Multi-ferroics and Stubblefield Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-ferroics and Stubblefield Battery

I've come across some YT videos on multiferroics and their unique potential for generating electricity. Chief among their most common varieties are Iron Oxide and Copper Oxide. There are quite a few videos out there, some more technical than others. Here's an interesting intro:
    Toward highly functional devices using multi-ferroics - YouTube

I've seen the occasional forum member post something about the rust on SB wires possibly being an important element in their ability to produce electricity. In light of current research on multi-ferroics, this seems to be more of a possibility. In short, when a magnet interacts with a multi-ferroic, a potential difference is induced as long as the magnet is in its vicinity (without having to move across the metal/wire). The deduction for me is that the interaction between the earth's magnetic field and the SB may well produce the same effect.

I realize this will go against the experience of some who have been producing voltage with moistened iron and copper windings. I can't help but wonder if the potential difference produced by these units is actually the fruit of a galvanic effect between the two metals on the coil.

Perhaps Stubblefield stumbled on the multi-ferroic-magnetic interaction as a way to produce useable power, using simple rusting iron wire coils.
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob Smith; 05-21-2014, 10:50 PM.

Just a few words to further clarify the above. I remember seeing pictures of Stubblefield's earth batteries on display in a museum (Stubblefield Museum?) and staring in disbelief at the condition of the wires, given what they were supposed to have accomplished. Now, however, I wonder if the combination of iron wire to pick up the earth's magnetic field, along with the rust on the wire's exterior provided the perfect multiferroic setup for generating electricity.
    Can it be that it was all so simple then, or has time re-written every line?
    Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were (1975) - YouTube
    Bob

Comment

Just a few words to further clarify the above. I remember seeing pictures of Stubblefield's earth batteries on display in a museum (Stubblefield Museum?) and staring in disbelief at the condition of the wires, given what they were supposed to have accomplished. Now, however, I wonder if the combination of iron wire to pick up the earth's magnetic field, along with the rust on the wire's exterior provided the perfect multiferroic setup for generating electricity.
      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Smith View Post
        Bob
        yeah, painful to remember the way we were

Comment

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
          yeah, painful to remember the way we were

Comment

Working...
          X