Secret tool for getting texts you cannot get on certain websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret tool for getting texts you cannot get on certain websites

Tired of those pesky websites that hide their "GOLD" / Texts (and audio, and and and......) ?

MAC APP called "SiteSucker", it literally "vacuums" the entire website down to your computer. You can also set parameters for what TYPE / SIZE etc. files it "sucks"

This program (wonderfully) "sucks"

Ive used it with much success.

"WHY LOOK FOR A BACK DOOR FOR ACCESS!!!! JUST SUCK IT ALL TO YOUR COMPUTER!!!"

SiteSucker for OS X

For OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion: SiteSucker 2.4.6

What is SiteSucker?

SiteSucker is a Macintosh application that automatically downloads Web sites from the Internet. It does this by asynchronously copying the site's Web pages, images, backgrounds, movies, and other files to your local hard drive, duplicating the site's directory structure. Just enter a URL (Uniform Resource Locator), press return, and SiteSucker can download an entire Web site.
    Last edited by TheoriaApophasis; 02-10-2015, 07:45 PM.

Originally posted by TheoriaApophasis View Post
    Tired of those pesky websites that hide their "GOLD" / Texts (and audio, and and and......) ?
    I'm guessing this will follow all links, but how does it find links not referenced?

For example, if I use the shell prompt and issue:
    Code:
    wget --mirror http://kathodos.com/
    It only grabs the index.html page, since that page doesn't reference anything else.

I may have to give it a try and see how well it does. I would imagine scripted sites to be a problem, i.e. WordPress, forums and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog-One View Post
      I may have to give it a try and see how well it does. I would imagine scripted sites to be a problem, i.e. WordPress, forums and such.

You just enter the website www WHATEVER .com etc.

it grabs all possible.

Try it.
      Last edited by TheoriaApophasis; 02-10-2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

For those of us not using a MAC OS, there is also HTTrack for Windows which does the same thing. WGet is another option. Both are free.

Comment

I use HTTrack with good results

Comment

Working...
          X