X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPGA Secret

Here is the related link:

Design News - Electronics News - Secrets for a 1,500-MPG Car Revealed

I figure there are at least a few of you that will be able to read this report and understand the significance so I share it here.

Let me say what I mean in as words that are short and concise as possible. It was necessary to use an FPGA to achieve the results obtained because an FPGA operates at significantly higher levels of performance than any other control technology available. For best performance you will need to take a lesson from this story. If you intend to get the most out of your design you should take this into account.
    There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Thanks Wayne

I missed that car. This has happened many many times and recently
    more doctors who has cures for cancer were silently removed from this
    world. Sad but true. I hope this man takes the offer he can't refuse.

The very smart inventors are targets. I hope he doesn't take a bullet.

The medical intellectuals are a different story as these men have the
    power to cure people one on one, where the inventor of a car must
    rely on some special interest group who will fund the building of a
    plant for automobiles. Startup cost starting at $50-$100 million.

Many men have had their lives taken. Let's wait and see, hoping for
    the best.

Comment

Let's analyze it in detail...

Hey Wayne,

Nice article...I see...sponsored by Shell.

I really don't see much "hope" about this development, at all.

Let's just briefly review it...

They are talking about a 50cc small gas engine, I owned two Honda Elite which have the same ICE, a very fuel saver, but transports you no higher than 45 MPH, no matter how much you modify its carburetor linkage and fuel mix.

And as you wrote...the success lies on the FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) Controller...

Now, the one they used, an FPEG RIO Controller starts at 3500.00USD and gets all the way to 7500.00USD...depending on the CPU speed.

Then we need the "System on Module"...

Then we need the Single Board Monitoring and Controllers

...And of course, we need the Software, plus learn to use it...

In other words, they've used an already cheap, small economy engine...which barely takes just one passenger above 45 MPH...and spent over 20,000 in Hardware-software equipment.

And of course, they are not revealing the main frame as the body of that small little car(t) composition is based on...as I am VERY sure it's made of "State of the Arts" Composites...primarily Carbon Fibers, Kevlar, HSLA (High Strength Light Alloys) etc,etc...which sets the project -easy- over half a million USD...if not more.

And all of this...in order to participate in an "Exotic" Race funded by Shell...the "ECO" Marathon...

This is absolutely a project that only the son of a multi-millionaire could afford... and am pretty sure he rather choose to go out and buy a Ferrari, or a Lambo...rather than buy this little car(t) that...takes him what...50 MPH?

And still would have to make two, one for DOT to crash it...passing the spec's of "Street Legal" license...LOL

Or an "Entity" like SHELL, who is trying to -makes Us all believe- that "they are really doing something" and are "definitively worried" about "ECO"...which is completely false, a huge lie.

Ask SHELL why don't they fund a Fully Electric Race car, and invest as much?

Because they simply will NOT.

Shows like this type... keep "entertained" the audience looking for a better place to live...free of oil burning machines.

Kind Regards

Ufopolitics
      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-23-2016, 04:21 PM.
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

The Reason

Thanks, guys. Even though you add to what I was saying, you are among the few that actually understand.
        There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

Working...
        X