The Ultimate Electro-Mechanical Device to Harness Gravitational Potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gene gene View Post
    Paul, Matt, Thanks for all your hard work on this. I wish you good luck.

Paul I now have a pay pal acc. and could help a little. Let me know how.

Gene
    I'll work out a complete price what we need. I am in discussions with a very interesting active magnetic bearing manufacturer about this topic.

I can sort a PayPal link if enough people can club together to buy these bearings.

I do think initially just try to make one and use 5mm wooden spacers on the 6x 2 thick outer magnets.

That will set an air gap for the middle magnet. If it doesn't levitate in there it won't work.

Based on what I've seen so far it will and the force will be strong.

Comment

Back to what I was saying about spacing to carry weight. The attached image kind of itterates over that.

Cheers
      Matt
      Last edited by Matthew Jones; 01-14-2017, 02:24 AM.

Comment

What you have drawn makes sense.

In which case, the bottom 6 magnets of the drawing I did could be N30 neodymium magnets?

All the magnets distances would be adjustable in the design I'm thinking of.

I just see it as part of the tuning process.

The magnets could be upgraded later perhaps by swapping out the N30s and putting them at the top and then put N42 or higher at the bottom.

How many magnets do you think is best?

So many experiments that could be done with this.

I can see these bearings helping out loads of people.

Comment

That video I posted earlier outlines the math problem you need to solve to know how much weight you'll get. Lots of papers using those mathematical formulas discussing the same information. You don't have to wonder you just have to know the accuracy of your magnets.
          There are a lot of companies making them as well.

Matt

Comment

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS_lwfmjQc4[/VIDEO]

Have you seen this design of magnetic bearing before?

If this is genuine, then the design can surely be improved.

Do you think having the poles further apart gives the design more stability than using thinner ring or disc magnets?

Comment

Originally posted by truesearch View Post
              @soundiceuk:

Please take a look at the following drawing. . . is this getting closer??

I've added identifies "A" and "B" so perhaps you can give some direction as to which "piece" needs to rotate/change, etc.

truesearch

This diagram has some relevance to help you imagine my findings.

After doing many experiments with various size and shape neo magnets and pendulums I come to the conclusion that fixed magnets appear to not be able to propel a device.

This is because of magnetic cogging.

I don't think there is anyway to avoid this with fixed magnets.

However, this brings my research back to having a motor turn a disc with fixed magnet/s.

I've proved to myself that diametrically magnetized work much better than flat bar magnets.

My new design does away with the pendulums completely.

It is capable to running at high RPM within the bearing and construction capabilities.

It consists of two strong lightweight wheels on an axle.

It features 8 weights bracing the two wheels at 45 degrees apart.

One to 8 diametrically magnetized magnets can be attached to the weights and the position around the weight can be changed for tuning.

A motor featuring a wheel with one to 8 diametrically magnetized magnets is attached to the frame.

If the timing is right there is no cogging and pure repulsion. If placed right this benefits both sides of the main wheel and the motor driven wheel.

The centre of gravity is displaced and the motor and wheel amplify the main wheel because there is no physical connection.

The problem with all pendulum based devices is they have a low RPM.

With this design the device is levering the main shaft that drives the alternator for most of the rotation.

This is a very crude experiment I did years ago, but it does show it will work.

There are fixed diametrically magnetized 20mm x 20mm inside the copper tubes. 20KG pull.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h815s1dk8m...t%201.MOV?dl=0

The output is not directly attached to the input.

Any thoughts please?

Best regards,

Paul
              Last edited by soundiceuk; 07-29-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

The timing mechanism could be a disc with 8 teeth, an inductive pickup and transistor to pulse the motor. The duty and dwell could be adjustable on potentiometers.

Comment

The principle energy source is gravitational potential because of the centre of gravity shift.

The mechanical advantage is leverage.
                  Last edited by soundiceuk; 07-29-2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X