. Five years in business?
    Disclaimer:
    We explicitly disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, content, or availability of information found on web sites and publications that link to or from this web site. We do not endorse any claims made by third parties about any aspect of our technology. We do not endorse, nor do we permit any third party to represent our technology without our express permission. We do not endorse nor do we allow any third party to purport to represent our technology to extract or resource finance of any kind, for any reason whatsoever.
    Big question mark here IMHO.

Pure mechanical kinetic energy coming from inertia of solid/liquid matter.
    Electric potential energy on Earth's ground and atmosphere.
    Collecting Cosmic rays that come to Earth.
    Zero-Point energy in space.
    Magnetic potential energy.
Working...
X