Basic bedini help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic bedini help

Hi, i have posted a few times asking for help on different things. Ive gotten good responses and i now have a working ssg. I also hooked a imhotop fan up to the circut and that worked too, i want to build a window motor or a rotart attraction motor so i can use torque to generate more power but im realizing that i have to keep comming back here to ask questions because i dont understand the circut , so my question this time is not how to rig something up and get it to work but it is could some one help me out with what is doin what and why. Why am i connecting a doide from the base to the emitter? Does the pot restrict energy comming from the trigger coil or going into it. I also dont get how were using the transistor to switch it all on and off. Are we using the coils like a transformer and when the em field goes from the large wire and into the small wire , is that what is getting the transistor to turn on and off ? How are the charge battery negative and the run battery not shorting out when there both connected on their way into the large wire of the coil. I know these might be simple stupid questions for some people but i cant get a grasp on how to move into bigger better projects without learning what is doing what and so i could really use a good detailed description down to what all the resistance is for. If someone could help me with this you wouldnt be giving a man a fish to eat for the day but rather teaching him how to fish and eat for the rest of his life.

Hi,

Well I think the best explanation I have found is from the Bedini SG Beginner's Handbook Bedini SG - The Complete Beginner's Handbook . It seems that basically the run battery is powering the coil that drives the wheel through the transistor. The transistor is switched on when you want a pulse from the run battery to go into the coil which also drives the wheel. The transistor is switched based on the direction of electricity from the trigger coil, which goes both ways like an AC wave. When the transistor is on, a pulse is given to the coil from run battery which repulses (or attracts depending on your setup) the wheel magnets. When the transistor is off, the discharge of the coil happens into the charge battery. There's basically two paths for the run and charge batteries to go based on whether the transistor is on or off. I'm crudely paraphrasing from the book , there's illustrations and a much better explanation there, even though it is for a SSG with a capacitor. I think it's worth the money for working on the SG or SSG.

Hope it helps,

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X