starting school study topics on this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting school study topics on this forum

Hi yall im switching my major and going back to school i wabt to study alot of the topics on this forum cause i know nothing really i wonder should i go to school for electrical engineering electronics or physics major

Originally posted by tturner View Post
    Hi yall im switching my major and going back to school i wabt to study alot of the topics on this forum cause i know nothing really i wonder should i go to school for electrical engineering electronics or physics major

neither one, theres no money in EITHER.

become a doctor or learn the stock market. College is where you get programmed into believing regurgitated nonsense they want and force you to believe.

Comment

Lol doctor ill never be able to get accepteted into med program i thought about it when i was younger 3 years ago

Comment

Lol doctor ill never be able to get accepteted into med program i thought about it when i was younger 3 years ago
        the best money is EASY

the missing secret (if you will) is to become an Xray technician

or MRI technician

requires VERY LITTLE study

and the PAY is insane, i.e. good.

I got one person to do that, hes never stopped thanking me even years later.

Comment

I just met a young fellow who's starting a Gas Fitter's diploma program at college. 1 or 2 years (can't remember), and they're in major short supply. Furnace guys told me here where I live that they don't have any Gas Fitting guys in this area, and have to bring them in from 1.5 hours away. Major shortage, high demand, fairly simple course.

Nursing is also a high demand occupation. Big money to be made in northern/rural-remote areas (at least in Canada), with 3 months per year for obligatory travel, with travel and moving allowances, sometimes free or heavily subsidized accommodation.
          Bob

Comment

@Bob
            I just met a young fellow who's starting a Gas Fitter's diploma program at college. 1 or 2 years (can't remember), and they're in major short supply. Furnace guys told me here where I live that they don't have any Gas Fitting guys in this area, and have to bring them in from 1.5 hours away. Major shortage, high demand, fairly simple course.
            I would agree and it is predicted that in the next 5-10 years 1/2 the trades workforce will be retiring...the boomers. I do work on the side and know most of the contractors from when I was building my houses and everyone is looking for employee's.

I'm not sure about the rates in other places but here no framer, plumber, electrician or HVAC related person moves for under $100/hr. The rates quoted may be lower but after all is said and done it's $100/hr any way you look at it. The real bonus is that most are self-employed. They start a company which puts them in the lowest tax bracket, write-off the tools, truck, 20% of mortgage as business related, meals, fuel and all other related expenses.

So they make good money but the tax shelter is where the trades really shine. That 50+% total tax rate the employee's pay becomes extremely low when self-employed. It's getting real crazy here in Canada and I have seen many estimates that work out to around $500/man hour for simple jobs. I met a friend I know in home depot a few months back who started a general contracting company. On one job he measured up granite counters, places the order to the granite manufacture, installs the countertops in under two hours. His employee made $40 and he made $1900 free and clear for two hours work with an input of less than $100. That's $900/hr...not bad for a guy with a high school education.

It's kind of comical in a way, one person goes to school for 10 years and becomes a doctor making maybe $300/hr but when he wants a new house built or renovated they pay a person with almost no education the same wage they make or more.

AC
            Last edited by Allcanadian; 09-09-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Beware. A fair amount of Physics on this board would be regarded as wrong by teachers and those marking examinations. Tesla would probably have failed any exams that he might have sat for.

Learn as much as possible here but be cautious about putting a good deal of it down on paper for them. When dealing with rabbits, you need to eat lettuce.

Comment

Working...
              X