New and light and 'new' discovery on Tesla by linking 2 of his quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and light and 'new' discovery on Tesla by linking 2 of his quotes

I posted quote 1 some time ago, and MOST 'speculation' here (and elsewhere) was that people assumed Tesla was talking about his AC motor / invention rather than the discovery of reciprocating / rotating force/magnetic field divergences and convergences.

Quote number #2 as found in another location entirely,.........by any reckoning seems to dispel the notion that Tesla placed or MEANT to imply his huge pride was invested in his AC MOTOR invention/ discovery RATHER THAN the discovery of reciprocating magnetic field divergences-convergences.

AS SUCH Tesla's greatest pride (if you will) seems to stem from his grasp of the fundamental nature of magnetism itself RATHER THAN his AC motor invention which harvested this force and power.

QUOTE 1

Nikola Tesla November 1928 interview:
    Toward the end of the interview, we asked Tesla which arena of science most appealed to him. While we expected him to mention radios and airplanes, the world wireless system, It was not the induction motor; instead it was the discovery of the principle that preceded the induction motor, the “rotating magnetic field”. Tesla answered: “rotating magnetic fields were dear to my heart. When I made the discovery of the rotating magnetic field, I was a very young man. The revelation came after years of concentrated thought and it was my first great thrill. It was not only a valuable discovery capable of extensive practical applications. It was a REVELATION OF NEW FORCES AND NEW PHENOMENA unknown to science before”.
    “No”, Dr. Tesla said with some feelings, “I would not give my rotating magnetic field discovery for a thousand inventions, however valuable, designed merely as mechanical contraptions to deceive the eye and ear!”
    Then saying: “A thousand years hence, the telephone and the motion picture camera may be obsolete, but the principle of the rotating magnetic field will remain a vital, living thing for all time to come.” - Nikola Tesla

Article: “A Famous Prophet of Science Looks into the Future” (Popular Science Monthly)

QUOTE 2 (parenthesis mine)

“No amount of praise is too much to bestow upon Edison for his (lamp / bulb), but all he did was wrought (‘work’) in known and passing forms. What I contributed constitutes a new and lasting edition to human knowledge. Like his lamp, my induction motor may be discarded and forgotten in the continuous evolution of the (electric motor?) arts, but my rotating field with its marvelous phenomena and manifestations of force (from magnetism) will life as long as science itself” - Nikola Tesla
    New York World Nov. 29, 1929, p. 10 col. 4-5. To the Editor of the World

~~~~~~

In another ilk, I love this one I found.

“Seldom if ever has an original ideal of consequence been born in an elaborate laboratory. The egg of science is laid in the nest of solitude. True, it maybe later be incubated, hatched and nursed in a million dollar laboratory. No big laboratory is needed in which to think. Originality thrives in seclusion free of outside influences beating upon us to cripple the creative mind. Be alone! This is the secret of invention; be alone, that is where ideas are borne.” – Nikola Tesla
    Last edited by TheoriaApophasis; 12-06-2014, 04:57 AM. Reason: correction

TheoriaApophasis,
    you more than anyone got me thinking about the rotating magnetic field,
    I built a 6 phase power supply and have been making rotating magnetic fields,
    every configuration I can think of...
    it drives me nuts that I am missing some small part to make it do something interesting

Comment

Originally posted by spacecase0 View Post
      TheoriaApophasis,
      you more than anyone got me thinking about the rotating magnetic field,
      I built a 6 phase power supply and have been making rotating magnetic fields,
      every configuration I can think of...
      it drives me nuts that I am missing some small part to make it do something interesting

its like trying to squeeze water is a water balloon, no matter where you squeeze it, its bulges somewhere else, its all pressure gradients that self-correct.

Tesla got his idea from the moons movements, and devised a way to 'trick' magnetism to chase after a false voidance of itself to induce rotary movement.
      You/ I / Others have to be just as skilled at 'tricking' the field divergences.

The "old dog" can perform some new tricks we havent yet fully realized yet.

Im certain some form of major discovery will reveal itself as an epic discovery for mankind based upon magnetic pressure geometries. Such pressure vectors of magnetism so popularly being RAPIDLY discovered from the use of pyramidal magnets as being used in testing and medical research etc etc.

such as seen here from my friend, George Mizzel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNtZUFhjquw
      Last edited by TheoriaApophasis; 12-06-2014, 03:56 AM.

Comment

now that gives me some ideas...
        thank you for the insight

Comment

I have been trying to get people to think about teslas pancake coil for a long time but no one was interested. why do you think he posed in front of his coil reading his fav book? his most famous pic of all time and his most valuable invention, his pancake coil! think about it??

Comment

there is only 1 quote that you need to know to realise this, do you know this one TA?

Comment

Originally posted by Gav View Post
              there is only 1 quote that you need to know to realise this, do you know this one TA?

You need to find out what happens when you charge two inverted bowl coils in proximity of their apexes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gav View Post
                I have been trying to get people to think about teslas pancake coil for a long time but no one was interested. why do you think he posed in front of his coil reading his fav book? his most famous pic of all time and his most valuable invention, his pancake coil! think about it??
                In fact I think about the pancake coil all the time. Although many people make a little one and experiment with it, in the photo of Tesla the coil is huge. To do any serious experiments one needs to build a coil that big.

I even believe in that pose he is passing on a hidden message.

Comment

It's valuable to remember how Tesla found rotating magnetic field.... Surely he was not the first one in history, if he found remarkable help from Goethe....

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBlaster View Post
                    In fact I think about the pancake coil all the time. Although many people make a little one and experiment with it, in the photo of Tesla the coil is huge. To do any serious experiments one needs to build a coil that big.

I even believe in that pose he is passing on a hidden message.
                    its not just the size, its the way it is made, the bigger the better but it can be made as small as a meter across and still be affective, if you look closely his coil has a mass on the out side and 3 coils in the centre, he then has a "plug" that he inserts into the centre, a coil with a ferrite core perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                      It's valuable to remember how Tesla found rotating magnetic field.... Surely he was not the first one in history, if he found remarkable help from Goethe....

Ive found that Teslas SECOND "secret source" for his discovery is GUSTAVE LA BON

Comment

Working...
                      X