Mechanical Magnetic Torque Amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amperage for Gauss

My calculations place the 3" diameter Neo ring magnet at around 2000 Gauss. That would require around 20 Amps of input my into ferrite core bifilar of 121mH to neutralize the strength.

The sturdy latching Reed switch commutator contacts I designed should be able to handle this high a current. The output may be over 3 times the input. I measured the Ohmic resistance of the small Electro-magnet coil and it was nearly identical to the bifilar resistance, both reading nearly the same inductance with the bifilar as air core. Both the Electro-magnet and the bifilar coil have stranded wire. The only explanation for this would be the tightness of the factory wound Electro-magnet.

Lower voltage avoids sparking and power loss through induction seepage. I need to shop for an amperage regulated power supply. The output would be enough to run a household electric furnace!

Naturally the addition of magnet spacers would lower the I/O.
    Last edited by Allen Burgess; 10-28-2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Magnet bifilar & core inductance

The coil and core inductance has dropped to 91.5 mH with the two Neo discs in place in attraction on top and bottom. The ferrite core is now close to half saturated.

The magnet calculator will give the distance to space the magnets for any input amperage for a neutralization pulse.
      Last edited by Allen Burgess; 10-28-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• More gap lower frequency.

Look at Gotoluc's schematic below for his self running coil: "More magnet gap, lower (pulse) frequency":

The further the magnets are away from the ferrite core, the higher the coil inductance and the greater the coil's magnet force per pulse; The inverse is also true. This same relationship holds true for the neutralization pulse coil with ferrite core.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 10-28-2017, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Inductance of a dead AA battery.

I tested a dead 1.5 volt AA battery for inductance while fooling around, and "Lo and Behold" it measured a whopping .35 Henrys.

Imagine how much permanent magnet force 9 of these worthless batteries could neutralize with the proper current pulse! 3 Teslas.

I am very excited about experimenting with this new kind of electro-magnet over my bifilar coil of 121mH with the ferrite core. That's close to 3 times the inductance from a lousy dead 1.5 volt AA pen light battery! Awesome discovery!

Inductance has the same ratio of input to magnet force as copper mass in Hob Nilre's equation. 1x input times 2x copper mass equals 2x magnet force; Likewise 1x input times 2x inductance equals 2x magnet force. One AA battery would deliver 3 times the magnet force as my bifilar coil with ferrite core, for the same watts of input!

Imagine a core of bundeled, dead AA batteries with copper disk conductor plates top and bottom, surrounded by a copper wire output coil jouncing those large disk magnets I demo'd in the videos.

This neutralization pulse oscillator with the AA electro-magnets should be many, many times over unity. This was an accidental quantum leap discovery while measuring the dead AA battery for negative inductance.!

These batteries may auto charge as well. We'll see.
          Last edited by Allen Burgess; 11-03-2017, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• Inside a AA battery.

Check this short video out; The high carbon low perm core retains magnetic flux, the rest is magnesium oxide particulate. Can't beat that combination for high inductance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovIm9EzdWMo
            Last edited by Allen Burgess; 11-03-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• AA battery neutralization test.

I just completed the first neutralization test on the dead 1.5 volt AA battery:

I attached the (+) polarity of an eight 3/8" diameter by 1/8" thick stack of Neo disc magnets to the (-) flat anode end of the AA battery. The positive (+) nipple end then had the magnetic attraction force to lift up a 3" ferrite rod. I applied 1500 mA of positive power to the (-) magnet side and when the power was disconnected, the ferrite rod dropped from the (+) nipple end. The AA battery then needed a few seconds of rest before it re-attracted the ferrite rod. The AA battery has great inductance, however this is coupled with a large reluctance factor. (Stores magnetic energy).

This would limit a powerful neutralization oscillator to a frequency of around .5 Hertz, or 2 seconds per cycle. The OU COP would be enormous.
              Last edited by Allen Burgess; 11-03-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• 3+ Teslas of neutralization force!

I calculated the Gauss of the 3/8" diameter x 1/8" thick N52 Neo discs at 0 distance along the Z axis. (On the perpendicular through the center) and got 3883.8 Gauss. The total for the eight discs end to end equals 31,070.4 Gauss.

That's the magnetic neutralization strength of the .35 Henry AA battery at 1500 mA. Over three Teslas!

I need to calculate the total power consumption in "Watt Hours". It took time to build to that magnetic force level in seconds. I'll arrive at that figure next. This will add to the reluctance figure for a final oscillation frequency.

The AA battery builds up a "Three Tesla strength magnetic force field" over a short time span of electrical input, then stores the magnetic force for a short time in seconds after the power's disconnected.

We can increase input current to shorten the charge time, but the reluctance magnetic field dissipation time span would remain constant. For example, raising the input current from 1.5 amps to 3 amps would cut the charge time in half, but have no effect on the relinquishing.
                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 11-03-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Inductance density.

Eighteen AA batteries, 5 in the center, (4 & center hole for the axle), then 4 & 3 on each side occupies the same space over the Neo disk as 4 electro-magnets. The difference is the AA's have 20 times the inductance per square centimeter.

The drawback to the AA's is the reduction in oscillation frequency from the battery carbon core reluctance. Assuming the electro-magnets can oscillate at 2 Hertz, the AA's would need to oscillate at under .1 Hertz or instead of twice a second, once every 10 seconds to beat the efficiency. One cycle every 5 seconds would make the AA's twice as efficient!

Two timer switches would be needed to first energize the batteries and a second to allow the carbon cores to bleed their magnetic force off before the next charge. A Hexafilar stack of "Skycollection" type output pancake coils over the batteries would couple to a FWBR and eliminate the need for a commutator. There would first be a high amplitude output sine wave followed by a rising slope as the lower magnet field seeped up through the cores into the over head output coils.

So far it looks like the AA's might add up to a huge improvement. More testing is underway.
                  Last edited by Allen Burgess; 11-03-2017, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Bifilar coil and high perm ferrite core on top of an electro-magnet.

Look at this picture; I have the bifilar mounted on top of the electro-magnet as purely an output coil: This may work bettor as a Solid State generator. I'll try it tomorrow.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Allen Burgess; 11-04-2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• 50% more voltage output with neutralization pulse.

This video demonstrates 50% more voltage output with the neutralization pulse over the complimentary power pulse. Also, an 18 AA battery bundle shows the size of a shunt with over 80 times the inductance of the electro-magnet coil:

The electro-magnet is delivering a high of .35 A.C. volts of bifilar output; The 18 AA's may have the neutralization strength to deliver over 28 A.C. volts of output per pulse of equal input power! Remember, Mass of copper has a direct proportion and function to Henrys of inductance!

Magnetic strength varies inversely to Henrys. Magnetic strength has the same ratio in copper mass. Twice the wire, twice the magnet force per amp, or the same force for half the power. The same ratio extends to Henrys of inductance: Twice the inductance, twice the magnet force, or the same force for half the power. Copper has a direct proportion to it's Henrys of inductance per length. The ratio is jaundiced by the sludge factor of reluctance in the batteries over the copper of the inductor; This is a handicap, but preliminary tests point to a huge gain factor anyway! It may be time to pop the corks!

https://youtu.be/2hqnEddy7ZE
                      Last edited by Allen Burgess; 11-04-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• AA Ohmic resistance.

The batteries all measure in the 15-20 Mega Ohm range. This means they draw even less input power then the copper wire inductor. We get probably 100 times the magnet force per same Watt Hour as the elector-magnet coil, but we have to wait for the shunt to turn on. It takes probably as much time for it to turn off! So, we get that enormously big a gain in exchange for the turn on and turn off time span in seconds!

Comment

• Interruption voltage spike.

One final point; Interruption of the AA charging current generates a high voltage spike inside the batteries. This sudden increase in voltage and field force is the peak strength and the decoupling point for the neutraliztion pulse.

Then, the low perm carbon battery core is "Reluctant" to relinquish it's magnet field. The central point is: The sudden interruption of the input current triggers the full strength of the magnet force.

Comment

• Final design

Here's the final schematic of the "Solid State Neutralization Generator"; Two pancake output coils, one on each end: A central core, ferrite through the output coils then turning to plastic as a support girder to keep the pressure of the attracting disc magnets from squashing the copper output coils.

A 6 unit array, could work off the same commutator in serial fashion to deliver a steady current. A power source would be needed to run the commutator and charge the battery shunts. The input power source can be fed by the output.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Allen Burgess; 11-05-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Magnetic Thyristor.

The carbon rod core of the AA battery is a semi-conductor, and as such has qualities of a transistor. The Hi-voltage back spike acts like the signal to a transistor base electrode, opening the resistance pathway to a current surge through the carbon rod which in turn generates a very powerful magnetic field like the one demonstrated in my "Oersted video".

This highest state of design eliminates the cumbersome BEMF from the low resistance copper inductor. The back spike gap is no longer needed on the commutatorr to channel the BEMF to storage. A second bonus is the elimination of the DPDT switch which handled the hybrid power coil.

This is a "Double Imploder Alternator". First the back-spike implodes the carbon core of the magnetic thyristor, then the shunt bundle implodes the chassis field!

Counting the current interrupting reed contact, there are "Three implosions" so it might be more appropriate to call it a "Triple Implosion Alternator".
                              Last edited by Allen Burgess; 11-05-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Commutator trigger magnet spacing.

The reluctance factor is constant. This bleed off time span would require a fixed space between the commutator trigger magnets. The remaining charge time space would need to be regulated by amperage.

Four chassis and four pairs of trigger magnets; Fist two pairs off set by 180 degrees, then the second pair offset from the first pair by 45 degrees.
                                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 11-05-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X